• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Forty-Seven Ronin

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Due to the fact that i have reformatted my computer and forgot to save the map, this will not be updated anymore, sorry for any inconvenience

Story
The forty-seven ronin are a samurai who were left leaderless after your daimyo was forced to commit seppuku for assaulting a court official named Kira Yoshinaka, whose title was Kozukeno suke. The ronin avenged their master's honor after patiently waiting and planning for over a year to kill Kira. When you tried to assasinate Kira she ungratefully was expecting this to happen thus prepared an ambush for you, as a resault most of the your samruai friends were killed. Your ambitions though absoultly did not let you quit so you pursued to kill Kira still who has some how controlled all 4 of the great elements: Earth, Fire, Water, Darkness.
Note: This is a folk tale told in japan
Map
In this maze map you must conquer through 4 different mazes which are fire water earth darkness (in that order) and then go through an epic level with many enimies to defeat Kira.
On your conquest to revenge your daimyo you can aswell gather many secret utillites and weapons to help you defeat the boss.
Other Information
Resources found in-game
Map is optimized due to its irregular chubby size for a maze
boss battles
secrets to help defeat bosses

Screenies

Maze1-Fire

maze11.jpg

maze12.jpg

maze13.jpg

maze14.jpg

Maze2-Ice

maze21.jpg

maze22.jpg

maze23.jpg

maze24.jpg

Maze3-Earth

maze31.jpg

maze32.jpg

maze33.jpg

maze34.jpg

Maze4-Darkness

maze41.jpg

maze42.jpg

Updated=v3

v0.01
Changed Quest log
v0.02
added anti-cheat system
v0.03
Fixed quests tab
added 1 earth maze
fixed god amulet
added checkpoint auras
few other minor changes
v0.04
added continues
fixed collision on first earth maze
changed it so all riddles are one word
changed it so instead of the 4th maze being air, it is darkness
a few other un-noticable things
v0.05
fixed broken amulet
fixed contiunes (i think)
v0.06
added another maze
fixed continues.....i think
minor fixes
v0.07
fininshed earth maze
v0.08
finished darkness maze
v1.00
fininshed the map
shortened map name
v2.00
changed skin of kira
added a surprise after kira dies =D
v3.00
added 30 sec wait time (lags in begining)
numerous changes
changed ending again
STILL cant get continues to work (eee so annoying)

i am currently working on trynna do most of the things that lag_review suggested and aswel trynna get those lousy continues working, will be releasing v3.5 once continues work again, also if needed i need to make some mazes more easy cause i dont think anyone has passed even the first maze *sad*
Currently accomplished things:
Timer Window
Changed Nodescript
fixed mana regeneration name
fixed the lag

Develepment Thread:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/forty-seven-ronin-161391/

Keywords:
japan,folk tale, medieval,samurai,ninja,EFP,maze
Contents

The Forty-Seven Ronin (Map)

Reviews
18:15, 22nd Apr 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 4
shorten file name to allow v1.24 default working status, this way, people can leave it at the default name, and Hosts will deal with less DLers. Right now, people have to change the file name, and people may decide to get rid of different parts, resulting in different file name, and thus, resulting in DLing from the host, and thus, delaying playing time.

Level 4
shorten file name to allow v1.24 default working status, this way, people can leave it at the default name, and Hosts will deal with less DLers. Right now, people have to change the file name, and people may decide to get rid of different parts, resulting in different file name, and thus, resulting in DLing from the host, and thus, delaying playing time.

shortened file name to "47 Ronin OPT v1"

Can you post screenshots?

Getting screen shots right now.

Done

Last edited:
Level 7
Heres a Review P:

Well I was recently saw this map and as it looked good, so I decided to give it a review.

So here is the review, Hope you enjoy and use my ideas and criticism to help improve your map.

*Note I did not make it to any of the bosses to see if they are overpowered/unkillable

• Nice animated loading screen
  • Nice camera commands
  • Good use of custom spells/icons
  • Maze terrain was good

• No Bugs
  • Few Glitches
  • Most of the game worked

• You have 2 spells that have the same effect (2 spells that increase the speed of nearby friendly units)
  • Should not say that your hero has fallen when you get the next stage of the maze (Should say hero has made it to the next stage of the maze or something)
  • Only one person has to make it to the end of the stage to get to the next part of the maze (Should have to wait for every alive player to get to the next stage of the maze before you can move on)
  • Name of mana regeneration spell is broken "cffff0000Mana Regeneration"
  • Continues are per team not per player (Should be 3 continues per player not per team, as some players are better than others and if there team brings them down then it wouldn't be good)
  • No image near the name down the bottom just a black square
    zsvbdt.jpg

• Could add an upcoming updates log so we know what you are working on fixing/adding
  • Maybe you could add a youtube video of gameplay (This will attract more downloads if done well)
  • Add something to the ingame description, the description under the preview map before you hit start game atm yours says "Nondescript"

• A confirm box for the "-name command", that tells everyone you have changed your name for example I type "-name bob" it would then say "Player 1 has changed his name from bill to bob" for example.

I was thinking at the start of the game where we have to wait a very very slow 30seconds that there needs to be something to tell us that the game is still working and hasn't infact frozen on us.

So, I was thinking you could add a countdown at the start so we know when the 30seconds are up and so we know the game hasn't frozen.

It would countdown from 30, then when 30 had disappeared 29 would appear and so on.

Overall, the map is a fun for a maze map which requires a lot of skill. Although the map seems impossible in some places, I think that just makes it more challenging and all the better (Hope it isn't impossible to finish). Also as there are some glitches/bugs/errors in the stuff that I tested I would still suggest this map to friends and people who like maze/avoid the npc styled maps and I would also suggest this map to friends as the bugs/glitches/errors are only minor.

I Vote for Approval and would give it a 2/5 It still has a little way to go yet before it is complete and up to scratch, so fix some of the cons I suggested and you will be well on your way.

All in all hope you liked my review as much as I enjoyed playing your map,
Lag_Reviews P:

PS: Why is the downloaded map name different to the ingame map name? Also can't wait to here your feedback on my review and see what you brign to this map in the future P:

Last edited:
Level 7
No worries...

One Word=Wow, thanks alot Lag_Review this is exactly the review i needed for my map i will get working on it right away, +rep for taking your time to review my map, thank you.

Glad you liked my review and are going to fix up your map, it is much appreciated thank-you.

I will re-review your map once you release the next version to see that it is all good,
Lag_Reviews P:

PS: Can't wait to see the next version, keep up the good work.

Level 4
I don't know why but this map lags really hard whenever I play it. Did you destroy leaks?

umm all i know is that when i tested it it lags hard in the begining then it stops (thats why i put the 30 sec wait time) but if it persists to lag then i guess i gotta do something bout it =D

and aswell...i want to make a video...but i dont know how XD

ASWELL i tried to fix it when hero dies it doesnt say (name) has fallen but it didnt work

EDIT:
acorn i haz fixed the lag problem but i havent posted the map yet im hoping to fix my continues trigger before doing so

Edit:
i dont have 2 spells that increase movement speed for allys, one of them is and "aura" the other one is not, i just fixed the tooltip saying that the other one is and aura, the aura provides LESS movement speed than the other skill btw.

Edit:
for the black screen for the hero i can't fix it because sadly it never came with a portrait picture D=

Last edited: