• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ForestTroll Football v0.52

Map is Protected
An american football-like game, playing as a Team, scoring and winning the Game!

++++++++Gameplay++++++++
Advancing the ball to the opponent end zone to score a Touchdown (6 points each). After each Touchdown will be a Bonus Point, which is chosen between a kick that gives 1 point and a 1v1 Run for 2 points. The first team that reaches the selected Winning Points, wins the game.
Each play will start at the same spot, turning over from the previous Offense Team.
Each position has their own jobs to help their team. Players select their position as soon as they enter the hosted game.

++++++++Positions++++++++
QB - Quarterback :
The first player to play the ball. He then pass it to a teammate.
QB has a special throw technique that other positions doesn't.
Center :
The player to Snap the ball (start the play).
Perfect at protecting and blocking for the teammates.
Slow but is able to tackle multi-unit.
TE - Tight End :
A hybrid position, has ability supporting pass and catch.
RB - Running back :
Have the fastest movement speed, can be used as a Runner or Defender.
WR - Wide Receivers :
There are two players for this position.
With the farthest jump range and shortest cooldown, as well as the ability to see the falling point of the ball, making him a super catcher.

++++++++Keys++++++++

Esc to Change Camera View
A to Tackle
Z to Run
X to Pass
C to Jump
V to Drop the ball
F to Block
D to Fall Pass (QB)
Q to Handover the ball
W to Strive (Rush to the ball)

++++++++Tips++++++++

163512-albums4164-picture61920.jpg

Tackling a teammate from behind, pushing it forward.
Tackling teammates doesn't slow or stun them.
Usable in offending and defending.

163512-albums4164-picture61923.jpg

Press Tackle (A) then press Jump (C) quickly after tackling,
the unit will perform a Super Jump, tackling units in his way.

163512-albums4164-picture61921.jpg

An offending technique, the ball carrier drop the ball and block for a follower
who then pickup the ball and run forward.

163512-albums4164-picture61922.jpg

In case of delaying Tackle, blocking and pushing enemy ball carrier out of bound can be used.

++++++++Screenshots++++++++

163512-albums4164-picture39335.jpg

163512-albums4164-picture39334.jpg

163512-albums4164-picture39328.jpg

163512-albums4164-picture39329.jpg

163512-albums4164-picture39330.jpg

163512-albums4164-picture39331.jpg

163512-albums4164-picture39332.jpg

163512-albums4164-picture39333.jpg

++++++++[Azeroth Bowl]++++++++

163512-albums4164-picture61924.jpg

Co-op mode, playing against other Football teams of Azeroth. Each team has its own unique personality and skills. 4 Round is played. Opponents are picked randomly.
All player must be on team1 in order to enter the competition.

Single Player: Go through the league, playing as different position, each comes with different difficulty level of gameplay:
Newbie - RB
Easy - QB
Medium - WR
Difficult - TE
Insane - Center

++++++++Additional Info.++++++++
Each unit has their own status displaying on their hero attribute, showing number of score, fumble and pass/catch they did.
MVP is shown at the multiboard.

======Ai Edition======
Bots are now added. Bots play on both single player and multiplayer. Bots will fill up the game, taking place of empty/left/computer. You can join the game as any position you like, keep in mind that all the choices will be done by the QB of each team.
Play as different position for different experience.

v 0.52 - MVP System / Forbid Forward Pass / 1v1 Defend gain bonus individual point / Minor Bugs fixed
v 0.51 - Bugs fixed
v 0.50 - Team "Ironforge Warrior" and "Thunderbluff Might" added/ Camera System/ Long Pass Catch protection / Ai improved / Bugs fixed
v 0.47 - Ai improved / Many bugs fixed / New Minimap image and LoadingScreen
v 0.45 - Team "Darkspear's Shadows" added / Ai improved
v 0.43/0.44 - Ai improved / Bugs fixing / Tooltips edited
v 0.42 - Strive and Handover command added / Tooltips edited / Minor changes / Files size reduced
v 0.40 - Azeroth Bowl Mode/ Challenge Mode / Ai improved / 1v1 Run point reduced to 2 / Ai control / Minor changes / Bugsfixed
V 0.19 - Ai edited
V 0.18 - Ai added / Kick point reduced to 1 / 1v1 Run Bonus Point added / Reduced lag
V 0.17 - Tackling Range added (Tackle only allows within 650 range from ball carrier) / Tooltips Edit / Block added to every Position
V 0.16 - Minor changes/ Tooltips Edit/ QB pass skills changed
V 0.15 - Tackle Lag Greatly Reduced/ Tooltips Edit/ Tackle team Debuff removed
V 0.14 - Tackle Lag Reduced
V 0.13 - Minor Bugs fixed/ Terrain Edited

I created a new and improve version of ForestTroll Football
Here is the next generation of Warcraft football

Keywords:
football, troll, forest, foresttroll, foresttroll football, fang__00, fang, parasyte, touchdown, teamwork, team, sport, american football, ball, fun,
Contents

ForestTroll Football v0.52 (Map)

Reviews
19:58, 24th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment
Level 8
Pathing blockers are really bad, if I move hero to border line and jump or throw ball it will get out :D

Why? That what i want it to be.
The early version had no barrier, when play, the ball get out so easily.
Tackling an opponent out of the barrier slow them down because they need to wait to jump back into the game.
And that why you have to be careful playing around the boundary.

I bet you havent play the proper game mode, if the ball goes out, the game stops and calls "Out of Bound".

Level 35
I don't see why protected maps are a waste of time. You don't have to open it in World Editor to enjoy it -.-

Anyway, on the topic of the MAP. I typically don't like the sport of FOOTBALL, but I like GAMES. So this puts me in a tight spot.

Loljks, I haven't played it yet, but I've seen the screenshots, and I have to say this actually looks really fun to play, especially for a 'football' map ;)

Makes me think of games like Fifa, only you have better control over your players :p

I must play this =D
GW

Level 9
Description
Verdict
The description is adequate enough and meets submission guidelines.
162343-albums4195-picture39632.png
Gameplay
Verdict
The gameplay was rather solid (from the two games I played with some friends via virtual lan) for being one of those sport maps, and it was rather fun as well. It was difficult at first to learn the controls to function on the field but most maps require the same hotkey memorization process. Sometimes playing the quarterback and having the double-hotkey for throwing was a hinderance: you'd think that you could simply do a straight throw with Z like a receiver but no!- you gatta hit another key! But this is just something that players will have to overcome (since the abilities obviously don't fit in the command bar). It was entertaining enough! However, the ball continuously went out of bounds and players had to jump over and go get it – it just doesn't make much sense, and this alone will hinder a passing grade! The ball should always trigger "out of bounds" and the appropriate action be taken; right now it's just weird..
162343-albums4195-picture39654.png
Terrain
Verdict
The terrain fit the style of the map and the doodad-powered "fans" lining the field was a nice touch. The outside could use some touching up but its not that essential for players won't be visually focused on it.
Interface
Verdict
The hotkeys were simple to master (e.g throw was Z, right in the corner and easily accessible) and the map didn't show any signs of major leaks (map is protected, cannot manually check). Simply passes.
Replayability
Verdict
Replayability: good. This map is fun with friends, and might be a map that some custom gamers play every now and then with online friends or their clanmates.
162343-albums4195-picture39639.png
162343-albums4195-picture39653.png

Level 8
Description
Verdict
The description is adequate enough and meets submission guidelines.
Gameplay
Verdict
The gameplay was rather solid (from the two games I played with some friends via virtual lan) for being one of those sport maps, and it was rather fun as well. It was difficult at first to learn the controls to function on the field but most maps require the same hotkey memorization process. Sometimes playing the quarterback and having the double-hotkey for throwing was a hinderance: you'd think that you could simply do a straight throw with Z like a receiver but no!- you gatta hit another key! But this is just something that players will have to overcome (since the abilities obviously don't fit in the command bar). It was entertaining enough! However, the ball continuously went out of bounds and players had to jump over and go get it – it just doesn't make much sense, and this alone will hinder a passing grade! The ball should always trigger "out of bounds" and the appropriate action be taken; right now it's just weird..
162343-albums4195-picture39654.png
Terrain
Verdict
The terrain fit the style of the map and the doodad-powered "fans" lining the field was a nice touch. The outside could use some touching up but its not that essential for players won't be visually focused on it.
Interface
Verdict
The hotkeys were simple to master (e.g throw was Z, right in the corner and easily accessible) and the map didn't show any signs of major leaks (map is protected, cannot manually check). Simply passes.
Replayability
Verdict
Replayability: good. This map is fun with friends, and might be a map that some custom gamers play every now and then with online friends or their clanmates.
162343-albums4195-picture39639.png
162343-albums4195-picture39653.png

thanks for the review :D

Only one thing is that the ball doesnt easily goes out of the barrier, and even if it does, in a proper game mode (not 1 player) the play stop and call Out of Bound, which players do not have to go out and get the ball like you mentioned.

Level 12
I don't see why protected maps are a waste of time. You don't have to open it in World Editor to enjoy it -.-

Anyway, on the topic of the MAP. I typically don't like the sport of FOOTBALL, but I like GAMES. So this puts me in a tight spot.

Loljks, I haven't played it yet, but I've seen the screenshots, and I have to say this actually looks really fun to play, especially for a 'football' map ;)

Makes me think of games like Fifa, only you have better control over your players :p

I must play this =D
GW

No, i can't see the triggers inside = HOW CAN I REVIEW IT?

Level 35
As I said before, you don't need to be able to open the map to review it. If you think that you actually need to see the triggers of a map to review its gameplay, creativity and everything else that can be seen from playing the map, then you are, to put it simply, a moron.

If this was in the spell section, then yes, protection would be bad as you want to see those triggers (otherwise, what's the purpose of it?). Other than that, maps should be protected if the user is concerned of people taking credit for it on other sites or stealing resources from within it (e.g. TRIGGERS).

Level 20

Yeah you are right you don't need to open it in World Editor to enjoy it BUT..
There are some people that protect their map in a way that you can't even open it in the game -.-
Well im glad fang__00 is not one of those!!;D
Anyway im going to test the map now...it looks interesting from the description!! ;D

EDIT:
omg i tested the map and it's so cool!! but playing alone makes it boring =/
at which server on bnet do you guys play? maybe we can play together some time ;D
also this map is so cool i think you should make a clan about it :D
FTF Forest Troll Football ftw!! :thumbs_up:

EDIT 2:
hey dude, i was just wondering...
are you going to make a site banner for your map? :D
btw can i suggest your map to this site? http://www.makemehost.com/
that site helps people host games on Wacraft III tft!!
and they have a list with games you can choose to host...
so suggesting your map to be added is not a bad idea...
as i could play it online since i can't host on tft (on roc i can :p)
so think about my idea and please let me know ;D

Last edited:
Level 12
As I said before, you don't need to be able to open the map to review it. If you think that you actually need to see the triggers of a map to review its gameplay, creativity and everything else that can be seen from playing the map, then you are, to put it simply, a moron.

If this was in the spell section, then yes, protection would be bad as you want to see those triggers (otherwise, what's the purpose of it?). Other than that, maps should be protected if the user is concerned of people taking credit for it on other sites or stealing resources from within it (e.g. TRIGGERS).

Checking for leaks and some lag parts?

Level 8
Yeah you are right you don't need to open it in
EDIT:
omg i tested the map and it's so cool!! but playing alone makes it boring =/
at which server on bnet do you guys play? maybe we can play together some time ;D
also this map is so cool i think you should make a clan about it :D
FTF Forest Troll Football ftw!! :thumbs_up:

lol, thank you
and me too, i'd like to play with people who really like to play or know (lil) strategy, would be so much fun

Level 20
Why don't you check for leaks INGAME? -.-
Checking the triggers isn't the only part of testing a map, you know.

lol dude
to check for leaks the only way to clean them is to view the triggers...
also if the map has leaks that will be noticed after a long time of playing...
because memory leaks are the main sorce of lag problems...
and yes i agree with you "Checking the triggers isn't the only part of testing a map, you know"

lol, thank you
and me too, i'd like to play with people who really like to play or know (lil) strategy, would be so much fun

so when you have time whisper me from hive and we can play a match or two :thumbs_up:

Level 22
Review by Ironside
----------------------

Positive features:

- Has a multiboard
- Has a quest menu, could contain more information though
- Balanced gameplay

Negative features:

- Can become quite boring since no special events happen
- The field could have been a little smaller, takes a long time to reach the other side
- Could use some sort of beginner guide

Additional Information / Conclusion:

It isn't the first map of this type so you could make it better. Good Luck.

Rating: 3/5
Vote for:
Approved

Level 5
Nice Map, but this is really hard to play it cause of lag !
And this needs a bit improvements, for example names of Positions (QB, RB, TE, WR, CE) on the head on each player !

And remove laaaaaaaaaaaaaags !!! There are always leavers cause of it !

Congrats for your map :)

Last edited:
Level 8
Nice Map, but this is really hard to play it cause of lag !
And this needs a bit improvements, for example names of Positions (QB, RB, TE, WR, CE) on the head on each player !

And remove laaaaaaaaaaaaaags !!! There are always leavers cause of it !

Congrats for your map :)

Hey after a year that i abandoned, i finally get a hold of worldeditor, i have removed (almost all of) the lag, now it shouldnt be leavers cause of it

im open for bugs and improvement reports

enjoy!

This looks interesting, and I am offering to help to improve the scenery of the game.

What I'm offering:

Terrain. I know that football fields are pretty plain, but I promise you that I can make the terrain look great, while still looking like a football field as it should.

A proper ball model. I'm offering to make you a football attachment and projectile to enhance the football feeling of the map.

Equipment. I'm offering to make teamcolored football clothing, such as helmets, shoulder pads, armor, and such. I could even make numbers that are attachable to their jerseys for making every player identifiable.

If you want my help, just say so. In the future I may think of more ways to help you.

Edit: Alright, I saw your message this morning. I made you a new terrain, and also significantly reduced the file size of your map. Sent it to you in PM, don't forget to update your map.

Edit 2: Well, for whatever reason you don't want to use the terrain, or the significantly reduced file size, so I guess I'll step away from this project, good luck to you.

Last edited:
Level 8
Level 5
Well, when I'm starting a game, I'm on a loading map. Then the scroll-load suddenly stop, I waited 3 - 5 minutes, the scroll-load is still not moving. I was stuck, so I had to Alt + F4... Same thing for WorkingClass Mafia (I wanted to test it so far) !