• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footmen Custom v0.94b

Footmen Custom Version .89

Originally Created by: Grade-Zero
with help from: Clan N0F0

This map was created from scratch but based loosely on Footmen Frenzy. The style of Frenzy just got old. So with the limitless knowledge (and free time) that Grade-Zero has, he created Footmen Custom.

The overall layout of the map from Frenzy was very efficient but the gameplay had just gotten old. So Grade-Zero designed a completly new way to tech and created all new hero's and skill sets for the custom heros. There are also all new units within the Tiers and Special Skills for every unit.

So, with a completely redesigned way to Tech and a whole new set of items and Custom Heros this map is quickly becoming the future of Footies.

Highlights of the map:
- Innovative Upgrade Orb System
- Level 22 Maximum Hero Level
- Heroes Start at Level 2
- 7 Maximum Hero Ability Levels
- Many New Custom Heroes
- An aura in the middle which attracts players to battle in the middle.
- A random troop change system, to match the random hero part of the game.

Visit www.n0f0.com for an alternate download link, or for information on this project.

Keywords:
footman, frenzy, custom, ability, abilities
Contents

Footmen Custom v0.94b (Map)

Reviews
02:56, 22nd Jun 2008 Ash: For the first time, in quite a while, I can actually say I enjoyed a Footman Frenzy styled map. The whole art of 'MASS DIS AND ATTAK DERE' never really tickled my fancy, although this map came quite close to doing so. It...

M

02:56, 22nd Jun 2008
Ash: For the first time, in quite a while, I can actually say I enjoyed a Footman Frenzy styled map. The whole art of 'MASS DIS AND ATTAK DERE' never really tickled my fancy, although this map came quite close to doing so.

It plays pretty much bog-standardly like any other FFrenzy, you push button, receive units. You tech them up and change 'tiers' to suit your playstyle, this is where one of the maps changes come into play. You're not 'static', you can change your units to counter your foes, but it comes at a price.

Another interesting change is that you get to pick abilities for your units. This is, I guess, why the map is called 'footman custom. Although, it is somewhat lacking in abilities, and the ones you do have are pretty boring. They could do with tidying up.

All in all, if you like FFrenzys, you'll like this. If not, then you'll still find it entertaining. To improve, add a few more tier variations and increase the amount of custom abilities that you can buy.

3/5 - Approved.

Septimus : Are you trying to violate the rules by upload the same map with newer version ? You obviously know how to update a map. I would let this off, but if you are caught doing it again. A action would be taken.