• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Flood Part 4 1.2

Reactions: deepstrasz
The Flood Part 4

Part 4 Info

Illidan remembers little of how he escaped the prison of maiev, but now he seeks to end this crisis once and for all. The Orb of power, located not far from The Castle of the King, is what he seeks next...

It is recommended that you watch the other parts first, else it's not worth it:

Part 1/2/3

-Keldaria: The most powerful race in a forgotten world, which has never been discovered before.

-Goldrien: The keldarien goddess of peace and the guardian of the chantry.

-Renaris Altunor Seknarin Illidanias: Illidan's real name.

-Lania: The Nage enchantress.

-If you have further questions, then send me a pm!

Map Specifications:

Units used: 83

Cameras used: 45

File size: 9.513KB

Protection: None

Credits:

-Darkholme

-General Frank

-Daelin

-EdwardSwolenToe

-armel

Recommended Settings:

Because of version 1.1, the cinematic will adjust the sound volume automatically
BUT, it is still obligatory to set the sound volume under 50%
:)

Changelog:

Version 1.0: First official release.
Version 1.1:
-Environment changes
-Music changes
-Text changes

Version 1.2:
-New preview image

Upload Date/Update Date:

Uploaded: 6/12/09

Updated: 11/12/09

Music used:

-E.S. Posthumus - Unstoppable

-Requiem for a Dream

Contact me via:

Visitor Message

Private Message

Email

Other:

Do not worry, the file size is not a matter, because it's a cinematic and it is watched in single player mode!
Keywords:
The, Flood, part, 4, enjoy, :, )
Contents

The Flood Part 4 1.2 (Map)

Reviews
17:45, 11th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Is this by any chance the last part?
no there will be a sequel^^
Good, Really short, and kinda cant understand it.. Lich king dies?, and then in the end he talks again. :s confusing story u got here man..but it was good :)
Hes an "immortal", everytime he dies, he get's recreated by his "master", but there will be a sequel so don't worry, you'll see what will happen.

Last edited:
Level 13
It's good to see that there are still some enthusiastic people trying to make cinematics, so I'd like to credit you about that before my review.

Your part4 is definitely allot better than your previous parts, you see a growing process in your cinematic parts, so good job.
Overalll I am giving you a 3/5, it would have gotten my 4/5 if some parts (which are described below) were better.
All of this is just feedback on your cinematic, so pointers on things in your cinematic that can be thought about when your making another cinematic.

Terrain and Atmosphere:
Your terrain can use allot more tunning, it has improved since you first started your series, but try using the deformation tool a bit more, in non walkable area's like forests. try building some mountains here and there.
Try to avoid using deformations that critically heighten up your terrain tho, specially on paths, cause where people walk, terrain is mostly gradually heightened or lowered.

Additionally, there is room for more detailing, don't forget your can throw in allot more detailed terrain cause this is a cinematic and terrain creates a potion of the viewers pleasure.
Also see where you can toy around with fogs etc.

Be careful with fade filters, don't use 2 fade in filters over one another like you did, always make sure you fade out of your first fade filter before fading into another fade filter.

Story and Dialog:
Your story over all 4 chapters is to marked decently, there is still room for more specific character based scenarios, be carefully with releasing too much parts and suddenly stopping a cinematic, like you did in previous parts, it can cause quite the confusion with people.

Your dialog is ok, nothing too fancy, try to play around with words, and don't nessarilly create cliche sentences.

Camera motion and Control:
There was nothing really in this part that disturbed me in particular, be careful tho with hard switching from one to another camera, that have different angles etc, then your motion can become quite blocky, so to speak.
Your camera placements were decent, even tho you allot of the same AoA, angles of attack, try toying around a bit with that, the AoA not only defines how the viewer is looking at the event or unit, but also the terrain at the background.

Animations and Interaction:
I specifically like the starting slow animations where illidan blew things up, well executed.
Other than that, there were no real issues regarding animations as far as I could see, try using those tho, when units are interacting with another, it gives another dimension of reality to your cinematic, that units perform certain motions when they talk.

The interactions with units among each other was sometimes rather basic, "I want this, you don't get it, I kill you, etc"
Try upping the interaction moments units have with one another when they do.

Music and Sound:
Use the music you imported as sounds and not as music, this way they can be played louder in the game, additionally, sounds can be edited when you double click them, that way you can decide on what level you'd want to play them in the game,
Additionally, when you switch from one music track to another, use sounds and let one track fade into the next one, this gives the viewer the notion that something else is about to happen, but it's less obvious.

The sound when Arthas died, was compared to the music on the background way to loud, keep in mind you make sure that the sounds for animations or effects are not either to loud or soft, but they contribute to your music.

Level 4
Nice

Nice cinematic,short,good use of cameras.
And you need to think about war3 a bit to know what is in the story!
After me the story is really good:grin:

Edit:I give you a 5 because the story is about Ilidan

Tip:You should make all of those cinematic in a pack(campaign) and upload them it would be really nice.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
What's all that blabla about Maiev? Things have to be clearly explained. Last I remember she was left more or less dead on Draenor.
The turn of events is just nonsense especially when the World Tree is still alive/in function after its powers were drained.
The Lich King has a master? Since when?

Not a cinematic sequel but a playable one? I think there's actually a cinematic sequel.