• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Fall of Lordaeron

Someone pointed out to me that I should upload the map "The Fall of Lordaeron", which I made a few years ago, on Hive Workshop, so here it is. It is an approximately 90 minute movie that can be watched on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DiQH8pX7Fo&lcor=1&feature=em-comment_received&lch=email&lc=VoX0VoA12TV4d5oRrya2vkHgNOYA79f24xJIPutWKtY

The map here corresponds to only one scene of the movie, but the terrain and doodads are the same in the whole movie. The custom models used are all from Hive Workshop, so my thanks goes to the people who made them.

Custom model credits:
Archmage on foot – Dan van Ohllus
Blood elven arch cleric - Elenai
King – Tranquil
Imperial Captain – Dionesiist
Thief – Ket
Noble villager - Tenebrae
Crossbowman – Kitabatake
Trebuchet – olofmoleman
Dwarf Warrior – Urkdrengi
Rend Blackhand – Amaruak
Orc Warlord – Max666
Kilrogg Deadeye – Hellscream
Orc Warlock – frostwolf
Siege Tower – Tranquil
Battering ram – Mechanical Man
Gul'dan – Tauer
Troll destroyer – takakenji
Orgrim Doomhammer – Tauer
Christmas tree – Pyramidhe@d
Bag – !!GORO!!
Crate – robot-dude
Bed – Pyramidhe@d
Dresser – NKnight001

Keywords:
Lordaeron, cinematic, movie, Warcraft II
Contents

The Fall of Lordaeron (Map)

Reviews
19:31, 13th Sep 2014 Orcnet: The Cinematic is quite too long but well made, the idea of uploading the cinematic into a video like scope into Youtube is a total win for those who want to watch the story in a more faster way, anyhow can be approved.

M

19:31, 13th Sep 2014
Orcnet:

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

The Cinematic is quite too long but well made, the idea of uploading the cinematic into a video like scope into Youtube is a total win for those who want to watch the story in a more faster way, anyhow can be approved.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

I saw that on youtube.Best cinematic ever.I only wish that there would be a one where Alliance crush the horde.

Level 3
Thank you people!

By the way, the description is lack. It's a good thing you didn't forgot to add the Credits. Please change the description =).

Sorry, how do you mean?

Oh, and, add the "youtube" tags on the link to make it an actual video.

Hmm, for some reason it didn't seem to give me an option to add the tags.

I assume that Hetheru was your old name, right?

Yes, it was my WoW name.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Every Warcraft fan would like to see this, more than that every LotR fan should too as this cinematic scene series is so similar to the Two Towers (Helm's Deep from the movie, a darker version though).

-there's a nelven statue in Lordaeron (huntress)!? I didn't want to comment about Spell Breakers because I assumed they were not belves but helves; but the statue... it's not like you haven't imported any custom models
-the music doesn't always catch the vibe of the scenes but I get that it's all supposed to be Warcraft
-the humans are polytheists; that was not specifically mentioned in any game/manual (Wc 1-3) but the church, cleric and paladin aspect in all three games leads to the comparison to monotheism
-I do not understand how they moved all their ships in Lordamere Lake, these orcs; OK, the WcII manual's map has a river north of that lake but even so, they would've been caught narrowed or at least seen when they would have had to position their ships to face the city walls. If the orcs are actually attacking from the north, then the capital city is not even near that sea's shore
-there's also a fascist Keeper of the Grove statue in the city, seen when the knights are marching
-the humans were well informed on all of the orc clans' names and such
-honestly the ship hit and run strategy is far fetched since so many orc freighters were near the Juggernauts and no orc ships pursued the human ones; they could've kamikaze instead but they would have still had the need for more ships as there wasn't just one Juggernaut in the whole orc armada
-funny, they could destroy gates with catapults and they still used a battling ram too
-Death Knights may have been made using Necrolyte hearts (talk about Arthas' different transformation) but their bodies were still human, not orc like in this movie
-not only the orcs can transport their ships from the sea to the lake, even the helves and the human can
-Aegwyn was in Lordaeron all this time!?
-the Gul'dan-Sargeras plot makes it sound too important over the actual worry, the orc invasion
-how the heck can they see that it's Doomhammer form that distance? Are they using advanced scopes?
-Chaos/Fel Orcs in their ranks!?
-by the way, what happened to the Death Knight(s)? Did they run to Gul'dan?
-I'm surprised for the lack of magic this movie had and aerial battles were almost avoided
-the ending was ruined with Doomhammer's assassination; the orcs didn't even care who from their ranks died...

4/5. I thought it would be less fan fiction.

Level 3
Every Warcraft fan would like to see this, more than that every LotR fan should too as this cinematic scene series is so similar to the Two Towers (Helm's Deep from the movie, a darker version though).

-there's a nelven statue in Lordaeron (huntress)!? I didn't want to comment about Spell Breakers because I assumed they were not belves but helves; but the statue... it's not like you haven't imported any custom models
-the music doesn't always catch the vibe of the scenes but I get that it's all supposed to be Warcraft
-the humans are polytheists; that was not specifically mentioned in any game/manual (Wc 1-3) but the church, cleric and paladin aspect in all three games leads to the comparison to monotheism
-I do not understand how they moved all their ships in Lordamere Lake, these orcs; OK, the WcII manual's map has a river north of that lake but even so, they would've been caught narrowed or at least seen when they would have had to position their ships to face the city walls. If the orcs are actually attacking from the north, then the capital city is not even near that sea's shore
-there's also a fascist Keeper of the Grove statue in the city, seen when the knights are marching
-the humans were well informed on all of the orc clans' names and such
-honestly the ship hit and run strategy is far fetched since so many orc freighters were near the Juggernauts and no orc ships pursued the human ones; they could've kamikaze instead but they would have still had the need for more ships as there wasn't just one Juggernaut in the whole orc armada
-funny, they could destroy gates with catapults and they still used a battling ram too
-Death Knights may have been made using Necrolyte hearts (talk about Arthas' different transformation) but their bodies were still human, not orc like in this movie
-not only the orcs can transport their ships from the sea to the lake, even the helves and the human can
-Aegwyn was in Lordaeron all this time!?
-the Gul'dan-Sargeras plot makes it sound too important over the actual worry, the orc invasion
-how the heck can they see that it's Doomhammer form that distance? Are they using advanced scopes?
-Chaos/Fel Orcs in their ranks!?
-by the way, what happened to the Death Knight(s)? Did they run to Gul'dan?
-I'm surprised for the lack of magic this movie had and aerial battles were almost avoided
-the ending was ruined with Doomhammer's assassination; the orcs didn't even care who from their ranks died...

4/5. I thought it would be less fan fiction.

Thank you for your comments! I'll try to give replies to at least most of your points :)
- Yes, I intended that the Spell Breakers should be interpreted as high elves, and likewise all other elf models, though admittedly that's more difficult for example with the statue.
- So wait, do you mean that the humans seemed too monotheistic in this movie?
- I have had the impression that close to Dalaran there might be a strait through which ships could be moved from the sea to the lake. But in any case, my inspiration was the last mission of the Warcraft 2 orc campaign, where both sides had (or could build) plenty of ships.
- Yes the Keeper is fascist but I didn't realize that when making the movie :D
- I think the orcs only destroy some of those barricades and obstacles with catapults, not an actual gate?
- You're right, the Death Knight model is not quite correct
- Yes perhaps it seems strange that Aegwyn is in Lordaeron, but on the other hand I don't think it's quite clear where she really should have been?
- I imagine Doomhammer was such an imposing figure that you could recognize him from quite far away, also based on how his guards and everybody else acted around him.
- It's true that Chaos Orcs don't really belong here, but on the other hand they somehow correspond to the idea I always had of orcs in Warcraft 2.
- The death knight was probably slain by the Alliance forces led by Khadgar and Turalyon
- I felt that this should be mostly a medieval style battle - dragons and spellcasters would also play a role but they would be very few in number

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
- So wait, do you mean that the humans seemed too monotheistic in this movie?
On the contrary: "by the gods" doesn't sound monotheistic as they seemed in the games.
- I think the orcs only destroy some of those barricades and obstacles with catapults, not an actual gate?
The model looks like the City Gate (the one that lowers when opening) and it was some distance behind the main gate they were ramming. But, if you say it wasn't intended to be an actual gate, OK.
- Yes perhaps it seems strange that Aegwyn is in Lordaeron, but on the other hand I don't think it's quite clear where she really should have been?
Yes. They didn't say where she was. What I was implying was, that she might have lead a hermit's life since you know, she being who she was. Keep out of people's eyes. Let's just think about her trying to hide as a citizen instead. We don't even know for sure if she still lived either from the games.