• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarf Campaign (Voice Acted)

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
About Dwarf Campaign
GG&K's Dwarf Campaign is a story-driven fully voice acted single player campaign for WarCraft III The Frozen Throne that sends the dwarves of Khaz Modan on a quest to explore the unknown, in hopes of saving their ancestral homeland. The campaign has three missions where you can choose to play from four difficulty settings and also features custom monsters, scripted events, music and spells. As an added bonus, the stand-alone version of Chapter 3 supports a two-player mode.

Features
  • Single player
  • Story driven — Loosely based on Warcraft III lore
  • 3 long chapters — Total of 8 hours of gameplay
  • Fully voice acted
  • Multiple puzzles and quests to solve
  • Four difficulty levels
  • Custom graphics
  • Mechanics similar to standard Warcraft III — Little learning curve
  • Bonus — Chapter 3: Temple of the Old Gods supports also 2-player mode
Sequel – Gnoll Campaign: Return to Yeenador
Sound Mind Games has released a sequel to the Dwarf Campaign called Gnoll Campaign: Return to Yeenador. You can download it using the following link:
Gnoll Campaign (Voice Acted)

Required Warcraft III Version
Warcraft III: Reforged, Patch 1.35.0 or later (SD graphics)

Installation Instructions

As of Warcraft III: Reforged, patch 1.35.0, you can install the campaign as follows:

Windows
  1. Download DwarfCampaign-v7.w3n from the Hive Workshop (using the big download button)
  2. Copy DwarfCampaign-v7.w3n to Documents\Warcraft III\Campaigns. If the Campaigns folder does not exist, you must create it.
macOS
  1. Download DwarfCampaign-v7.w3n from the Hive Workshop (using the big download button)
  2. Open Finder.
  3. Press and hold the OPTION/ALT key down, then go to the Finder menu in the top menu bar and open the "Go" menu. When you are holding the OPTION/ALT key down, the Library option will appear in the dropdown menu. Click "Library". Now you are in the Library folder.
  4. Open Application Support → Blizzard → Warcraft III.
  5. Create a "Campaigns" folder, if it does not exist.
  6. Copy DwarfCampaign-v7.w3n to the Campaigns folder.
Playing the Dwarf Campaign
  1. Start Warcraft III: Reforged.
  2. Select Single Player → Custom Campaign.
  3. Select Dwarf Campaign in the file menu.
  4. Click Play Campaign.
Selecting the Right Difficulty
Easy:
If you have been long time away from Warcraft III and you have not honed your skills to play the game lately, please choose the Easy difficulty.

Normal: If you know how the game functions, you are able to use hero abilities effectively, train a good mix of units, and create a good army, but you do not consider yourself as a super-good player, we recommend playing on the Normal difficulty.

Hard: If you are actually pretty good at the game, you can use hero and unit abilities to the maximum effect, you are able to micro units well, you know how to build an extremely effective army, and you know well what different abilities, items, and upgrades do, we recommend that you play on the Hard difficulty.

Very Hard: This difficulty is probably best used when two professional players are playing Chapter 3: Temple of the Old Gods together. It can also be chosen when single players want ultimate challenge.

SPECIAL! Playable as separate map files
You can download the Dwarf Campaign chapters as separate maps from dwarfcampaign.com:
- Chapter 1: Defenders of Dwarvenkind
- Chapter 2: City of the Seven Mithril Golems
- Chapter 3: Temple of the Old Gods (this chapter is also playable by two co-operative players online)

Credits
Tommi Gustafsson: AI Programming, Minor Cinematic Sequences, Dialogue Scripting, Game Programming, Gameplay Balancing, Level Design, Monster Design and Balancing, Playtesting, Quality Assurance, Skill Design, Skill Balancing, Sound Editing, Story Writing, Terraining, and Web Pages.
Janne Gustafsson: Major Cinematic Sequences, Dialogue Scripting, Game Programming, Icon Design, Level Design, Modeling, Music Environment Design, Playtesting, Quality Assurance, Skinning, Story Writing, and Terraining.
Mikko Kangas: Dialogue Scripting, Grammar and Spelling Check, Level Design, Quality Assurance, and Story Writing
Blizzard Entertainment: WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos, WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne, Potion icons, Crossbow icons, Helmet icons, Meteor Swarm icon, and Brain icon.
GreyArchon: Thorp Blackpaw model, Dwarf Paladin model, Dwarf Statue models, Khaz Modan Banner skin, Malbodion model (partly), Bark Sharpnose model, Mithril Golem skin, and Modi Stonerunner model.
Panu Uomala: Artwork for the Map in City of the Seven Mithril Golems.
Benjamin Berts: Dwarven Worker icon
Diegoit: Lost Kobold model
Donut3.5: Faceless Mage model
Purplepoot: Faceless Mage model
Cookie: Force Gem model
Skizot: Potion models
IamMclovin: Dwarven Worker model
General Frank: Dwarven Warrior model and icon
Aaron Norell and Jaysin (www.dpistudios.net): Artwork for the dwarf picture in the loading screen
Carl Orff, MIT Concert Choir: Carmina Burana, O Fortuna (From the Free Music Archive, License: CC BY NC 3.0 US)
Kurt Rickerd and Matt Marcy: Dwarven Defenders
Pauli Kanervisto and Kei Uchida: Playtesting
DKSlayer: Chat message parsing algorithm

French Localization Team
Executive producer: Mister X
Chapter 1 translator: Gamers.jeux
Chapter 2 translator: Trollxul
Chapter 3 translator: Armelior
Anime expert: Aka Guymelef

Voice Actors
Chapter 1: Defenders of Dwarvenkind
Dylan: Andun Silverbeard, Buri Frostbeard, Yip-Horf, Lead Acolyte, Necromancers, Other acolytes, Dwarven Ancestral Spirits, and Goblin Armsdealer
Magic: Malbodion and Modi Stonerunner
SamuraiPanda: Ner'zhul (Lich King) and Golems
Jesse Cox: Jinto Reedwine
Writer: Dwarven Miner, Dwarven Mechanic, Dwarven Guard, Dwarven Smith, and Mortar Team
Lavarinth: Dwarven Captain and Gnoll Overseer
Shaggy Shanahan: Ogre Mauler (in prison), Gnolls (in prison), Gnoll Brute, and Ogre Lord (in encampment)
Tag Daze: Drunken Dwarves
Ed Khoo: Narrator
Timothy Banfield (FunnyGuyTimmy): Dwarf interface sounds

Chapter 2: City of the Seven Mithril Golems
JDJones: Theodin Rockheart
nevernotninja: Erogdin Earthstorm
Ben Balmaceda: Buri Frostbeard, Modi Stonerunner, Spectral Guard, Rifleman
Tom Resnick (tresnick): Tyrin Thunderbeard
NovusCrimson/R3: Gnoll Overseer
Jeremy Frutkin: Brother of Gnoll Overseer
Alucolor: Gnoll Warden
CrisKingVO: Gnoll and Gnoll Brute
LeLovelySuccubus: Cornulagon the Devourer
Elise Bellamy (SovereignEliseVA): Gna'ruul
dndan: Guardian Entity
Timothy Banfield (FunnyGuyTimmy): Aggronor the Mighty, Dwarf interface sounds

Chapter 3: Temple of the Old Gods
Jacob Eccles: Tollusek the Black
Jake Parr: Bark Sharpnose
Tom Schalk: Thorp Blackpaw
Bonnie Bogovich: Philiastrasza
C. J. Oliver (Nulldrive): Baraddin
Elise Bellamy (SovereignEliseVA): Queen of Suffering
Abigail Turner: Gnoll Warden and Rhagnol
Shaun: Thordur
Ralph Pangallo: Gnoll, Gnoll Brute, and Gnoll Assassin
Meadows1073: Primordial Mutant
Timothy Banfield (FunnyGuyTimmy): Dwarf Rifleman, Dwarf interface sounds
nevernotninja: Erogdin Earthstorm
Ed Khoo: Narrator

Change Log
V7 – June 22, 2019

General
- Added -voices chat command to open the voice control menu
- Faceless One dialogue sounds work in 1.31.1
- Changed game message colors to be consistent with Blizzard usage

Chapter 2
- Added a hint about how to make Gna'ruul join the party when she is in the Gnoll encampment
- Added some new dialogue lines for Gna'ruul
- Some minor bug fixes

Chapter 3
- Chaos Tentacles are now easier
- The All-Seeing Eye of the Inqusition's Anti-Magic Ray now does only 500 damage to mechanical units (down from 2000)
- Bark Sharpnose picks up the Howling Flail trigger works after saving and loading in 1.31.1 (bug workaround)
- Philiastrasza speaks a correct line when entering the Well of Corruption
- Added correct caster upgrade art for Gnoll Assassin

V6 – April 15, 2019

• Fully voice acted
  • Tested to work with Patch 1.30.4
  • Several minor improvements and bug fixes
Contents

Dwarf Campaign (Campaign)

Reviews
Bob27: An excellent campaign, with a great story, gameplay and terrain. This would have to still be one of my favorite Warcraft III Campaigns. Approved.
Level 1
Nice campaign... but how to release the that princess in chapter 3 and I can't find where is the spider cave!!! it's gnoll quest
:b

Level 1
So i have tryed to say names of old gods to open the emerald gate. They dont work. Even translation of old god in faceless one langue dont work. So what should i say?

edit:problem solved.

Last edited:
Level 4
Cant get it to work, I'm probably doing something wrong because this is my first custom campaign I've tried to do. Ok so I made a new folder and put it in there and I can open the folder while I'm in the Custom Games section but the map isn't there. HELP?

Level 3
Effing epic campaign. I haven't even gotten to the second level yet and I like it! Has anybody done a walkthrough for it?

Level 3
Some of the random items we're abit confusing and the spells useless (when you have so many to choose from), I played on hard btw so I dont know how different it is on other challenge settings. Even though there are some things I would change and I really wish the final battle against the undead was included this campaign still gets 5 for 5!

Level 1
Great campaign story.

But some part are not balanced - too much easy. Main 3rd chapter when u have lots of gold and buy tetranocomicons from Baradin. Better would be if u could buy only one book from each and one scroll. At final I have army (limit cca 140-170/100 :D) from Elder Voidwalkers - 1500 HP, 80 chaos dmg, powers brain dmg and lighting. Lighting power can target unit with resistant skin.
True is I killed Baradin and were taken by surprise if got nothing - no EXP no item and than he came from my gate and kill 3 gatekeppers and overtake 4th :D
Bug is you can magic power from tetranocomicon (icon with burning hand) to own units. Than you can hire basic workers for 75 gold kill them by this curse and u get rly hard monster. And because u have 4 heroes u get 4 big sludge from 4 workers only for 300 gold. At 2nd part u could have 1 heroes with this power, mby less or more but it depend on luck coz u have only one tetranocomicon.
Too much potions at 3rd part and resistant skin does not help against magic from potions.
You have to do some optional quest to finish main thats strange.

2nd part is quite balanced and optional quest are good. True is at final I did not need 7 mithril golems - 4 heroes at 10 are siply great. And void hero were rly great >D

Bad if it is not a bit more difficult but still it is nice story and some quest are rly good.

I did not find way how use portal obelisks but mby there it is not possible :D

Level 1
i might sound a bit stupid,but i cant figure out the answer to open the emerald gates.i have cleared the whole map,bought the book,read the rune translations,tried about 500 different answers,but i cant rly get through ... otherwise,a great campaign! and some1 pls helpppp!

Level 3
How to open the gate

The first time I was successful I merely typed in all of the "words" in the translation book into the chat window and hit enter. But you only need 4, which 4 I don't remember I think it was ra was one of them, good luck!

Level 1
The first time I was successful I merely typed in all of the "words" in the translation book into the chat window and hit enter. But you only need 4, which 4 I don't remember I think it was ra was one of them, good luck!

hah i dont give up that easily :),im going to find the combination at some point!!!

Level 5
This is by far one of the best campaigns for WC3 ever... There are no bugs, it runs smoothly and the storyline is great! There's even muliti-choice pathways during the story! What more could you want!
6/5

Level 2
This campaign was not better than Exodous of Horde. But it was awsome. no. It was super awsome.

I wished that the characters realy talk not just with subtitles. but there was not a record studio on the creators hand maybe.

The most good thing on it was that you can learn to play with panda. In exodous of horde panda was'nt use enough I guess.

thank you.

Tis map was awsome. Told ya!

Level 2
My favorite campaign so far definitely. The scale of the conflict seemed to even dwarf (ba dum tss) the actual WC campaigns themselves.

I did run out of money trying to take the second gold mine on the second level, so I had to cheat for a few seconds to get rid of the hydra; I spent all of my money on like 3 platoons of troops and it ripped through all of them.

The skins did get really repetitive too, the bosses just kept being bigger versions of the faceless one. I started losing track of which faceless ones were supposed to be bosses and which were troops.

The best Compaign!!!!!!!!! but some one help! im stuck in the faceless one speech some one tell me it :((((.

All you have to do it buy the translation book from the mad dwarf in the south, then in the room east of that there will be old god statues with name plates in front of them. Just translate any of their names in front of the gate and type it phonetically (the way it's spoken in their tongue, not the English translation).

Level 1
i play just first mission and cannot force myself to play second. first one boring as hell, "build one type of units to win". i set last difficulty lvl and... undead still cannot not just attack, they can't even hold! i killed them 20 minuts before reinforcements arrive...

and all those useless little items piss me off.

Last edited:
Level 1
What do I do with the mountain king on level two??

I figure Im supposed to convert him to my side but I'm not sure how, none of my items seem to do anything (and I don't know how to use / try them on him)

Level 2
One of the best campaigns I've player in my entire life. Terrific campaign in every aspect. The only bad thing I could say about it is that it's too short, needed more of this great campaign ;P.

Raitings: 5/5 stars. SUPERB campaign.

Level 1
Positive
- I really loved the story of the Dwarven Campaign.
-Terraining and Doodads are not so quite bad.
-I loved how you change the background for the screen campaign. :)
Negative
-The First Mission took too long to finish. The first Twenty Minutes of the " waiting " really got me bored.
-If I arrested the Pandaren Brewmaster and recovered the Golems, I could see his dialog even though he's in Jail. ( Chapter 1 )
Suggestions
- Maybe you could make the Terrain better?
-I suggest you lock teams for the Ogres ( Chapter 1 )

= Score 4/5

Last edited:
Level 1
Awesome campaign, I really have no objections ==> 5/5 from me... Funny thing about the second chapter (The City of the Seven Mithril Golems): With 3rd level Divine Shield, 3 Health Stones, 15 sec Invulnerability potion, Boots of Speed and Rod of Cancellation you can just walk all the way to the Golems, release them with the Rod and win the mission... :D How? Well, you're fast (you have Boots of Speed), then you turn on Divine Shield (45 seconds invulnerability), then, as soon as the Divine Shield wears off, you turn on 15 sec invulnerability from a potion, then, when that wears off, you survive a few seconds (you have 3 Health Stones that heals for 500 hit points and gives a decent regeneration :D ) and then, you turn on Divine Shield again, and by time Divine Shield wears off for the second time, you should be able to release all 7 Golems. Then you go somewhere in corner and watch the show, like a boss... :D

Last edited:
Level 2
Strange Stalagmite

Who remember the words to open the Strange Stalagmite? I forget it. Like this Delahona blah blah... :)

Level 1
This campaign is good, but JUST 3 LEVELS ONLY ??
I give U 8/10 (rare bugs, great games, but i got difficult quest at chapter three, etc.)
Why Barradin considered as our ally ? The creeps from twisting nether(come from Teracominicon) attacking Tolusek and Bark, and Barradin just doing nothing??

Level 1
I got back to wc3 after a while and although i couldn't finish this campaign because i was too stupid (and i still am) to figure out the emerald gates answer it really seems amazing and really interesting! Great job.

Level 1
I just ended it. It's dead i suppose? No internet page, authors not logging in... damn. i feel empty inside, it was awesome campaign to play but i want more :(