• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Duel of Gods v2.00

Darkfang Presents!:

DogFeatures.jpg

EntireMap.jpg

Dueling%21.jpg

WarPointsShop.jpg

Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg

Screenshot3.jpg

Screenshot4.jpg

Screenshot5.jpg

Screenshot6.jpg

Screenshot7.jpg

Screenshot8.jpg
Screenshot9.jpg
Screenshot10.jpg

Screenshot11.jpg
Screenshot12.jpg
Screenshot13.jpg
Screenshot14.jpg
Screenshot15.jpg

AttackStats1.jpg

AttackStats2.jpg

MagicStats1.jpg

MagicStats2.jpg

DefStats1.jpg

DefStats2.jpg

AttackCore1.jpg

AttackCore2.jpg

AttackCore3.jpg

MagicCore1.jpg

MagicCore2.jpg

MagicCore3.jpg

MagicCore4.jpg

DefCore1.jpg

DefCore2.jpg

JunglerItems.jpg
JunglerShop.jpg

ConsumableItems.jpg

ConsumablesShop.jpg

If you get to know about any bug or just want to make a comment just go ahead, write in this thread, PM me or write an email to [email protected]
Also if you want to make a contributtion to the main game thread just go into the map development section, I am currently searching for skilled programmers, 3d modelers and someone who can help me make a decent AI. Also if you have any idea or concept for any hero, item or mode you are welcome too! any help is appreciated!... also I need a team ha ha ha ha :3

Forum: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/multimap-duel-gods-275032/

Darkfang

Keywords:
Duel, of, Gods, Deadly, Hate, Dark, fang, darkfang, AoS, Hero Siege, Hero, Siege, lol, betternerfirelia
Contents

Duel of Gods v2.00 (Map)

Reviews
12:21, 16th Jan 2014 Hell_Master: My old review was this: Review but seeing that there is a new update, the rating still is the same due to that the added updates are quite few and not much can score higher than 4/5 still. But map approved! If you...

M

12:21, 16th Jan 2014
Hell_Master: My old review was this: Review but seeing that there is a new update, the rating still is the same due to that the added updates are quite few and not much can score higher than 4/5 still.

But map approved! If you need a review again, please do PM/VM but preferable is PM.

Level 6
Hello Darkfang,

I playtested the map with a friend and found some errors. I also have some general comments.

Errors:

1) The Spell Power dummy hero was selectable, and had a visible shadow.
2) I picked the Sea Witch hero, and her one dummy unit that spawns periodically (not sure for what purpose) is classified as a Worker, which interferes with the Circle of Power thing you had going.
3) Speaking of which, the Circle of Power had no abilities. Wut?
4) Some tooltips were semi-awkward. Is English your native language? You might want to look over that, and the map description on THW as well.
5) The penguin boss guy who tests your damage output made me go down to 10 Frames per second when I scrolled over him. I'm guessing there's an annoying effect not getting cleaned up, or location leaks perhaps.

Suggestions:

1) Add a Quest (F9) Log. It helps new players to understand the concepts behind the map when they test in single player in particular.
2) Troops spawn way too soon, too often, and too many of them spawn. They clog up the lanes because of the damage - EHP ratio, and were spawning before I had time to even select a tavern. I would make a delay on troop spawns, give them more damage/less HP, and make fewer of them spawn, slightly less frequently.
3) We needed a Teleport option (or a Recall, like League). When the map is as big as your map is, you need some way to get from place to place quickly.
4) In order to actually be able to make progress on building your hero, you need more item diversity, especially in upper tier items. Right now it seems like you have only the really basic components made, which is a good start, but isn't enough for a released version.
5) The towers barely scale at all. The beginning towers are too strong, and the base towers are not much stronger at all. Perhaps reducing the EHP/Damage of the first towers, and increasing the last towers slightly would make this transition from tower to tower better.
6) Give messages to everyone when a Hero is killed. Right now, there is no way to know if an ally kills an enemy, or the other way around.
7) The respawn time was way too low. It seemed to be around 3 seconds, which is ridiculous for a level 11 Hero.

Overall a good start to an AoS map. Keep in mind that to actually get players to play your map, you need to compete with the major 'giants' of the industry, namely DotA, League, HoN, etc. If you want people to play and enjoy your game, you need to give them something that those games do not. Right now your map looks like LoL lite, without most of the features.

Definitely keep working on it. I will review the map again later, upon request.

-Mech

1) Well you are right, English is not my native, I could use the help of a native to correct some of the tooltips.

2) All the dummies are workers, so to avoid the auto-attack thing wich all the units have going, thing wich would proc many more bugs, not an excuse, I didnt notice that. I will correct it.

3) I will add a recall ability to the circle of power, wut? xD

4) My Lovely Ghunter tester is actually kinda complex, it summons a hero illusion each second for the player, adds locust ability, etc, and measures the damage, and it is done one and over and over again during the game, so scrolling over him causes actually a huge lag, by that reason it is not a good idea, also because it tests the AD of all the players.

5) Ill add the quest log.

6) Im working on advanced tier items for heroes, also I was working on a new Hero: Tauren Chieftain Cairne, he uses no mana, but fury, so im making sure of having averything right when I create the higher tier items.

7) The damage of all the towers scales as the game goes on and on, so at the beginning they dont have to be that strong, they are mainly planned to resist, since the damage they show on the tooltip seems low, I can tell you that they deal even more damage, since they deal extra damage from both max life and missing life.

8) Your hero respawns at base after 3 seconds in ALL LEVELS, but, notice this, he spawns as a ghost in the graveyard, and the time the hero remains as a ghost is increased by level, ill add the option to pay for revival later.

9) My map has some stats LOL doesnt, and im a LOL player, yes it needs heavy work and new heroes, overall the map is meant to offer a free-relaxing game to the player and a balanced gameplay.

10) What do u think of the terrain and the mobs?

11) Ill request a review next week upon updapte.

Hello Darkfang,

I playtested the map with a friend and found some errors. I also have some general comments.

Errors:

1) The Spell Power dummy hero was selectable, and had a visible shadow.
2) I picked the Sea Witch hero, and her one dummy unit that spawns periodically (not sure for what purpose) is classified as a Worker, which interferes with the Circle of Power thing you had going.
3) Speaking of which, the Circle of Power had no abilities. Wut?
4) Some tooltips were semi-awkward. Is English your native language? You might want to look over that, and the map description on THW as well.
5) The penguin boss guy who tests your damage output made me go down to 10 Frames per second when I scrolled over him. I'm guessing there's an annoying effect not getting cleaned up, or location leaks perhaps.

Suggestions:

1) Add a Quest (F9) Log. It helps new players to understand the concepts behind the map when they test in single player in particular.
2) Troops spawn way too soon, too often, and too many of them spawn. They clog up the lanes because of the damage - EHP ratio, and were spawning before I had time to even select a tavern. I would make a delay on troop spawns, give them more damage/less HP, and make fewer of them spawn, slightly less frequently.
3) We needed a Teleport option (or a Recall, like League). When the map is as big as your map is, you need some way to get from place to place quickly.
4) In order to actually be able to make progress on building your hero, you need more item diversity, especially in upper tier items. Right now it seems like you have only the really basic components made, which is a good start, but isn't enough for a released version.
5) The towers barely scale at all. The beginning towers are too strong, and the base towers are not much stronger at all. Perhaps reducing the EHP/Damage of the first towers, and increasing the last towers slightly would make this transition from tower to tower better.
6) Give messages to everyone when a Hero is killed. Right now, there is no way to know if an ally kills an enemy, or the other way around.
7) The respawn time was way too low. It seemed to be around 3 seconds, which is ridiculous for a level 11 Hero.

Overall a good start to an AoS map. Keep in mind that to actually get players to play your map, you need to compete with the major 'giants' of the industry, namely DotA, League, HoN, etc. If you want people to play and enjoy your game, you need to give them something that those games do not. Right now your map looks like LoL lite, without most of the features.

Definitely keep working on it. I will review the map again later, upon request.

-Mech

Level 30
The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Hell_Master
Map Name: Duel of Gods
Map Author: Darkfang

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

Pretty much original and quite unique stuffs from this AoS.

Score: 100/100

Presentation

Presentation could use some little work, maybe use some little amount of BB Codes to make the presentation a bit neat and organized. Also, optional but if you want, do add some Game and Terrain Screenshot but dont get me wrong, description looks decent.

Score: 37/100

Design

Map Preview and Loading Screen looks good. Tooltips in-game looks neat, organized and pretty much informative, same goes with the Quest Menu. No broken icons of some sort. Good way of changing tint of units to some colors to show on hat forces they belong or some sort of color code.

Score: 86/100

Terrain

Terrain looks much good even for its blizzard-ish quality and simplicty but it could use some more ground variations by using the Raise/Lower tool. Also, add some more doodads/destructibles at some empty points at maps, would be much better

Score: 58/100

Object Data

Nothing wrong and I understand the part about the unit color tiniting. Though unit for Spell Power can be clicked which should not be and I do think it would be better if Spell Power and Resistance can be seen in just a single Statboard don't you think?

Score: 88/100

Gameplay

Overall, game looks awesome and challenging for an AoS. Heroes are all from the original Warcraft but the way the spells are greatly modified to make them better is great and in next updates, could use some more heroes. Map could also have more items and better also some item recipes which the game lacks. Lastly, coudl use some game commands.

Score: 63/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

Presntation could use some little work. Could be more organized and maybe some little use of BB Codes in it.
Terrain could use some more ground variations and some more decorations at most points.
Fix the issue with the Spellpower being clickable and maybe SpellPower/Magic Resist could be just stored into Statboard.
Game could still use some more items for an AoS and item recipes which it lacks.
Game could also use some game commands as what we can see from some intemediate AOS out there.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 72.000/100
4/5 Vote for Approval

mr_user_Hell_Master.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Level 4
The map is realy well done, but I think we have enough of These maps, why dont you try to make the map atleast more unique. I dont know how but I want something that differenciates this map from other maps and games. I can just give you 3/5 due to the orginality, but Im sure you can add something, something game chaning then I will take a look at it again.

The map is realy well done, but I think we have enough of These maps, why dont you try to make the map atleast more unique. I dont know how but I want something that differenciates this map from other maps and games. I can just give you 3/5 due to the orginality, but Im sure you can add something, something game chaning then I will take a look at it again.

I want to add a duel mode to the game xD, so it will allow players to directly duel an enemy :3

This looks interesting for sure, I will try it out :)

Ty, I appreciate all the feedback I can get, soon ill be uploading the Altered Melee version of the map

BTW the new Item Achilles' Armor can be kinda OP against AD, ill anyways add a counteritem.

Edit: Give me quotes ABOUT MURADIN AND THE OTHER HEROES :3

Last edited:
To ukn0wnD3str0y3r: considering you have the recall option and TP scrolls, it is not that slow xD. Also the max speed is as always of 522. I also nerfed the towers once again, they were too durable, and it made the game too slow.

To Heinvers and CakeMaster: why "game" xD? ty hottie (Heinvers), Ill be uploading the Altered Melee version soon (with AI).

I like this game's terrain and game-playing, but my friend says the hero's speed are too slow o.o

This 'game' is addicting Darkfang. Great job :)

An AoS by DarkFang! Can't wait to play once my PC gets fixed. ♥

Well. no problem. I played this version and I must say that it's a lot of fun and Sylvanas is awesome as you are. The waves are pretty well done, damage is ok. Great job as always :)

Ty, ill keep you updapted, Ill be releasing Balnazzar and other heroes soon, as much as the Altered Melee version of this map.