[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Maps

The Demon Hunt 0.96u
Created by SanKakU ; Uploaded by: SanKakU
Information
Uploaded:01:33, 9th Aug 2008
Last Updated:22:32, 8th Jan 2012
Type:Defense / Survival
Category:None
Map Size:160x160
Playable Map Size:160x160
Suggested Players:12
Tileset:
Rating by users:3.00 (2 votes)
Hits:25434

(Hover and click)
Details
Note: As far as I know, I have fixed the Macintosh Issues with the official version of Demon Hunt 0.96p, as posted on this webpage. Although it's unlikely, contact me if you find additional game crashing errors while playing on your Macintosh Computer.

THE ULTIMATE IN WARCRAFT 3 TAG MAPS IS HERE!

It features many different kinds of Demon Hunters and Demons.
Items for Demon Hunters are featured, and Demons can build outposts.
3 modes, TIME LIMIT 45 MINUTES, TIME LIMIT RANDOM FROM 30-60 MINUTES, AND NO TIME LIMIT MODE.

Now with a great Camera Functionality. Turn the map around according to your desire with chat commands.

CREDITS ARE FOUND IN THE TRIGGER EDITOR.
THIS IS AN OPEN SOURCE MAP. MODIFYING THE MAP IS FORBIDDEN, YET YOU CAN AT EXPORT EVERYTHING WITH NO LIMIT. JUST GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT IS DUE.

Latest Update: Fixed a bug with items disappearing from the game entirely.
Moderator Comments (Useful)
14:16, 23rd Aug 2008
Septimus:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/791379-post5.html

This map is approved and works properly.

Download Demon Hunt_0.96u.w3x
(2.71 MB, 4539 Downloads)

Old 08-09-2008, 01:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User SanKakU
Maker of Demon Hunt

SanKakU is on a distinguished road (87)SanKakU is on a distinguished road (87)
I hope you all enjoy this map a bunch!
SanKakU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User yakonshus
Undead User

yakonshus has little to show at this moment (27)yakonshus has little to show at this moment (27)yakonshus has little to show at this moment (27)
Even though i will play this map 1v1, i think i can win. after all, That is what i always do.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User SanKakU
Maker of Demon Hunt

updated to 0.93

changed colors of doodads and made a few other aesthetic improvements.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User Septimus
Who called in the fleet?

Septimus is a name known to all (743)Septimus is a name known to all (743)Septimus is a name known to all (743)Septimus is a name known to all (743)Septimus is a name known to all (743)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. 
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this Visitor Message.

Map Review
1) Terrain - Bad (2)
2) Trigger - Bad (2)
3) Minor Error - Bad (2)
4) Major Error -
5) Replay Value - Average (3)
6) Fun factor/gameplay - Average (3)
7) Use of imported material - Good (4)
8) Single player -
9) AI support -
10) Camera -
11) Originality - Good (4)
12) File Size - Bad (2)
13) Internet/Lag Friendly -
14) Balancing -
15) Packaging - Average (3)
16) Credits - Excellent (5)
17) Storyline - Bad (2)
18) Theme -
19) Protection - Excellent (5)
20) Quality - Average (3)
21) Description/Information/Detail - Good (4)
22) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Good (4)
23) Game Mode - Average (3)
24) Difficulty -
25) Unit Placement - Bad (2)

Total Accumulation Point : 51/85 * 100 + (-3) (Review) = 57

[+] -
[!] - Use black colour for hotkey is not a good idea.
[-] - Some minor leak found at trigger.
[-] - Some trigger could be much simple.
[-] - Some gold mine are being place too close to ramp.
[-] - Some destructible/doodad should not exist at the environment.

Review : First of all, the terrain isn't that impressive as there is a few destructible/doodad that should have never exist at such a environment.

Second, some trigger have minor leak while some could be develop in much simple way.

Third, it is a bad idea to place something close to the ramp. It make it difficulty for unit to by pass it.

I did not fully test this map, but I think it could be approve.

Another -3 points for this map.

Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 57/100
Rating - 3/5
Condition - Average
Status - Approve
Review - 1

Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this Visitor Message.
Septimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User SanKakU
Maker of Demon Hunt

oh, thankyou for checking out the map.

edit:
you know what? i think i have all the memory leak fixed now.
i'll update with a new version of the map with no leak (hopefully) as soon as it is ready.

edit:
Updated with memory leak fixing and ending cinematics!

edit again: wow i've really learned so much about map making since i started on this map, Alexis will be so proud of me when I release 1.0!

Last edited by SanKakU; 04-06-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User SanKakU
Maker of Demon Hunt

ok the map should be ready for play testing now...
i still need to add a few more runners and make a few other unthought of as of yet improvements and take care of any unforeseen imbalance issues, and after all that we'll finally be at version 1.0 right now this is 0.931

and since my above post mentioned that i fixed the memory leak, that means this map shouldn't crash your game. i've only had time by now to test it once as hunters and once as demons and i must say i think you'll find it fun.

edit: ok released 0.932 now.

edit again: ok we got me filling some popular demands, most notably changing the runners like adding runners that are like those from tree tag and vampirism...let me know if you guys have anything else you want changed.

Last edited by SanKakU; 04-06-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User Templarion
User

Templarion has little to show at this moment (3)
Just a basic Tag map. You know what this is if you have ever played "Golem Tag", "Kodo Tag" or maps like that.

Quite boring after a short period of time and the starting is really weird: Why do I have to destroy one of the shops? Why don't I simply spawn at the area where I can start without weird walls?

There are better tag maps out there with more balanced skills and better gameplay.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User SanKakU
Maker of Demon Hunt

edit: with newest versions 0.95 you'll notice the start with the shops is a little bit different, the chasers start near the portal and can walk through the portal or break through the trees. this is an interesting twist because now if the runners want to rescue they will have to teleport in if the hunters don't go through the portal or they will have to break down the barrier. breaking down the barrier can happen immediately if you have 6 runners cast damage building on one shop...so even at the beginning of the game before the hunters come out they can destroy the barrier if they want, but at the cost of precious head start seconds. an interesting side point to this is that if you have a demon slayer you can teleport to the wall shops and not have to break out, thus hunting a bit faster, or if you have a pandaren demon hunter you can also burn through the trees much faster than by attacking them and thus start the hunt faster. /edit

about the start with the shops...that is how the original tag map that i played from starcraft was. it was archon tag, and the archons had to destroy the machine shops to get out and get at the probes. it gives the runners a bit of a head start. archon tag was by far the best starcraft tag map, so, to make the best warcraft tag map, that was my goal, so i copied this aspect of starting procedure from archon tag.

about it being boring...did you play with a few ammount of people?

yes, 1v3 is a little boring and any less you shouldn't even attempt.
2v6 is a bit more interesting enough to be called fun i think and 3v9 is very fun.

also the skills should be very balanced, each of the chasers have their own special skills...one can run fast and disappear, another is just invisible, some set traps and others can sniff out runners another can replace trees with warriors and crush town halls with ease, another can mana burn, another sleep, etc...there is a bit of variety, and the ultimates have two levels and the other two skills 4 levels. so since you have to level up your skill, it's not so great at first, so you have to earn kills on the runners. of course the runners are fully rescuable, and they have many tricks to be able to do this.

i think most people who would complain about it being unbalanced are confused with what type of tag map it is.

in a game like vampirism, which is extremely popular, the type of tag map it would be best to be called is an assimilation tag map.

in an assimilation tag map the runners only get one life, then they turn into a chaser.

it is an interesting twist to the tag function.

my tag map isn't like that, so it's not so important that the runners have extremely evasive and unrealistic skills like warden blink level 3 as a neutral hostile type skill.
since the runners can be rescued, it's not so necessary for them to be able to teleport.

now i know people still like to teleport, so i included that in the map, of course.

if you will take the time to notice there are about 20 different runner types or so. there is a great variety in what they can all do. i didn't want to make some clone of another tag map, but make something original.

look at their various skills, a quick windwalk, a blink skill, a mirror image skill, a transmute skill, an inner fire skill, an unholy frenzy skill, a summon workers skill, a phase shift skill, even an evasion skill, all of these skills are edited appropriately to fit in with the tag style of game. phase shift doesn't last 5 minutes but it isn't as short as the melee version either. it lasts something around more like 10 seconds. same thing with windwalk, it isn't some level 3 wind walk that blademaster has, just as my blink isn't some level 3 blink that warden has. the map balances out because of the rescue system.

so please remember it does have alot of skills that you can use, you just have to have more variety in picking your runners and chasers. of course if everyone picks runner a and chaser a it's going to be a little boring, that's why there's about 10 chasers and about 20 runners to choose from.

one more thing i might as well add is that the runners can repick their runner in case they feel they couldn't survive well enough with their last choice.

in other words, when they get captured and after that when they get rescued, they don't have to use the runner they picked at the start of the game. which really adds to the variety.

at any rate, with a good runner or chaser the game becomes very fast paced since the runners can get so many resources so fast if left unchecked/unchased and the chasers if they're fed too much can really end the game quickly likewise by fine use of items they will earn through kills. anyway don't confuse someone being better or worse than you with the map being unbalanced, that is a common mistake.

Last edited by SanKakU; 04-06-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User SanKakU
Maker of Demon Hunt

changes

so i added some new chaser abilities, i took out sniff the wind for chaser j and kept that for chaser h and took out chaser h chaser image and gave her sneak attack and gave chaser j auto flame strike.

ok, newest changes in 0.935...
i finally fixed the Chaser J Auto Flame Strike, heh heh i am using 24 triggers for just one ability! also, i added a new ultimate for Chaser E, and changed his avatar ability to a regular ability, like level 1 is spell immunity, level 2 is adding on bonus dmg, level 3 is adding on hp, and level 4 is adding on extra hp and extra dmg.
i really like his new ultimate, let me know what you think.
also i added a few new items, and rebalanced the items. the item bonus guys are still good chasers but they were extremely overpowered before with finding bonus omnicience potions and speed potions. now you have to buy those items.

Last edited by SanKakU; 09-25-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User SanKakU
Maker of Demon Hunt

Visit this site to submit screenshots and/or discuss your favorite Demon Hunter.

Sympathy Of The Night - View topic - The Demon Hunt Tournament - the official sotn map - Xfire's #1 Blizzard Clan!!! - Free Message Board Hosting by FreePowerBoards.com

edit: finally 0.938 released! and look at all the upgrades! all the runners from A-Z are now available! have fun guys and gals.

Last edited by SanKakU; 11-04-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User wereguy2
hey guys im back!

wereguy2 is just really nice (345)wereguy2 is just really nice (345)wereguy2 is just really nice (345)
I really liked the fact that there was multiple chasers/runner to choose from.
5/5
Old 11-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User SanKakU
Maker of Demon Hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereguy2 View Post
I really liked the fact that there was multiple chasers/runner to choose from.
5/5
thanks for the commendation.
version 0.94f here, and i want to take this moment to say that i plan on definitely getting this map crashing free by the time it hits version 0.95.
if i have to, i'll do 0.94g-z, and then 0.941a-z, and up to 0.949z until i hit 0.95...haha...but hopefully if some expert map makers give me some more help i'll get there faster.

update: wow custom script doesn't remove leaks fully? i copied the actions from the kodo tag extreme 4.1 that Panik submitting that removed leaks properly.

game seems to not crash anymore. 0.94h

edit: ok so i found out the map stopped crashing because i broke autoflamestrike, when i tried to bring it back the game crashed some more...
so i finally fixed flame strike with the help of someone else who is obviously better at making spells than me...Spiwn

and so now...here is version 0.94n.
newest interesting change is you can now pick a random runner or a random chaser.
other minor changes include things like adding more random tips for the ESC button tips.

ok you know what? somehow spiwn's autoflame strike wasn't working either. so i scrapped it for awhile and now autoflamestrike is dead. but pandaren flames lives on in version 0.94w!

Signature Updated: 13th August 2014

Last edited by SanKakU; 12-26-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User Mitchomitch
Harry Hirsch

Mitchomitch has little to show at this moment (6)
This map is fun, 5/5! Keep updating! ;)
Old 02-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User Dragoon_Jett
Don't you need thumbs?

Dragoon_Jett has little to show at this moment (12)Dragoon_Jett has little to show at this moment (12)
Just a response to the updates about you talking about Archon Tag, yes that map is awesome. But also remember that editor had A LOT more limitations and using newer methods would be better.

Scissors are fine.

Sincerely, Rock.
Dragoon_Jett is offline   Reply With Quote