• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death Lord's Cavern ver. 2.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Tough Zai

Presents

Death Lord's Cavern Ver. 2.0

NEWLy updated Death Lord's Cavern Ver. 2.1 jan 30,13

Storyline of the Game

StoryLine
You’re a dread Lord of Undead who aimed to control the KALIMDOR, you raided each villages, slay all the villagers and convert them into you minion.
In your quest near the Castle of KALIMDOR, together with you minion you planned to siege the castle during the incoming eclipse. You set your camp around the castle and wait the perfect timing in advancing to the castle.
Three days before that day, your Brother went to the castle and tell the Great King of your plans in taking over the castle.
They set a plan to capture you inside the castle during the taking over. All the soldiers and villagers flee from the castle leaving only the The Great King and his loyal Champions.
The Great King sends an immediate Message to his allies for the plan in capturing the Dread Lord.
At dawn Before the Eclipse your brother rushes to your camp and advice you to advance now before the allied forces came, without knowing that your brother is luring you into the castle where the allied forces are waiting, and all of the allied forces are prepared in the taking over.
During the Siege your minions are advancing slowly and their numbers are getting lower and lower, together with your brother you rush in to the back door of the castle where the captivity is plotted.
In that moment you fought so hard that even your brother is trying to kill,
Then suddenly the Great King Casted a spell that will seal your power and cannot be used again. As the night goes on the Eclipes will not be stop by the allied forces and the the king Himself,they immediately dis-arm the Death Lord and taking his power to manipulate and converts dead. As the Eplipse passes your power grows and you manage to absorb some of the power from the phenomenon. You suddenly kill the champion who holds you and trying to kill the king.
The battle between you and the King is so terrible that you drain almost all of you power,
On the other side of the castle the allied forces Kings are charging towards you together with their assassins and Heroes,
Because you are out numbered and the eclipse slowly passed out then don’t have enough power to fight, you flee from the battle and leave the message “I’ll will kill you ONE by ONE”.
After you fled you notices that you’re at the midst of unknown cavern, and no one know what your exact location is, and you decided to stay in the cavern and regain your strength and minion.
You discover that their is one Shrine who revives you, and that shrine will give you a power of immortality, protect the shrine as hardly as you can and kill the Kings of each races.

Game Play

GamePlay
It’s a single Player, Castle defense, RPG type of game, but with a little twist on the gameplay.
In normal CASTLE DEFENSE type, the game was focused only on your castle to defend and tons of creeps incoming.
In this type of game play, First you have to defend your [ Shrine] you castle that keep you reincarnated every time you died, Second is you have to plan and try to find a way to kill the 4 Kings. Each Kings will drop an item that will help you to slay the Human King, If the King of Human will be slayed you finishes the GAME with a VICTORY.
But don’t leave your Shrine without any guards or get back to the Shrine if you feel that your minion cant handle the enemies. The GAME finishes with a DEFEAT if your Shrine is destroyed.

Hive Community For the Models And Icons
REDBARON for Map Preview and Loading Screen
Tranquil for King Model
Grendel for Skeleton Brute
Sin'dorei300 for female necro
Happy Tauren for Power lich
Cherub as my Beta Player

223510-albums6007-picture65259.jpg

223510-albums6007-picture65258.jpg

223510-albums6007-picture65260.jpg

223510-albums6007-picture65261.jpg

223510-albums6007-picture65262.jpg

223510-albums6007-picture65264.jpg

223510-albums6007-picture65263.jpg

223510-albums6007-picture65265.jpg

Hints, Tips And Tricks!]

Resources:

- GOLD  Killing a hero and enemy unit give you a normal bounty, Try to destroy crate for hidden gold coin, kill the villager and mine your gold through abandon gold mine, their gold bounty is higher that the normal creeps in the map, Take note they don’t give a lumber bounty. You can find it South of NAGA Castle.​
- LUMBER  You can farm your Lumber in to wood golem, go to the north of tuskar’s camp, and step into circle of power and it will respawn 5 wood golems, each golem give a 300 lumber bounty, do it many times as possible to gain a mass of lumber.​
- TRADING  You can trade the 1500 Gold for 1000 Lumber, and 800 Lumber for 1000 Gold, Very useful in balancing your resource, just go to the Village EAST from your town and find the trader.​

Units:

- Starting Units , Your starting gold and lumber is enough to defend your Shrine in first waves of enemies.​
- Heritic - They heal your units and repair your Shrine, They have life regeneration aura, that Heals allied and enemy unit, they are Vulnerable units so guard them or let them out of the combat scene, don’t let him get near to assassins or else you cannot kill them. This Unit also build a shrine Fortifier that help you to barricade and protect you shrine a little bit.​
- Cavern Witch - They have divine armor, and receive less damage from enemy unit, but don’t be at ease Naga’s Dragon Snapper is an ultimate witch killer so this units must be used early in the game to raid the camp and help you roam around the map.​
- Tough Zombie – This unit is a very useful unit because of this cleaving damage but, this is not so tough early in the game, you need upgrades for him to make him tough enough in the combat.​
- Zombiefied Allied heroes – This unit help you to tank and absorb a damage, and has devotion aura, help you to increase your units armor early in the game.​
- Necromancer and Cavern Crawler – This unit helps you defend your shrine but not so reliable because of low hp and low damage.​

Special Units:

- Hired Heroes – This heroes will help you finish the game, each of them can use skills and items, They cost a lot of food so pick a few only. Their Tavern are located East from your camp.​
- Goblin Smith – This unit is vulnerable, has teleportation ability, this is very useful in the game to let him forge your items while you are in combat.​
- Mercenaries – They are expensive units with fortified armor, they don’t cost a food so when your food is maxed your choice is to hire them.​

Upgrades:

Foul Soul – This upgrades will increase your unit maximum hp and regeneration. Must take this upgrades max early in the game.​
Minion Carapace - This upgrades will give a bonus defense to your Cavern Witch, to let them more durable, Must take at least 1 early in the game.​
Unholy Armor – This upgrade is also used by Death Lord so take this at least 1 or 2 as possible.​
Plague Aura – This upgrade gives off a cloud of plague and damaging the enemy, Used also by Death lord, hired Heroes, and some units.​
Others – Other upgrades are optional but can help you toughen your units.​

Item hierarchy:

- Basic items
- Reinforced items
– Can be Forge by Goblin Smith, Heroes, Death Lord​
- Enchanted items
– Only forge by an Enchanter ( Pedestal of Enchantment)​
- Legendary items
- Only forge by Demons ( Demon Forge)​
- Rare items
- Only forge by Dragon Slayer ( can be found in the EAST village)​

updated to ver 2.1

Death lords lifestel fix,and some item fix.

Pls. give your comment

Pls. rate my map

Pls. tell me if you find any bug or if you have any questions!

Keywords:
balanar,castle defense,hero defense,creeps defense,cave,single player,RPG.TD,Adventure,camapaigne
Contents

Death Lord's Cavern ver. 2.1 (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Message :: Hive Staff」 » Date:[c] 「09/Mar/2013 13:01:57」 » Reasons: Credits to be posted in-game + in the Hive Description. (All authors) » Comment: Full credits list is required in-game. Not Rated » Rules: [c]...

M

» Vengeancekael:[c] Profile :: Message :: Hive Staff
» Date:[c] 09/Mar/2013 13:01:57
» Reasons:

Credits to be posted in-game + in the Hive Description. (All authors)
» Comment:
Full credits list is required in-game.
Not Rated
[tr]​
» Rules: [c] Map Submission
» Contact: [c] Staff Contact
! 'Reasons' are automated !

Level 23
I'll try this later.. but judging from the screenshots and the description, it looks fun. Although in your terrain, some doodads don't fit with it's surroundings (like the huge sand hand holding the sword, those sunken ruins and night elf stuff, and some more that I don't know how to describe)..Looking at the minimap part of the screen shot, it looks like a maze sumthing.. Gonna try this later.. maybe.. fow now, 3/5 :D

=============================================EDIT========================================

Tested and played with it for a while, had fun but there's sumthing that bothered me somewhere at the beginning to the mid game. forgot what it was..

Last edited:
Level 7
haha..you mean the statue? but they are isolated and those part of the night elf are part of night elfs castle and the statue was a sort of demon altar to offer you item and let him forge it....pls rate it...ty...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
EDITED

thnks for the high feed back i hope this map will be approved,,,goodluck to your project.....

Last edited:
Level 23
i don't understand how many player need have for playing ... here tell 1 but there have the other tabs for players...

the terrain
is strange,because is poor, the ways don't have things is completly empty..
and that terrin is snow why have ashenvale doodads ?

Gameplay
The game play is cool, but u need fix the quest,they are embarrassed,
and you need fix the the selection scale, have some unit so bigget and the selection scale is smaller !

but is cool, for now my rate is 2/5 with some updated i play and change my rate and give some rep for u

Level 7
thnks man, its actually a single player, but ill do imporve it more but still its not approved yet..

the plot was inside the cavern anyway so mybe ill add more doodads for the terrain.
ill do working on that,,, can i ask if you finish the game?

Level 23
thnks man, its actually a single player, but ill do imporve it more but still its not approved yet..

the plot was inside the cavern anyway so mybe ill add more doodads for the terrain.
ill do working on that,,, can i ask if you finish the game?

more or less, for now i'm working in my campaign Tides of War
so i have no time for playing so much... and this costing many time

Tried it.

I don't really get what kind of map it is. There is a defense part, which takes a big part in the early game and is quiet annoying because you can't go farming resources too far too long. But as the game keeps going on, it becomes even more annoying because it slows the progression like hell and spams items around the shrine.

I think you should add a respawn time for enemies (those that attack the shrine). For now, it's just like playing 2 completly unrelated games with :
- the defense of the shrine that is repetitive and not hard after some time given that you keep an eye on it,
- the scout/customization of the hero(es) and its team and the boss fights.

Also, I discovered that I could use the alchemist guy to buy units to the portal quiet late. It would be so much better not to need any unit close to that portal in order to buy units...

And it would be better to add more unique spells to the heroes. They are well balanced (actually, I think there is a bug with Rexxar's Misha : you can summon unlimited Mishas when it is low level (before the furbolg)) but they lack of fun, IMO.

Ah, the purpose of each circle seems to be random ><. You should distinguish some of them because it's really confusing.

And yes, some units are so huge that I can't select anything else on the screen...

Forsaken said:
i don't understand how many player need have for playing ...
I guess he spoke about the race selection screen. There is 1 slot for the player (which is fine) and 2 other slots we can do anything with it (which is disturbing since it's a single player map).

The bright side now. :p
The balance is quiet good, even if I'd recommend you to lower the naga's creeps HP a bit. And the final boss's resurection is a pain... but that's part of the gameplay.

The items are as unoriginal as the heroes, but they are also very well balanced and the recipe system is perfectly done, with good descriptions (if you put aside the fact it takes time to read and you can't really do that early game ^^'). I didn't find the "Bone Armor", though (it's a requirement for the last HP item in the main recipe shop). Maybe it was "Bone Shield" or something, but I didn't test and it could be a tooltip error (I didn't think so at first because the others are ok).

Keep it up. :goblin_yeah:

Level 7
i though no one got NOticed my map haha..ive leave it their because i though no one will get interest to test it..so if i ahd a time i have to make it more balance,,,and btw all of the user only focused their comments on the terrain..and your comment was great and mybe ill do it more better thnks for the comment...

>Bone shield is same as bone armor id just forget to change the name my bad..
>alchemist can buy any item and units and can be teleported to any hero or structure you own..note! that forging units like dragon slayers are red player so you can teleport it their.