• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Burning Crusade

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Sunreaver Presents

The Burning Crusade
Created by Sunreaver

Map Info:

An altered melee map made from Blizzard's melee map Garden of War
The tileset is reset by me to Outland theme.

Features:

New Race:The Burning Legion/Demon's:
A new unique faction, Uses only 2 unit training buildings. 1 for Early Game another for Advanced units. Units will be unlock by building certain buildings. Most of the buildings have a special upgrade.

Items unique for the Burning Legion

Unique gameplay for the faction

Some else stuff about map:

Terrain is not made by me

Screenshots and Videos:

Image Description:
Demon Race

232090-albums6704-picture104616.png

Image Description:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

185870-albums2961-xxxxxxxxxx.jpg

Change Log:

Added:
  • Sargeras Rage upgrade
  • SR upgrade is avialable to research in fountains
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Removed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Fixed:
  • Some tooltips error
  • Balanced some units
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Changed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Added:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Removed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Fixed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Changed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Added:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Removed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Fixed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Changed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Credits:

67Chrome/Ramza/Paladinjst/pWn3d/MasterHaosis/Dan van Ohllus/Berz/Blizzard Entertainment/Sellenisko/Ujimasa Hojo/takakenji /Callahan/-Nightmare/-Berz-/Wa666r

Author's notes:
Choose Orcs to play as the faction
Feel free to edit this map as u like and upload it if u edited it heavily
Like my other maps gold mine has full gold and food is risen to 150
Please review the map
Find any bugs pls contact me on Hiveworkshop

Upcoming Version:
New Upgrades that improve units.

[Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Demon, Burning Legion, Burning Crusade, Sunreaver
Contents

The Burning Crusade (Map)

Reviews
11:11, 5th Apr 2016 Rufus: Rufus ReviewMap ScoreGameplay:10 / 30Aesthetics:18 / 20Total:28 / 50 Rating Chart 45-505/5 Highly Recommended35-444/5 Recommended25-343/5 Useful15-242/5 Lacking0-141/5 Unacceptable Gameplay I think you should add...

M

11:11, 5th Apr 2016
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:10 / 30
Aesthetics:18 / 20
Total:28 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
I think you should add toughts about the gameplay, tactics and such in the description. You should also add more and less chaotic screenshots to make it clear what this race looks like, and how it works. Right now, all I know is that it is a new race, and that you think that I should try it.

My hero was weak. I chose the lord of chaos and used pit of doom on a few creeps. 5/10/15 damage per second for 12 seconds is only 60/120/180 damage, wich most other heroes burst in half a second with a sometimes lower mana cost. Additionally, since it is area over time effect, enemy player units can just walk off and take 10 total damage. The effct on this one wasn't to nice either. A lot of gravestones bunched together.

I also tried the felblood lifedrainer wich had lacking tooltips not showing the abilities damage as the others, and also overwhelmingly weak abilities.
But then suddenly, I got quick blades that deal 300 damage to an enemy at level 1.

In short, the heroes need a lot more balancing.

The techtree is a little strange. For exampe you need fel works before you can create a basic barracks building?

An upgrade says it grants all units 5 health regeneration. It does not grant heroes that bonus. Change function or tooltip.

You could also buy an inferno stone from the reces item shop which is ridicoulously over powered as it is one races ultimate ability, and you can buy them and give one each to your hereos, giving you a lot of crow control and three very strong summons in a fight.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
The terrain is not being taken into consideration as it is not the authors work.

The buildings are very good. They all match the same good concept and had no visual bugs. Only the fel pool didn't have a birth animation.
Additionally there was a lot of fitting icons that was imported properly.
The units all fit well together.

Overall the looks of this race were very good.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
My lord of chaos stopped attacking, and so did the enemy I attacking me after the pit of soom ability ended.

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
I didn't play an entire game since it was too unbalanced to make it fun.
There might be more things to fix, but look into those changes first.

Status set to Awaiting Update.

Looks interesting. The description needs some work though for starters. Remove the Hive video. See if you can make one of your own. I found a program called screen-to-gif that makes nice moving images from screen capture. You should add more screen shots. It is good to show one of the whole terrain even if it is a reworked Blizzard terrain. It sounds nice. My latest map uses the same idea. If you use just the original terrain but add new tiles and doodads from a different tileset, you get a balanced terrain. Also remove the xxxxxxxxx's from your description. Food at 150? Yikes on the super massing. I guess if you like that. You should also tell us more about the new race. The name burning crusade has been used a bunch, you might try something else. I will download and review the actual map and gameplay when I get home. The map looks good from the screenshot though. Nice skins and models. More screenshots will make it easier to see without downloading. You might also try a different template. This one has been used thousands of times. StopCampingNoOb has added a new ones that look really good and are really easy to use. You have no changelog - remove it. "Some else stuff about map" was more of a joke by Kobas, that title should be changed. Maybe, here you should call it "terrain." Explain more about how you made the terrain. I'm looking forward to giving this a full review, but I think I gave you a few things to work on for now. Learning bbcode is fun and easy, I recommend you did in and make the best description you can.

Edit: Also the map says it was made by Blizzard Entertainment. You might want to change that, it makes it harder to steal.

REVIEW

Terrain: Not too bad, since it is Blizzard's, but a few things were off. The water looked strange with lily pads and cat tails in a dungeon setting.

Creeps: Creeps were balanced and fitting. However, the 4 mines in the center are unguarded. Blizzard may have done it that way, but that does not mean it is the best. I would guard those mines with something. Otherwise it is a tower race to the middle and whoever holds it wins.

The Race: Actually, the race surprised me. It was pretty sweet! The spells were interesting and most of them worked (some lag). The unit selection seemed odd at first, but after playing it made more sense. The buildings were cool. Training in pairs is a sweet idea. Some buildings had the wrong ground texture. This looks bad. The lumberjack system is cool with a mobile mechanical unit that can receive lumber. Tooltips and icons all fit. The file size is reasonable too. Good job on making a very playable and fun race.

Triggers: This is where I have to be a bit more critical. The triggers were bad and leak a lot. It was fine for me testing 1v1 in short games, but with 4 players or more or in any long game you are going to build up some serious lag. Please read http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/.

Description:
Still terrible. Please make fixes I suggested above. This map should not be approved until it has a decent description.

Final Score: 3/5 and + rep.

Last edited:
Level 12
Well i understood that but either way.
If he ever was an normaly blood elf sometime, he did got the voice he got ingame ATM.
But he probly got possesed or something and transformed into an felblood.
But in my opinion, i would have change the voice to something more demonic kind of.
Making him being more realistic.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Who made the terrain ? Please credit appropriately, no matter if BE did it or someone else.
At the moment I can only guess BE created the map and you edited it, that should be a clear
point from the map description.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Ah I see, please make that point clear in the map description,
instead of 'Terrain is not made by me' you could replace it with 'Basic map is made by Blizzard and terrain edited by me'