• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bitter Woods

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This was my attempt at creating a "Blizzard Quality" Standard Melee Map. I created the whole thing on my own so there isn't any "credit" to give out other than you all supporting my map by downloading it and letting me know what you think. I would greatly appreciate it too.

It's a One Vs. One and it's a very tiny map with limited gold. It was designed for quick games so yeah this was intentional. Enjoy and please leave feedback.

Keywords:
Bitter, Woods, Bitter Woods, Melee, One, One vs one, fast, quick, short, tiny, hard, blizzard, standard, good, good quality.
Contents

Bitter Woods (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Mar/04 17:22:42 Reasons: Different Author/Uploader usernames. Please show proof that you have the original author's permission to upload his map here or if it's your other username. Missing Map Category...

M

Vengeancekael: Private Message
Date: 2012/Mar/04 17:22:42

Reasons:
Different Author/Uploader usernames. Please show proof that you have the original author's permission to upload his map here or if it's your other username.
Missing Map Category.

Other:
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: Do the things Orcnet has mentioned in this post: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2109795-post4.html
Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules

Level 15
Full Review Emerges

Nothing too new about this map, but its fun, quick, and good. There are enough neutral buildings to start off, robust creeps, and overall symmetrical. The Blue Dragon at the goldmines might be little extreme, either sides couldn't make expansion, I suggest you reduce them into a yellow creep camp, you should also set creep acquisition to 'camp' to avoid running your forces to your base, exception for the Goldmine creeps, let them be. The terrain may feels dull, there are too many empty spaces, try adding more trees and doodads, trees have spaces in between, allowing small units to hide that's generally bad I suppose (see screenshot). Item drops need tweaking, Blue Dragon gets level 4 item drop while Troll Warlord gets Artifact drop! Lastly, I suggest you make the neutral buildings atleast yellow creep camp.
EDIT: Also, the author is different from the one who made the map. :/
Good work on this map, 3/5

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_030212_172329_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_030212_172329_01.jpg
    819.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Level 28
Map review

Terrain: 1/5

Your terrain wasn't really ugly but it really lacks on environment. There was to many plain part that can easily be fixed just by adding more of environment doodads(ex. rocks, shrubs, cattail, bush etc." also putting more props can hide the emptiness of the area"birds, firepit(this is very much needed because of the snow) and other stuff.

Used of tileset was really bad i guess, I don't really know what you are thinking on why did you use the brick tileset on a nature type of environment, so I guess you just put those tileset randomly.

Gameplay 1/5

The gameplay was fast and really much appropriate on the size of the map and I really like fast pace melee game. But it lacks of strategy and tactics as far as I know even a small melee map still need some strategy and tactics.

But here are the badthings that you had done.

Goblin Laboratories - This wasn't needed on a small melee map. I rather put a fountain there than the laboratories
2 Hero Tavern - A small map like this doesn't require 2 tavern, it would be better if you put the tavern at the middle instead of the marketplace
Neutral Unit placement - I guess the neutral unit place properly EXCEPT at the red camp, someone told me that a goldmine should only be defended by orange camp creeps and should never be defended by the red camp. Also item drop was appropriate on the creeps level EXCEPT again from the level 10 blue dragon, it should drop higher level item and not a level 4 item.

This melee map really give the fast-pace that mostly people want that I also want, but I still prefer a strategic melee map.

well I rate it 1/5

Level 30
Map Review
Bitter Woods (No Version/s Stated)

Rating System:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

Bitter Woods is an additional melee map created by Matt F and was uploaded by nolabel, which takes place on a Lordaeron Winter Set and can only be played by 2 players. Player 1 is in the south corner of the map while the other is placed in the north.

"The game style is decent, nothing much to explain in strategic feedbacks, but somehow I notice that creep levels are high in this map that makes 2 players to either disengage expansion sites or finish the game quickly, you should decrease creep difficulty by the size of playability next time or the other."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The map looks large for a 1v1 player since its lacks much environmental decors to be placed on, although the Northrend Snow weather made an impact ambient for it, you still need to add more doodads to give in a attractive view to players.

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"All in all, the game works well in-game, but a little tip about this map is that you should also add more trees, because its the first thing I noticed when gathering resources, second is what I already explained for creep difficulty, like those green labeled creeps guards Mercenary camps while orange labeled creeps are stationed in the fast tag locations which makes it imbalanced."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
8/1576%C

Last edited: