• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beyond Deity (AZ) v. alpha 1

This project has been discontinued

blog%2Bheader%2Bc%25C3%25B3pia.jpg

Map Info

Beyond Deity is the first release of this project. I had to change the name due to the release of another game called "Deity". The goal of this project is to provide a very unique gameplay combined with the most competitive atmosphere that is possible.

The game brings a new concept, where you create a group of units (Legion) with your desired characteristics and control a character to battle against your oponents in an open area, where all of the spells and normal attacks can be dodged. Your Legion always follows you and gives you support in the battlefield (they are non-player controlled).

The PvP focus and the diversity of possible strategies is what makes it fun and different.

* All the information about the gameplay and character commands can be found inside the game hitting the key F9

* The game now works in single player mode.

Features

- 1v1 or 2v2 play (ONLY 1v1 IS FULLY IMPLEMENTED yet)

- Ten (10) types of different units to build your Legion
- Unique playable classes with unique characteristics (only 2 are avaiable in this version)
- Unique attack system that works like in Action RPG games
- Stamina system that controls your speed and avaiable jump distance
- Unique resource system, where you gonna need to know when to run around the map or kill enemy units
- Build structure system and teleportation system
- Unique skill system, that you need to learn (buy) skills in a same specific place as the enemy
- Unique enviroment, very bloody and dark themed

Gameplay

Create a Legion. Choose an unique class. Run around the map checking the green spots to see if you find "Symbol". Use the Symbol to build structures using your character's ability, or learn skills in the temple, in the middle of the map. You can buy one skill per level.

One (1) Symbol is converted into one (1) crystal each second. When you kill enemy units you increase this rate for a certain period. The units level up gaining bonuses, and when they die they are respawned after some seconds in your Barracks, with level 1.

The Gate Portals can be used to spy an area (1000 sight range) or "travel" around the map, using their teleportation ability. Your Teleportation Structure has the same ability, but without cooldown. They are invulnerable until another gate portal is placed very near to them. This is the only way to destroy them.

When you kill your enemy, his/her power supply is damaged, lowering all structures hit points and armor. You gain +2 attribute bonus and if you kill multiple times (kill streak), you increse the bonuses and the enemy's respawn time.

Use your crystals in the shop near to the temple, to increase your character's attributes or buy items (although the only avaiable item is the Blood Stone).

* The elements and the Legion control are not yet implemented.

LEFT CLICK ON A UNIT (melee) - walks straight to the direction of the clicked unit.

LEFT CLICK ON A UNIT (ranged) - turn your face to the location (does not work on shops).

A - Attack (is executed/launched in front of your character)

F - Jump (consumes stamina and consequentially lowers speed, according to the distance).

[ D - Summon Structure] then Q/W/E/R/Z ]

[ Q - Earth Obelisk (armor) ]
[ W - Fire Obelisk (damage) ]
[ E - Ice Obelisk (slow) ]
[ R - Air Obelisk (heal) ]
[ Z - Gate Portal (teleportation) ]

Skills: Q, W, E, R

Camera zoom: "+" or "-" in the ally chat.

Clear screen: "-clear" in the ally chat.

Speed info: "-sp" in the ally chat.

ESC: Selects your character and pings all of your gate portals in the map.

Turn weather effects OFF: "-weoff" in the ally chat

- The Legion sometimes don't attack the same target that you are attacking, although they have enough range (you will notice this when you attack structures). To prevent this, you need to get near to your target to also bring them near to it.

- There is a freeze when the units get level 4 for the first time.

- The game starts to slow down a bit after 30 minutes, losing performance. I still don't know if this happens in most of the computers or not. You can help me fix this by telling how was your experience.

Screenshots and Videos

Building a Legion

109550d1325506777-deity-mystic-elements-big-project-new-game-concept-recruiting-wc3scrnshot_010212_095334_01.jpg

Choosing the class Bow Master

109551d1325506777-deity-mystic-elements-big-project-new-game-concept-recruiting-wc3scrnshot_010212_095420_03.jpg

Choosing the class Dark Witch

109552d1325506777-deity-mystic-elements-big-project-new-game-concept-recruiting-wc3scrnshot_010212_095426_04.jpg

The beginning of a fight

110604d1328084965-deity-mystic-elements-big-project-new-game-concept-recruiting-wc3scrnshot_020112_055244_03-copia.jpg

PVP

110605d1328084965-deity-mystic-elements-big-project-new-game-concept-recruiting-wc3scrnshot_020112_055322_05-copia.jpg

Unit kill

110607d1328084965-deity-mystic-elements-big-project-new-game-concept-recruiting-wc3scrnshot_020112_055331_07-copia.jpg

Summoning structure

110608d1328085218-deity-mystic-elements-big-project-new-game-concept-recruiting-wc3scrnshot_020112_055424_09-copia.jpg

Huge Fight

110609d1328085218-deity-mystic-elements-big-project-new-game-concept-recruiting-wc3scrnshot_020112_055435_11-copia.jpg

Hot persuit 1

110611d1328085218-deity-mystic-elements-big-project-new-game-concept-recruiting-wc3scrnshot_020112_055658_14-copia.jpg

Hot persuit 2

110612d1328085218-deity-mystic-elements-big-project-new-game-concept-recruiting-wc3scrnshot_020112_055700_15-copia.jpg

Character kill

110613d1328085683-deity-mystic-elements-big-project-new-game-concept-recruiting-wc3scrnshot_020112_055702_16-copia.jpg

Finishing the game

110630d1328086394-deity-mystic-elements-big-project-new-game-concept-recruiting-wc3scrnshot_020112_060200_33-copia.jpg

* Some screenshots may be out of date, but I will be updating them as soon as I can. If you want to see more screenshots please visit this link.

Change Log

- Released in 01/02/2012.

- incresead the stat gain when you level up
- Gate Portal price changed from 200 to 150
- Legion respawn changed from 20 seconds to 45 seconds
- Reduced the hp of all base structures by 5000
- Reduce the hp of the Air Tower by 500
- Fixed a bug that would carry enemy units in your gate portal
- Greatly reduced the number of weather effects (+ performance)
- Added the command "-weoff" to remove weather effects (increases performance)

I hope this makes the game faster.

- Reduced the hp of all base structures by 5000 again
- Increased the base attack and the variation of both classes
- Decreased Bow Master's Meteor symbol cost
- Increased the sight range of the Gate Portals by 500

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Luiz P. Bills
  • Pedro Belluzz0
  • The Modding Community

Code resources:

- Jesus4Lyf
- Deaod
- Weep
- Earth-Fury
- Bribe
- Laiev

Models/skins/icons:

- Booody
- NewbieMapper
- epsilon
- Tarrasque
- Dionesiist
- NewbieMapper
- Hatebreeder
- AnemicRoyalty
- TotallyAwesome
- Celestea
- xXm0Rph3usXx
- Gottfrei
- TDR
- Callahan
- JetFangInferno
- Pyritie
- hortaxman
- Vermillion Edict
- LordRazor
- Argus
- DonDustin
- shamanyouranus
- Matarael
- www.wc3sear.ch
- Tr!KzZ
- exfyre
- Champara Bros
- infrenus
- HappyTauren
- paulH
- Horn
- Daelin
- General Frank
- Storm_PCF
- RightField
- alfredx_sotn
- Carrington2k
- Sundance
- sPy
- Mr. Bob
- Skizzik
- Pins
- shiiK
- Norinrad
- 67chrome
- Ki
- NFWar
- kola
- Darkfang
- CloudWolf
- 4eNNightmare
- Hellx-Magnus
- -Berz-
- asailant
- inhuman89
- Marenko
- GooS
- Damob
- shockwave
- Luckerguy
- bAsToIsE
- AlienAtSystem
- Nash
- dab
- SkriK
- Blizzard Entertainment

* If you own any resource and were not mentioned in the list, please contact me.

Author’s Notes

This is a very challenging game. I want to develop it's competitive aspect as much as possible, and increase it's playerbase too. I will always be doing balancing changes according to the opinion of the community, therefore, if you like it, feel free to publish it as much as you can.

You should give a try to this game if:

- you like AoS style or Hero Arena maps but is rather bored of the same thing
- you like games that require extreme skill with controlling an unique unit
- you like dark themed games like Diablo
- you like Action RPG games or MMORPGs that are focused on PvP
- you want to try a totally different experience from what you are used to have in Warcraft III

Project Status

* I still need models, skins, coders and mostly beta testers for this project.

If you wish to help, you can contact me.

Keywords:
AoS, Unique, Unique Gameplay, Action RPG, Strategy, PvP, 1v1, 2v2, Bloody, Hero, Competitive, Challenging
Contents

Beyond Deity (AZ) v. alpha 1 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Feb/03 21:59:50 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object...
Level 4
Will there be any possibility that this map would have AI?
Tested it but I couldnt play it in single player.

Well, since there are no neutral units in the game, and everything that you can kill belongs to a real player, I prefered to "lock" the single player mode. I plan to release a tutorial mode/map later, but for now you can only play it with a real person. Have a try and tell me what were your thoughts about it :p

I'll update very soon with a version that does not block the single player mode, so people can test it better.

Single player avaiable.

approval? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
Well, since there are no neutral units in the game, and everything that you can kill belongs to a real player, I prefered to "lock" the single player mode. I plan to release a tutorial mode/map later, but for now you can only play it with a real person. Have a try and tell me what were your thoughts about it :p

By AI I mean computer controllers playing as if its a human player.

Also, ill test it again later.

- The Legion sometimes don't attack the same target that you are attacking, although they have enough range (you will notice this when you attack structures). To prevent this, you need to get near to your target to also bring them near to it.
If you triggered AI, then I must see triggers to help you, otherwise check unit "target acquisition range".

- There is a freeze when the units get level 4 for the first time.
At start create unit and set it's level to 4, then remove it.
If nothing else you will remove freeze from mid game to start when you can load and do other setup.

- The game starts to slow down a bit after 30 minutes, losing performance. I still don't know if this happens in most of the computers or not. You can help me fix this by telling how was your experience.
Memory leaks.

Level 4
If you triggered AI, then I must see triggers to help you, otherwise check unit "target acquisition range".

Yeah, the Legion Movement still needs a lot of work. If you really wish to help, contact me and I will be able to share the code with you.

At start create unit and set it's level to 4, then remove it. If nothing else you will remove freeze from mid game to start when you can load and do other setup..

I did it already. It doesn't seem to work, even with the BonusMod preload turned on.

Memory leaks.

Yeah, I'm still trying to find those leaks... the code is too big and everything seems to be working normally. Anyways, I'll be improving a lot of the code before I release the next version... that was just a presentation one, as I said. =)

Thanks for the comments.