• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battleships

Reactions: JesusHipster
xXx

Battle Ships
Created by Andser

Map Info:

Use your skill to fight against other ships.

Features:

Up to 4 players!

Unique ships!

FFA!

Amazing abilities!

Some else stuff about map:

Will add more abilites/ships or make the terrain bigger.
Known bugs: N/A In testing

202029-albums7266-picture83035.jpg

202029-albums7266-picture83037.jpg

202029-albums7266-picture83036.jpg

Added:
  • Map
Fixed:

Added:
  • Player can select a ship rather than having a fixed one for each player
  • AI Pirates will move around the map
  • Increased gunpowder regeneration by 0.5, it means that Sylvanna's Curse costs 0.5 more mps
Fixed:
  • Sylvanna's Curse not working properly
  • Pirates having random "breaks"

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • -Kobas-
  • Blizzard
  • My new HP, so it can handle it

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Naval, Navy, Sea, Ocean, Water, Ship, Battle, PvP, Fight, Schooner, Vessel, Cannon, third, person, camera, control, Orgrim, Hammer, Wrynn, Battleship,
Contents

Battleships (Map)

Reviews
10:24, 23rd Apr 2014 Orcnet: Map approved
Some Insights/Suggestions
1. Nice map indeed but I would suggest to let the players choose a ship at the start of the game. You might also want to alter that sound "Our hero has fallen" to something like "Our ship has sunk" because it really sounds awkward listening to that sound.
2. You might want to add a forward attack because all attacks are sidewards.
3. The camera system is just right but I still prefer the default ones, IMO.
4. Nice terrain, I like how it is done.
5. Let those AIs roam around your map.
6. Add more information about this map.

Thanks for good rating :D
I'm going to work on this map a lot so it will be a lot better.
The front cannons are just annoying, it's more a skill play when you must use your rear cannons, and you have "Barrage". For stopping your enemy when he is running away you have there the "Main Cannon" 5s stun.
Btw, is the map locked, or I uploaded the unlocked one?
Edit:
The terrain isn't so good, i made it in less than half a hour it still needs to improve, maybe i will make the map bigger and add more open sea without islands.

Last edited:
Thanks for approval, i will work more on this map :)
For now, i have fixed some other bugs and i am trying to make AI but that's so hard, if someone wants to make it for me i will appreciate it :thumbs_up:
(I need only to know how to make the ship go around you in an exact angle so it can shoot you and it must also know to evade your shoots, there's no function to check for the angle of 2 units only <>=, it needs more math)