• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2Player: Human06

2Player: The Scourge of Lordaeron Campaign
Created by Blizzzard Entertainment. Edited by Pyraeus and Zevry. Inspired by the work of Whitewolf8.

Description

Screenshots

Other

[TD]
Chapter Six: The Culling Early the next morning, on the outskirts of Stratholme... Note - Use the /AForce and /AVision command as well in game. Read the intro show up. Also, in this map there are two heroes featured now and on both sides. This also includes the difficulty being raised.

Features:
  • A Brand New Voiced Cinematic!
  • Passive Constant Abilities
  • Units Upgraded and New Added
  • Triggers Upgraded
  • Runes, along with New Items, added
  • Choose between Three Difficulty Modes in Game.
  • New Quest Rewards
  • /AForce and /AVision command
  • New Hero for Player 2 (Captain Falric)
  • New Spells for Player 2
  • Enemy's Shout Sounds
  • Boss Mode
  • Trivias after People featured in Game

Changelog:
All Updates
  • V.1.4. Released - The Ending Cinematic can now be skipped (Recent trigger fix with Snipes screwed it up). Captain Falric's Orb of Lightning has been renamed to "Orb of Light", the orb he acquired from the previous chapters he originally had.
  • V.1.3. Released - Sir Smithy Snipes will now only attack the Alliance when the gates that are between you and him are destroyed in order to prevent him being known as the wall huger. The Traitors Quest description has been fixed with one letter issue in it. Arthas can now once again cast holy light on himself, while Sir Gregory Edmunson can also heal himself with Holy Light as well with the exception that his Divine Shield was removed. However, Sir Edmunson's attacks are now stronger. Mal'Ganis now has "Chaos Attacks", instead of Siege, to make him threatening both to buildings, heroes, and units alike. The issue where the Traitors Completion and InCompletion in Scoreboard would appear at the same time has been fixed. It now functions properly.
  • V.1.2. Released - Fixed the issue where Mal'Ganis spawns in the water and added triggers in-case he does. Updated the horses (two were un-savable) and moved their locations. Cavalry quest should now function properly. The Containment Squad will now speak when clicked on to show what they think about the Culling of Stratholme. They have also blocked the other western entrance of Stratholme now. Captain Marwyn will now patrol in the player's base and when he dies, he will be revived at the Resurrection stone not far away from it. The Stock for the Command Posts have been updated for all the units for their balance and so that now it's equal. Updated the issue where the Wizards had the Chaplains DISBTN Icons and Chaplains had none. Their icons now function properly.
  • V.1.1. Released - If there are any bugs. Will update. With permission from CloudWolf to the users and I quote "Everything I make is open-source so your welcome to use my resources for any purpose". With this opportunity given. Arthas Menethil's skin has been updated along with Falric's cape. Special thanks to the member Lockheart for making this possible.
Information: A remake of the Scourge of Lordaeron campaign with my own ideas, systems, and other various custom material added made for 2Players specifically. The plan of my campaigns are usually to make both players special in some sort of a way. For example: Both having their own units, structures, upgrades, and more. To make the Campaign maps harder to play and more interesting. This campaign will be made before the Curse of the Blood Elves. Characters that appeared in the novel will be added such as "Falric, Marwynn, Thassarian, and Luc Valonforth". The captains will be recognizable and not confusing anymore. This map is originally made by Blizzard Entertainment for Warcraft 3: The Reign of Chaos Campaign's called The Scourge of Lordaeron. However, in the beta Blizzard removed some of it's content. Such as the Duelist and some other material in it's future maps. I used this and implemented it into the game. They even didn't feature the full name of Arthas in it and divide the captains that served under Arthas. Even this was added to the game. Their campaign felt as if it didn't capture the Humans much as it did in the Novel. This map features also my new sort of difficulty. Hints that are meant to be divided are and will only display on the screen to the player who requires it. Quests shall now reward both heroes of both players and the enemy sides will be more harder in "Hard Mode" to defeat. Description of the Player's Armies:
Player 1 plays with Prince Arthas Menethil, the son of King Terenas Menethil the Second. Arthas Menethil gathers another Captain by the name of Luc Valonforth along with Player 2's Hero, Captain Falric, in order to investigate a strange plague spreading throughout Northern Lordaeron. After discovering who was behind this plague, or who they at least think are behind it. The two sides and heroes proceed to Andorhal to stop the one they suspect of being the leader of the newly rising dead. Only to find out that there is more to that in their lost land of Andorhal. The Cult of the Damned get defeated and the Alliance move on to Hearthglen that was attacked heavily the March of the Undead Scourge. Angered by what happened and who was responsible, Arthas' Forces managed to defend Hearthglen and he left a small portion of his group behind to ensure it's safety. However, a dark and grim fate awaits the Alliance as Arthas' first descent into madness will be revealed in Stratholme...
Description of the Undead Scourge:
The Undead Scourge have been heavily upgraded in this map. They once more appear as the Main Antagonists and are lead by Salramm, the Fleshcrafter, and Meathook, the Impaler. The Undead Scourge serve as the personal guard of the Shadow Reavers who are ensuring that the Alliance do not disturb their take over of Stratholme and that it finally belongs to the Scourge.
Description of the Shadow Reavers:
The Shadow Reavers are the Undead Elite Guard that serve under the devious Dreadlord, Mal'Ganis, and therefore are the Dreadlord Loyaltists. Those that followed the side lore of the the Bloodhill Clan will know that these poor souls were once members of the Bloodhill Clan that were hounded by the Undead Scourge and suffered a terrible corruption from the Alliance. This lead them to split into two factions, the Alliance and the Shadow Reavers. The Shadow Reavers are lead by Lord Devine Dragunov who has accepted Arkus Winterchill's call to ally his forces and therefor making Mal'Ganis as their leader. The Shadow Reavers marched upon Hearthglen, but now also march upon Stratholme as the Dreadlord's Elite Guard to ensure all the citizens within belong to the Dreadlord.
Description of Enemy Shout Sounds:
My newest feature to my type of a 2Player Campaign maps. The Enemy Shout sounds are heard by normal units and heroic units of the enemies. When a Ghoul or Necromancer spawn. A sound will be heard from each of them. For example. If a Crypt finished training a Crypt Fiend. He'd spawn and a sound would be heard playing from him that goes like "For the Spider Kingdom!". When the Necromancers cast spells. They will shout words at you that will be heard like sounds. Such as "Tremble before the Scourge!". Many heroes do this as well and play their own various sounds. Each enemy now seems more special then before.
Description of New Cinematic!:
Menag was once a farmer of Westfall who moved to Lordaeron to start a swell life. He began his own farm, but something was amiss. The orcs invaded his farmstead during the second war and destroyed Blackwood. A residence Menag lived in and had a nearby farmstead at. Menag seemingly blamed the elves of the Alliance for letting a small battalion of orcs slip away from their attacking force and then burning Blackwood to the ground. He even reported this to the field investigators that confirmed this and demanded for the elves to answer for their "failed aid". Menag demanded the title deed of his burned farm and the insurance cowering it signed by Alliance officials themselves. He even offered to rebuild Blackwood and to start anew. The Alliance were preoccupied with war at that time and they considered Menag's request nothing but bother at that time. Outraged by everything he lost. Menag packed up and left Blackwood. He started his clan of bandits that were much like himself: "Abandoned and Forgotten by their own people." The Bloodhill Bandits cowered all routes of Lordaeron's roads. They did not only pray upon the Invading Orcish Horde, but the Alliance themselves. The Bloodhill Bandits were becoming larger and larger with each passing day. To this day the Bloodhill Bandits blame the Alliance for how they treated their own people and let them slip down the dark road they had to. Menag, a bandit lord of the Bloodhill Bandits, robbed the farmer Gerard and his wife Matilda when Arthas was near Strahnbrad. Menag stole Gerard's ledger, full of vital information regarding the estate of the local farmer. Without the ledger, Gerard would lose his farm. Menag then fled with his men across a river as he saw Prince Arthas, a paladin, approaching. Arthas hunted Menag down at the request of Gerard, killed Menag and his band, and got the ledger back. After the death of their leader, Menag, and their secondary leader, Benedict. The Bloodhill Bandits' finest members struggled for leadership among their ranks. With the sudden appearance of the Undead Scourge and the Cult of the Damned. The Bloodhill Bandits have become hounded by the rising dead. Captain Falric's followers are made out of privateers, criminals that were once bad and now turned good. The Alliance gathered most of the Clan's members. However, the other members under the leadership of Menag Dragunov's brother, Devine, had meet up with Arkus Winterchill and allied their forces with them for new promises of a brighter and darker future. Thus, the Shadow Reavers were formed. But how powerful were the Bloodhill Clan in their lifetime? How manipulative were they? How loyal were they? I am proud to present another brand cinematic voiced by Divine Arms and we hope once again that you enjoy it, as we enjoyed making it.
Description of the Gameplay and More:
Ladies and Gentlemen, the entire Stratholme has been overhauled by Heinvers and I am proud to say the terrain does no longer look like a backyard, but it looks like a city you will all enjoy culling. New sections of this bright and wonderful city are now available. Stratholme has become thriving. Upon entering the game, there is no longer that "Build" buildings feature, but Command Posts in which you will quickly hire your units once available. In order to make it realistic and that Arthas doesn't build a fortress in front of Stratholme, this was implemented, and it was implemented so it has a cooler feature and that it becomes different from the other maps. A Containment Squad has been added that will safeguard Stratholme from fleeing citizens. You will get to rescue horses that you can mount with Footmen for your side quest, you will have another in which you have to kill the three very same people that are featured in our cinematic, and perhaps you can cull the city quick. But can you get a perfect scoreboard 3/3 as you can do that? Well, let's find out! The unused sound of the Necromancer will be used once you attack Salramm, the Fleshcracter. Arthas will ask for forgiveness upon entering Stratholme, making it so chilling and interesting. When you destroy city buildings, you will hear the voices and confusion of the citizens in their last moments before they were killed. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the new and improved, "Culling of Stratholme".
Credits:
The credits go to Blizzard Entertainment for making the map in the first place.
Edited, made for two players, and everything else - Pyraeus.
Custom Model/Skins/Icons - Caeyra, 67chrome, assassin_lord, takakenji, CloudWolf, Lockheart, Pyraeus, PlankingWolf, Darkfang, and Tranquil.
AI Edit - Daffa, the Mage
New Cinematic Voiced By - Divine Arms.
New Stratholme Terrain and Cinematic Loading Screen By - Heinvers
Script for Zombie Culling for Player2 - The Spoon (Couldn't fix it myself, so I borrowed his. I still have to give credit, right? I hate credits...)
Testers - Pyraeus, Shar Dundred, Yousef, Edge45, and Verb8im.

[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture98078.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture98081.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture98086.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture98094.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture98106.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture98101.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture98102.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture98107.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
[/TD]
[tab=Other]

Keywords:
Altered Melee, Campaign, 2Player Campaign, 2P Campaign, Scourge of Lordaeron, 2Player: Scourge of Lordaeron, The Culling of Stratholme, Defense/Surviv[/tab]
Contents

2Player: Human06 (Map)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b 20:29, 21st May 2015 Map Moderated - 2Player: Human06 Comment - Shar Dundred's Review Verdict - Approved, 4/5 Other [TR]Map Submission Rules Staff Contact The Hive's StaffMap Reviewers Description Tutorials
Level 11
I hope you all enjoy the Culling of Stratholme. I'd like to give very special thanks to Heinvers and Divine Arms for the effort they put in to make a lot more interesting.

EDIT: Also, if someone can tell me how to un-minimize that "map review" thing. It's larger here. o_O

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Map: 2Player: Human06
Version: 1.20
Review
by Shar Dundred

Terrain
I was pretty surprised when I saw the new city of Stratholme. I've always felt like there was no "real" city in WarCraft 3 and it was a pleasure seeing how it was changed. Absolutely beatifully designed, in my opinion.
The new cinematic fitted perfectly into the campaign and added a great atmosphere. Also, adding voices when buildings are being destroyed? Seeing this made me think "How comes they all die/turn into undead silently in the Blizzard campaign?".
A great enhancement overall, in my opinion.

5/5

Story
Well, I doubt that I have to say anything about the standard lore, so I'll just talk about the things you added. Everyone should already know about the whole Blizzard lore.
I really enjoyed reading through the custom lore you've added in the description. The voice acting was great, in my opinion, even though I personaly would've expected that Dragonuv's voice was a bit darker, due to his little "change". Still, I really enjoyed watching this. It was very interesting and well made, in my honest opinion. I'm looking forward seeing more of it.
The following cinematic has been implemented nicely.
---
UPDATED
---
I loved what you did with Marwyn. He's not useless anymore. Also, both he and his followers have random lines when being selected. My favorite was this one: "Some men were laughing at me. They wanted me to keep guard here. They're brave, sire." since both me and my friend laughed at Marwyn when we player yesterday - just as I stated in my last review. I see what you did here and like it.

Overall it was very good and enjoyable.

4/5

Gameplay
Instead of building a base and slowly recruiting and upgrading units, you hire them like mercenaries. This was a welcome change, since I personally disliked the whole base thing in the original Chapter Six. It also reminded me a bit of Chapter 8 of the original.
The new units for both the players (since both could hire from each mercenary camp) and the enemy were well-made and inserted.
You've removed the Mal'ganis error and now it worked without any problems for me. Nothing more to add here.

4/5

Overall
I really enjoyed playing this map. The new side story fits into the scenario, along with the rest of the custom story you've created, the terrain enhancements are wonderful. The difficulty and new units for both sides were very fitting as well.
Now that all issues have been fixed, I see absolutely no reason not to approve this map.

4/5
Vote for Approval!

Suggestions/Bugs

Also, although this isn't really important, I played Chapter Five again, to remind myself of the story, and Dragunov used the lines from this chapter (most likely due to the fact that they have the same names, I didn't open the editor to look at it), so it might be a good idea to rename the sound files. This isn't really important since restarting the game fixes this, just wanted to mention it.

Last edited:
Level 11
I will update it as soon as possible, but first I got to figure out why he spawns underwater with his group. He is set to pick random specific regions, but he chooses a complete other region that isn't even apart of the triggers. I wish I knew a triggerer who could aid me, but don't rate further, yes, until I fix it. Thank you for the review, helps a lot.

Level 11
This looks really cool! I think the Arthas skin looks a bit derpy though, I like the original better. Why not use Direfury's model? I think that would look a lot better.
I am glad you asked. Because if I did that, the model would stand out a lot from the others (to some people).

On other note Arthas, just like the model of your Grommash Hellscream, is missing an specific cinematic animation. "Frostmourne lands before his feet" for the Chapter 09: Frostmourne's cinematic is an animation. Grommash model is missing "I drink from fountain cinematic" animation and "I turn chaotic animation", for example. If you guys put in the cinematic animations, I'd most likely use it.