• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2Player: Human01

Reactions: Kenshi1007
2Player: The Scourge of Lordaeron Campaign
Created by Blizzzard Entertainment. Edited by Pyraeus and Zevry. Inspired by the work of Whitewolf8.

Description

Screenshots

Other

[TD]
Chapter One: The Defense of Strahnbrad Recent orc uprisings in southern Lordaeron have forced the Alliance to take decisive measures. To contain the orcish threat, King Terenas Menethil the Second has sent two of the realm's greatest paladins - his son, Prince Arthas Menethil, and the legendary Uther the Lightbringer - to deal with the orcs once and for all. Note - Use the /AForce and /AVision command as well in game. Read the intro show up.

Features:
  • Passive Constant Abilities
  • Units Upgraded and New Added
  • Triggers Upgraded
  • Runes, along with New Items, added
  • Choose between Three Difficulty Modes in Game.
  • New Quest Rewards
  • /AForce and /AVision command
  • New Hero for Player 2 (Captain Falric)
  • New Spells for Players
  • Trivias after People featured in Game

Changelog:
All Updates
  • V.1.9. Update - Fixed Captain Falric's Learning Button Positions, fixed the log bridge in which legs sank half way for unknown reasons, and added a reference in game to honor "Verb8im". Big thanks to you, bug explorer.
  • V.1.8. Update - Updated the Gnoll Hostile units for the Timmy Quest. Now there are extra gnolls and they are lead by a Warden. Added my "Select Unit" feature, more information below. Bosses will now say their custom quotes within the game upon lowering their health and first encountering them. The entire map has received a great terrain overhaul. Farms updated and seem more friendlier bulking with life, such as: plants, hay, grass, shrubs, corn, sheep, horses, crates and much more. Bloodhill Bandits' Base Camp and Bloodhill River now actually seem dark like any bandit base should. Filled with thrash, treasure, barrels, crates, barricades, and more. The River has extra corpses added below, while the entrance is marked with corpses impaled on a stick with crates around them as a warning to all who approach the Bloodhill Bandits. The farmer Gerard and his wife, Matilda's, farm can now be seen in game right behind where they stand. Strahnbrad has received a major update as well. It's Graveyard has been updated, it's gate, and the village walls as well. There are three new sections added in Strahnbrad, which also means that most of it's buildings have been updated as well within. Two are alleyways, while the last is the Inner Sanctum that can be accessed when the Blackrock Clan destroy the Household to the north of Strahnbrad. Added new playable units, added a few new Blackrock enemy units, added a new Blackrock Clan Hero called "Fenris'ar Gul", and new villagers that flee the scene from another party attack of Raiders. Added a hint for the Fountain of Mana and Difficulty greatly increased.
  • V.1.7. Update - Blackrock Clan, Bloodhill Bandits, and Hostile Units all updated. Bloodhill Bandit's hero Menag has been renamed to "Menag Dragunov" with his model also being changed into an unique appearance. Benedict received an unique model to describe his psychopathic appearance. Female Archer bandits added to foreshadow future events of the campaign. Brigands added for ambush points to use all the models of the bandits. The bandits will now have another ambush point in order to protect their leader. Blackrock Clan will attack the playable heroes from the graveyard upon reaching Strahnbrad. Captain Falric has received a new unique ability called "Steam Engineered Shield" that replaces his previous replacement of the "Critical Strike". Added Scoreboard that will appear on the end of the map once completed. Difficulty greatly increases and for this the Fountain of Mana will appear in all three difficulties, instead of just Hard.
  • V.1.6. Update - Added new look fitting for the Blackrock Clan's units. Updated hero's passive abilities. Falric's critical strike now deals 4 times the more damage, while Arthas' old spell, "Fortified Will", has been replaced with a brand new one called "Light's Embrace". Passive abilities now no longer cost mana, but have a long cooldown duration. Fountain of Power replaced with Fountain of Mana on Hard Difficulty. Blackrock Warlocks have increased attack damage. Arthas can now heal himself with Holy Light as well. Introduction color code added and the "The Defense of Strathnbrad" is now marked in blue color.
  • V.1.5. Update - Command Aura fixed. Tool tips should no longer screw up.
  • V.1.4. Update - Updated Axeman. The Slavemaster drops "Helm of Battlethirst" now upon death.
  • V.1.3. Update - Added Enemy Shout Sounds. Read below for more information.
  • V.1.2. Update - With permission from CloudWolf to the users and I quote "Everything I make is open-source so your welcome to use my resources for any purpose". With this opportunity given. Arthas Menethil's skin has been updated along with Falric's cape. Special thanks to the member Lockheart for making this possible. Map name is now seen as "2Player: Human01 instead of 2P: Human01 and updated map description on the hive workshop.
  • V.1.1. Released - If there are any bugs. Will update.
Information: A remake of the Scourge of Lordaeron campaign with my own ideas, systems, and other various custom material added made for 2Players specifically. The plan of my campaigns are usually to make both players special in some sort of a way. For example: Both having their own units, structures, upgrades, and more. To make the Campaign maps harder to play and more interesting. This campaign will be made before the Curse of the Blood Elves. Characters that appeared in the novel will be added such as "Falric, Marwynn, Thassarian, and Luc Valonforth". The captains will be recognizable and not confusing anymore. This map is originally made by Blizzard Entertainment for Warcraft 3: The Reign of Chaos Campaign's called The Scourge of Lordaeron. However, in the beta Blizzard removed some of it's content. Such as the Duelist and some other material in it's future maps. I used this and implemented it into the game. They even didn't feature the full name of Arthas in it and divide the captains that served under Arthas. Even this was added to the game. Their campaign felt as if it didn't capture the Humans much as it did in the Novel. This map features also my new sort of difficulty. Hints that are meant to be divided are and will only display on the screen to the player who requires it. Quests shall now reward both heroes of both players and the enemy sides will be more harder in "Hard Mode" to defeat. Description of the Player's Armies:
Player 1 plays with Prince Arthas Menethil, the son of King Terenas Menethil the Second. Arthas Menethil is the Prince of Lordaeron that gathers Player 2's Captain Falric and his men for a mission to Strahnbrad. Player 2 plays with Captain Falric and his group of redeemed privateers that serve under Arthas Menethil. Both players are sent to meet up with Uther the Lightbringer after their scouts inform them of the devious acts of the Blackrock Clan.
Description of the Blackrock Clan:
The Blackrock Clan have been updated in this map. With the Warlocks also being featured in it. Gar'derak, the Slavemaster, has now become a hero and a boss who will not fall easily unlike in the original campaign. Since there are two heroes. This feature was added. In the intervening years between the Second War and Third War, the Blackrock clan became a major problem for the Alliance. A faction in Lordaeron under the leadership of Jubei'thos re-embraced their demon-worshipping heritage, staged raids on a number of defenseless Alliance towns, and sacrificed their villagers to the Legion. They did this because their warlocks told them that demons would rain from the skies and the world would burn. The Blackrock Clan invade Strahnbrad. The very town the Alliance are send to defend against them.
Description of the Bloodhill Bandits:
The Bloodhill Bandits are minor antagonists featured during the Defense of Strahnbrad chapter and have been heavily re-modified. Their leader and commander have become heroes. Benedict's difficulty changes no matter what chapter is chosen and Menag Dragunov has become much stronger. If one wants to kill Menag Dragunov in Hard mode. It's recommended that they use the Spirit Link not far from the bandit's base before they encounter him.
Description of Enemy Shout Sounds:
My newest feature to my type of a 2Player Campaign maps. The Enemy Shout sounds are heard by normal units and heroic units of the enemies. When a Ghoul or Necromancer spawn. A sound will be heard from each of them. For example. If a Crypt finished training a Crypt Fiend. He'd spawn and a sound would be heard playing from him that goes like "For the Spider Kingdom!". When the Necromancers cast spells. They will shout words at you that will be heard like sounds. Such as "Tremble before the Scourge!". Many heroes do this as well and play their own various sounds. Each enemy now seems more special then before.
Description of Player's Scoreboard:
Scoreboard is a feature added for my campaign type maps. As a War is being Crafted within the game. The Scoreboard follows whether the player missed or accomplished all the goals needed to be done. These goals will commonly be about completing the war by destroying all enemy armies as possible, bosses, and finding secrets within the map. If the hero doesn't find the secret, or accomplish a single goal he/she had to do. The information of what they failed or completed will display in the end of the map.
Description of Select Unit:
Select Unit is a feature I added long ago within the "By Demons Be Driven" map on the Hive Workshop. If some played my map before and clicked on the white wolf in the map, they will entirely know what this is. The Select Unit feature is about selecting friendly nearby units that will then reply in a text message to you. Usually greeting you, telling you something you might want to know, and basically making them seem quite alive. When one unit is selected, it will take 2.50 seconds in order to talk to another village/townsfolk again.
Credits:
The credits go to Blizzard Entertainment for making the map in the first place.
Edited, made for two players, and everything else - Pyraeus.
Custom Model/Skins - takakenji, assassin_lord, Tranquil, Cloudwolf, chr2, Rommel, Stanakin, RightField, Mr. Bob, and Lockheart.
Custom Icons - Pyraeus and takakenji.
Bug Fixes done by - Hell Master (Special thanks)
Testers - Heinvers, Forsaken, and Pyraeus.

[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture90624.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture90622.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture90657.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture79515.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture90655.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture90643.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture90651.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
199530-albums7119-picture90635.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
[/TD]
[tab=Other]

Keywords:
Altered Melee, Two Player Campaign, 2Player Campaign, Melee, Defense/Survival, Offense, Strategy/Risk, Campaign, The Scourge of Lordaeron,[/tab]
Contents

2Player: Human01 (Map)

Reviews
08:02, 23rd Feb 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 3/5 (Acceptable). See my review here for more information:

M

08:02, 23rd Feb 2014
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 3/5 (Acceptable). See my review here for more information:

Hell_Master;2490413 said:
Review emerges!

I have played your 2P campaign map: Human 01 and I must say it looks good and all. You made some good changes without changing much of what Blizzard originally made or damaging some important parts of the map. Though there is a typo in the 3rd spell of Captain Falric, the color code of the "Level" text is broken. Also, there could be a little difference with the Footman and Axeman except being a model change only. I would suggest make the Axeman's attack much more higher than the Footman but his armor lower than the Footman so they can have some advantages in battle if you'll ask me.

Others looks fine and all but maybe you could have added some award or rewards on killing the Slave Master; may it be an item or gold for later use or on next parts of your map.

Anyway, rated 3/5 and Approved.

Level 10
Was expecting something other than Captain Falric, but still cool.
But anyways, I love that you made Menag a hero, and added new units. I always expect something awesome out of these.
Can't wait to play this.

Level 30
Review emerges!

I have played your 2P campaign map: Human 01 and I must say it looks good and all. You made some good changes without changing much of what Blizzard originally made or damaging some important parts of the map. Though there is a typo in the 3rd spell of Captain Falric, the color code of the "Level" text is broken. Also, there could be a little difference with the Footman and Axeman except being a model change only. I would suggest make the Axeman's attack much more higher than the Footman but his armor lower than the Footman so they can have some advantages in battle if you'll ask me.

Others looks fine and all but maybe you could have added some award or rewards on killing the Slave Master; may it be an item or gold for later use or on next parts of your map.

Level 11
Review emerges!

Ideas taken and much approved. Map edited by your suggestions. However, the color code. No matter how I implement it. The color of the spell just won't change. Try it yourself.

Level 24
Ok, here's my thingy: :>

Screenshots

HdzNGsY.jpg
Pq9Yck2.jpg
lSPIr9c.jpg
FqNLzGF.jpg
Baii18T.jpg
3fMFH35.jpg
Y1beudF.jpg
tV70Cpn.jpg
FwFQhvD.jpg
Ooq6L7n.jpg
A6UsmwP.jpg
DirJbwC.jpg
Suggestions:

* Fix some type errors like when entering Strahnbrad, where the orcs will say "He's escaping!, kill him!". It doubles, (check screenshot)
* The warlock skin looks unfitting right now, perphaps its better to use the default
* Arthas face or portrait skin makes him look like an old Llane or Varian was it, I kinda like him being his normal face
* Add some hidden items from the map to make it a little good
* Can I make a portrait of your Benedict model?
------------------
Note: These are suggestions, so you can either do it or not it depends on you, except for the first part
Score: 4/5

Level 11
Ok, here's my thingy: :>

Screenshots

HdzNGsY.jpg
Pq9Yck2.jpg
lSPIr9c.jpg
FqNLzGF.jpg
Baii18T.jpg
3fMFH35.jpg
Y1beudF.jpg
tV70Cpn.jpg
FwFQhvD.jpg
Ooq6L7n.jpg
A6UsmwP.jpg
DirJbwC.jpg
Suggestions:

* Fix some type errors like when entering Strahnbrad, where the orcs will say "He's escaping!, kill him!". It doubles, (check screenshot)
* The warlock skin looks unfitting right now, perphaps its better to use the default
* Arthas face or portrait skin makes him look like an old Llane or Varian was it, I kinda like him being his normal face
* Add some hidden items from the map to make it a little good
* Can I make a portrait of your Benedict model?
------------------
Note: These are suggestions, so you can either do it or not it depends on you, except for the first part
Score: 4/5
Let me tell you in kind reply this.

1. Thanks for testing my maps. I lately realized you are an old war3 style fan. I appreciate the test you do and the suggestions you make.
Also, make sure you test my latest version I released a moment ago.

2. The Grunt's sound will play only one time, but his lousy text "sometimes" and to some "rarely" appears twice. This issue is unknown why and I'm still wondering why the hell why. I'll try to figure it out, but still even a problem in the latest version.

3. The Blackrock Clan are seen usually in game as Pitch-Black, Pitch-Green, or Pitch-Gray skinned orcs. In the original they were described as dark-green skin orcs with glowing red eyes that signifies that they still had the blood of the demons. In WoW, it was somewhat different. As many were seen with very dark and black skin. I thought of the same deal of leaving the unit to it's original, but then decided to change it to foreshadow the events of my future plans of my 2Player Campaigns. The normal Warlock look will be featured for the New Horde that is playable during 2Player: Exodus of the Horde Campaign and 2Player: The Invasion of Kalimdor, while the Blackrock Clan would have it's own fitting Warlock that would seem way ugly and demonic that the humans would see in their eyes as a monster to not only hate for their past with the orcs, but because of their looks and evil invasions.

4. Arthas' new texture then wouldn't fit his face appearance well. I don't mind the new one much.

5. Secret materials and other stuff will be added in later maps that I plan to make, but items wouldn't be that for a good reason. If I overflew the items in every chapter by a lot... it would kill not only my brain cells, but that of the inventory. Secrets would be areas or even units that you would click on. Then something would pop out as a reward, or maybe not. Depends on what kind of a secret it is. But in every map there is a reference to someone. Including in this one.

6. The Benedict model isn't mine and that is what you have to ask the original model maker for permission. If he grants you it and you have time to spare. Go ahead and do it.

P.S:
Thanks Ragnoras and Edge for your suggestions and ideas. Keep it up and hope to hear more from you both. Also, I wanted to tell ALL who in the future plan to comment on the new terrain. I didn't want to make it feel special and kept to the old "War3 style" terrain. In the Human Campaign I plan to make the maps as "Lordaeron Kingdom-ish" as possible for the players to see the Alliance in a more advanced holy image of their former selves. So therefor when the undead come into the picture and corrupt the land for the players. I want the players to see how much the Alliance lost from the war due to such corruption and how much the land changed due to the Scourge's arrival. Which will be even more surprising when I released the Undead Campaign. xD

Level 2
Fun map! If anyone is having trouble taking out Menag (bandit that stole the ledger) on hard difficulty, here's a tip: Use a hero to make Menag follow you all the to the starting location. Up there is a level 10 hero with 6 auras, and he's invincible. He can help you with the fight if he is near Menag.

40491567_301536317325285_7241828401705648128_n.png

Last edited: