• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2P Campaign: Sentinel 01

Sentinels Campaign: Terror of the Tides
Based on the work of The-Spoon and Blizzard Entertainment.

Chapter One: Rise of the Naga
"Though the demonlord, Archimonde, and the Burning Legion were finally defeated at the Battle of Mount Hyjal, much of Ashenvale Forest remains tainted by foul, demonic energies. The combined efforts of both the druids and the Sentinels have brought a tenuous peace to the northlands, but dark creatures still lurk within the shadowed woods. In this perilous time, Maiev Shadowsong, the warden who once guarded Illidan’s barrow prison, has come forth to hunt her dangerous prey--and chain him once again beneath the cold earth."

General Changes: Features Warden Saithis as the second hero. / Features a shared powerups system. (See Useful Links for more information.) / You can choose from two difficulties: Normal and Insane.

Insane Mode: Some enemy units are replaced with a more powerful unit. / Illidan's Naga have more powerful upgrades. / Some runes are removed or replaced with less powerful ones. / The Fountain of Life is replaced with a Defiled Fountain of Life.

Important Information: The 2 Player Campaign is a concept first brought to Warcraft III by The-Spoon. The idea is to convert the original maps of Blizzard Entertainment so that it can be played by two people. The-Spoon, however, only wishes to complete the Reign of Chaos campaigns. Therefore, I have decided to do the Sentinel campaign.

Useful Links: You can view the full list of credits here. / You can read the complete list of systems, mechanics and commands here. / If you want to be notified automatically when a new map of the 2 player campaign is released, subscribe to the thread found here.
This version recognizes the loading codes generated by version 1.00 maps as valid. / The heroes' levels, stats and skills are now displayed at the start and end of the map using a Multiboard. / Saithis now has an ultimate. / Twilight Guardian now lists its damage and hit point values correctly. / Saithis' hotkeys finalized. (Blade Shield; Shift; Summon Twilight Guardian; Maiden of Pain) / A severe issue that allowed players to skip cinematics prematurely has been fixed./ The maps now use a higher resolution map preview so as to look better when uploaded to the Hiveworkshop. / Some previously closed AI player slots are now restored.
A minor glitch with Blade Shield corrected.
13 April, 2011
A minor cosmetic adjustment to when the game begins. / A slight difficulty adjustment. / The Burning Ships quest now uses a Multiboard instead of a Leaderboard.
22 May, 2011
Blade Shield now spawns correctly. / A typo in the learn tooltip of Blade Shield fixed. / Maiden of Pain replaced by Eclipse. / Twilight Guardian reworked. / Saithis has a new icon.
Special thanks to indomitable1319!
14 July, 2011
The Fountain of Life properly gets replaced on Insane. / Fixed a serious issue with Twilight Guardians that could sometimes create permanent units. / Summons can no longer be raised by Twilight Guardians. / Fixed a number of visual and audio glitches and problems.
Special thanks to KhalanDuriant!
14 August, 2013
Updated the lobby interface to better show which heroes you'll be playing.
3 January, 2019
Fixed crashes at the beginning and end of the game on newer patches.

Keywords:
2, player, campaign, sentinel, terror, of, the, tides, rise, of, the, naga, chapter, one, saithis, maiev
Contents

2P Campaign: Sentinel 01 (Map)

Reviews
11:37, 2nd Apr 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
The Sentinel Campaign created by McQvaBlood is completely supported by me and the 2P Campaign hosted forum on hiveworkshop.

The maps are of good quality as mine, and if you like the series - be sure to have a play!

Go for it McQvaBlood, and thanks for taking up this part of the campaigns!

Level 1
Well,it is surprising to see another editor making 2p campaigns.To be honest,i was shocked when i first saw the map.Anyway,i hope it gives the same joy which i got from TheSpoon's maps,good luck.

Level 1
Hi, awesome map but i found a bug, When blade shield is used the word warden appears 6 times on the left side of the screen. also near the start the time of day was stuck at 19:09 im not sure if this happens in the normal campaign but i thought it was strange.

Level 18
Agility. Also, I have no idea why the map previews keep disappearing. I have reuploaded a version that used to work and even that will not work now. I will contact a moderator once I get home, it's a pain to type on this phone.

This map is now updated to version 1.02.
Read the Changelog for the complete list of changes.

Last edited:
Level 18
This map is now updated to version 1.03.

As always, feel free to contact me via PM or on the hosted project forums to tell me your suggestions and feedback.

EDIT (14 July, 2011)
This map is now updated to version 1.04.

Last edited:
Level 2
Bug: From the middle of the map, just after you slaughter the first lot of naga you can blink to the FINALE of the map where ILLIDAN is waiting to board his ship. From here you can slaughter all of the naga and illidan if you so wish before you even reach that area (as the event trigger hasn't happened yet).

Fix Needed: You need to edit the shoreline so you cannot blink to the bottom edge of the final section or add some trees to prevent being able to blink there.

Why this is needed: There are several 'bonus' items found by blinking around onto coastal islands. It is very easy to mistake the final peninsula as another bonus island and therefore enter it and possibly get 'stuck' (hard to blink back out) by mistake as this is what happened to me. Since the mission is fail on death, it is very possible to die while trying to blink back (I was 1 hit away from death).

Other changes: The islands leading to where the 'Corrupted Tree of Life' could also use and extra rune of mana as I found myself sitting there waiting for regen.

Final Comments: All in all a good map. Leaves me wondering why you didn't just choose NAISHA as the player 2 Character.

Level 18
First of all, a big thanks for these much needed reviews. I see the devotion in you that I have for TheSpoon's maps and that's a great thing. However, I ask you to post bugs and reviews in the hosted project forums found here. It is much easier to keep track of what I've fixed and what I changed if it is in one place. It would also eliminate the need for six seperate discussions and constantly repeating myself.

I'm pretty sure I haven't touched any of the terrain. Even the Corrupted Tree of Life's island was placed on the map by Blizzard, I just added the boss there. It would be great if you could attach a screenshot of the bug happening. A known cause would be if you disabled the fog of war, which can normally only be done by using cheats, however, local area network games have that as a setting.

The subject of Naisha's not becoming a hero was discussed here, but let me also quote myself:
@Lich Prince
I cannot use Naisha as the custom hero. Though I originally thought it would inevitably be that way, but...
  • We need a custom hero for five levels. (Six, since then.) I do not wish to create and code two custom heroes.
  • Naisha dies halfway through the third map and I do not wish to ruin the lore by somehow saving her.
  • I couldn't come up with an at least halfway intelligent method of introducing a new custom hero right after Maiev claims that all her sisters have perished. Instead, the custom Warden hero will have an ability that resembles Blink and simply escapes with her.

Level 2
Ahh in that case I understand not using Naisha then. I totally forgot she dies :p

How do I post a screen shot? Does this forum support embedded IMGUR?

Level 1
Having some difficultly finding the TFT Sential maps in the hive, where is the master page for the 2p tft campaign?

Can't wait to try this out, was floored when i found out this project was in motion!

Level 1
Thanks Skasian,

I did find the pages after some searching, i was just being special. Despite that though i do really appreciate it.

Can't wait to try it out with my brother.

Keep up the great work guys!!

-Matthew

Level 1
Hello there,
Me and my girlfriend have started to play the 2P Campaign. IT IS AWESOME!!! We have reached the Sentinel Campaign and were frustrated by the fact that we couldn't share units between us. Usually she builds units/structures and I attack. Could you please tell us what trigger/function/variable should we modify in order to be able to share the units between us?
Thank you and keep up the good work!!
Shto