• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WotL - War of the Lords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
WotL - War of the Lords
Hero Arena
5x5
This is the legendary arena where best warriors fight for superiority.
Take part in an epic battle, destroy everyone standing in your way,
strike great god Anubis and become best of the best in War of The Lords!

Attachments

• WotL 0.01.rar
    4.1 MB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Level 7
very interesting and original map. here are some comments :

-most of the heroes had 0 at altars so couldn't hire them
-the abys priest - i didn't like him because he is a priest (even if his chaos), he should have some chaos healing/damaging spells (e.g. death coil spell has healing/damaging effect) not fire spells.
-found a bug, when i used soul eater's conversion spell (to convert a unit into a zombie) on the creeps at bottom/top left/right seems like the there will not respawn creeps anymore (cuz of the converted unit cannot be killed i think)
-terrain is good
-unique hero arena (battle mode)

one after another, can't w8 to see the full realese of this map. it rocks :D

Level 6
very interesting and original map. here are some comments :

-most of the heroes had 0 at altars so couldn't hire them
-the abys priest - i didn't like him because he is a priest (even if his chaos), he should have some chaos healing/damaging spells (e.g. death coil spell has healing/damaging effect) not fire spells.
-found a bug, when i used soul eater's conversion spell (to convert a unit into a zombie) on the creeps at bottom/top left/right seems like the there will not respawn creeps anymore (cuz of the converted unit cannot be killed i think)
-terrain is good
-unique hero arena (battle mode)

one after another, can't w8 to see the full realese of this map. it rocks :D

I'm very glad that you liked it))
-some heroes have 0 because they are not available in this version,forgot to close Lich))
-I'll think about priest:)
-I'm going to remake souleater's abilities,I think it'll be done in the next version,of course still beta.
If you find that some heroes are too powerfull or too weak then tell it and explain why,you'll help very much:)

{EDIT}
Please don't forget to leave feedback because it is very important to make WotL better!

Last edited:
Level 6
A quick piece of feedback: Please do increase the EXP gain rate for heroes. The gameplay is rather slow ATM.

I like the heroes, the are really interesting and cool xD. I've only tried 2 heroes and I will give more detailed feedback soon :)
I've already done it))
Try Dark Assasin,of my heroes I like him most of all:)
And I'll be very grateful if you advise WotL to your friends;)

Last edited:
Level 6
Well, there will be story for him that he was naga but was different from other and like that...Maybe I even will make dagord and him brothers=)

{EDIT 1}
I also need hero ideas,because there are not many heroes in the map=)
And I'm making some hero remakes:
Souleater
Priest of the Abbyss

So,if you have an idea then post it here ^^

{EDIT 2}
I don't know exactly when I'll make stable 0.01d,so I'll post some changes during the work=)
For example here is change in the center of map ^^

Old version:
b379966d279d30350f9f9486cdbcbbbc.png.htm
b379966d279d30350f9f9486cdbcbbbc.png

New version:
96977a3d9782c3e128181b96e2b1456c.png.htm
96977a3d9782c3e128181b96e2b1456c.png

Ingame screenshot of new version:
e84907cfc81019707a9cb2dc2fa827ec.png

Well,I was going to make many items, but had no time for this, only made shops in advance=)Maybe later I will make more items.

Last edited:
Level 6
Won't let me play it for some reason...
Well,what do you mean?=)
Looks quite a bit better with the floor design put in. Still a bit blank just because there aren't any doodads or anything like that BUT its an arena so it looks good.
Hmm,I don't think doodads will fit the battlefiled=)But I'll search for something suitable,if you find something then tell me=)

{EDIT}
Here is another change of center,I added archways:

188c4b51f327a4cc37ba26a44a1ab4f2.png

What do you think?=)

Last edited:
Level 15
Well,what do you mean?=)
Probably the 1.23-1.24 compatibility issue.

The terrain looks better now. I haven't been able to test your map since my computer crashed and I lost the 1.23 version files to do the version switching.

Anyway, I read somewhere that you can use Faux's Handle Vars or something instead of Katanna (spelling?) Handle Vars. I think it should fix the compatibility issue.

Level 6
Probably the 1.23-1.24 compatibility issue.

The terrain looks better now. I haven't been able to test your map since my computer crashed and I lost the 1.23 version files to do the version switching.

Anyway, I read somewhere that you can use Faux's Handle Vars or something instead of Katanna (spelling?) Handle Vars. I think it should fix the compatibility issue.
0.01d will be 1.24 compatible,I only need CustomStun system (see signature) and 2 or 3 spells to remake.I'm already making 0.01d on 1.24b warcraft=)

Last edited:
Level 6
It looks a lot better. Some reason the archways added a lot of atmosphere somehow.
Think so too=)And I made a small change right in the center and moved braziers(flames) to archways:

9cb7a08a1a0bbd4fb869b7a554ff31ed.png

I like it=)
Of course it's a small change,but still it changes the atmosphere=)
I think the "emblem" in the middle could even be an emblem for the map and loading screen,if somebody paints it beautifully ^^
Of course with some effects))

P.S. For those who wants to make emblem from a screenshot,here it is^^
I will try myself too,but anybody who is interested is welcome=)
c9d6e166d03d11ff1bc4cf91c7a8577e.jpg

Did my best to cut the emblem from picture,maybe it'll be easier for smb. to make from already-cutted=))Not well cutted,but still fittable for an emblem=)
e9dbc9166277850c99a125719252175f.jpg

{EDIT}
Well,I made a kind of emblem myself. I don't like it because it's too simple,still decided to post it here=)
5a2d2081ed73904dc1a1e28ae88e7820.jpg

Last edited:
Level 7
I read the description and it sounds unplayable.
plus i have 1.24 so i'm not going to try it :/

also you should write more about the gameplay.

Level 6
I read the description and it sounds unplayable.
plus i have 1.24 so i'm not going to try it :/

also you should write more about the gameplay.
1.It's playable for tests (like I said I need beta-testers)
2.It's not a problem,you can easily change your version with version switcher
3.It's hero arena with elements of other types (creeps,rounds with creeps,like that and some other features).You choose a hero,buy items and go for fight. There are "rooms" with neutrals,it's best to go there between rounds.
Rounds: creeps of team 1 and 2 go out of portals,when all creeps of any team die, creeps of other team disappear and every hero of that team receives gold,and timer for next round starts.
It's the main thing=)

Last edited:
Level 6
War of the Emperors lols
i just dont like "lords", imma write if i find something :D
:xxd:
Well,I'll wait=)
Next version will be much better and compatible with 1.23,1.24 and 1.24b (didn't test on other versions)
I just need 1 system and some spells which were removed do to compatibility changes...System request is in my signature.(vJASS request)

{EDIT 1}
Well,about the name...
Maybe smth. with word "Champions?"
I don't think that "War" sounds well with "Champions"=))))

{EDIT 2}
And if smb. finds Custom Stun system and spells Telura Beam and Chilling Wind or something that can be used like these ones then please give me the links to them^^
I'll post new version as soon as I receive these things (or as fast as possible after that)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 6
- What kind of Map Protection program do you use? Have you tried creating the unprotected version? (in lan)
I use Wc3 Map Optimizer 4.8
Old versions are not 1.24 compatible because of some systems I used.
Now I removed them,so next version will be both 1.23 and 1.24 compatible.
But still I need to find systems,which could work instead of the old ones (I've already written that:some spells and CustomStun system)
And I won't release unprotected version:grin:

Last edited:
Level 6
- Just try creating an unprotected map in lan, offline to see if it works. If it works then the problem is the map optimizer, where you have to uncheck 2 options that cause the problem to occur.
I check my map every time I make changes=)
And I've already told you what was the problem of 1.24 imcompatibility=)

Last edited:
Level 6
Here is another change in the terrain. I added some doodads in places between neutral camps:
692d11e4d2656c69dfd84b334eba5a52.jpg

What do you think? :grin:

{EDIT}

I also need ideas of 2 abilities for a hero.

Troll berserker, melee agility hero, model, for example, like Troll warlord in DotA=)
Abilities:
1 - Ensnare - Tyznakh captures the target in a net, making it unable to move for a period of time.
3 - Berserk rage - Tyznakh has a chance to fall in berserk rage with every attack, dramaticaly increasing his attack speed for 3 seconds.
Don't know what to do as 2nd and 4th abilities=(

{EDIT 2}
I attached unfinished 0.01d for testers,it's 1.24 compatible,and there are many changes,so if you want you can download the new one=)

Last edited:
Level 9
{EDIT}

I also need ideas of 2 abilities for a hero.

Troll berserker, melee agility hero, model, for example, like Troll warlord in DotA=)
Abilities:
1 - Ensnare - Tyznakh captures the target in a net, making it unable to move for a period of time.
3 - Berserk rage - Tyznakh has a chance to fall in berserk rage with every attack, dramaticaly increasing his attack speed for 3 seconds.
Don't know what to do as 2nd and 4th abilities=(
  1. Tip: Ensnare won't do any good for melee hero.
  2. Tip: It's best for a player to have a balance between passive and active abilities. e.g. A Hero can have 4 active abilities with long cooldown, or 2 active with average/low cooldown and 2 passive ones. But I suggest having a balance between active/passive cooldowns that vary from hero to hero according to his specialities.
  3. Tip: Don't use already used 100 times models/spells, try to be more original.

- I have no skills to offer for this kind of hero, only those tips. Sorry if that's not enough.

Level 6
  1. Tip: Ensnare won't do any good for melee hero.
  2. Tip: It's best for a player to have a balance between passive and active abilities. e.g. A Hero can have 4 active abilities with long cooldown, or 2 active with average/low cooldown and 2 passive ones. But I suggest having a balance between active/passive cooldowns that vary from hero to hero according to his specialities.
  3. Tip: Don't use already used 100 times models/spells, try to be more original.

- I have no skills to offer for this kind of hero, only those tips. Sorry if that's not enough.
1.The hero's main theme will be attack, so Ensnare helps to be more effective with an attack :p
2 and 3 - you know,I need offers of abilities themselves,but no how to imagine them=))I think 2 and 3 are more advices to you and others who wants to help :p =)And I was trying to be original from the beginning=)Of course not everything is original,but I did my best=)

Last edited:
Level 5
pros:

• [*]WotL 0.01d (Test) is compatible with the latest patch
    [*]Various game modes and options
    [*]Useful items and very easy to follow item recipes
    [*]Variety of balanced creeps
    [*]Creeps dissapear after each round (the map doesn't get over crowded)
    [*]I used The Archer of the Winds which had a good custom model/skin and relavent and useful abilities
neutral:

• [*]The hero selection taverns are in the centre of the map, does this mean the game does not start until everyone playing has selected their hero?

Best of luck with your map :)

Level 6
pros:

• [*]WotL 0.01d (Test) is compatible with the latest patch
    [*]Various game modes and options
    [*]Useful items and very easy to follow item recipes
    [*]Variety of balanced creeps
    [*]Creeps dissapear after each round (the map doesn't get over crowded)
    [*]I used The Archer of the Winds which had a good custom model/skin and relavent and useful abilities
neutral:

• [*]The hero selection taverns are in the centre of the map, does this mean the game does not start until everyone playing has selected their hero?

Best of luck with your map :)
Well,in later version I maybe will make different abilities for each creep race=)And may be some more modes.
And also will make a bit easier following of item recipes as well as more items=)
I'm going to remake Archer's 2nd ability,I think in completed 0.01d it'll be done=)
And yes,game starts only when all players choose their heroes (Don't like when it's not like that,like DotA)

{EDIT}
Found StunUnit system,will check bow if it's what I need=)

{EDIT 2}
Well,the system sucks,it only added special effect of stun,but didn't stun the unit((
So I still need this system...

Last edited:
Level 5
LexX: Well,in later version I maybe will make different abilities for each creep race=)And may be some more modes.
And also will make a bit easier following of item recipes as well as more items=)
I'm going to remake Archer's 2nd ability,I think in completed 0.01d it'll be done=)
And yes,game starts only when all players choose their heroes (Don't like when it's not like that,like DotA)

{EDIT}
Found StunUnit system,will check bow if it's what I need=)
Try to make your map unique in some ways.
Purhaps a scissors-paper-rock type thing where you can choose between 3 different creep races for each wave. And if you happen to choose the race that beats the opposition teams round you have a huge advantage for that round.
Or purhaps you could have some control over the unit ratios like choose to have 3 melee creeps and 10 archer creeps one round and the next you could choose to have 13 melee creeps and 1 pult creep.
Just throwing some ideas around, just watched some FF7 let's plays with a few Fort Condor battles which kind of influenced those suggestions hehe.

Level 6
Try to make your map unique in some ways.
Purhaps a scissors-paper-rock type thing where you can choose between 3 different creep races for each wave. And if you happen to choose the race that beats the opposition teams round you have a huge advantage for that round.
Or purhaps you could have some control over the unit ratios like choose to have 3 melee creeps and 10 archer creeps one round and the next you could choose to have 13 melee creeps and 1 pult creep.
Just throwing some ideas around, just watched some FF7 let's plays with a few Fort Condor battles which kind of influenced those suggestions hehe.
I think just making different abilities for each race of creeps will be ok:grin:

Level 6
I've stopped working on WotL because don't have enough free time.
Will return to work as soon as possible (if ANYBODY cares:cry:)

{EDIT}
Now I have time to work with this map,but I can't imagine anything...People, help!...

Last edited:
Level 15
Ok, I took some time and re-tested the map. I tried the test version and some things I noticed:
1) The multiboard doesn't show the hero icons properly.
2) Some of the heroes are out of stock; are they supposed to be work-in-progress? If so, I'd love to try some of them :D
3) The Doomguard dude's second skill is bugged. It only does 2 damage per second, from what I see. Is it supposed to deal 20 damage?
4) The damage text can get rather distracting when there are too much of it. I think it can be slightly smaller.
5) The vampire hero has many imported icons. 2 of which I find are rather unnecessary. I personally find the default icons good enough, but its up to you if you want to keep them :D
6) Most abilities have a level skip requirement of 5. I found it rather irritating but its ok, just somewhat sad that you have to use a skill of the same strength for about 10-15 minutes of the game.

I'll test the vampire hero (haven't tried his ultimate) and feedback.

EDIT: The vampire hero's Ultimate has some small things you could improve on:
Change the name and possibly the icon of Critical Strike to Killing Strike. I remember it being typed wrongly or something.
Metamorphosis buff should be replaced with a custom one named True Form.
Also, he could use some dark effects when he is in True Form, it would look nice :D
Otherwise, the Vampire is pretty fine. However, the lack of unique abilities is kinda disappointing. You could make Carrion Swarm cooler or something, add extra effect like healing the hero per unit hit or something.

Anyway, I hope you continue working on the map. I was rather busy the last few weeks preparing for my exam and working on my map and was unable to respond.

Level 6
Ok, I took some time and re-tested the map. I tried the test version and some things I noticed:
1) The multiboard doesn't show the hero icons properly.
2) Some of the heroes are out of stock; are they supposed to be work-in-progress? If so, I'd love to try some of them :D
3) The Doomguard dude's second skill is bugged. It only does 2 damage per second, from what I see. Is it supposed to deal 20 damage?
4) The damage text can get rather distracting when there are too much of it. I think it can be slightly smaller.
5) The vampire hero has many imported icons. 2 of which I find are rather unnecessary. I personally find the default icons good enough, but its up to you if you want to keep them :D
6) Most abilities have a level skip requirement of 5. I found it rather irritating but its ok, just somewhat sad that you have to use a skill of the same strength for about 10-15 minutes of the game.

I'll test the vampire hero (haven't tried his ultimate) and feedback.

EDIT: The vampire hero's Ultimate has some small things you could improve on:
Change the name and possibly the icon of Critical Strike to Killing Strike. I remember it being typed wrongly or something.
Metamorphosis buff should be replaced with a custom one named True Form.
Also, he could use some dark effects when he is in True Form, it would look nice :D
Otherwise, the Vampire is pretty fine. However, the lack of unique abilities is kinda disappointing. You could make Carrion Swarm cooler or something, add extra effect like healing the hero per unit hit or something.

Anyway, I hope you continue working on the map. I was rather busy the last few weeks preparing for my exam and working on my map and was unable to respond.
1.Will check this
2.They are either in progress or without abilities at all,so some ideas will be helpful=)
3.Yes it does 2 damage,but not a second but much faster,and summary of damage in second is 20=)
4.I think you are right:D
5.Well,I added icons because I do want to keep them=)
6.Only ults have skip 5=)They are not strong in the lvl 1-2,but after that they become really strong,that's why they cannot be learned fast.

About Vampire:
Will change the name and icon if find smth. fitable
Don't know how to change "Metamorphosis"=((((((Tell me please:D
Will add dark effects,but only when he is in true form at night!Cool)))
If you give me an idea of unique abilities for him or any other heores,it'll be very helpful.

You'll be added to the credits to "Special Thanks" for your help of course=)
Looking forward for your comments=)

I've returned to work of the map since I wrote CustomStun system:D

{EDIT}
Icon in the multiboard of Vampire wasn't shown because I removed the imported icon,but didn't change the path of icon for the multiboard
Also added special effect to the bats,now they look much better:
cad762a135d427b36b7b4e113b13ab7e.jpg

The same effects are on hands of the vampire if in true form at night.

Last edited:
Level 15
Nice! That looks good :D

As for changing the Metamophosis thing, I think you need to create a custom buff and name it True Form. You may also need to change the Tooltip- Normal to True Form. That should work, although I'm not too familiar with Transformation spells.

Great to hear that you got a Custom Stun working :D Good luck for the rest of the map.

PS: If you need ability ideas, I could suggest some. Just tell me what kind of hero your working on =D

Level 6

As for changing the Metamophosis thing, I think you need to create a custom buff and name it True Form. You may also need to change the Tooltip- Normal to True Form. That should work, although I'm not too familiar with Transformation spells.

Great to hear that you got a Custom Stun working :D Good luck for the rest of the map.

PS: If you need ability ideas, I could suggest some. Just tell me what kind of hero your working on =D
1.No,it doesn't change like that=(
2.I was looking for it for about 3-4 months,and wrote it in about 30 minutes:D
3.I need ANY ideas,I mean,on ANY hero,even finished,but of course ideas for heroes in progress will be veery helpful=)

Last edited:
Level 6
Yay!
New version is available xD
There are many changes, but I ddn't make a changelog because anyway it's only a map for tests.
I need ideas about missing heroes abilities=)
After I make abilities for all heroes and add some items, as well as fix some bugs, I'll release first official 0.01 version=)

Level 12

What? the virtuous Zack1996 approves of this map?!

Plus, LexX, from the looks of your changelogs, the way you speak and all, i'm guessing you got great potential to do quality and original stuff (yea, you sound like myself,that's why :D).

So lemme try this out asap, i'll let you know what i think.

EDIT: Mind telling me what the map's name looks like in the ingame list? its 10 players, right?

Last edited:
Level 6
What? the virtuous Zack1996 approves of this map?!

Plus, LexX, from the looks of your changelogs, the way you speak and all, i'm guessing you got great potential to do quality and original stuff (yea, you sound like myself,that's why :D).

So lemme try this out asap, i'll let you know what i think.

EDIT: Mind telling me what the map's name looks like in the ingame list? its 10 players, right?
1.Well, it seems that he approves=)
2.I hope so:grin:
3.Mmmm...asap?:hohum:
4. Test the map, and you'll see my abilities=)

Level 12
1.Well, it seems that he approves=)
2.I hope so:grin:
3.Mmmm...asap?:hohum:
4. Test the map, and you'll see my abilities=)

asap = a.s.a.p. = as soon as possible.

By the way, you forgot to tell me what the name of the map is in the ingame map list :s i downloaded it but there are too many maps there, i just look for WotL in the 10-players-map part, but im not finding it...

I really want to check it out so please tell this time.

Level 6
asap = a.s.a.p. = as soon as possible.

By the way, you forgot to tell me what the name of the map is in the ingame map list :s i downloaded it but there are too many maps there, i just look for WotL in the 10-players-map part, but im not finding it...

I really want to check it out so please tell this time.
WotL 0.01d :wink:
It'll be much easier to make a folder for the map, you'll not have to search for it=)

Level 12
WotL 0.01d :wink:
It'll be much easier to make a folder for the map, you'll not have to search for it=)

Okay thx, i'll look for it now.

About the folders, they annoy me.
There was this patch one day (even before 1.24) where blizzard wanted to uhhh... "unallow making copies of other maps" or sthg, and all they managed to do was making 60% of maps not show up at all in the game list.
At that time i figured that custom maps would randomly not show up if they weren't in the "Download" folder, and nowhere else. If you know what i'm talking about and you got clues, please tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.