• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Winter Island Survival (wilderness survival)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Gaining levels makes the game unbalanced by 1 player higher than the other,like a player being more powerful than others is just unfair to those who are lower level.

Yeah, but surely the player with a higher level earns it. I mean, how would you know if you were better than other people. It's just like "I've killed tons of enemies, but how come I'm still equal to them?"

Otherwise you should just include some kind of hocus pocus system to diffrentiate the level of players without using the actual leveling. Like maybe, include a resource called "points" or something, which can initially be used to upgrade an aspect of the unit (improve speed, health, upgrade items, etc). So it gives some kind of motivation for the players to keep killing.

Level 3
I think its great that someone is trying to do an "Upgrade" of Wilderness Survival from scratch. Wilderness Survival doesn't seem to get updated anymore and its lacking alot of features and fixes so the idea that someone is revamping the gameplay of that map is awesome. Hopefully this map will also increase the hosting of itself and wilderness survival on Bnet as currently finding it is next to impossible. Many of the features listed are going to add a polish to this map that Wilderness Survival always seemed to lack, best of luck!

EDIT: Also constructive participation of dead players is a great feature, as I for one always hated when dead players just sat around pinging the map or revealing to their team what other players are doing or where they are. Also those screenshots of the terrain and game interface are very nice and the terrain seems very well done and thought through.

Status
Not open for further replies.