• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WG - Left4Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
W3G - Left4Dead

---------------------------------
Im no longer continuing the map, check the link bellow for the unprotected version of the map...
feel free to continue it... http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/all-my-maps-unprotected-174707/
---------------------------------

Latest Map: 1.9
WG - Left4Dead 1.9 stable - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com
WG - Left4Dead 1.9 stable - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Latest beta Map: 2.0
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/wg-left4dead-123134/index3.html#post1112050

Still needed:
-witch model
-More zombie models

New screen shots added below...

----------------------------------------------------
New Tank skin (screen shot below)

Attachments

• InGame1.jpg
    InGame1.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 1,957
  • InGame2.jpg
    InGame2.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 1,477
  • WG - Left4Dead 1.9.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 423
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,268
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    935.8 KB · Views: 1,454
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 85,672
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 3,426
Last edited:
Level 6
thanks for the reply...

i tried that before but its too unbalance... cos its not 3rd person shooting game... i mean... the survivors attack automatically unlike the real game, u shoot per click... so its not going to work...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
tank spawn? is this ok? what do u think...
tank will spawn in random from 150 to 300 secs... and will be controlled by the player with the highest gold...

and the tank will be transferred to other infected players every 15 secs if still alive.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

can u help me balancing the map?

Last edited:
Level 10
Ok, some comments:
Septimus is right, try and keep the game similar to the actual L4D. There is an option that you make it a manual attack system (press "F" to fire or something). That way you avoid the automatic attack system.
And for weapons, try going for the whole L4D arsinal. This would include: pistols (handgun), SMG, Shotgun/ [advanced weapons, later in levels] Sniper Rifle, Automatic Shotgun (really fast attack and a bit more attack), Assault Rifle (better SMG), and of course the grenades. I personally don't like the idea of the flame thrower. Thats exactly what the molotove is for (though its not a major problem, and I'm not going to make a huge deal about it being thre).
For the Tank, I think its better to have the Tank spawn for a random infected player. That way, if you are new to the game, you still have a chance to use it. And if possible, try and make it that the Tank switches players after 15 seconds without dealing damage.
Anyways, its a good idea, nice planning and a good base to start off a map. Good luck with this.

Level 6
err... ok... im not trying to sound like an ass ... but i don't like it that way... i want it the way it is, auto attack... WarCraft style.... what i need is to balance the damage and HP of all units.... can some please play/try the game at least once then give me some comments about the balance.... and also tell me if the game is lame or good... ^^
i really need the balance fix so i can start adding the modes...
modes like waves, hunter games, capture the flag, rescue games, crush as many zombies as u can using a truck...etc...

Last edited:
Level 6
survivors must be at least 2 or hunters will kill u easily... they got this 60% bash skill
but if the hunter is computer.. you can use flares to attract them... they attack the ground where the flare drops

Level 10
Let me see where to start....

---Interface and Design
Tooltips are horrible, some icons are just randomly there with no tooltips and cannot be clicked. When you spawn as infected you get a shitload of text that no one is going to bother to read.
The fact that icons are randomly spread over a class is also weird. Not to mention that the multiboard is plain and not very nice to look at. The constant spam of floating texts from survivors gets annoying extremely fast.

---Balance Main
There are 8 survivor slots and 3 infected slots, yet you wonder why infected do not stand a high chance. Make it 4v4 like the actual game. Survivors can level up, why? This makes no sense, I suggest removing it. In simple, make Survivors non-hero units, since they do not need hero-like functions. Also, why do they need 21 armour? In L4D there are no armours...

---Balance Items & Skills
First of all, remove all items from the game that weren't in left4dead. Flamethrowers? Bottles? They just wreck it. Also, make it so that Survivors have less health and take less damage, like in the game (100HP, take about 1dmg per normal hit, 5per special infected hit, 25 per tank hit) and get rid of the 'defend ability', just get a semi-spamable 'push' ability to push back hordes like in L4D. And how come I can heal myself in the middle of being attacked by a mob? Make it channeling and interrupt it if you get hit.
Remove ALL skills that are not in the actual L4D, and set the damage/hitpoints values like they are in Left4Dead.

---Balance Fine-tuning
Reduce sight of survivors. Make it so they have to reload all X shots according to weapon. Make shots kill zombies in a less shots (1 for shotgun, 5 for pistol, 2-3 for smg, etc). Spawn more zombies and make zombies attack in swarms.

Level 6
i already removed the text when attacked and fixed some icons... too much zombies really cause lag... so i reduced the number of spawn...but changed their hp to random 100 to 200 HP

what u said is like a remake but ill try...
i used heroes so players can easily find their unit using the icon on the left top...

about the ammo's... u mean divide them... like clips?
handguns fire 15 bullets then reload... something like that?
i tried doing that b4 but i gaveup... can u post a sample trigger that i can follow?
Edit: ill try using mana as bullets...

thanks for helping

EDIT: changed all hp to less that 100... err... this is hard...

Level 10
Basically, I suggest to you changing all values to those of the original Left4Dead, since the original game is well-balanced.

Hitpoints:
Survivors:100
Normal Infected:100
Boomer:50
Hunter:250
Smoker:250

Damage/Fire Rate/Clip Size:
Pump Shotgun: 240/0.87/8
Submachine Gun: 20/0.06/50
Assault Rifle: 33/0.09/50
Auto Shotgun: 288/0.3/10
Hunting Rifle: 90/0.27/15
Pistol: 30/0.2/15
Dual Pistol: 30/0.1/30
Stationary Minigun: 65/0.025/Infinite

Other Modifiers
Chance to miss for certain weapons would make sense, you don't have perfect aim with a pistol for example
Chance to headshot (instakill) infected except the tank
Shoving infected in order to gain space (pushback spell)
Difficulty could be picked, modifying armour of survivors so they take 1/2/3/4/5 damage per hit from normal infected
The need to reload once a clip has been emptied
The effective range of weapons:
---In example: A shotgun is much more devastating from close range than far and a sniper rifle is the opposite. Simply make units have 2 attack types with different ranges in order to achieve this effect.

These values are all directly taken from the L4D-Wiki:
Left 4 Dead Wiki - Your source for Left 4 Dead information.

Level 10
Played the map. Its good. Having the two levels of playing are good (ground and ontop of buildings). Though, as said many times, try and keep it true to the real L4D. DOn't add flame throwers or such. As I stated before, you got most of the arsenal, but take out the extra, and finish it off.
Also, try and add in some small things to add to gamepley. Heres a short list:
After [random amount between 45-90] second, create [random # between 10-20] zombies.
Try and implement cars with alarms. If you go ontop of them or such, then it spawns a lot of zombies.
Add in mechinary that would gather the hored spawn zombies)
Fill in the train tracks. I say that I was bored going through there, and I played the game alone (so I could check out the systems, doodads, events...etc)
Maybe fix the AI so that they don't always have Hunters. I found that every so often I would face a Hunter with the usual zombies. Always a Hunter.
Please get more text to say, or get rid of most of it. I found that I got the message "So how long were you in prision, Francis?" at least 3 times as much as anything else.
Other then that, the game works and is fun, even just to play alone and look around. As stated by me before, I look forward to seeing more, and better.

Level 6
wow that's really nice, i wasted 5 hours balancing it yesterday, and still unbalanced...:cry::cry::cry:...thanks a lot Hoernchen... ill apply it now...

the alarm? like the real game... hehe... do u know any alarm sound war3 in-game? i really want the map small as possible...

i removed some doodad... items... effects for low lag... and trying to change the ending to a "defend the safe-house and wait for a chopper/tank" like mission...3 mins maybe.... and still trying to make a mini story for that...

also added some attachments to normal infected... making more varieties of zombies

reduced sight of survivors to 600 - 700...
also 600 for sniper but has a "Scope"(blank mdx unit) that moves every 1 sec to snipers angle of attack by 1000... im not sure how to move locust so i made it .mdx,invincible, and shares sight only to owner...

ill post the map for testing when im done...
Thanks a lot for the replies...

Last edited:
Level 6
thanks again Hoernchen... i think its balanced now...and i added a reload system that works like the real game... something like... ammo - ammo lost
still working on auto reload option...

do u know how to arrange ability icons? i tried changing the "Normal X & Y" but its still the same...

and do u know how to make a custom error message like "not enough mana"?

Level 10
Implement this piece of code into your map head section and create a sound variable called SimError.

JASS:
function SimError takes player ForPlayer, string msg returns nothing
    if udg_SimError==null then
        set udg_SimError=CreateSoundFromLabel( "InterfaceError",false,false,false,10,10)
    endif
    if (GetLocalPlayer() == ForPlayer) then
        call ClearTextMessages()
        call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer( ForPlayer, 0.52, -1.00, 2.00, "|cffffcc00"+msg+"|r" )
        call StartSound( udg_SimError )
    endif
endfunction

Then to use that piece of code in GUI:

• -------- This simulates an error with the text "Your Error" for Player 1. --------
  • Custom script: call SimError(Player(0), "Your Error")

Level 6
Yeah this is the best Left 4 Dead WC 3 map I have ever played!
It´s the most realistic one I played until now.

Problems/Ideas:
1. Balance: Zombie heroes are to weak(especially hp)
2. The survivors need some skills which they can use in the fight
3. Trigger: The number of Infected at the moment don´t work correct
4. A few grammar/ spelling errors
5. Left 4 Dead?
6. Where is the tank and witch?

Level 6
thanks for the code... it will be finish this week...

few grammar/ spelling errors? lol where? which one... ability tooltip? im not that good with english....

here's a screen shot from the new map...

added some models...
-ammo's on table
-safe house door
-and some bridge path like' to connect buildings together...

Attachments

• Safe House.jpg
    Safe House.jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 1,067
Level 6
Hoernchen... about the error code... i don't know how to make it work... what do you mean about the head section?... i don't know anything about codes or the GUI thing...

how do i insert that on this trigger...

Code:
Events:
-if unit is attacked

Condition:
-attacking unit = Sniper Marine

Action:
- If ammo's = 0, then..
[B][I][How to insert your error code here][/I][/B]

sorry if i ask too much... can you help with this one... again... please...
can you post a screen shot, map, or anything that i can follow...
please... please... please...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Level 3
the building climb is sexiness! the hunter has some glitches though, cant jump from building to building no 'WALL TO WALL" as is said in description, and cannot jump OVER buildings. try to fix that to make it a more enjoyable experience, oh, and try that following trigger for AI units.

Level 6
lol...building to building? i used "Jump System [Paladon]"... i didnt make the jump system...
i don't know how to disable that part...:cry::cry: all i can do is make the jump look better by making it higher so it wont look crappy...

can someone help me with the SimError...:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Level 10
Hey, sorry I didn't respond for such a long time, had a lot of stuff to do and forgot this thread.
About the SimError:
Go to your trigger editor and you will see a hierarchy of folders. In all the folders there will be Triggers under them, like you know. However, just like the triggers are under the folders, the folders are under the custom map script section. It has the icon of a standard TFT map. Click on it and copy the SimError into it. Then you can just use the code I gave you before to call it anywhere in your triggers.

Now, concerning the map itself, I looked at the new version you uploaded:

I played it a couple of times with 4v4 (fullhouse) and here are the things that need a lot fixing:

General
1. Survivors get attacked while still at start, this confuses people a lot, since they are trying to figure everything out.

2. People 'steal' medkits, as in they take all the medkits so that their team mates do not have any.

3. SMG is completely inferior to the Shotgun, it is a lot less effective and people don't actually consider to use it because of this.

4. Don't let people pick difficulty. It ends up with the infected selecting high difficulty, and most people are noobs. Let host pick difficulty instead, or have only one grade of difficulty.

Balance

1. The survivors have it extremely hard to win the game, the infected hordes are huge and overrun them usually on 1/4 of the way. Make hordes smaller/less frequent.

2. Hunters should have evasion, so that they have a slight chance of doing a bit of damage even if they jump into a group.

3. Boomer's don't rain bile all over survivors when they die, only when they puke. Make it so boomers die from 1-2 shoots depending on weapon.

Suggestions:

1. Make a director AI like in the actual l4d. This AI is basically a script that decides when to spawn how many infected at what spots and what player they should attack. Instead of just spawning hordes all the time, spawn hordes according to how good/bad they perform.
If you spawn a big horde when survivors are at low health you are essentially ending the game, instead see how much hitpoints they have, healthkits, ammo and then create smaller hordes if they are wounded, and bigger hordes if they seem to have full hitpoints, etc. This helps create a balance, since players wont find the game too hard then, or too easy, since the waves will adjust to how good they are doing.

2. You are spawning to many pain pills, also make it so that smgs shoot infected in a line, and improve their damage slightly.

3. Give survivors some time, let no infected spawn until they reached a certain region, people hate being attacked at start straight away.

4. Gradually increase difficulty. Instead of letting people vote for difficulty, let infected have 50 hitpoints at start and then increase them up to 100-150 towards the end.

5. Revive is extremely bugged. When I was incapicated and after getting revived, the game lagged so hard, I wasn't able to move, and we all had to quit.

6. When all survivors die/reach the safe-house, let the survivors and infected swap teams, so that both sides get a shot, people were frustrated that they didn't get to play the other side.

7. Add molotovs and pipebombs, with friendly fire ofc, since these are extremely valuable to survivors. However, make them fairly rare so that they have to be used wisely.

Level 10
I have a good suggestion for single player. Make it so that the survivor can push the Hunter off in a SINGLE PLAYER game ONLY. Some people can't host for stupid reasons, and resort to playing single player (as you don't find too many L4D games on B.net).
I was going through the park, and a Hunter spawned right infront of me (please fix it so that they don't do that), and I couldn't even shoot at it before crows mobbed me and the Hunter stunned me. Stupidly enough, the zombies spawned where the Hunter spawned, and died after 30 seconds or so of attacking me (and yet I was still stunned).
So try and implement a single player element to the game. Try:
  • Player Count
  • Events
    • Map initilization
  • Conditions
  • Action
    • If/Then/Else
      • If
        • Player- Player 1 (Red) player slot is player
      • Then
        • Set NumberofPlayers = NumberofPlayers + 1
      • Else
        • Do nothing
    • *Do for every player*
    • If/Then/Else
      • If
        • NumberofPlayers is less then or equal to 1
      • Then
        • Pick all units owned by Player 1 (Red) and give ability Shove
More or less, that should be the trigger to check for the ammount of players (NumberofPlayers is an integer variable) and then give red the ability to kill a Hunter while he is pounced on him. Using this will avoid people from not playing the game just because they can't host because Hunters always pounce on them and then they can't do anything.
Anyways, the new version is looking pretty promising, though take some advice from Hoernchen.

Hmm, this map is good.. I liked it especially the hunter. LOl total gay, all that lacks is the sound effect of the game. It isn't spooky and exciting enough.

I can see great potential in this map. Do you need any help? Also, the terrain tilesets are not that good. Smoker's pulling isn't that nice, well I have not tried pukricide(vomit) yet.

If you need any help in coding, terraining etc, add me in MSN [email protected]

Attached is a left4dead demo map I've made last time and stopped. Take a look at it, it may give you assurance of my mapping skills and maybe inspires you. Try the feeling of sound effects =)

~Ribenamania

Attachments

• Left 4 Dead vBETA.w3x
    800.6 KB · Views: 75
Level 6
Hoernchen... that's a lot of work :cry:.... but thanks again :grin::grin::grin:
ill try to do them all... where did u play the map? battle net? do you play in garena?

-------------------------------
Landmine... about the single player... ill do it when its already stable... i add tons of modes and single player missions... :grin:
Ribenamania... can i use the hunter triggers? hehe...:mwahaha: its awesome...
the sound effects isn't a good idea right now coz of the file size...im trying to make the map as small as possible... lots of people really hate to wait.
maybe when it gets at least a bit famous... then ill add them...

hmmm... can someone help me with the item limit... im working on it right now... its been like 6 hours... cant find a way to limit every item to 1...
-------------
anyone know of a channeling unit target spell? i need it for a better medkit and revive skill...

Level 6
Cool.. the simerror works now... thanks again...

EDIT:
Hoernchen... how do i make the SimError show only for the owner of the attacking unit?

what do i change in this code? sorry if i ask too much...
call SimError(Player(0), "Your Error")

Level 10
Well, when you call SimError, you send two arguments to it:
call SimError(ARGUMENT1, ARGUMENT2)

Argument 1 is which player you want the error displayed to. It is rather simple, if you want to display it to Player 1 (Red) then you set the argument to Player(0), Blue is Player(1) and so on. You can use GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()) to display it to the owner of the triggering unit, GetOwningPlayer(GetAttacker()) for owner of attacking unit.

Argument 2 is what text you want to be displayed. This text has to be in "", like:
"You are out of Ammo"

--------------------

If you want the survivors to only be able to carry a limited amount of items, I can help with that.
I once made an equipment system for this purpose, which gives your hero slots and allows him only
to fit certain items into each slot. The link to this system is here:
Hoernchen's Equipment System - Version A - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

You will have to copy and paste the custom map script into your custom map script and all the triggers will have to be copied too. There is a readme explaining to you how to use the system.

--------------------

A channeling spell that can be used for what you need would be "Channel" from Abilities -> Neutral Hostile -> Hero -> Channel, there are several tutorials showing how to properly use this very useful spell.

--------------------

Also, if you want to add a new gamemode to the game, add survival mode which has been recently added to the real L4D, it is an extremely fun mode, in which the survivors defend a small area and try to stay alive as long as possible. Depending on how long they stay alive they get Bronze(4m)/Silver(7m)/Gold(10m) medals.

--------------------

PS: I tested on BoredAussie with fullhouse always. Sometimes I closed an infected slot and it was still too hard for survivors.

Hoernchen... that's a lot of work :cry:.... but thanks again :grin::grin::grin:
ill try to do them all... where did u play the map? battle net? do you play in garena?

Landmine... about the single player... ill do it when its already stable... i add tons of modes and single player missions... :grin:
Ribenamania... can i use the hunter triggers? hehe...:mwahaha: its awesome...
the sound effects isn't a good idea right now coz of the file size...im trying to make the map as small as possible... lots of people really hate to wait.
maybe when it gets at least a bit famous... then ill add them...

hmmm... can someone help me with the item limit... im working on it right now... its been like 6 hours... cant find a way to limit every item to 1...
-------------
anyone know of a channeling unit target spell? i need it for a better medkit and revive skill...

My trigger of hunter's pounce isn't the best, well the coding is perfect but it doesn't fit collisions and it won't fly on top of building here and there. Well, the only disadvantage I see for using Paladon's Jump System is that the hunter flies into the safe room instead of on top of it.

The sound effects' file size won't be that high if you compressed it. Take a look at the file size of the sounds properly. They only takes 10 - 20kb max except for the Background Music.

As for the map, using warcraft's very own attack system is not way to go. The survivors are a bit boring but the infected player's will get excited with the skills, that is one point that you have to improve.

Are you an experienced map maker? Is this your first map? I hope there isn't any leaks and bugs in the game. The terrain looked a bit messy anyway, especially for spamming corpes. By the way, whats the model you used for tank? Is it bigger or smaller than the one in my demo map? If its almost the same, I suggest the one in my demo map.

This map still needs a lot of work, the infected should have cooldowns like the one in the demo map. Hunters should crawl before pouncing, boomers explodes when it dies, smoker's tongue targets ground etc.

Level 6
PS: I tested on BoredAussie with fullhouse always. Sometimes I closed an infected slot and it was still too hard for survivors.

I changed how the zombie spawn work to this...

NORMAL WAVE
Create "random 0 to TotalSurvivors" zombie1............ Wait 0.50
Create "random 0 to TotalSurvivors" zombie2............ Wait 0.50
Create "random 0 to TotalSurvivors" zombie3............ Wait 0.50
Create "random 0 to TotalSurvivors" zombie4............
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HORDE SPAWN
-Every 14 waves, RUN create Horde
--------------
-if Total Hp of survivors less than Total_Survivors x 150
--------------
-then create Small horde
-else create Big horde

Level 6
im still working on the map... finished the item limit... only some lag and a bit of balance left... maybe...

i also edited a model and made a skin for it... what do u think?
the only problem is the walk and crawl animation... its not that good...

:grin: THE HUNTER :grin:

Attachments

• WG - Hunter.jpg
    WG - Hunter.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 4,427
Level 3
apply that skin to the ghoul model, like your current hunter, see if that works, and with the boomer i saw a model of a pudge with no weapons and without a hole in its gut.

Level 6
thanks Ribenamania... i took some ideas from your map... 90% done... just finishing the multiboard and some spells for tank...

the multiboard shows icons of weapons acquired, infected type, items like medkit, etc...

Level 6
Can you guys test it out... im not sure what to do next... ill add more modes when everything is done....

here are some commands for testing:
this works only on single player...
some spells and triggers works only for infected players...

Use red slot when testing survivors
Use Green slot when testing infected

-units
"creates 1 survivor and all 4 types of infected bosses
-ammos "gives u 300 ammos"
-players "sets the survivor players count to 4... zombie spawns are survivors times zombies so this will add more zombies on the game(full house like"
-guns "creates 4 types of guns at the first safe house"

---------------------------------------------

here are some of the list of new stuff i added...
-Hunter Model (boss)
-Boomer Model (boss)
-New male normal infected (not boss)
-New female normal infected (not boss)
-TANK skin...soon... too hard... :cry:

-Molotov Model
-Spray paint (l4d and safe house)

-Better Drag Spell for Smoker (cool efx)
-Medkits now use channel
-Boomer's Vomit now creates a horde (only when targeted on a survivor)
Big horde when all survivors are alive... very small if some are down
-Tank "rock throw"
-Tank will carry these when attacked (car,rock,phone) and can be thrown

-added some sound efx and ideas from Ribenamania
-and did all what Hoernchen posted... :grin:

not sure if i posted all of them...

EDIT: I updated the first post... screen shots added...

Attachments

• WG - Left4Dead 2.0 Test mode.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 139
I'm impressed by the updates =D Good job there metal_13
I've tried the map in single player due to lack of time. And unfortunately, I can't test the infected since this map needs player 1 to initial it.

Comments & Feedback
Pain Killer - Pain Killers shouldn't be regenerate, set the regenerate value to negative instead of positive. Then trigger a life adding so that it'll result healing and then slowly decreasing the user's life.

Pipe Bomb - This needs trigger too, instead of making it a normal grenade. Use a missile arc system to code a pipebomb that uses the Taunt ability every 0.5second with an effect of red light or something. This will make it even more realistic.

Molotov - The model of this can just simply replaced by the bottle rum of panda

Boomer - I saw the model when the game starts, is that ripped or what?

Infected - Where do you actually find so many models.. kinda envious...

Thats all I can say since I can't try the infected. Also, I didn't use medikit and revive. I didn't try it in Multiplayer, keep it up anyway!

Level 8
Why is my computer trying to open your BETA map up as if it's a .rar file...

To prove it's just this map, I went and downloaded a map from the Hive's Maps section.

I'm not playing this because it just seems suspicious...

If it was not your intentions that it was supposed to be opened like that, sorry. I'm just downloading files much more careful since that new virus thing came out in maps.

EDIT: Now it's saying when I try to move it to my Warcraft 3 maps: Are you sure you want to move the read only file, WG - Left4Dead 2.0 Test mode.w3x? Can anyone tell me wth this is? Because its not doing this to any other map I've done... Well, despite all that, the map looks great...

Level 6
I'm impressed by the updates =D Good job there metal_13
I've tried the map in single player due to lack of time. And unfortunately, I can't test the infected since this map needs player 1 to initial it.

Comments & Feedback
Pain Killer - Pain Killers shouldn't be regenerate, set the regenerate value to negative instead of positive. Then trigger a life adding so that it'll result healing and then slowly decreasing the user's life.

Pipe Bomb - This needs trigger too, instead of making it a normal grenade. Use a missile arc system to code a pipebomb that uses the Taunt ability every 0.5second with an effect of red light or something. This will make it even more realistic.

Molotov - The model of this can just simply replaced by the bottle rum of panda

Boomer - I saw the model when the game starts, is that ripped or what?

Infected - Where do you actually find so many models.. kinda envious...

Thats all I can say since I can't try the infected. Also, I didn't use medikit and revive. I didn't try it in Multiplayer, keep it up anyway!

Boomer? rip? lol... a quality that bad, ripped from where...
its based from the 2 head ogre model... i just edited it... specially the skin... took me 2 days to make it but still looks crappy :cry:...

forgot about the mode... what u can do is type the commands i posted using player red slot...then type in "-units" and u'll get all the infected boss and +1 survivor...

ill try to improve the spells u said...

about the map u uploaded b4... the fog efx when you're in a vomit or smoke.... is it by x player or all players get the heavy fog effect?

Infected? where do i find them? i got it from war3 unlimited site... the one who made it is in the credits... forgot his name... and the other 2 new skins is from here...hive.... still didn't add the names on credits...
i used the same mdx...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is my computer trying to open your BETA map up as if it's a .rar file...

To prove it's just this map, I went and downloaded a map from the Hive's Maps section.

I'm not playing this because it just seems suspicious...

If it was not your intentions that it was supposed to be opened like that, sorry. I'm just downloading files much more careful since that new virus thing came out in maps.

EDIT: Now it's saying when I try to move it to my Warcraft 3 maps: Are you sure you want to move the read only file, WG - Left4Dead 2.0 Test mode.w3x? Can anyone tell me wth this is? Because its not doing this to any other map I've done... Well, despite all that, the map looks great...

down worry... my PC is clean... the file isn't infected with any virus... :grin:

Level 5
Does the hunter and smoker work as the same way as before. You know when the hunter jumps on a survivor or the smokers tounge drags a survivors a long distance?

Boomer? rip? lol... a quality that bad, ripped from where...
its based from the 2 head ogre model... i just edited it... specially the skin... took me 2 days to make it but still looks crappy :cry:...

forgot about the mode... what u can do is type the commands i posted using player red slot...then type in "-units" and u'll get all the infected boss and +1 survivor...

ill try to improve the spells u said...

about the map u uploaded b4... the fog efx when you're in a vomit or smoke.... is it by x player or all players get the heavy fog effect?

Infected? where do i find them? i got it from war3 unlimited site... the one who made it is in the credits... forgot his name... and the other 2 new skins is from here...hive.... still didn't add the names on credits...
i used the same mdx...

Oh, I see =D
my fog of pukricide(vomit) and smoke is made by fade mask that are only shown to those who gets the vomit or smoke...

Level 6
Does the hunter and smoker work as the same way as before. You know when the hunter jumps on a survivor or the smokers tounge drags a survivors a long distance?

hunter... 20% change...
boomer 60% change...
Smoker 100% change....

smoker is now limited to 1... coz 4 smokers means game over...

------------------------------------------------
Doron... the map triggers is still messy... not sure if everything works... but please post any bug or crappy stuff u find...

Ribenamania... fade mask? can you help me add that efx on vomit and smoke?

hunter... 20% change...
boomer 60% change...
Smoker 100% change....

smoker is now limited to 1... coz 4 smokers means game over...

Doron... the map triggers is still messy... not sure if everything works... but please post any bug or crappy stuff u find...

Ribenamania... fade mask? can you help me add that efx on vomit and smoke?

Why do you limit smoker, even there is 4 smoker. There won't tongue all at the same time. Don't tell me you put it a targeted spell o_O that's not way to go...

Fade mask by JASS using
if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(GetSpellTargetUnit()) then
call FadeFilter( what what what)
endif

thats how it works =D

Level 8
Ok, heres my bug report so far after 3 games, its still a little buggy like you said, but playable.

1. Done as Player 1 Red, Survivor, bunch of health packs and pills: I was able to run through the whole thing without getting hit by a zombie but a couple times, because when they'd spawn, maybe one or two would hit me, then run off, and sometimes the spawns wont hit me at all. With 4 other infected, I had a Smoker and a Boomer chasing after me, but were too far back, and could not catch me because they couldn't run very fast. Like the real L4D, maybe make it where they can re-spawn their zombie to get closer to the survivors? And make it where a player cannot just run through the whole thing will all the health packs and pills without getting hit but a couple times. When I did make it to the safe house, full health, the zombies caught up to me and killed me, because I don't know how to open / close the safe room doors or if you even can?

Anyway, I'm going to try and get all 4 survivors there and see what happens my next game.

2. Done as Player 5 Pink Infected, (even though all infected can do it) as a Smoker. Sometimes I or another smoker would attempt to pull a survivor, and most of the time did not work unless you were in sight and not on a building or anything(attempt to pull when no buildings or fences i.e are in your way). If this is intended, make it where the Smoker stops casting the pull.

I'll keep hosting and see what I can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.