• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

» Warcraft III - Paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Paranoia%20Information.jpg

"WarCraft III Paranoia" - is a singleplayer & multiplayer modification for Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne. You will play the role of a russian officer of the secret service. There will be many missions, each with specific objectives for the players to accomplish, such as defending a restricted military area, eliminating a terrorist threat and protecting innocent scientists. Your first impressions are that this mission will be just like any other, but you really have no idea what nightmares future events have in store for you...

★ Save & Load system
★ Slow Motion system
★ Interact system
★ Player AI (Bot Support)
★ 3 Difficultys
★ Light system
★ Over 10 weapons
★ Over 10 items
★ Shooting & grenade system
★ 100% changed layout of WarCraft 3
★ 5 different soundtracks
★ Fight against terrorists and scary creatures
★ Lan/Battle.net support play together with your friends or other people

Paranoia_Screenshot_1.png

Paranoia_Screenshot_2.png

Paranoia_Screenshot_3.png

Paranoia_Screenshot_4.png

Paranoia_Screenshot_5.png

Currently not available.

An answer from the half life 1 paranoia leader to my question If I can use/edit/recreate/continue the content, the whole story and the name for my WarCraft 3 The Frozen Throne project.

Permission.jpg

★ Signature:

Use our offical Warcraft III Paranoia signature in order to support this project and make it public.
HTML:
[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/warcraft-iii-paranoia-181776/][IMG]http://ror.redio.de/Signatur.png[/IMG][/URL]

★ Avatars:

a_9_c9b0b2bf.png
a_17_e25297db.png
a_20_352fd63b.png
a_10_625e7cb3.png
a_11_838496a7.png
a_19_b087c889.png

a_12_35d18594.png
a_13_881e9a5c.png
a_14_227e7f41.png
a_15_afc9ed84.png
a_18_b07de288.png
a_16_ed697c15.png

★ Grievous1 (Leader/3D Art/Coder/Terrain/Concept/Level Designer/2D Art/Story Writer)
★ Pkw (Animator)
★ Modox (Coder)
★ Hanky (Technical support)

★ Slot
★ M0rbid
★ Half Life 1 Paranoia Team (Specialy Buzzer)

★ Version 1.00:

This changelog is not yet available.

★ Version 1.01 Diversant Attack:

This changelog is not yet available.

★ Map Version: 1.00 Beta
★ Map Filesize: 8mb
★ Map Language: English
★ Required WarCraft 3 Addon: The Frozen Throne
★ Required WarCraft 3 Version: 1.26
★ Required WarCraft 3 Graphical Settings: High
★ Required WarCraft 3 Lightning Settings: High
★ Required WarCraft 3 Spell Settings: High

Recommended for people over 15 years because of gore and blood. Rated for teen.

Playable at Lan, Battle.net, Hamachi and Garena.

This map is protected! Please don't edit or export files of it without my permission. Thanks.

★ WarCraft 3 Paranoia Map:

A download is not yet available.

★ WarCraft 3 Paranoia Launcher:

A download is not yet available.

Last edited:
Level 25
Looks pretty interesting. Can the music be disabled? Sometimes modders like to play music as a Sound instead of as Music, so that Ctrl+M doesn't mute the music.

Also, your little bar graph shows the terrain to be more than half-way done and the models nearly fully to the top, yet the concept bar looks like it is half-way. That doesn't really make much sense, especially since the artwork bar is full too. And if the triggers are totally complete, then we shouldn't have to wait long for a demo right? Technically, it looks like the terrain is the only major thing that is still in development, aside from the models and skins.

Although, what makes the CONCEPT and ARTWORK category different from each other? Is artwork supposed to represent skins/textures? If that's the case, might want to just go ahead and label it like that.

Level 14
Well, yes you can disable the music but not with the normal option you will have settings like voice/music/ambient who can be disabled. The Artwork stands just for things like loadingscreens/skins/logos that also don't means the 3d art part and the concept part stands just for the story/mission/level design concepts maybe I should change the names so thank you for your questions/feedback.

*update added the first enemy*

Level 14
thank you... I have the full support from the old half life 1 paranoia team so you will see new things like new enemys in the good old paranoia styl.

*update added all characters and almost all enemys... I will show the weapons in the next days*

Last edited:
Level 14
thank you but I hope its will be not like witd because its was just a failed test map without any funny gameplay things... so I want to make it this time better with... a storyline, more enemys/weapons, missions, save/load random generated events/items and chapters.

Level 22
Soviets fighting undead!!?! YOU STOLE ME GOD DAMN GENRE. D:
(My map Black Winter has a similar story behind it.)
I'm must now punch you and the paranoia inventors in the dick. :p

BTW: Now that I think of it you wouldn't happen to have an HQ model of the Soviet BMP-3 would you?

The models of the guns are epic. I want to shoot zombies with that Makurov. :D

Last edited:
@Craka J: Don't make judgements like that, or like I am doing right now. Sheephunter has the right to make that statement, as, it is kinda true. Also, you are being like those arrogant defenders who say 'So what if my friend's model sucks? Can you do a better job yourself?'.
Have you made a map yourself? I do know of your WoW project btw, but it isn't completed.
I myself have made and are making maps.

Ontopic: Love the weapons :). Hope you'll use visual attachments. It would be good to supply us with info on the gameplay rather than the design.

Level 14
@ Sheephunter: what are you mean with almost of my project are not completed? Whispers in the Dark is released already and Rise of Rapture is still in work from our team FEG http://www.fusion-engineering-group.com/ and my other little thing called jericho its just this project under a new name so please tell me the maps that you mean...

@ Ghostthruster: its just a bad statement of him because I have only 3 projects and one of them are already released and the other 2 ones are still in development together with de.facto if you think the project leader is lying you so ask de.facto he is the founder of the feg group and in addtion I don't musst finish all my projects but at this point I will do it.

@ topic: yeah for sure I will post soon the last item pictures and than I will show you something about the gameplay maybe with a little gameplay teaser video so keep this topic alive I don't like to bump it ^^.

Level 19
This looks pretty cool, and well done, hope it works out very well! Another point for the Fusion Engineering Group:)

Level 14
@ Sheephunter: erm rise of rapture = bioshock I have already say its still in work and never call it as dead or something like this please visit moddb... http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-rapture

@ xRiotZx: its simple I have make it with the magos model editor and use the screen button at the right moment and cut the background and replace him with this one I hope this the answer that you want. back to the topic... okay, I'm done with the lighting (picture)... now I will start with the main part of the terrain...
Ingame%20Screenshot%206.PNG

Last edited:
Level 22
@ Sheephunter: erm rise of rapture = bioshock I have already say its still in work and never call it as dead or something like this please visit moddb... http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-rapture

@ xRiotZx: its simple I have make it with the magos model editor and use the screen button at the right moment and cut the background and replace him with this one I hope this the answer that you want. back to the topic... okay, I'm done with the lighting (picture)... now I will start with the main part of the terrain...
Ingame%20Screenshot%206.PNG

Hrmpf, that's exactly how I thought you did it. :p
Thanks for the answer.

Level 23
Hiring a team does not mean that everything gets faster automatically. A team is necessary when someone is not able to create everything on his own, for example a coder that cannot model, a modeller that can not code....
Here a team does make sense.
However Grievous is able to do most of the stuff alone, which makes a team not that necessary, seeing that a team would need a lot of time consuming communication, including different opinions, styles, etc. There is also time needed to put everything together when working in a team, sometimes leading to confusion and mess.
And you should not forget the fact, that Grievous already has a team in the background that helps him.

But hell, let's not talk about Grievous projects nor how he tries to get them done, but about this project (the topic of this thread).

Level 14
I have already a team the fusion engineering group http://www.fusion-engineering-group.com/ but its has just the chernobyl http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/chernobyl-lost-riddles-147272/ and rise of rapture as the main tanks but I'm still looking for beta testers (you will get a gasmask soldier and chainsaw beta tester code) and for an animator in order to animate the last 3 models (sure they are already boned). Maybe I could need a UI creator too because I don't like my UI (I will post it soon but its looks a little bit to simple for me) the other stuff I will do for sure alone. If you think you have any skills/ideas to improve this project let me know it here or send me a private message but you should show me a example of your work.

Level 22
I have already a team the fusion engineering group http://www.fusion-engineering-group.com/ but its has just the chernobyl http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/chernobyl-lost-riddles-147272/ and rise of rapture as the main tanks but I'm still looking for beta testers (you will get a gasmask soldier and chainsaw beta tester code) and for an animator in order to animate the last 3 models (sure they are already boned). Maybe I could need a UI creator too because I don't like my UI (I will post it soon but its looks a little bit to simple for me) the other stuff I will do for sure alone. If you think you have any skills/ideas to improve this project let me know it here or send me a private message but you should show me a example of your work.

I would beta test this sexy map. I've been making maps for quite a while, I think I could point out some things to you.
Also: You and you're team are quite partial to Soviet disasters aren't you lol?

Last edited:
Level 35
I'm sincerely glad to see that the most epic third party HL mod gets an interpretation into Warcraft. If anything is worth reinstalling the latter, this will have to be.

Too bad it's not going to actually be continued in the HL version though, nag Buzzer to carry on with it if you succeeded in establishing contact already.

Level 14
I don't ask him yet because I think if he has interested I think he has already post here... :/ and I don't want to nerves people with requests so I musst wait or improve my own skills. okay back to the topic I have make a screenshot from the AI players they are will be a important part... if one players leaves the game or you have not enough players they will enters the game in order to replace the free slot or the leaver. I hope you like this idea :)
Ingame%20Screenshot%207.PNG

Last edited:
Level 22
He replaced the selection circle model *Doh*

Wow, what an unhelpful answer to someone's legitmit question. *Sigh*

I was going to ask the same question I was trying to do the same thing in my map, but I had some minor trouble because I couldn't figure out the difference between the model selection circle and the image. xD

I never did figure it out. It would be a great tut. :Snicker: :Snicker:

The game looks very HQ on another note, but you mustn't use a lot of those shitty meshes or doodads you have, like the cardboard boxes, they make the map look less epic.

Level 14
@ Goolygot: thank you :)

@ Jaakko: cool that you like it but I'm not sure if its will be so good like Zaf

@ Reaper51: I have changed the blp file of the circle but I will going to change the complete model in order to red colored.

@ GhostThruster: The background story will be the same but all in all its will be a little bit different because you are playing a other part of the spetsnaz alpha team.

@ xRiotZx: You should remember that I have a 8mb file size limit and all this models are really highpoly and the soundtrack is not really small too so I musst reduce the quality of some skins. The other thing is that all this screenys are not really showing the final version of it and I don't think that you will die if you see ugly cardboards or other things under over 100 different doodad models right? but no fear... I will change them...

@ topic: I have added a changelog to the first post in order you can see my progress over the weeks... erm and here a little WIP screeny from the Elevator survive mission and the new machinegun attachment model... (and yes at the right side you can see our blood effect of dying units)
Elevator%20Door.PNG

Level 22
and I don't think that you will die if you see ugly cardboards or other things under over 100 different doodad models right? but no fear... I will change them...

That's a terrible way to look at it. Every single thing that has ever been created and has been good in any way or any genre at all, was created with great attention to detail. If I saw those cardboard boxes in-game while playing I would shit myself and ask why you used such a terrible doodad. If you can afford an 8MB size then I think you can afford to either scrap the shitty boxes or fix the texture. Also you don't need a special doodad for everything in the game. You can use Blizzard doodads on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.