• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3: Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

The Halo series are my favourite video games of all time, greatly surpassing even my liking for Warcraft 3. It seemed logical for me to try to make a Wc3 map as a tribute to the franchise. Many may not know Halo, I understand; this is a Wc3 modding site, most of the members are European or Asian and mainly play on the PC, and Halo is not well known in Europe (save maybe a few big countries around and including Britain) or Asia and it is primarily played on the xbox, but FUARRRRRRRK you need to experience it.

It was originally going to be an FPS map based on this. However, I have decided that it will now be a third-person shooter.

Gameplay consists of the classic golden trio; guns, melee, and grenades. In addition, you can Evade (commando roll....awesome I know) by default, and you can use 'armour utilities'.

What Armour utilities are: a cross between Equipment and Armour Abilities that change the way battles are fought. You choose 1 utility before a match begins and before you respawn. You cannot swap these utilities from ones you find on the battlefield, thus it is essentially a 'loadout', making this shooter semi-class based. How utilities work: you need Energy (mana) to use your utilities. You can gain Energy by fuelling up in an Energy Station. Planned utilities:
-Pulse - creates a sonic boom, knocking back players and vehicles in the area
-Shield - deploys a large energy shield to deflect projectiles
-Heal - heals all players in a target area
-Drain - drains shields of all players in target area and EMPs vehicles
-Cloak - deploys a small cloaking field to conceal anyone in its vicinity

It is recommended you download this, which will allow you to use WSAD as arrow keys.

In game, there will be menus for you to edit settings and start matches within the 'lobby'. You can customise your player character, changing armour, colour, species (from Spartan to Elite), and service tag (a small text tag that will appear overhead of your character model to allow other players to recognise you). Some armour sets I plan to include are Mk.VI, Mk.V, ODST, Recon, and EVA.

When beginning matches, you can edit the game settings, including the mode, teams, and maps.

Weapons planned as follows (note not all weapons will be in a single map):
BR55 E Variant Mk.2 'Battle Rifle' - one shot variant of the standard BR. Akin to the DMR in some ways, but rounds pierce armour more easily.
MA5B E Variant 'Assault Rifle' - three round burst variant of the standard AR.
M6D B Variant 'Magnum' - faster firing variant of standard M6D. Lacks the standard pistol's range and accuracy, as well as having half the magazine size.
SMG - light submachine gun with high rate of fire. Good at CQC, but highly inaccurate.
M90 CAWS 'Shotgun' - primary CQC UNSC rifle. Packs a punch at close range, but is useless at long ranges.
99C-S2. AM 'Sniper Rifle' - primary long range UNSC rifle. Useful for blaining.
M19 SSM Mk.2 'Rocket Launcher' - good at blowing things up.
M32. I/A.GL C Variant 'Claymore Launcher' - somewhat a relative of the M3. Grenade Launcher series, it launches land mines at places.

Type-25 DER 'Plasma Rifle' - excellent at draining shields. Will drain shields in 3 shots, will drain shields with 1 shot with a headshot.
EMP Cannon -
Type-32 BML 'Needler Rifle' - somewhat of a cross between the Type-31 and Type-30 rifle, fires pink 'needles' which can subercombine. Rounds travel much faster than the Type-33 GML, and do not home.
Carbine - accurate, and effective at rending shields. Covenant counterpart of the BR.
Railgun - a miniature Covenant MAC cannon, highly effective against vehicles, and capable of piercing through multiple infantry.
Sentinel Beam - fires a continuous laser that is effective at taking shields out quickly. Based on forerunner technology.
Type 1 EW/S 'Energy Sword' - good for cutting stuff. Able to lunge a short distance.

M9 HE-DP 'Frag Grenade' - anti-personnel grenade for UNSC. Launches shrapnels when thrown. Detonates only after the grenade hits a hard surface.
Type-1 APG 'Plasma Grenade' - who doesn't love blueberries? Only downside is they are kinda sticky.

Slayer is classic deathmatch. You can select up to how many kills decides the win. Slayer pro variant will have more competitive settings.
Shotty/Snipes is a variant of Slayer, where you start with a Shotgun and Sniper.
Oddball has players try to hold a skull-like ball for as long as possible.
Juggernaught chooses one player to be the juggernaught. The juggernaught holds a melee weapon, and gains points by killing other players. The other players have to face off with him, and the one who kills the juggernaught becomes the juggernaught.
Capture the Flag is classic action, where both teams try to capture each others flags.
King of the Hill sets players territories, which teams must try to hold by staying within the territory.

FFA
-Slayer
-Shotty/Snipes
-Oddball
-Juggernaught
Team
-Slayer
-Slayer Pro
-CTF
-KotH

So far I have only planned one:
attachment.php

Inspired by Blood Gulch mostly. Red/blue circles = team spawns. Two green things behind red/blue are two-way teleporters. Two green things on the top left and bottom right are two-way teleporters. Purple triangles are ghosts. If there are more than 2 teams, ghosts and teleporters will be removed.
You are in a Clover-shaped gulch. There is a forerunner structure in the centre with two levels. Below is rocket spawn. Above is a Scorpion.

Weapons:
attachment.php

Get word out there, that Ghostie is starting a Halo project...again. Support this by copy-pasting this code to your signature:

[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/warcraft-3-halo-214747/"][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/176529-albums5109-picture57457.png[/IMG][/URL]

I'm a huge believer in open source, so this map will be unprotected, unless it comes to dire circumstances (ie. filesize is too big). I will be making this in GUI. I am also attaching any resources I make to post no. 1 (just below this), in case you want to use them early or I don't finish this. Just give credits!

Attachments

• Halo.png
    Halo.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 3,808
  • Cloverfield.jpg
    Cloverfield.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2,717
  • igoturpistola.jpg
    igoturpistola.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 2,832
Last edited:

Attachments

• M6D.zip
    303.1 KB · Views: 363
  • SPARTAN.zip
    560.1 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:
Level 28
EDIT:

Nice Idea there, hope this things become real.

Sharpshooters online by xXTrickyxX huh? I tried this on my project but I abandoned that idea since applying those images for a lot of guns will really take a lot of time, and I don't have knowledge on photoshop :C. Hope you can make that on this project.

Good luck on this :D, I'll support you. But it would be nice if you can drop more info about your project. :D. HALO ROCKS! \oo/

SUBSCRIBING

EDIT

Nice, :D I'll wait on it,

About the map, I think you can use Ken-E's melee map 'Blood Gulch'.

Last edited:
@sonofjay: This is a test project. If it proves successful, I might make other maps. I mean there are other great maps beside Blood Gulch; The Pit, Sandtrap, Midship, Warlock... I have ideas for a few more maps don't worry.

@-Peper-: Well Ghost will have drift. I'm not planning on adding a Warthog; turret would be too hard to implement :(
Splattering enemies? FUCK YES

Level 28
@sonofjay: This is a test project. If it proves successful, I might make other maps. I mean there are other great maps beside Blood Gulch; The Pit, Sandtrap, Midship, Warlock... I have ideas for a few more maps don't worry.

Then great :D, wonder why people not looking on this, oh well maybe its still early and people are still waiting for more progress. But I can really imagine the outcome of this... EPIC MAP.. goodluck. :D

Yes indeed.

In other news, I was just chilling and listening to Halo music, then I decided what music will be in the in-game menu (yes there will be an in-game menu where you can left-click and everything, and if I'm bothered, I will add trackables).
>The Last Spartan from H2. Heard in the H2 Announcement Trailer.
>Covenant Dance from H: CE.
>Halo Piano theme from Bungie.net.
All music by Marty O'Donnel.

Could I join your project GhostThruster?
I have always wanted Halo Wc3, but lacked the art talents...
However I won't be able to help some of the time for I am also helping somewhere else, and have RL stuff to do as well, but when I can help I will, and I can get creative with manupliating tricks in GUI to do stuff like left click without trackables.

I am a good triggerer, and am attempting some JASS if your wondering what I am best at, it would be triggering.

Level 7
You could add Coagulation as a map. Its terrain is pretty simple and possible in Warcraft 3. Except the caves lol. I will love to play this when it comes out.

Level 7
Yea, sorry, i messed up the names. Also, i forgot to ask: Will it be just like Halo multiplayer? Or there will be extra things like Covenant groups guarding some stong equipment like Fuel Rod guns, ammo, those hp and invis cubes/triangles (forgot their name) etc?

Level 4
okey , if this projet succeeds, i will create maps of course ^^ i love creating maps , but often im too lazy to end them ^^' but i will, i try , .... maybe .....
:D

@Luffy: there will not be NPCs or AIs guading equipment. There will be HP packs and perhaps powerups.

@SilverViper: you mean you will use the resources I upload to make your own maps? I don't understand anything... also I am uploading resources whether this project suceeds or not, so you needn't worry.

EDIT: Why does my gay Spartan skin have more views than my magnum ? D:

Everything is easy to implement, except perhaps the first person view and HUD.

I will be very inactive as of tomorrow guys. Thing is I'll be going back home after a holiday, and I haven't played Reach in a month....so I probably will not let go of my 360 controller for at least 20 hours. But I should be able to finish each weapon within 2 or 3 days after that.

Level 22
~bump~
Since I've gone back to school, I will be very inactive.

I will only be including one music track sad to say due to filesize restraints. But the track is awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO1y7WQfD9c

Additionally, does anyone know a free app to optimize .mp3 files?

Cool, but I like that original version of that track, I used to get high to Halo 1 and that song when I was like 10. Me and my friend used to over play the game lol, and I would always kick his ass with my pistol/sniper combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.