• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 2 1/2 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Warcraft 2.5 TC

Warcraft: Tides of Frozen Chaos

**DOWNLOAD DEMO VERSION 1.2 HERE**

Background

Originally, the project began back in January of 2009. After a month of work on unit data, triggers and terrain, it was almost ready for a release. However death_bringer became dis-interested in the project and it effectively died after he deleted everything related to the project. Months later, in October, he began again and worked slowly on the project, constantly going back and fixing things. Now, two years after he first began, We're ready once again for a demo release.

While this project will not fully replicate WC2 due to some game engine restraints, key features and items from WC2 will be present to give as much immersion as possible. The goal of the project is to combine fun features and story from WC2 with the graphical, sound and gameplay of WC3 to provide a satisfactory experience for those who are brave enough to delve into it.

This is by no means an "original" idea, as it's been attempted by people since 2005, or even before. And while other campaigns which wish to do the same as ours are released, they are greatly welcomed. The more choice for the player, the better. Time and work has been put into the campaign, and while it may not be perfect and awe-inspiring, it is with much hope that you enjoy the demo and support the work to a final, full campaign for us all to enjoy.

Information

I am very proud to say that our project, Warcraft 2.5 has joined with "Tides of Frozen Chaos" to bring you the best gaming experience that we can provide.

That being said, we're still in desperate need for the following position(s):
  • Modeller
If you are qualified in any of these areas and wish to help us, please don't hesitate to leave a response here, PM me or email me at [email protected]

Features

• Full naval combat
  • Oil
  • Lush terrains
  • Completely new models (even for existing Warcraft III units)

The Team

death_bringer_2 - Project lead, everything else
warner - Object Data, Music

Thanks to

Thanks to the following for their contributions to the project:
Red XIII
TheSecretArts
AnemicRoyalty
Mc!
Scars of Conflict resource pack
Holy_Humane
Tranquil
Sunchips
Kitabatake
Mechanical Man
Mephestrial
Blizzard

Media

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:
Level 3
@Linaze: Those are some AMAZING resources you have there! Thanks for allowing me to use them, it's greatly appreciated.

@mckill2009: You do GUI spellwork. I don't know much about doing art stuff, my speciality is music and mapping + triggering. Does this mean using WE's built in GUI to create things specifically for each map, or, if possible, does it effect all maps?

Level 3
Total Wc2 Conversion awesome :D
I've been waiting for something like this since years.
I can volunteer for the voice acting if you want.
I've also got some experience with Terrain.

Thank you! I'm glad support is slowly coming in!
I'll PM you either tonight or in the morning about what I'd like you to do, and about experience.

EDIT: Check your PM! :)

Level 3
@DarkElfe: Of course I've found those! They're amazing also! If one knows of other models that might help, please recommend them!

@Debode: Thank you for your support, it's greatly appreciated.

Level 3
Still I can recommend a Human Barracks
@

Unfortunately a straight line link to give немогу (at least in this theme) as: Do not provide links to ripped models.

But if you it will interest that address to me in PM

Is as one more variant of this model on Wc3C.net but I could not find it.
As I can recommend models http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/maleelfarcher-47298/?prev=u=Mc%20!&r=20&page=4 and http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/maleelfranger-49387/?prev=u=Mc%20!&r=20&page=4 probably it not the best models on Wc2 but is better than model MaleElfRanger I yet has not found

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 3
@DarkElf & zorgon23: Thank you both for your ideas! I'll be adding them to my collection.

@zorgon23: I'll pass on asking for the other conversion's resources, as it seems they are still slightly active.

---

An update for everyone else: I'm currently gathering models, icons and textures, as well as meeting individually with two of my newest team members to discuss what they'll be doing.

Last edited:
Level 3
I can say very happily that this is not dead. While work is going slow, I can assure you that there will be much to show in the next couple days. :)

Level 3
I am back with more updates!

If you see the first page, it has been livened up with BB code, as well as there is a new "Media" section, which will be the first place to look for new content being updated. How 'bout you take a gander there now and check out some of the screenshots?

Expect some videos by the new year, both promo and in game!

@Eldubs: Sorry for not responding sooner. I will contact you when it comes to do private betas (which, for anyone else, is in the not too distant future :).)

EDIT: Our first promo video is out! This first video showcases the second mission of the human campaign: Ambush at Tarren Mill, as well as some naval combat, which will be seen more in the missions to come. Go check out the first post to see it :D

Last edited:
Level 9
due to some reasons Warner and I have decided to leave this project,
We believe Only 1 Team should be doing this than 2-3 of them trying to race to get their out 1st
and Thus now We are working on something better,something which people would prefer to play over this.
Request to mod/admins to delete/close this thread or what ever you guys do with left away projects.

Level 9
Hmm... But could it continue if somebody else decides to help with it?

There was a project called Warcraft 2 Return of Chaos which had been running since a long time which we happened to have over looked,
Steve and I had BTEK as a secondary plan ready in case someone else makes this before us, well someone did ( who wasn't either of us!)
and we didn't see any point in continuing as someone else would have the same thing ready, so we moved on to something which actually will be interesting to play.

Level 3
There was a project called Warcraft 2 Return of Chaos which had been running since a long time which we happened to have over looked,
Steve and I had BTEK as a secondary plan ready in case someone else makes this before us, well someone did ( who wasn't either of us!)
and we didn't see any point in continuing as someone else would have the same thing ready, so we moved on to something which actually will be interesting to play.

Stormy, what did I tell you about messing with *my* work? Let me talking about *my* project, and I let you talk about your project.

If you're interested in helping, Foxy, talk to me, I still have the source work, and am willing to still work on this in the background.

Level 9
Stormy, what did I tell you about messing with *my* work? Let me talking about *my* project, and I let you talk about your project.

If you're interested in helping, Foxy, talk to me, I still have the source work, and am willing to still work on this in the background.

Oo now that's something totally different on what someone called Steve Warner told me on msn
I should start keeping a record of these if this is how you turn up..

Level 9
I just got back from an extended vacation.

I'm sorry to hear that you guys will be dropping the project. I don't really see why you would drop it just because other people are trying to create the same thing, but it's your choice. It's not a race to see who would finish first, but a race to see who has the best product out of the others.

Best of luck on your new project, however. Cheers ^^

Level 3
Ladies and gentlemen, I am VERY proud to announce the merger between myself and death_bringer_2's project Tides of Frozen Chaos. We have been working together for the past week, fixing things up with object data, new music, and new terrains, completely different from both myself and his campaign. We are even closer now to a full demo release than ever before!

Level 3
Sorry for double posting, but it's been a couple days.
--

Exciting news! I've now updated the front page with some new screenshots! I can tell you that the new demo is much better, with new music, fixed triggers, and better terrain. Be excited folks, the demo should be out in the next couple days!

Status
Not open for further replies.