• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Warchasers: Redux v1.0 (Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Warchasers: Redux , a project I've been working on on and off for the last couple of months, is meant to be a re-imagining of the original Warchasers for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.

The map, when it's completed, will feature re-done version of the classic 8 heroes, from the original version and two new ones, for a total of 10, which can now be leveled up to level 15 instead of 10. I also plan to re-model a good number of units, along with aesthetically tweaking the map, adding more areas and making it a more balanced experience. In addition, I am also planning to add a tighter story to the map making it a more personal and narrative driven experience by adding cutscenes and exposition through quests, as well as a backstory for each hero, as to how they ended up in the city and why must they redeem their souls. Bug tweaks are also in plan, such as miss-matching and conflicting hotkeys, missing inventories, etc. Redoing the items is also something I think should be done, adding a few more shops, things like that to make it more interesting. New areas of the map as well to extend the playtime.

As of now, (November 25th) I only have the heroes ready to go, meaning there is much more to do, which should be done in the coming few months, possibly by the end of December, begging of January 2016.

Please note that this map heavily relies on models downloaded from The Hive Workshop as I have no knowledge of model making. As the map is incomplete, I still haven't been able to give credits where credits are due, but eventually it will be added into the Quests tab of the menu, as well as on here, so don't start jumping down my throat as I claim none of the models as my own. All credits go to their respective creators. If you wish your model removed from the map, see the e-mail below.

I will acknowledge all feedback on the map as progress is made. Please, do not make edits and distribute it on your own as it's still a work in progress. If you have a suggestion or complaint, you can leave it here or e-mail me at [email protected]

You can find me on battle.net, US East, under the nickname WarChaser, but rarely do I use it nowadays. I can also be reached on Game Ranger and Steam under the same nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.