• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] War of the Clans

Status
Not open for further replies.
thought the waterfall should be at the mountain not so for away in Stormlands
Note that i havent started the mountains yet :>

maybe kinda higher
We might exceed in the camera's height that is why the waterfall is just small.
I'll try to raise it later :>

more like multiple waterfalls.
Yes.

Aaand Kor'gal Overgrowth?
Uhmmm.... :>

Okaaay fine , im going to do your terrain tomorrow (i'm free until january 7) , im going to use my whole day making your terrain.

Meanwhile , i made some improvements on the waterfall part.

Attachments

• screen4.png
    screen4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
Level 10
Oh man, im not trying to force you. Im just asking where would you place Kor'gal Overgrowth since you moved the Kor river so far to the west. Have you seen pic with overview, I posted?

Did i say something wrong?

Level 10
Heh, i wouldn't say "soon". We're trying to make art here. If we hurry to much, it won't be worth it.

And by the way, our team was expanded with a new member. His name is Death Adder and he is a great guy. He will be overseeing our project from his role of Coder. We already started working on a few things, for example brand new building system or AI controler for leavers/empty slots/neutrals. I will keep you updated on the progress. Also as i mentioned before The Bestiary is coming soon and Stryderzero posts exquisite terrain updates. Stay tuned for more :)

Did i say something wrong?
No.

If we hurry to much, it won't be worth it.
Good , i have more time on April :D

Awh anyway , here's a preview of a very small progress on the swamp , it took me 1 hour doing that , lol. What do you think? :) Cant put green sunken tiles coz the tiles dont fit on the color of the environment.

The base will be at the middle of the swamp , ill put more details later or "soon" :D.

swamptest.png

---

I think i've uploaded a wrong image.
I'll re-update. Please wait

ash lands
Oooh , Volcanoes , i like that :)
Im going to place that volcano in the northern part of the mountains. It may take time to experiment since i havent done volcanoes before.

---
Swampy :3
I want to swim in the mud with Heinvers.
swamptest2.png

---
Sorry if i cant crop photos , i dont have paint or any image editing programs co'z i recently formatted my pc.

Level 10
I would prefer Ashlands near Dreadfire clan rather than already full Highlands. We need space for Gor Giants Lairs and Wyvern nests there. Since you swapped possitions of waterfalls. Here is new changed map overview. It's fully open to suggestions and we still have many empty areas. I thought for example about 2 waterfall regions Upper Kor Falls and Lower Kor Falls. Upper would be in Mountain/Highlands from where Kor river will continue to flow trough Kor'gal Overgrowth into Lower Kor Falls.

preview 3.png

Btw that swamp looks gorgeous. Stryderzero you never stop to amaze me. Good job and @Heinvers, enjoy :DD

Level 10
Pretty cool, but kinda miss trees and green stuff. I imagined it as half jungle.

It's amazing though :p

Btw what's the map size right now? Recently we were calculating how much models and triggers can we import.

Last edited:
Level 10
Yeah did you read my previous comments? I mentioned him there.

He's a nice guy, he managed to almost fix all lags and other annoying issues. Also he works on new systems for War of the Clans. Without his help we would be still stuck at those lags. Thanks for noticing him in team though :D

Level 10
There are 8 clans, each should have atleast 2-3 unique units depending on their location and origins.

Bloodbane Clan (savanah landscape):

Warrior - standart medium armored infantry unit
Berserker - medium armored fast unit
Archer - light armored ranged
Hunter - light armored resource getherer/ranged
Apprentice - light armored caster
Healer - light armored support unit
Shaman - light armored support unit
Wolf Rider - light armored mounted unit
Heavy Rider - heavy armored mounted unit with slower speed
Golk - heavy armored slow siege beast
Siege Catapult - siege unit
Blademaster - special unit

Stormfell clan (mountainious, empty landscape):

Wolf Brother - standart medium armored infantry unit
Worg'ar - heavy armored mounted unit
Stormcaller - special unit

Direfury clan (desert area):

Stalker - light armored standart infantry unit
Sky Terror - special unit

Skullcrush clan:

Mauler - standart medium armored infantry unit
Golk - heavy armored slow siege beast
Bone Wrecker - siege unit
War Beast - special unit

Gar'tuk clan (slaver's bay area):

Bruiser - standart medium armored infantry unit
Slave - lightly armored weak unit
Overseer - special unit

Dreadfire clan (scorched landscape):

Zealot - standart medium armored infantry unit
Dreadblade - heavy armored unit
Mender - light armored support unit
Whisperer - light armored support unit
Lich - special unit

Kor'gal clan (swamp):

Enforcer - standart medium armored infantry unit
Worg'ar - heavy armored mounted unit
Beastmaster - special unit

Mountain clan (mountain peak):

Brute - standart heavy armored infantry unit
Gorling - heavy armored monster
Gor - special unit

The list is not complete nor final.

Last edited:
Level 15
First, please change Healer's name... Second I am really surprised whit a lack of spellcaster diversity. I mean only one clan has unique casters? And you know, there is no need to have all orc units, you can use more beasts, and even "allies". And there is no need to have all clans whit 3 casters. Some of them, some clans based around close combat, should have 2, and some clans based around magic, maybe even 4.
Bloodbane clan is good, your "normal" orc clan.
Stormfell, I kind of expected to see some "stormy" things, like maybe some storm elementals, or storm related beasts or even dragons, and of course some unique casters, I thoughts they are the strongest clan in magic.
Direfury, disappointed whit a lack of desert beasts, like some scorpions, genies or snakes, maybe even some demons !
Skullcrush, hmmm, I imagined them as bloodthirsty clan, savage warriors, something like Shattered Hand clan in WoW, and they are full of beasts...
Gar'tuk, here I was thinking about mercenaries, payed ogres, centaurs, maybe even taurens, something like that.
Dreadfire clan, only clan whit unique casters. I hope they are based around necromancery or something like corrupted, shadow, darkness... Honestly, they should be "skeleton clan". Skeleton grunt, rider, archer, etc. whit some alive orc casters who revived them.
Kor'gal, my favorite clan, and here I expected those beasts from Skullcrush clan. And even more beasts. They should be focused around beasts if you ask me.
Mountain clan, not bad, some giant mountain beasts are great, but they need special orc unit, something in style of Dire Trolls from WoW !

And in the end, I still want to see one of these clans changed into red (fel) orcs. I think, you are going to miss great opportunity. Maybe demon worshiping clan, who got "blessed" by those demon, and because of that they skin got changed into red. Something like that, I think you know what I am talking about...

I hope I helped you, at least these are my thoughts, and keep up whit this great map, I hope you are going to finish it !

EDIT: Now I saw this: "...each should have atleast 2-3 unique units depending on their location and origins." =(

Level 10
I kinda put that list together really fast, just to show you how I meant it to be. I agree that those "beast" units and other special stuff seems to be missing, but that is the reason why I asked for your ideas in the first place.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts though :)

Level 10
Alright i uploaded all alpha model images to each hero. There are some duplicates as you could have noticed and some models don't really fit their class, but in present time it is not a big problem since many will be revamped.

Status
Not open for further replies.