• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] War of the Clans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
How about "The Savages"? It is the name of the band actually, but still fits your map's theme.

Lol, lets just forget about that idea with team name. I think we got more important things which require our attention.

Btw sorry for inactivity, kinda busy at the moment and nothing much to share. I would really appreciate if anyone could look on the code, we have some ugly bug fights here.

What i've done in 15 minutes , more to go tomorrow. Just kick me if i forgot to post WIP tomorrow , okay?

Apologize for my laziness :D

WC3ScrnShot_121614_115624_01.jpg
===

In 30 minutes
WC3ScrnShot_121614_122303_02.jpg

Last edited:
Level 10
Horray! Winter holidays are almost upon us (atleast for me) = huge amount of free time. I expect some really nice progress.

Btw Strydy, what are your plans for terrain? We already discussed the Overgrowth (swap/jungle) area to the southeast, but since you're expanding more to the northeast i expect some real safari :)

Cant see any green tiles and props that will fit for the swamp that's why im continuing to expand the yellow barrens part.

---

Valleys and some shit i did yesterday.
Will post the mountains later.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_122014_174521_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_122014_174521_02.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 115
  • WC3ScrnShot_122014_174532_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_122014_174532_03.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 119
Level 15
Cant see any green tiles and props that will fit for the swamp that's why im continuing to expand the yellow barrens part.

---

Valleys and some shit i did yesterday.
Will post the mountains later.

It is not like you are making that map for yourself... You need to listen to Argos, what he is saying...

Hey Brother , where's the legend you said to me last time , remember?

I will not continue the progress until you give me the legend.

i will be making a legend soon, including lore issues. It might help in synchronizing your ideas and mine. I will also post it in Bestiary.

Right now i dont have any ideas on mountains , the south and the west part. I might need the help of your people.

Level 10
Hey Brother , where's the legend you said to me last time , remember?

I will not continue the progress until you give me the legend.

Right now i dont have any ideas on mountains , the south and the west part. I might need the help of your people.

Well, by small "legend" i meant something like this: (places and names are not final)

Overview2.png

Spires of Kerrak is a wasteland with weird looking spires of stone here and there. This scorched region lies between the Mountain and Lowlands. Here are some reference pictures for imagination. (something like Gorgrond in World of Warcraft)

https://gnomecore.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/gorgrond.jpg
http://www.gamegrin.com/assets/Uploads/_resampled/SetHeight518-Gorgrond-1.png

Then we have those Lowlands, which are technicaly immense grassy plains like savannah, home to many savage beasts and predators.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090128151019/wowwiki/images/8/88/Savannah_Patriarch.jpg

Kor'gal is the swampy overgrowth we talked about. In the heart of The Overgrowth lies home of Kor'gal Clan (renamed Spiritar Clan). It is protected by many obstacles, one of them is river. I had an idea that Kor river could flow from the mountain and continue through Kor'gal. The river (Kor) source could be a huge waterfall, which would give us space to expand storyline.

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/ohyeahworldofwarcraft/1098117705/1/tumblr_l7rtobvoQb1qb8fy8

The mountain should not be that big and southeastern part will be a waterfall and hot springs region as i mentioned above. Im quite unsure about the western part. Maybe you could make it higher and the enterance into spiral shape. I'll send you my "vision" of western mountain side in pm.

Last edited:
Level 10
I think in the north-east of the map, in the Dread Fire clans lands must be smth like Asshai from Game of Thrones - a dark, grim, desolated valleys with bottomless yawning gulf etc.

How would you call it and what special decorations should it contain to suit the terrain? Dead trees are okay, but it needs something really really unique like dense mist or somethin' :)

Shadowlands, The Veil, Dreadlands, The Dread Approach, The Pit, The Dread Pit, The Rift, Gorge of Dread, Chasm of Shadow, Lair of Shadows

They also use fel magic -> green flames. Dreadfire Clan's members wear skull masks and hold ritual sacrifices in their domain. They are also waging endless war with their neightbours the Skullcrush Clan, which was the main idea for their storyline. Skullcrush Clan's name might have come from their tradition of ritual in which their members must crush a skull of a random creature, but it can have also something in common with Dreadfire's skull masks. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.