• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] War of the Clans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Honestly, I don't even know, but after we remade mode-selection trigger lags were gone. I had no chance to test on the battle-net, so I'm not 100% sure yet.

Chaosy said there are no leaks, but i can send you the unprotected map for testing. I always appreciate friendly help.

Level 3
Well, I played last released alpha and it seems strange to me that fps falls every 2-3 seconds. But that's a tech problem and i'm sure you'll fix it, so never mind.
Other problem is the options dialogue at the begging of the map. I wasr andomly chosing diffrent game types, but haven't noticed any difference. You gameplay lacks discription and small tips maybe? Maybe you could add an intro cinematic or something? Or even a small video on youtube, so players could appreciate your work?
Nevertheless, i'm following you project with great interest)

Level 10
Well, I played last released alpha and it seems strange to me that fps falls every 2-3 seconds. But that's a tech problem and i'm sure you'll fix it, so never mind.
Other problem is the options dialogue at the begging of the map. I wasr andomly chosing diffrent game types, but haven't noticed any difference. You gameplay lacks discription and small tips maybe? Maybe you could add an intro cinematic or something? Or even a small video on youtube, so players could appreciate your work?
Nevertheless, i'm following you project with great interest)

Thank you Vincent Freeman for your feedback. We are well aware of those issues and trying to fix them. I must agree with you that many new players might welcome some tips, though I thought we can wait with it for Beta. Alpha is just a very tiny bit, which will allow us to get more supporters. There will be big upgrades in future versions (as you could see our screenshots) and I hope we won't disappoint you.

Btw we fixed all modes. FPS still slowly increases, but nothing severe. Tower knockback is the last mystery.

What's going on now is a trouble at the mountains :D
I did not remove the right mountain beside the Direfury WC3ScrnShot_110214_145256_03.png WC3ScrnShot_110214_145314_05.png because it will look bad if i did , it is not actually a mountain but only a small hill (Then after that hill is the desert).

I might show you WIP later showing the Desert and the Mountains (hopefully , coz there's f'kin trouble out there) . :)

Too lazy to upload WIP Images :D

---

Desert Biome , suggestions?
Yes it is empty , because it is a desert.

WC3ScrnShot_110214_144320_02.png WC3ScrnShot_110214_144311_01.png

---

So i will leave the mountains first and focus on Spiritar's Camp :D
May i ask , where do these clans live? Swamp?

Last edited:
Level 10
I don't mind that hill that much, I just need you to keep some space for AI hostile clans and monster camps. The map already seems too full for anything else to be added later. Don't take me wrong, I like how it looks right now, but gameplay is also very important.

Mountain don't have to be exactly on the mountain, it could be near the mountain. I really like the spiral thingy idea, just not going fully on top. We are going to add creatures similar to Gronns in WoW lurking in the corners around the mountain. There should be higher ground around the mountain.

Desert is fine, maybe I would add some skeletons/bones. Maybe huge ribbs of a dead monster with a control point in the middle. Also maybe you could expand it a bit more to the south-east and make it bigger. There's a big hight change in the north of the desert, but hard to say if it's good or bad.

Uff, that's hell a lot of text. So let's continue. Spiritar is in the middle of jungle-swampy area, which is called the Overgrowth. Here is a pic for better imagination: http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/ohyeahworldofwarcraft/1098117705/1/tumblr_l7rtobvoQb1qb8fy8

Good job my friend! I like the progress :)

@kakuzu No I'm afraid, Beta will take much time to be finished. Yeah sure we can give our team a name, but kinda out of ideas, suggestions? (please no Fluffy Unicorns and Tasty Hamburgers)

Last edited:
Desert is fine, maybe I would add some skeletons/bones.
Great Idea!

There's a big hight change in the north of the desert, but hard to say if it's good or bad.
Well , seeing the reference image you sent me [http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/ohy...tobvoQb1qb8fy8] , you will also see tall mountains near or beside the desert , so i think it's fine. :)

So yeah , i'll drop another WIP Image on the mountains.
The defense seems a great advantage for the mountains clan. WC3ScrnShot_110214_190827_02.png

Yeah sure we can give our team a name, but kinda out of ideas, suggestions? (please no Fluffy Unicorns and Tasty Hamburgers)
We call ourselves "The Deadly Skeletons"

lol

Level 10
Great Idea!

Well , seeing the reference image you sent me [http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/ohy...tobvoQb1qb8fy8] , you will also see tall mountains near or beside the desert , so i think it's fine. :)

So yeah , i'll drop another WIP Image on the mountains.
The defense seems a great advantage for the mountains clan. View attachment 140618

We call ourselves "The Deadly Skeletons"

lol

The Deadly Skeletons, lol.

Could you send me a map pls? Screenshots sometimes change the whole perspective.

Level 10
I wouldn't say that it's bad kakuzu, but I doubt players will recognize us under such name. "Argos and Friends" sounds a bit gay, "Argos and Argosers" is too argosy and "Argos and Team" is weird :DD

How about Argos and Co. / Argos Co. = Argos and Company. Anyway it sounds too selfish :(

Status
Not open for further replies.