• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Un-Named ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Un-Named ORPG

Description: This map will be a huge dungeon with a starting city were you could train and level up against mini bosses and creeps. The big dungeon for this ORPG will be a deserted mine full of monsters, traps, secrets, and bosses to kill. Bosses can only be killed once. Mini Bosses outside the dungeon will revive. This will be a well-terrained map that will noticably resemble a city, a desert and a dungeon.

StoryLine:(To do)

Map Data

Map Size: 256/256

WorldMap:
Untitled-109.jpg

Legend:
Dark Brown represents the mountians(only outlined for now, not filled in)
Green represents the trolls
Sandy Brown represents the desert(orcs)
Everywhere else are were the other reigons will be.

Creeps:
Barrens:

Level 5 are mini bosses and Level 6 are bosses. Units appear equal to your level. If you have a lower level player, his level units will appear and the level between your and your allies level creeps will be made.

Level 1:
Centaur Scout
Quill Boar

Level 2:
Centaur Archer
Razormane Scout

Level 3:
Lizard
Centaur Warrior
Quill Boar Hunter

Level 4:
Centaur Sorcerer
Razormane Brute
Desert Lizard

Level 5:
Centaur Guard
Quill Boar Guard

Level 6:
Centaur Khan
Quill Boar Chieftain
Desert Lizard Deszaga

Hero's:

Orc:
1. Dazragul - Oracle of Fire
2. Duragor - City Founder and Leader(WarChief)

Troll:
(working on it)

Tauren:
(working on it)

Cities:
Orc: Duragor
Troll: Devasha
Tauren: (no name)

Zones:
Szahel Desert(orc)
Dergano Mountians(tauren)
Amazon Forest(troll)
Mount Deliha(gold mine)
Zahehale Forest(wilderness)

Hero's:

Warrior: Warriors are hero's that deal the most damage and take in the most damage so they are your front line. Warriors will have skills that will stun units, deal extra damage on attack and instante abilities that will heavily damage units around them. Hero's will be strength based and will have slowest cooldown.

Warrior Spells:

Enraged – The warrior gains endurance and strength increasing his attack speed and movement speed for a period of time. The only downfall is that your hero loses life due to the strain on his body.
Battle Slam – The Warrior slams the ground pushing everyone away and dealing stun damage to all units affected.
Shock Wave – The Warrior slams the ground pushing everything in a direction causing a cripple in the ground that moves and deals damage to all enemies in the way.
Thrust – The Warrior slides to the target dealing damage to the target and units beside the target. The targets get pushed back and stunned.
War Cry – The Warrior screams a cry that races everyone’s heart causing them to deal much more damage for a period of time.
War Strike – The Warrior strikes a enemy unit with all his strength causing the unit to get stunned dealing massive damage to the target.
Jump Strike – The Warrior jumps to a target area dealing damage and moving units across un-walk able areas.

Damage: High
Life: Very High
Armour: High
Cooldown: Low
Mana: Low

Warlock: Warlocks are hero's that help out allies by healing but most of all, deal masive damage with spells and are able to summon and weaken enemies. Warlocks are your back line and will back you up with buffs. Warlocks will be intelligent based.

Damage: Medium
Life: Medium
Armour: Low
Cooldown: High
Mana: Very High

Rogue: Rogues are stealthy hero's that deal the most damage but have the smallest life. Rogues must dodge attacks and do quick damage. The Rogues abilites include Blink Strike, Hide, etc. Rogues are agility based.

Rouge Spells:

Assassinate – The Rouge moves extremely quickly to a target dealing critical damage and then moving back to were he was before.
Back Stab – If the rouge is behind a enemy and attacks the enemy, the rouge deals extra back stab damage to that enemy causing the enemy to bleed.
Fade – The rouge hides itself in the shadow making it un seen by enemies and when the rouge attacks when invisible, the rouge deals extra damage and turns visible.

Damage: Very High
Life: Low
Armour: Low
Cooldown: High
Mana: High

More Hero's will be added on.

Systems:

Inventory System:
In the first versions, I will include a simple inventory system that allows you to have 1 weapon per arm, body armour, Helmet,etc and at the same time, carry potions and weapons that will aid you in battle. In the future, I hope to go more advance but for now, I will keep it simple.

Camera: Camera's that will be included are 3rd Person Camera and a camera that is a bit on your angle but similar to the default camera and it will be locked to your unit.

Running System:
You will be able to run but running uses up energy which you gain 0.7 per second. Maximum energy is 100 and running uses up 4 per second.

Good Terrain: The terrain will be perfected to resemble actual dungeons and villages.

Fog System: As the time of the day changes, the fog will change to darker at night and lighter during the day. There will also be different fogs in different area's for example, when you enter the city, the fog is kinda whiteish orange. When you enter the dungeon, it will be more darker and the fog will only affect you. There will also be a sun that rises and you could watch it if you like if your not inside the dungeon.

Zones: When entering different zones for the first time, you will have a cinematic showing around how the zone looks like to make it feel more of a RPG.

Weather System:
Weather Effects will be added and when it rains, puddles will be made and your attackspeed can lower. When its a hot day, your hero will lose life after some time and puddles will dry up.

Arrow Key Movement System: Pressin the arrow keys will move your hero instead of clicking. That way, your hero will move much quicker and you won't have troubles getting up hills and stuff.

WASD Camera System: Pressing WASD to change your camera rotation will be added but holding the key won't work.You need to keep pressing the key to move the cameraa and to reset the camera, type -reset. W would change the distance of your camera by increasing the height, A would move the camera to the left around your hero,S would zoom into your hero and decreasing your camera height, D would move your camera right around the hero.

Attachment System:
When getting items like swords and armour, your hero will actually have the items on you for example, when you equip a sword, your hero will have the same sword on his model.

Screenshots:
Untitled-101.jpg

Untitled-103.jpg

Untitled-108.jpg

Untitled-107.jpg

Untitled-110.jpg

Untitled-111.jpg

Untitled-112.jpg

Untitled-113.jpg

What I Need: I need a trigger maker who can trigger map triggers and spells. Systems are already made by me or by other people. I need a model maker who can recreate the tree request(http://www.wc3c.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5122&d=1146148794) and be able to model tauren and troll hero's.

The Team:
D.V.D: Terrainer, Ideas, Story Writer
wellwish3r: Trigger

Progress:

Terrain:
City: 80%
Desert: 0%
Dungeon: 0%
Triggers: 5%

Last edited:
Level 8
Thanks. I actually just got the inspiratio to make this map today. And that terrain was all made today. Actually, Im trying to finish the city today and tommorow make it 100% playable.

Level 8
Im in a really into terrain now and its pretty easy with copy and paste. I just now made another building and Im going to start adding tree's before I need to go and sleep.

Level 6
the city looks l33t. forgot to reply here. it's too imba to be handled by my powers...

Level 8
Lol, thanks. Im going to make some more buildings to replace the warcraft orc buildings(just the beastry) and then I'll start adding pathing blocks and so on. Right now, Im probably going to go to church and later my friend is coming over so I will update maybe in like 5 hours.

Level 8
That'd be awesome. Just do you code in GUI, Jass, or vJass? I've got the description of the spell:

Ground Stomp:

Description: The Warrior slams the ground causing a wave of the earth around him push out all the units away from him and stun the units for 3 seconds.

Level 1: 20 damage, 100 distance of pushback, 10 mana.
Level 1: 35 damage, 150 distance of pushback, 15 mana.
Level 1: 64 damage, 200 distance of pushback, 20 mana.

Effects used for slide: implae sand effect
Effects Used for Stomp: War Stomp

Level 8
You can't really say that cause all I did was the orcish city of Duragor. I still need to make the tauren's, the trolls, and the huge goldmine(dungeon). And yours is more than half way finished.

Level 8
Added a bit more info on the first post. Its the map data base. Has the storyline hero's, cities, and zones for now.

Level 8
Guys, I need idea's in what to put in the desert. I don't want to just leave it plain with some bumpy hills but Im out of idea's on what to put. Can you guys help?

Level 8
I'll include a Oasis. Well here are the WIPs for now:

Untitled-105.jpg

Untitled-106.jpg

BTW, could someone please do the request on my signature? I really need it for the project.

Level 8
No problem. I've done quite a bit in the past 1 and a half days. But I won't be getting so much time because Im ending grade 8 and I might not see most of my buddies anymore since Im going to a different high school. Anyway, added some more shrubs. Here's the picture now:

Untitled-107.jpg

Untitled-108.jpg

Level 8
8th grade is the best year except the beggining. You need to do really good in school to get to your highschool which can be a pain but after, its really fun. Added a World Map of outlined stuff. The green represents the troll's forest, the sandy orange represents the desert and the dark brown represents the mountians( I didn't fill in the dark brown, just outlined). Everywhere else, there will be the dungeon.

World Map:
Untitled-109.jpg

Level 5
Fantastic screenshots keep em coming! maybe do a video that overgoes all your created terrain? just a thought

Level 8
Can't do that yet. Still too little of the terrain has been done and I would need someone to do that cause I don't have any program that will make a video for me. Good Idea. I'll probably do it. Thanks.

Level 8
I'm going to stop working on the map for now because my bro needs computer for project and I need to study. All pics are at the first post too and the Oasis is covered by a mountain so its going to be harder to get too. I still really need that tree model done for this map.

Level 6
that looks amazing, desert like, and plain. is there an orange grass? kinda autumn grass?

oasis is good, and what i mean about plain is, plain for a barrens like desert, which is good. not too filled with trees, grass and rocks, and not too lacking in it also. good job.

Level 8
Its orange dirt grass. In the real desserts, they actually exists. They fill up the desert and don't look out of place.

Level 8
I'm just scared the doodads are too big compared to the units. I will check on that later since I can't now. Updated the first post with more systems. Still looking for someone to model the tree for me. I need everyone's help again. I need a couple of tauren names and a tauren villages name. And I need a couple of troll's names and a troll's village name.

Level 8
Ahh, that grass. That part shows were the trolls forest will be and were the grass starts growing. I also used the same grass for the Oasis because the water would grow grass around it. It won't look like that in the actual map. There will be more doodads to make it look like a transition from desert to forest.

Level 6
Ahh, that grass. That part shows were the trolls forest will be and were the grass starts growing. I also used the same grass for the Oasis because the water would grow grass around it. It won't look like that in the actual map. There will be more doodads to make it look like a transition from desert to forest.

the oasis is great.

Level 8
I will. The units are actually pretty good at their original size of 1.00. They will fit through the gate and the doors so don't worry. Added to the first post that I need a model maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.