• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tomoraider's Campaign Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hi all, I have some news which might be good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

As you may remember, I have already said few times in the past that I do not feel the same about Shadow of Blood as I felt about the other two campaigns. After some thinking, I've decided that there is no point to work on it anymore.

There is just no point if I don't find it interesting enough. It's interesting, sure, but it's not interesting enough to keep me really excited about it. I mean, it's been 4 or 5 months since I started it and I only one map has been finished and a little of next one. I basically had to force myself to work on it, and that's not something I want to do.

If I did continue to work on it, you would have got a completely uninspiring campaign that definitely would not have been able to be as good as RotBE or CotF. So yes, I am quitting working on SoB, and I'm actually done with any warcraft-lore related campaigns overall.

That's about it. I hope you understand my reasons, and well, if you don't, it doesn't really matter. But this doesn't mean I'm quitting forever. I am just not going to create warcraft-lore related campaigns anymore. I might do a campaign or something else one day again, but it would be something completely different set in a completely different world.

Level 23
What a sad news. :( I'm really looking forward to it though. But still I understand about how you feel about it. its your choice anyway and work on something you love that's not forcing you or anything to do it. Best of luck to you in your future projects..

Edit: When I saw this thread was opened again I was very exciting for I though it would be a good news or some sorts but I didn't expected this, to be like this. *feels sad*

Last edited:
Level 11
Well Tomo, I must say I did not see this coming. But you're right, you must do whatever you want to do, not that you feel forced too. I might be good to don't play it tho, as you said, that would not be as good as RotBE or CotF.
Anyway, I just hope you don't quit WC things, and I wish you luck, in whatever you decide to do next.

I hope you understand my reasons, and well, if you don't, it doesn't really matter.

OOOWWW! TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!

Level 3
Well that's a shame. I was really looking forward for this, but I understand. At least, thanks for letting us experiance world of warcraft story :D.

Level 20
Oh what a shame...I was really looking foward to this considering how good it predecessors are :(
Well...Good luck on whatever you are doing :) and thanks for the awesome campings :)

Level 3
RotBE was based on TBC, CotF - on WotLK. Shadow of Blood was supposed to be about Cataclysm, and Cataclysm lore sucks. Completely understandable.
At least, there will be no trash things from tomoraider! tomoraider = quality.

Level 12
Well I do really look forward and hope you'll make something unique, seeing as you truly put effort and bring life to your campaigns. Other than that, you might as well find interest and excitement in working on fictional world campaigns, as there you have to use your creativity to the maximum level.

Level 4
Well i dont care if you are going to do WC lore campaign or not, i only care if you are going to do a campaign D: your campaings were the best CCampaigns i have played EVER

Level 6
I see no problem here.

Tomo works for free thus he gets to pick what his project is about.

We, campaign addicts, don`t really care about the setting as long as the campaign is well made and has a good plot.

Let your imagination fly Tomo, let it be free. :D

Level 26
F09FErf.jpg

Level 16
Is tomoraider still working with this, no news for a long time.

Unfortunately he noted that he lacks the motivation to work with this, so there's really little hope he's ever going back to making this. To be fair, the lore is pretty complicated thus far in WoW. I lost interest in reading let alone planning a huge project as Tomo's.
BUT
Tomo might make a different appearance which everyone might find even more awesome, as I did. Thus the teasers so far, until he's ready to reveal anything, I'd only suggest to keep your hopes up, it will be a good year. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.