• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] TLotR: Dagor os Ennorath - Amon Hen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
"The Lord of the Rings: Dagor os Ennorath - Amon Hen"

Creators:

Seferantus/Seforion/Shin-Orojin;
Animating,Terrain,Ripping/Converting Models etc.

Tachimaru;
Trigger,Systems,Spells etc.

About the Map:

(I actually didn't wanted to write about my current project but I'm so hyped about it so I couldn't resist :p)

This Map will be a Survival featuring incomming Waves of Orcs and will take place at Amon Hen,
the "Survivor"-Team will be able to choose there heroes of the Fellowship of the Ring.

Some new kind of System, I don't want to tell about it yet, you will have to wait for it. :p

First Release:
- 2 Modes
(Easy; made for 1-2 Players, Normal; made for 2-4 Players)
- 4 Players
(Will Increase with versions)
- Secret Heroes
(Which will be unlocked via codes at the Hero-Selection)

Playable Heroes:

Aragorn;
A strong supportive Warrior, who is able to switch between Sword and Bow, heal his allies and stun giant hordes.

2jcdkqc.jpg

[Passive/Active] Sword/Bow:
Aragorn can switch between his Sword and Bow.

[Q/Target] Dagger-Throw:
Aragorn throws his Elven-Dagger at his opponent.
Normal Units will die instantly while big Units will get stunned and crippled for a while.

[W/AoE] Elendil:
Aragorn shouts out the name of the High-King Elendil, just the name of the High-King let his foes morale shatter.
He get's a Power-Boost and stuns the enemies around him.

[E/Target] Athelas:
Aragorn is able to heal the wounds of his allies with the Athelas.

[R/Channel] Oathbreaker:
-

Boromir;
A strong Tank with high crowd control, who is able to taunt masses of orcs and is able to increase the morale of his allies.

~Soon~

Legolas;
A Ranged High-DPS, no Sustain but able to deal massive AoE/Line damage.

~Soon~

Gimli;
A Heavy Tank, able to jump into the masses and boost himself up.

~Soon~

Screenshots:

v2zryh.jpg

mb3ez9.jpg

afhau9.jpg

Progress:

Terrain: 100%
Models: 50%
Spells: 15%
Systems: 80%

Credits:

I will write the whole credit-list down after the first release.

Level 4
andrea, if ur able to provide some great tiles why not, and like i wrote there before i'm probably going to change the tree's, but right now I have to go for animations of the heroes they take most of the time, Aragorn has 70+ the others might just need the half of it but still alot of work.

Level 14
Well I could help with the tiles, what kind of tiles that you need? Also it would be better if you shown how the new trees looks like so I could bend the tile color with the trees so it doesn't looked off.

Or maybe you could look through this realistic stuff: High-Res Doodad Pack & Expansion
Just make sure you compress their textures since it's on full quality.

Uhmm what's 70+? 70+ hours? o_O
Since this isn't cinematic I suggest you don't have to put alot of animations to save your time on animating each model.

Level 14
Dayum, isn't 70+ animations per models is too much? What kind of systems require such thing?

And most of the custom tiles might have a high quality but ingame the edges doesnt seem to be that good thats why I haven't added custom tiles yet.
Well, if you had any texture file before and wanted to turned it into tiles, I could try to make it into tiles without edges.

I also had this forest tiles I use for upcoming project, although the green grass one isn't final (still had the psd. file so I could reconvert into 100% quality), I could share if you would like to.

138558d1408723773-tlotr-dagor-os-ennorath-amon-hen-forest-tiles.jpg

Attachments

• forest tiles.jpg
    forest tiles.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 382
Level 4
Four heroes only?!

Oh well, hobbits are a hassle. It is very hard to do skillsets for them. Anyways, wish you well with this one. Does it need a sig?

"- 4 Players
(Will Increase with versions)"

So that means there will be more heroes to come, there only 4 because i need tons of animations for each of 'em, if you would've read abit the thread I noted that Aragorn as example got 70+ Animations for the used system we got there.

And yeah Hobbits, they will be added but i'm not quite sure about there skill-sets at all, they haven't done that much and using the same skill for each is kinda lame, might go for example Pippin and Merry as one Unit.

This map really consumes time just by Animating Heroes, but like I wrote I'm doing right now some requests for a mate which takes some time before I am able to start this project again.

Level 4
This looks promising , try going for the same feel as they did in the games , Battel for Middel earth is a good start.
For Aragon isn't it a bit early to give him oath breaker . He has reached that far in the story so perhaps you should make his skills more ranger like .

Status
Not open for further replies.