• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Great War of Living

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone! I created a new semi-melee map called "The Great War of Living" which is a 1v1 map with a small scenario.
Code:
After thousands years, the races of Azeroth formed an united legion against Arthas, The Lich King. Having no escape, he ran into the deep forests of Ashenvale. Without knowing, Tyrande Whisperwind was spying him with her elf army. But the 2 leaders ran away, leaving their armies in a continously fight.
The gameplay is a melee one but you can be Undead or Night Elf.

-2 bases, an undead one and a night elf one. You construct them, like in a melee map.
-Melee characteristics like since it's a 1v1 map, it has 4 gold mines, some creeps to level up and 2 shops in the middle.
-Everything is balanced. The Night Elfs are not better than The Undead and The Undead are not better as well than the Night Elfs.

I want people's opinion about this map before I release it. Maybe I could change it! :confused:

Thanks! :grin: ( Also, please ignore the bump messages, I was globally ignored when I posted some of them. )

Pics:
1. Undead base
2. Night Elfs's base
3. Some creeps (There are more!)
4. Another creeps (There are more!)
5. Undead graveyard. (Just a place, maybe to hide)
6. Night Elf village. (Same as the graveyard)
7. Middle of the map, where the 2 races may meet or not.

Attachments

• The Great War of LivingPROT.w3x
    216.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 1 und base.JPG
    1 und base.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 2 ne base.JPG
    2 ne base.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 3 und creeps.JPG
    3 und creeps.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 4 ne creeps.JPG
    4 ne creeps.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 194
  • 5 und graveyard.JPG
    5 und graveyard.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 6 ne village.JPG
    6 ne village.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 7 middle.JPG
    7 middle.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Level 2
Bump! Information updated!

EDIT: Can anybody test it or something like that and give me an opinion please? :( I also think that AI system works. (the melee one.)

Last edited:
Level 2
Bump. I know you guys don't like melee maps too much but at least could you please test it? Would take just a little moments of your life, I wish I knew what's not nice at this map... :sad:

I wish to make it a big map, a map that I'll work on a lot and get better and better versions. :grin:

P.S In about 5 minutes I'm adding screenshots to my original post.

Level 11
Or you can play warcraft 3.... i dont see any unit changes, its just like you took out human and orc and said you made a map.

Level 2
Or you can play warcraft 3.... i dont see any unit changes, its just like you took out human and orc and said you made a map.

And you're right, it's like a private war or whatever, but it's just a small storyline like DotA is...
At least respect people's work, it's just the 1st beta not-released version. :sad:

Level 11
well its not your work if you made no changes to it, its blizzards work, all you did was cut cut and cut. Ill respect it if you put idk a new tech tree into it. Then that be cool, like up to tier 8 or something. Or new models, and spells. If all you did was make a melee map and put in 2 races ok. Ill give you credit for the terrain and call this map standard melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.