• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dark Cloud RPG.... A Demo release of Valland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
~~Introduction~~

A have made some descisions that i have finnally acted upon. Since the public has been forever waiting for the release of The original " The Dark Clou RPG" ( Which will most likly never be completed) I am taking action, and creating a Demo of The Dark Cloud RPG....in a new land.

*~*Story*~*

In this Demo, which i am hoping will be released very soon, You get to CHOOSE your character. Here is your story.

- In the land of Valland, The legendary continent of the Elves, a new threat has arrived...or should i say an old threat...
The Dark Cloud, defeated by Corith Gadin 270 years ago has arisen once again. although for many years, the Dark Cloud's influence has wained in the continent of Elora, they have crossed the great sea and climbed the cliff shores of Valland. They have now pressed deep into the land, and bring with them corruption and foul beasts and horrible creatures.

- In the Capitol of Valland, Yulandora, you are just an adventurer trying to make your way in life. News spreads quick of the Dark Cloud heading toward yulandora. Lucky for this capitol, the great Wall protects them from any attacks north. If this wall were to be besieged, it would be rather impregnable. However the king needs all able bodied warriors to combat the threat. You are one of these warriors. You will divulge in a world of mystery, conflict, and best of all.... FUN ! =)

Demo Features

The Following features are the features that will be included in the Demo :

1- Similiar in part to guild wars, you will have abilitiesthat arrange with your class. You will be able to have 2 classes. For instance, if you are a warrior, and you decide to be a priest as well, you can do some quests and you will be givin the priest abilities as well as warrior abilities ( even though you will not have the benifits of being a full fledged warrior or priest, you will get to expierence both worlds.)

2- There will be classically, and ESC attack style. Where in order to attack with your melle weopon you will have to press the ESC key. Strategiacally use this to inflict the most damage on your opponents while using spells and abilities to help further aid you.

3- Movement with arrow keys and an RPG camera will be in this demo. The Camera is perfectly smooth. Even though not Height variatent friendly, the terrain will be specailly layed out to prevent this from happeneing.

4- a 480 x 480 map of the World of Valland. This is 4 times the size of a regular 256 x 256 epic map. More exploration, dungeons etc will be done( Not in Demo, however when the demo becomes a whole map, dungeons will be included)

5- Realistic envirnment. high resolution models further enhance your gameplay expierence. Also features nice guild wars ambience and music.

6- Hopefully in the demo, there will be High resolution UNITS. This way it seems all the more real. Although the map size is big, it wont make much of a difference. The map size currently is about 56 MB.

**Team**

At the moment there is no team, i plan to recruit some members to help me finish this :

1 - Main Terrainer : Thedeathunterxx
Co Terrainer : Ozirus

2 - Main Scriptor :
Co Scriptor : Asomath ( Boss creator and triggerer )
Lord of Sausage ( GUI triggerer )

3 - Modeler :
Modeler :

4 - Object editor Manager : Vercas
Co Obeject editor Manager :

~~~Screenshots~~~

Here are screenshots of the area that i have so far. I also added new ones for those who are thinking this map is wack.

1) This is the Evalla River, located due east of Yulandora, the capitol city. A serene and peacful landscape blessed by the elves to never drought.

2) This is the Epic grand city of Yulandora. A busy city filled with all sorts of humanoid beings, such as elves, dwarfs, humans, Harads and Ulanduls.

3) This is the Great Wall of Valland. Towering hundreds of meters in the air, it is nearly impregnable and stretches from the Angun Mountains to the Sea of Penadul.

4) This is the Warrior selection screen. you select your character here. An intuitive arrow key selection is used to help you select which character is right for you. The warrior is a strong Fighter

5) This is the Rogue selection screen. Rogues are quick and Agile.

6) This is the Mage selection screen. Mages are good at inflicting magical damage and obliterating enemies. ( The Ranger Screen is not up yet. )

7) and 8) These are Ingame shots of me testing the map with a ranger. Of course, the fundemental componenets of the classes are not put in yet. We will set up the units when i find an object editor.

Attachments

• Evalla River.jpg
    Evalla River.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,765
  • Yulandora.jpg
    Yulandora.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,670
  • The Great Wall of Valland.jpg
    The Great Wall of Valland.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,537
  • Selection Screen Warrior.jpg
    Selection Screen Warrior.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 1,560
  • Selection Screen Rogue.jpg
    Selection Screen Rogue.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 2,292
  • Selection Screen Mage.jpg
    Selection Screen Mage.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 1,366
  • Test Picture 1.jpg
    Test Picture 1.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 3,467
  • Test Picture 2.jpg
    Test Picture 2.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 3,459
Last edited:
Level 18
Oh WOW hugeeeeee update :

I have by quiete easy means aquired a bunch of the legendary Black_Stan Models.

These models, all of which are high resolution, will be placed in the map to see how well they fit. Such models are hard to come by, but i finnally found them =)

Thats one less modeler we need !

btw : Vercas is now on the team =D

if anyone wants to be apart of this awsome project, please contact me x.x

Level 18
NWN ? what is that ?

perhaps both projects used B2m's high resolution model package.

and thanks =) i wish i can get it hosted , but unfortunatly i can not at the time being.

Edit : Ohhh NeverWinterNights, NWN, lol i see

the textures are from various places, perhaps some wall textures were extracted from that game, im not quiete certain.

Level 3
lol "Great wall that protects from all attacks from the north" and the dual proffesion thing... it is like GuildWars!.. BTW if you really need help i'm experienced in making playable terrain.

Level 7
I would like to help with the terrain if there is a position :)

Im good with evil/demonic/statue/thrones/kingdom style stuff.

Level 4
i would love to be the tester :D!

i give great feedbacks

when is the demo coming out? just curious
if you said it before, im sorry i must have missed it.

Level 18
Ahh yes newjen is awsome

Btw, there is no definete date for release... recently the project has been a little inactive (things are getting done, but at an alarmingly slow rate ) Most lilkly this is due to the minimal amount of people on the team ( so far there are only 2 people who are working on it. )

im trying to become more active on it, but im still hoping some nice terrainers and sciptors can come join the team... right now the map is in a state of good condition, with the exception of some stupid bugs. However there is no gameplay factor yet ( abilities , quests , items etc..) right now you can only navigate your character, select your character and look at the nice terrain =)

Level 18
1)well we have loading screen covered.

2)That would be great, however we are not quiete sure on what item system we are goiing to have ( Artifical (multiboard based etc.. ) or Real (where the weopons are in actual inventory ) )

3) Yes i need help with that...
4) Sorry, but im gonna need expert terrainers for this project =p ( someone as good, or better then me )

So Narrator. Do you have AIM ? If you dont log on to www.Aim.com, and create an account etc, and it will be easier for us to communicate and transfer maps etc.

-----

And if nobody read correctly, the maps are advanced as fuck, itll take a bit of time to create a worthy demo for realease, let alone a entire MAP.

Right now the Demo is still being created and in progress. If i can get another good terrainer, i can pick up the pace a bit.

Level 13
lol i cant wait to play it thought i don't like that u use the high res pack just the textures of the buildings make me think of a different type of wc3

lol fate stay night whats with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.