• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tales of Avalon ORPG: An ORPG different from others...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Storyline

Peace have reigned for 1000 Years in Avalon since God, together with the Titans, have succeeded in repelling Sargeras back into the Twisted Nether and sealing the gate. Through these 1000 years, people have become divided as there is no common enemy. Wars are waged on former allies and the people suffered in misery. God saw the negligence of human of the eternal danger of Sargeras and thus left Avalon for the people to fend for themselves. Without the power of God to empower the seal, the Seal is slowly weakening and chaos shall reign again in Avalon...As the shadows of the Twisted Nether corrupted the lands, the people, now having a common enemy again, have started to unite to defend their lands from the inevitable fight with Lord of Twisted Nether Sargeras. Travellers all over the world have started to move towards the corrupted lands, joining forces to repel the increasing numbers of undead. Your story starts as a traveller whose destiny is to become one of the saviours of Avalon.

Prelude Hero Defense map.

Defense of the Titans is undergoing modifications to release as the Conquest Series so it will not be available at the moment.

ToA is currently on hold for an indefinite time due to work constraints.

The Game

ToA ORPG is an ORPG that try give more unique and different features from other ORPGs. Although i tried to summarise the contents, the features stated are still long but it shows the different unique features of ToA. So take your time, you may want to rest awhile if you are tired from reading.

World of Avalon

Avalon is split into 3 Continents, the Amoria,Bravio and Devil and 2 Islands namely Avalon and Exia. Travelling between continent is by airship instead of waygates for a more realistic feel. I would release BETA when Amoria is done and Bravio when the game is released. Devil will requires more work as it will be the final continent to go.

Stats

There will be 6 different stats,

Strength - Adds hp, damage
Agility - Adds attack speed, damage
Intellegence - Adds mana, damage
Dex - Adds Crit and Evade
Vitality - Adds hp Significantly
Magic - Adds mana significantly

You may think that my stats system is very simple. Yes, i want my stats system to be simple as i dislike complicated stats system like TKoK or Dark Invasion II personally. From the stat system you can already understand that mage add int and magic, swordsman add str and vit and so on. The reason dex,vit and magic is implemented is to have varying difference from each player's character. 5 stat points will be given for each level.

Item Bank

There will be a bank in each Major City where you can store your items! Saving of items from item bank will be available!

Save Load System

The Save Load system is split into 2 categories, the Item Save and the Hero Save. The hero save basically saves your stats, Hero, Story Quest, gold and honor points while the Item save saves items from your Item Bank.

Inventory System and Equipment System

The inventory and equipment system is made with multiboard, allowing you to have 25 item slots and 8 types of Equipment slots. You also have a backpack that carry 6 items where you can put comsumables and so on. The best part is THERE IS A WEAPON ATTACHMENT SYSTEM :D.

PQ System

Well, this is something like a dungeon but the vital difference is that they start every 10 minutes and so if you have not finished doing the PQ by then, you and your friends in the PQ will be teleported out for the next batch of players to go in. This will mean that you are racing against time, increasing the tension and challenge. The PQs also feature puzzles, teamwork, triggered bosses and most importantly LOOTS!

Auction System

The game features an Auction System which allows players to bid for an item by the Auctioner. The items on auction are random and thus you may find something you want which is not sold in regular shops. There are also 10 AIs who will be competing with you so that you cannot try to "cheat" the auction by asking your friends to dont raise the bidding.

Weapon Upgrade System

ToA Weapon Upgrade Sytem is one of it's kind as each weapon can be upgraded 5 times! Damage and stats of the weapon will increase as you upgrade your weapon!

Classes and skills

The Class System in ToA will be totally different from other ORPGs as players can choose from 3 races, Elves, Human and Orcs. Players can then choose between Male and Female characters for Elves and Human races and male only for orcs. The unique thing about ToA is that Classes are Different for Male and Female characters. There is also a difference in skills for characters of the same class but different races! Overall, ToA will feature 16 different classes with 10 unique skills each when they reach 3 job Classes.

For a better understanding,

------------------
-------Elf--------
------------------

-MALE

*Beast Tamer-> Beast Fusionist -> Beast Master

*Druid-------> Nature Guardian--> Avatar

*Blader------> Blood Knight ----> Dark Knight

-Female

*Piercer--> Grand Piercer---->

*Ranger---> Bow Master------->

*Huntress-> Phantomist----> Shadower

------------------
------Human-------
------------------

-Male

*Swordsman

-Captain -Commander

-Mystic Swordsman -Arcane Knight

-Dragoneer -Dragon Knight

*Blader-----> Calibur ---> Majin

-Female

*Mage -Archmage Elementalist
-Fire -Fire -Fire
-Ice -Ice -Ice
-Lightning -Lightning -Lightning

-----------------
-------Orc-------
-----------------

-Male

*Warrior----> Berserker--> Ravager

*Samurai----> Shogun-----> Asura

*Hunter-----> Tracker----> Renegade

Professions

Tales of Avalon [ToA] currently features 6 different professions. Up to 3 professions can be learn by all types of heroes.

For the list of profession,

Cooking

Cooking in ToA is completely different from other ORPGs as cooking requires you to concentrate on the correct timing to remove your meat. If you remove your meat too early, it will be spoiled. If you remove too late, it will be burnt. A bar will show the timing above your hero when you are cooking. As you advance in the profession, your cooking skills improves and your cooked food will regain more health or mana.

Mining

Like runescape, mining is done by buying a pickaxe and using it on a mining site. The more rare your pickaxe is, the more durable it is and this allows you to mine more before you go back to town since normal pickaxe are not very durable and break easily. As you advance in the profession, the chances of getting better ores improves.

Augumenting

Augumenting allows you to combine ores to make rare metals. These metals are vital for crafting. As you advance in the profession, chances of success in combining improves.

Crafting

Crafting profession is split into different classes. Namely Sword, Gloves, Rune, Knuckles, Armor[Heavy], Armor [Light]. Your profession can only craft 1 class of item. Crafting requires metals obtained from Augumenting ores. Crafting allows you to make your own weapons without buying them from the auction shop, which sell at a high price.

Potion Making

Potion making allows you to have unlimited potions provided you have the right materials. The type of potions you can make increases when you advance in the profession

Fishing

Fishing allows you to get fish, which could be eaten to regain mana or sold to the vendor at quite a high price. More info on fishing will be added on later.

Quests

Tales of Avalon [ToA] quests consists of 5 types, 3 of which is completely different from other ORPGs.

Event Quests

These quests are activated by a -loadevent code. These quests allows you to venture into Event Only places, event only monsters, drops and sometimes 2x spawn rate or 2x drop rate. Example, on Christmas Day, a Christmas Event Quest may be release and the -loadevent Code will be available in the forum [Opening when the map is up.]

Tale Quests

These quests are activated by buying a Tale from the Lore Master. These quests are global and every1 will have to work together to complete a Tale Quest. The quest events will be in realtime meaning the quest will continue itself to the end of the story even if you do not do anything. In these tales, you will be joining heroes from all over the universe in the fight against evil.

Hunting Guild [HG] Quests

These Quests can be obtained from the hunting guild, asking you to slay 100 of a same type monsters. HG Quests is split into many categories, level 10 and below, level 20 and below and so on.

Main Quest

This is the storyline quest of the game. You can continue the quest if you save your game.

Normal Quests

These quests are what you normally see in ORPGs. Helping others, slaying monsters etc.

Staff
I am finding spell makers to aid me.

Dragoncy - Everything.
Frunck --- Spells

Terrain - 70% [Designed and starting to do in WE]
Creeps - 70% [Designed and starting to do in WE]
Heroes - 100% [Done!]
System - 80% [Reworking Auction System]
Spells - 45% Creating spells, I am not proficient at creating spells.
Items - 25% Creating items

PROJECT PROGRESS - 60% On hold for an Indefinite Time

Random Screenshots of the starting tutorial island Exia.

Last edited:
Level 5
Some screenshots pwease. Haha the cooking mining etc reminds me of the old days of runescape. The jobs are very unique and good, features normal. Follow this path as you progress, there are MANY and i mean MANY rpgs being made this days, so you have to make yours stand out. Good luck! Cheers

Level 4
Maybe you could change Potion Making to Herbalism so that it's just one word like the other professions? Plus, herbalism gives it a broader range if you decide to include more combinations than just potions in future updates.

Terrain isn't too good, but I guess you have a lot more to focus on. I agree with Spoontoobig about the palm trees not looking right with the city-style terrain.

Ideas for the female elf Ranger branch could be:

*Ranger---> Sharpshooter/Sniper ---> Bow Master

Bow Master just seems like it would be the highest ranking, especially when compared with the Beast class branch (since Beast Master is the final class).

Level 6
Maybe you could change Potion Making to Herbalism so that it's just one word like the other professions? Plus, herbalism gives it a broader range if you decide to include more combinations than just potions in future updates.

Terrain isn't too good, but I guess you have a lot more to focus on. I agree with Spoontoobig about the palm trees not looking right with the city-style terrain.

Ideas for the female elf Ranger branch could be:

*Ranger---> Sharpshooter/Sniper ---> Bow Master

Bow Master just seems like it would be the highest ranking, especially when compared with the Beast class branch (since Beast Master is the final class).

Yea i admit my terraining skills sucks. I will do something about the trees and the height variations. Sharpshooter is a good idea~ May implement it.

Status
Not open for further replies.