• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] [Survival] Ju-On: The Grudge - (Remake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Survival Horror] Ju-On: The Grudge - (Remake)

Zenonoth Presents

q22HZtk.jpg

~*Ju-On: The Grudge - (Remake)*~

- - - - Story - - - -

Story
"It is said in Japan...
When a person dies in a grip of a powerful rage...
A curse is born..
The curse becomes part of that place of death...
Those who encounter it will be consumed by it's fury..."

Five Japanese patients arrive at a hospital after encountering a ferocious vengeful spirit all day; their only escape is to regain whatever's left of that sanity and rescue themselves without getting consumed by the spirit.
- - - - Gameplay - - - -

Gameplay
• You take control of one of five patients
• The goal is to survive for 15 minutes
• The gameplay is dependent on a main stat: Sanity (Health)
• Each second you lose your sanity and your goal is to keep it up as long as possible to avoid being consumed
• You can pickup Pills or Adrenaline Needles to rejuvenate your sanity and increase your speed respectively
• You can also vomit at the toilet to restore some of your sanity and regain a minor consciousness
- - - - Screenshots - - - -

Screenshots
5qTyhwI.jpg

zbL3rig.jpg
- - - - Map Testing - - - -

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/ju-grudge-263284/?prev=status=p
Map Testing
- Provide nitpicking feedback and +Rep awaits you
- Help with any way and you'll receive your name added to the author/credit list
- Provide suggestions
- - - - Author List - - - -

Author List
Map Maker(s): Zenonoth

Last edited:
Level 31
Looks unique, I played it.

Ctrl + C removed locked camera, perhaps a period trigger locking camera to a unit would solve this. Also cinematic could not be skipped. Some imported music would do great and the constantly loud crying of a baby gets on nerves, hehe. What is more, perhaps the banshee could have a slightly smaller range of attack, because now it is extremely hard to avoid her even running around, she hits the air and I am dead. In addition, maybe some minor information could be placed in the quest log.

Despite that, map has an interesting concept. Vomiting part was hilarious. I am really impressed by the voice acting for the cinematic, it was you who did the acting or someone else? Or maybe you just took the audio from somewhere? If this voice actor is available, I would surely want his services. :) Junkie talks about needles and something valuable, is there a way to interact with them differently?

Level 5
This map seems very promising. I like what this could turn into :D
About to play it with my cousins/siblings (4 of us total).
I took a quick test run by myself beforehand though, and I think a good start could be adding a bgm that was always changing. Like if she got close to someone, change the bgm to that groan (moan? croak? uhh, what does she do?). That would give it an extra creepy factor. Also, you should include a possible first person view. Another thought would be that when you die and/or get attacked, what if you made a picture pop onto the screen, showing a scary face or something? This would synergize so well with 1st person.
Think about it, imagine walking down a hallway in 1st person. You hear the groaning, but don't see anything. Suddenly, a loud scream happens and her face appears on the screen! Afterwards, you can't do anything except lie there dead...

I hope you give these ideas a thought. Wish me luck!

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/slender-v1-4-a-222491/?prev=search%3Dslender%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
Whenever Slenderman gets close to someone, that static starts to play. He can go invisible, so you don't know who he's close to! There is also the option to play in 1st person view. AI slender works on this, so you should give it a go to see what I mean. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.