• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarGate Universe

Random planets or already made planets. (ie, Earth)

• Random planets !! ftw

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Already made planets !! ftw

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Undecided/Lazy

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11

attachment.php

37% Complete
StarGate Universe
The stargate dialing system is a unique system where it can dial any of the 21planets from the point of origen where you dial 7 symboles and the stargate will open to the planet code. Although, 10 planets will require you to dial 8 to 9 symboles which requires loads of amount of power.

NEW!!! I have introduced space, but this will be nothing like "Solar Conquest" There will be at least 15 Galaxys with 6 planets rotating around its sun. This will have 2 major conflicts, the traval of the stargate and the traval of the universe.

Questions:
How should the main planets be assigned to the players? Through wisps, randoming or player colour?

Recruitment Status [Recruiting]
Race Maker/Unit Maker Needed!

Project Members
AzTeC_DeViL2000 - (N/A)
rysnt11 - (Currently working on: StarGate Dialing System)

Current Status:
Planets: 11/39
Sytems: 0.8/2
Structures/Units: 7/100
Overall: 31/100

Current Images:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Map Features
-StarGate Forcefield, once you have researched a high level tech you will be avaiable to enhance your stargate with a forcefield identical to the irus which prevents any enemys getting through your stargate.

-Sounds! The sounds from the movie/tvshow of teleportation and opening/closing of the stargate!

Races:
Replicators
Goa'ud
Tauri
SG-1

Game Trailer:

Attachments

• sg2.jpg
    sg2.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 377
  • sg3.jpg
    sg3.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 451
  • sg4.jpg
    sg4.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 1,728
  • sg5.png
    sg5.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,091
  • sg1.png
    sg1.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 2,567
  • SGU[7].png
    SGU[7].png
    2.6 MB · Views: 2,503
  • SGU[8].png
    SGU[8].png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,893
  • SGU[9].png
    SGU[9].png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,665
  • SGU[5].png
    SGU[5].png
    2.3 MB · Views: 2,116
  • SGU[6].png
    SGU[6].png
    2.7 MB · Views: 2,208
  • SGU[10].png
    SGU[10].png
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,786
  • SGU[11].png
    SGU[11].png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,607
  • SGU[12].png
    SGU[12].png
    2.4 MB · Views: 3,318
  • SigStargateFinished2.png
    SigStargateFinished2.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 11,877
Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

A guy already did most of this around 6 months ago, you should be able to checkout what he did somewhere in the project recruitment section.

Level 11
Same. You need to use another world editor to do this. I normaly use this other editor for modifying the map to the max. Terrian heights, speed levels that can go over 540 and many other things.
Here is a link to this modified world editor.
http://www.wc3c.net/tools/weu/
I'm not sure if this is the latest version but i'm sure its the editor i used for it. Hope this helps.

edit: it's exactly the same all you have to do is just adjust the terrain levels as if you were doing it with normal world edit.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Nooooooooooooooooooo don't use weu, use jassnewgen.

Level 20
How do you make the cliffs on the fourth screenshot? I've always wondered about that.
You can alternatively use this way.

On topic:
Do something for those trees... You can raise/lower doodads in the editor by using ctrl + page up / page down after selecting them. In case you did not know.

Attachments

• My eyes be burning.jpg
    My eyes be burning.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 1,404
Level 11
Thanks, i only said weu because newgen don't work on my comp D: (windows 7) i beleive?

Edit: Those planets may not exist anymore though, people have requested 8 people playing, which means the castle orc trading planet would be desrroyed and remade and the one that you said about the trees, and since there are more voters for random planets i need to redue 6 planets to fit "Build from scratch mode". I Could fit 28 planets in to the game, haven't made my descision on that though...

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I'm using windows 7 and it works for me.

Level 11
Aghh, i forgot to put an expiring date on the poll and now i can't delete it :\ , any ideas on how to delete it lol?

Also, i am proudly to say that this stargate project will not be a fail as all the other stargate projects were, as in the project was abandonded. I am recruiting anyone who is good at creating objects such as tier levels of command centers for the 3 races. So basicly just the buildens and units etc.

Thanks,
Aztec...

LOVE YOU LONG TIME.
LOVE. YOU. LONG. TIME.

There are some problems with lore, for example Stargate Universe is actually about a ship (Destiny) flying through space and all,
And the intro song you have is for Stargate SG1, but whatever.
Just small details.

If you come through on this;
LOVE. YOU. LONG. TIME.

Also don't finish the story like they did in the series.
I was DEDICATED to that show and the ending of Season 2 (last season) was like.. OH MY GOD /SUICIDE NOW.
But yeah. Great work man!

Edit: I was on the Stargate Galaxies team that was making a SC2 mod but it failed miserably.
I was the 2D artist D:

Edit2:

Level 11
LOVE YOU LONG TIME.
LOVE. YOU. LONG. TIME.

There are some problems with lore, for example Stargate Universe is actually about a ship (Destiny) flying through space and all,
And the intro song you have is for Stargate SG1, but whatever.
Just small details.

If you come through on this;
LOVE. YOU. LONG. TIME.

Also don't finish the story like they did in the series.
I was DEDICATED to that show and the ending of Season 2 (last season) was like.. OH MY GOD /SUICIDE NOW.
But yeah. Great work man!

Edit: I was on the Stargate Galaxies team that was making a SC2 mod but it failed miserably.
I was the 2D artist D:

Edit2:

Awesome =D.
Well i have good news, aparantly there are rumours that StarGate Universe Season 3 may be coming, since around 3 million at least were watching SGU, thats enough for a show to go on, and there is a new stargate movie coming out, it's called "Stargate: Extension", release dates has not yet been made for both.

I have acouple of models that need editing, the "Ha'tak" and "Death Glider" have no death animations, stuff that they have no animations :p.

Edit: I do have SC2, but Warcraft 3 is just more reliable since it has been active for over 8 years, people say it'll be inactive when sc2 came out, nope.... It's still more active then any other computer game you'd play, mabye not PS3 Cod games but meh.

Level 15
Groovy! I voted for Already Made Planets, but anyway I`m tracking this. =)
IMPORTANT !!!
SHOULD I OR SHOULD I NOT CHANGE THE GAMEPLAY TO RPG??? THE GAME HAS BECAME SO BIG THAT RTS COULD BE A BAD OPTION FOR THE GAME...

VOTE EITHER,
1. RTS
2. RPG

or RTS crossed RPG..

Thankyou
Warcraft III is already a crossover of RTS and RPG. I think you should make that. :)

Level 15
Yah, though this is going to be a massive map, 45 planets to the maximum. For this to be completed i really need a team, i mean 6 planets orbiting the sun as well as moons...
I am a 3D modeler, story writer, project leader of well my project Millennium. I do some little of 2D graphics but those are really crappy textures.
I am also recording my own voice to create a creepy ambiance sounds. I am also a designer. I have a lot of concept art, because I draw a lot and also I am making terrains.
Can I be of any help... ? :)

Level 15
About the planets: I think you should make our Solar System and generate all the others, this will make ppl (if it's an RTS style map) have to explore not just make units and attack. Also as far as I can tell from our conversations you don't have any spaceships for Tauri, but oh c'mon, a battle without human battleships is a one-sided one ^^

Level 11
Well i dont care what skills you have, i just need people to work on the map =D. And you can start when ever you want.

Obvuisly there'll be big credits.

And

That does sound like an awesome idea but wouldn't it be better if there were 10 solar systems with 1 player in each? You know precisly where everyone is and there'll obvuisly be quests. Unless a mode can be chosen where you could do "Conquest" or "Univese" where conquest is your idea. This would require heavy loads of coding D:

I'm also in the poop where i have made a dungeon planet..
How will ships get in and out! Unless they just hover above it but when enemies come and all they see is blackness.

Level 15
Not really that heavy as I prefer dynamic GUI triggers :) And I'd like to participate in your project, but I have 2 problems
1:I have my own project
2:I'm not at home for a week or so
But I'll try to help you through the forum :) I'll be active till september for sure, after that anything can happen :D

Level 11
I Haz assignments too, but i've discovered that i can do 250 words in 30mins for my english assignment which is kinda fast so yah i guess i have lots of time =D

But depending where you live? Like if you lived in USA that is if you work on the map. We would basicly have 24 hour =D

Level 15
Hehe I live in right the middle of Europe-in Hungary to be specific MGT +1 -.- I don't really know how fast I am writing in english but bilingual high-school teaches a lot of things-and I can proudly say that after the first year of english studying I could read native english novels ^^ Started with Paolini's Eragon ;)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hehe I live in right the middle of Europe-in Hungary to be specific MGT +1 -.- I don't really know how fast I am writing in english but bilingual high-school teaches a lot of things-and I can proudly say that after the first year of english studying I could read native english novels ^^ Started with Paolini's Eragon ;)

What do you mean by native english novels?

Level 11
Well, i would love people to help work on the map already.
Things that need to be done:
-Quests (Actual Quests, planets etc)
-Text (You know, Hints etc, every map has text)
-Help Menu
-Models
-Units (Structures, Offencive, Defencive, Air and Space)
-System Creator
-Triggers
we need to start work now D=

And i guess Kanadaj means classic novels....

Level 15
Hmm not really :D It's just a name I came up with 7 years old ^^ I would classify myself into system creator/triggerer, but primarily the first one :D Help menu, quest and text are all under the trigger/idea maker ;)

Models: I can't animate, and I'm bad at applying basic Warcraft skins, but I have experience with 3ds max, so at least I can understand what needs to be done, and how much work it is :)

So I'll see if I can help you after aug 15 as I come home around it :) See you until then, I go sleep a bit before I go ^^

@yayoi: hmm... I would say any novels that was written in english by native english writers (not books for students with limited vocabulary :D) The only reason I don't read poems or dramas like Shakespeare is because you can't really "feel" them the way you do poems in your native language :)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Oh, I understand now. BTW even if you are English Shakespear is still nearly impossible to figure out, unless you learn Old-English. (In class we read Shakespear's play about Cesar, most of the class failed the test on it because they didn't know what any of it said.)

Level 11
Here are some images :) Tell me if you like them.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• NEW_SG[3].PNG
    NEW_SG[3].PNG
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,352
  • NEW_SG[5].PNG
    NEW_SG[5].PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,150
  • NEW_SG[4].PNG
    NEW_SG[4].PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,174
  • NEW_SG[2].PNG
    NEW_SG[2].PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,326
  • NEW_SG[1].PNG
    NEW_SG[1].PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,214
  • NEW_SG[6].PNG
    NEW_SG[6].PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,817
  • NEW_SG[7].PNG
    NEW_SG[7].PNG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,154
  • NEW_SG[8].PNG
    NEW_SG[8].PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,646
  • NEW_SG[9].PNG
    NEW_SG[9].PNG
    3 MB · Views: 1,756
  • NEW_SG[10].PNG
    NEW_SG[10].PNG
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,454
  • NEW_SG[11].PNG
    NEW_SG[11].PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,069
  • NEW_SG[12].PNG
    NEW_SG[12].PNG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,257
  • NEW_SG[13].PNG
    NEW_SG[13].PNG
    912.4 KB · Views: 1,185
Level 11
I'm definitly interested!
At the moment,
Humans 20% Complete
Goa'uld 20% Complete
There can be as many other races as possible, the next race should be the Genii or Wraith etc, every race will be positioned in the universe as they are positioned in the tv show. So yes, if you accept,

Add me on MSN: [email protected] if not, do you play warcrafy @uswest online? If not get dropbox, (dropbox.com) this is a folder that can be updated on your computer in your documents as well as on mine and other peoples documents if they are also working on the map! There will also be a notepad saying, map currently in use etc.

Hope to see you there!

+rep +credit

Level 3
Aztec, some ideas for you map.

New races: Asgard, Ori, and the TOK'RA.

the ships of goa'uld can be stole by samantha carter. Samantha carter will have a goa'uld and can control ha'taks.
And the goa'ulds can stolen ships of the tau'ri.

And add some natives in the planets! :D

Level 11
Awesome =D,
Never had thought about the ship usage (as in who drives it)! I'll add that in, and natives, yes definitly!

Also the making of the map has become really tight since not many people are going to help finnish the map, looks like nobody is interested in fixing a great realistic map!

But oh well, if i were the only person working on the map this would be finnished by far 1-3 years from now.

Though i'm not giving up hope :(

Level 3
I just think of an interesting idea.
The system will dial the Stargate could be putting the name of the planet and thus makes the sound of dialing a long waiting and ready.

Another idea is to have two galaxies, the pegasus and the earth.
So have more than just a place. Of course it would have Atlantis.

A second idea is to put only one system, beginning in controlhe race.

In the galaxy of Pegasus would be the main enemy the Wraith.

In the galaxy of the earth would be the main enemy the Goa'uld and the Ori.

Level 11
There's going to be more galaxys, at least 8. If so for example you chose the genii as a race, your planet will be in the pegasus galaxy, thus seperating you from most races.

The asgard for example, they can have a made up galaxy. Since that last we heard of them was in battle suits in the pegasus galaxy and escaped...
This will also be the same with the ori since they do not have a spesific galaxy.

Level 3
I have one idea!
To diference the galaxies, the galaxy of earth have only stargates in the ground.
And the galaxy of pegasus will have stargates in the ground and space! And the only ship can pass in the portal of pegasus will the puddle jumper, the dards and some ships.

Level 11
A guy has made 3 different types of stargates, pegusus , stargate command and tollan.
But another differnece is when you dial a stargate it will dial at least 8 symbols other then 7, which 7 symbols is when your dialing in the same galaxy, 8 is another galaxy, 9 is moving such as StarGate Universe.

Level 3
Aztec So, do it that way.
My only idea of ​​naming the planet when it will dial, will take a while. To choose the symbols, and thus open the stargate. And the time to pass to the stargate.

Level 11
But i guess it could have hotkeys 1 to 9. For easy planets, but harder planets like finding the lost planet which contains STarGate Atlantice, or even SGU. Users would love to play this to see who would win STarGate Atlantice with 3 power cores or Destiny =O.

Althought i haven't been working on this mroe for about 2 weeks, so members are despretly needed to help with the map. +Rep +Credit all over obvuisly :(

Level 3
Aztec, it would be interesting if you do rpg mode, so they choose what race they would be. Each would have its allies and those allies they could do the following things: Discover planets and even to base it.

Each race had its advantage.
The Asgard could be cloned in their ships.
The allies could have replicators multiplying.
Humans could steal Goa'uld ship and others.
The Goa'uld host could exchange.
The Wraith feeding regain life.
And more ....

Level 11
"The Goa'uld host could exchange.", now that would be a fun race :)
But isn't that what it is? You create a base, stable income. Then explore! While protecting your base.

But please take in mind, this will not be finnished until late 2012 honestly or mabye 2013, unless i had some help.

Level 1
Sorry, i didn't had much time last weeks.
Could you add me on Skype (magicman108) or Icq (468241271)?
I'm playing on the European Battlenet Servers.

Edit: The next weeks i won't have much time too.
I've installed Dropbox. It would be fantastic, if you could add me at Skype or Icq.
I created an MSN Account and invited you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.