• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft 2 in WarCraft 3 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
STARCRAFT II IN WARCRAFT III mod

StarCraft 2-WAR3

Hi everyone.

I starting a STARCRAFT 2 in WARCRAFT 3 (TOTAL CONVERSION) mod and i need models and skins for my project.
This is a mapthat is editet to be like starcraft 2.The map s landsacpe will be on "Lorderon Summer".When i first whant to create sc2 in war3 mod i have not registered on hive and the mod jus die.But then i say to start this mod again.If you whant to help me and support my mod Send me a messege.I need a team member if you whant to help post on this threa.I need terrainers,modelers,skiners,trigger expert.Jasser,BETA TESTERS.
If you are interested pls help.
i need models,skins,dodads and icons.
All models and skins must be like in Starcraft 2.
I need members for my teem.
-Modeler
-skin maker
-terrainer
-beta tester

models i need:

UNITS:

TERRAN-
-SCV
-marine
-ghost
-murader
-thor
-banshee
-viking
-Goliat
-Siege Tank
-battlecruiser

PROTOSS
-probe
-zealot
-stalker
-immortal
-mathership
-Carrier
-Peonix

BUILDINGS:

TERRAN
Command Center
Supply Depot
Refinery
Barracks
Engineering Bay
Bunker
Missile Turret
Factory
Ghost Academy
Armory
Starport
Tech Lab

PROTOSS:
IN Full Version.

ZERG:
IN Full Version.

OK
Only the terran and protoss Race only will be availabe in this demo version.

What part of the map are finish.
--------------------------------------

Thank you for your listening.:grin:
More updates com soon
--------------------------------------
I need AI expert to make a terran and protoss ai if you know how to make.
Why i making this mod?
Becouse some of you can't play starcraft 2.Why?
Because they can't meet minimum sistem requirements like me.

Team members
Kris4o-Skiner,terrainer,project leader
Shadow487-Terrainer
Chris21-modeler
Debode-betatester
greasontim-unit expert,beta edit,AI expert

Check this web site for more information.
www.wardeens.webs.com

Version 1.1
-in the patch 1.1 will be-
1-Netural Goldmines will not be used for vaspine gas.
2-Riper are available in 1.1
3-collosus is in the game
4-zerg are available in this beta
5-zealot have new agility
6-map terrain will use a sc2 doodads
7-map is based on aiur
8-minerals will be raplaced with wood
9-no news

Version 1.2
-in the patch 1.2 will be-
1-reaper model added
2-New command centre
3-Only terran are playlible
4-Added a portaits to marine,reaper,buildings
5-map is based in desert
6-hellion added
7-creters will not be added
8-terrain will have custom doodads
9-Xel'Naga Tower Added(Need AI Edition)

Version 1.8.1
1-No custom AI
2-Xel'naga tower AI finishead
3-command centre can build a firebat
4-Ghoust don't have nuclear strike abillity
5-Protoss sheald system added
6-reapers and colossus can walk trought clifs
7-heroes will be ingame
8-Marine have special abillity (BULL SHOT).Kills over 6 marines
9-Hydralisk will have (fast hydralisk) abillity
10-Added sc2 terrain tiles
11-Added sc2 cursor

-------------------------------------------------
this is not the full beta.There is more things that must be don.
Wait for more updates.

pls join this site and support my mod.
There is more updates.-www.wardeens.webs.com

Screenshoots:

Bats1.bmp

marauders%20and%20Marines.bmp

Bats5-1.bmp

{EDIT}This IS STARCRAFT 2 IN WARCRAFT 3 MOD.NO WAR3 VS SC2.
The mod Contains only sc2 units in mdx format.

Last edited:
Level 28
This is mi first mod.Why to post on moddb.
I dont have a Moddb profile and never will.

It's often the beginners who attempt to make something really big and then fail because of a lack of understanding of how much work is actually involved. My advice for you would be to first try and make the behaviors and skills of each unit on WC3 dummies and then look for unit models, skins and sound effects. This way you can make sure that your mod can actually technically work.
But...there have been previous attempts by highly ambitious teams of modders to create StarCraft 1 to WarCraft 3 conversions. All of them failed because the WC3 engine just couldn't deliver.
I would say it's easier to import WC3 stuff into the SC2 because of SC2 powerful editor, space requirements aside. It's also the more popular game.
Also don't expect anyone to make anything for you just because you asked nicely. People have to believe that their work won't be in vain, and for that you need to show off some of your own skills.

Level 13
I know its Starcraft 2 on Warcraft 3
But the MOD on that link was WC3 Vs SC2 what it looked like.

"This one seems to be full on SC2"
And by that I meant its Full Starscraft 2 nothing Warcraft 3 on the map unlike the other MOD that was shown

Anyways who the hell would make Warcraft 3 on Starcraft 2 that would be a downgrade

Level 13
Hence my "But that is a WC3 Vs SC2 MOD this one seems to be full on SC2"
Which Grievous1 didn't understand.

So like I said Single or Multiplayer?

Level 5
Uhh, even if I didn't understand most of his posts, Im gonna ask:
Would it really be so problematic for players to take for example Zerg and Terran instead of WC3 units in the mod that has more probability to be released?
Author of this thread seems like he played only original maps and didn't know there's such posibility to choose what you want to play.

Level 13
Even if you use units and that aren't the correct models for now and put the models in as you get them would help get you started quicker

So make the Races using the Humans, Nightelves and Undead or any combination of the WC3 races and slowly change it over to SC2 as you manage to get the stuff.

Cause for a Project like this its going to take some time with the sounds and Models which aren't even accessable fully at this point

Just a idea to get this started sooner

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/race/terran/

And a link so show all the Unit info on SC2 hope it helps

Level 14
I know its Starcraft 2 on Warcraft 3
But the MOD on that link was WC3 Vs SC2 what it looked like.

"This one seems to be full on SC2"
And by that I meant its Full Starscraft 2 nothing Warcraft 3 on the map unlike the other MOD that was shown

Anyways who the hell would make Warcraft 3 on Starcraft 2 that would be a downgrade

Maybe I don't understand you or you don't understand the mod warcraft 3 vs starcraft 2 http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-vs-starcraft (the mod on moddb (link from my mate de.facto)) but all in all the linked mod is for Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne and not Starcraft 2 maybe you think that mod is made for starcraft 2 because of the ripped starcraft 2 textures but its just warcraft 3 where you can play the zerg race against the normal wc3 races. I don't know if the user kris4o can create something better than the linked mod but I will tracking the thread and I wish you the best of luck and for sure fun with this project.

Level 13
Once again you didn't understand
MAKE WARCRAFT 3 "ON" STARCRAFT 2
Your makeing Starcraft 2 on Warcraft 3 that is a upgrade not a downgrade

Level 13
Which race do you almost have all the models for?
I may help out if you want I can go look for all the stats on the units and make the units.
You would just have to import the unit data and put the models on the units

How will you make the protoss shield system?
How will you make protoss buildings require pylon power to be built and to function?
How will you trigger the warp-in mechanic?
Do you really expect someone else to make ALL the models from starcraft 2 and just give them to you so that you can take credit for the map to which you did basically nothing yourself?

It is also funny how you completely ignored OutsiderXE's post, he had a very valid point that you should listen to.

Level 9
How will you make the protoss shield system?
How will you make protoss buildings require pylon power to be built and to function?
How will you trigger the warp-in mechanic?
Do you really expect someone else to make ALL the models from starcraft 2 and just give them to you so that you can take credit for the map to which you did basically nothing yourself?

It is also funny how you completely ignored OutsiderXE's post, he had a very valid point that you should listen to.

Fingolfin,i ask people for some models,when i working on my models(battlecruiser).About Protoss shield sistem pylon and power function it is allready.
And about the outsiderXE,yes i ignored hes post,but then listen to his point.

nice models shadow486 but they are not that what i need.

Level 13
The Pylon thing is easy enough just use blight its just a matter of if you can change it to be something else so the Zerg can use the Blight

The reason i'm asking is because i've worked on a map just like this myself; perhaps you saw images in the stalker model thread. I solved all those things, but it requred quite heavy vJass of a magnitude i doubt you can master. That is why i doubt you can finish this project.

Other things you have to solve:
*How do collosi and reapers move unhindered up and down cliffs?
*How do you apply the unit-specific damage bonus system (for instance +3 vs armoured)?
*How do you make immortals reduce all incoming damage to 10?

Level 13
flying units with a height of 0 to give it that ability to go up cliffs and that while looking like its on the ground should work but i'll look into it

Code:
Float
   Pros: Can go in swallow and Deep water
   Cons: Can't leave water

Foot/Horse/Hover
   Pros: Walks on ground
   Cons: Can't go up cliffs or in deep water

Amphibious
   Pros: Can walk on ground and go in Deep Water
   Cons: Can't go up cliffs

Fly
   Pros: Can go anywhere
   Cons: None

Level 28
But even Collosi shouldn't be able to go anywhere. They can't move up double-sized cliffs. They can't move over unpathable doodads.
Also they should be able to be attacked by both ground and air weapons.

I would think most problems could be solved if the mod was developed in SC2 and not WC3. The Data Editor in SC2 has many specific functions that can emulate probably anything that exists in WC3. It's just needs more time to learn.

Btw. I've also worked on a SC1-on-WC3-conversion many years ago along with a bunch of other guys. We gave up when we realized how difficult it was to build things like the Carrier's interceptor attack and a bunch of other abilities. SC2 units should be even harder to make.

Well, what did I learn from that? It's a very good thing to get to know your limits. Everybody should have tried at least once one thing that's well over their heads. They will either give up and learn a bunch of things or they will get addicted and become excellent mappers durign that process.

Level 4
But even Collosi shouldn't be able to go anywhere. They can't move up double-sized cliffs. They can't move over unpathable doodads.
Also they should be able to be attacked by both ground and air weapons.

I would think most problems could be solved if the mod was developed in SC2 and not WC3. The Data Editor in SC2 has many specific functions that can emulate probably anything that exists in WC3. It's just needs more time to learn.

Btw. I've also worked on a SC1-on-WC3-conversion many years ago along with a bunch of other guys. We gave up when we realized how difficult it was to build things like the Carrier's interceptor attack and a bunch of other abilities. SC2 units should be even harder to make.

Well, what did I learn from that? It's a very good thing to get to know your limits. Everybody should have tried at least once one thing that's well over their heads. They will either give up and learn a bunch of things or they will get addicted and become excellent mappers durign that process.
umm durp de durp http://www.moddb.com/mods/starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps

Using mana shield for protoss shields is not a viable suloution. It is an active ability which means you cannot hide it or put it inside disabled spellbooks. My own shield system is based on a damage detection/prevention library that modifies damage depending on the units mana.

There is another problem you have to solve when it comes to protoss shields, you have to be able to add the factor of shield armor, since that is an upgradeable factor in the game. This was also solved by adding an increment linked to a global integer into the damage script.
Also, it is a bad idea to use blight as pylon power. First of all, it is bound to change the tile at the affected areas. If you change the texture to alpha, you will end up with a hole in the ground most likely (not sure, never tried). And most significantly because you want to use it as creep for the zerg!

Also, how will you make it so that pylon power is graphically showed when a pylon is clicked?
I solved this in my map aswell, but haven't gotten to the point where it is still displayed when you are placing a building (which would be the most important aspect of it, lol.)

Anyways, my point is, you should start making the map basics before you start requesting models etc, use dummy models in the mean time, and make sure that you actually KNOW how to create the systems, and that you will have the PATIENCE it takes to finish it. If you'd be to make a map that has all the systems functional required to make a SC2 conversion, then sure, i will model for you. I just highly doubt i will ever see it.

Level 2
Edit:Hey man this isnt the first starcraft 2 conversion mod for warcraft 3 tft x_x.Warcraft Unlimited is also making such a project at this time.See for urself:@
So u gonna fix the fatal error?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 9
About the pylon thing.This pylon enrgy field is not easy but maybe if i add some Trigger funktions it will work but now.The map is not finished but it will be soon.
Fingolfin can you help me lith the zealot skin becouse i can't add a alpha team color.
Here is the skin. download this- View attachment zealot.blp

Cris i am making a starcraft 2 in warcraft 3 mod.
not a sc2 map.Wow they are making strcrft in starcrft 2 mod wow.

Last edited:
The damage thing is easy even for a noob. Just need a reliable Damage Detection System. I don't know how Shields works, but if it is like SC1's, then just add some floating texts and that reliable Damage Detection System. And that Immortal armor system thing too.

About the Colossi, you'll need heavy scripting here, and I can't think of trick.

With that pylon graphical aura thing (when placing buildings), it could be possible if you're not using the ingame build system.

Level 9
You meen when i select the pylon i can placing buldings without using the ingame bulding sistem.Usefull but haw to select buildings without building bar.

Well i think that the link will work now.
I have search in the tutorials but i don't found anything for alpha team color for blp.

@Supertoinkz: Why not use mana for the shield hp? That is what i did anyways. I used dummy objects spawned together with the pylon for the pylon fields. Selecting the pylon shows them, unselecting hides them etc.

@Kris4o: Firsrt you have to convert the texture to .tga using wc3viewer. Then you open it up in photoshop and go to the "channels" tab. select the alpha channel and draw black wherever you wan't alpha. Save the texture and convert it back with the same program.

Second, you open up your model in magos. There, you go to windows>textures and right click in the box, then press "create empty". Right click the empty texture and press "edit". In the box that pops up, you have to set replaceable id to "1". Pres OK.
Then go to the materials tab and open up the material that holds the texture of the zealot. Create a new sub-material for it (in the first box that pops up) and make it hold the replaceable texture. Move it up or down or whatever so that it is under the zealot texture (on hte model). Then you open up the zealot sub-material and set it's filter mode to "blend".

And there you go!

Level 9
Well the map is in progress but verys swoly .But wee stell need models.
There is many things that i must do.I this moment shadow487 is working on the map when i working on skins.I will update the thred whe i have some updates.
How the project coming so far? Swoly.Very swoly.
But not wory it will be faster when all sistem models terrain and another
stuff are done but not now.

Thank you for listening.
and greasontim do you whant to join my team.
If you don't whant i will understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.