• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Template / Terrain] SoJ's Terrain Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
SoJ's Terrain Templates

About

*drum rolls*Tired of seeing your awesome map having such shitty terrain?
Its already 2014 yet you still make terrain like its 2003?
Worry no more as I present to you my terrain templates!
*applause*
*dramatic music here*
*fanboys screaming "I <3 u SOJ!"*

The Real About

I decided to make thread for this templates so that more modders who
needs quality terrain can see this. More info about the templates on their
original thread.

Q:Why not just put it in a pack?
A:packs rarely get any attention which is a contradiction to the point
of making this templates.
attachment.php

Map Info
SoJ_AoS_Template_1
Author: SonofJay
Genre(s): AoS Template
Size: 128x96 [Small-Medium]
Doodad Count: 301
attachment.php

Map Info
SoJ_Arena_Template_2
Genre(s): Arena Template
Doodad Count: 199
attachment.php

Map Info
SoJ_AoS_Template_3
Doodad Count: 199
attachment.php

Map Info
SoJ_AoS_Template_4
Doodad Count: 202
attachment.php

Map Info
SoJ_AoS_Template_5
Doodad Count: 302

Attachments

• war3mapPreview1.jpg
    war3mapPreview1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 476
  • war3mapPreview2.jpg
    war3mapPreview2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 524
  • war3mapPreview3.jpg
    war3mapPreview3.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 472
  • war3mapPreview4.jpg
    war3mapPreview4.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 497
  • SoJ_Terrain5_4.jpg
    SoJ_Terrain5_4.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
Level 31
I see these few doodads turned out to be even more useful for you than I thought. :) Looks great, considering an amount of doodads you managed to push the best from it. My favorite is the first one, last one is cool as well, very ulduarish-icebornish, hehe.
Its already 2014 yet you still make terrain like its 2003?
True that, people should keep up with innovation, it is really painful to see old school terrains still being appreciated when something 10 times better can be done at this point.

Level 28
Yup, there are still some stuffs on Iceborn that I think I can use for more template designs. :)

My favorite is the first one

Same xD the quality really dropped on the second and third template so I have to refresh things up so I ripped those awesome stuffs from my favorite terrain part of your Iceborn. xD

True that, people should keep up with innovation, it is really painful to see old school terrains still being appreciated when something 10 times better can be done at this point.

*cheers* but I think the main reason why they're still sticking to old school terrain is that it takes time to improve one's terraining skills. Just in my experience I think I made almost a hundred of terrain practicing maps.

Anyway, its cool to receive feedback from you. :D I'm thinking of using some stuffs from your Seth's Reign since I'm itching for some Egyptian tomb terrain.

Level 31
Just in my experience I think I made almost a hundred of terrain practicing maps.
For that reason you did it quickly and in high quality setup of doodads. Anyone could come up with at least something when the right tools are given, but new guys would do it in much greater time and lower quality, yet still it would look better than old school cliff-based terrain. In my opinion a fear to try something you never tried is to blame here, most of those guys are afraid of something new and their irrational part of brain gives hundreds of excuses to stay and not move on. That's probably the reason I never tried Jass, I just run away from it, it looks scary, so same thing here with me, hehe.

Seth's Reign doesn't really have much to offer, some basics perhaps, I would suggest you going for my cinematic contest entry, it has a bunch of doodads ripped from WoW Uldum by me. Looking forward to it. :)

Level 28
Well yeah, hehe, welp the point of my templates is to save those bastards anyway, they can even use this to try learning. :D

Seth's Reign doesn't really have much to offer, some basics perhaps, I would suggest you going for my cinematic contest entry, it has a bunch of doodads ripped from WoW Uldum by me. Looking forward to it. :)

Hmmm, I don't wanna check it out this late cuz I might start terraining and forget to sleep. I actually really like Seth's Reign's terrain and the resources you used since it is really creative but again I like working with gorgeous resources in my terrain so I'll probably opt with your stuffs in your cinematic. XD

It does but then again nobody became experienced over night.

Says the guy who dropped an awesome scenic terrain on his first try(I can't find the terrain but it is there somewhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.