• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Silent Hill - Forgotten Memories - A Dual Survival Horror RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Disclaimer: Relaunch Pending (27.05.13) / I want to thank Grievous1 for his remission.

104667d1369616008-silent-hill-forgotten-memories-dual-survival-horror-rpg-dualsurvivallogo.jpg

Silent Hill - Forgotten Memories
A Dual Survival Horror RPG

Foreword (by NewbChu)
Being a big fan of Horror-Games outside of WarCraft III, I decided to create a new Horror map, which can take the player into completely other world, working with a soaking atmosphere, taking the underdeveloped Horror-Gerne in WarCraft III Maps to the next level, creating emotions and dragging the player into the playable world.

The name "Silent Hill" is pending.

I. Storyline
[Work in Progress]

The Protagonists Jeff Thompson and Ellana Whitford act in the City of Silent Hill. Jeff has a mysterious dream and something tells him that his best friend Jim is in some big trouble. Ellana is a police officier and the fortune lets them meet eachother under a very uncommon circumstance.

II. Map Features
  • Map setting in the 1950's.
  • All weapons have unique reload and shoot SFX
  • Unique and realistic Terrain, done by Hades' Creations.
  • Shooting System combined with an extended Missile System crested with excellent Model animations for realistic Horror-Survival-Feeling.
  • Smart 3rd Person Advanced Camera System, by The_Witcher, considering obstacles and doodads.
  • Horrifying and bombastic atmosphere, underlined with gloomy music.
  • Frightning light-ambiente and the partcial use of fog, traps and emotional actions.
  • Monumental Cinematics, outlining the game's subtile horror and driving the player through the course of the story.
  • Complex storyline, with deep going pieces of informations if the players wish to learn more about it.
  • Two Player - Horror Survival - RPG, where Teamwork highly required and the key to success.
  • Combining innovative Gameplayelements with parallels to the Silent Hill Story.
  • Loads of unpredictable and random events to increase the re-playability.
  • Giant In-Door and Out-Door Areas.
  • Uses Ammo Indexing System and Refill&Reload System for FireWeapons by Hades to display current Ammo in the equipped Weapon.

III. Development Team
NewbChu - Project Leader / JASS Triggers / Camera / Cinematics / Story
Hades17 - Project Co-Leader / Terrain / GUI Triggers / Ideas / Units / PR

IV. Recruitment
Nothing at present time.

V. Map Development
l l l l l l l l l l - Terrain 15% => 20% 07.08.2011
l l l l l l l l l l - Story&Ideas 60%
l l l l l l l l l l - Camera 95%
l l l l l l l l l l - Fundamental Systems 80%
l l l l l l l l l l - Models 30%
l l l l l l l l l l - Triggers 50%
l l l l l l l l l l - Story Implementation 10%
l l l l l l l l l l - Cinematics 0%
l l l l l l l l l l - Items & Objects to Interact with 10%
l l l l l l l l l l - Total Progress: 25%

VI. Art Gallery
Showing the Island's ruins. 4th August 2011
Dream4.jpg

Showing a first Terrain WIP picture taken at 30th July 2011
DualSurvivalStartAreaSample.png

Showing the completed Terrain of "Dream Island" at 4th August 2011
DreamIsland.png

Showing how detailed we are working out enterable Buildings, the legend and the answers are wiped out.
LVH.jpg

VII. Final Notes
A pre-alpha playable test-version, showing the map's basics was attached 4th August 2011. The shown scene will not be in the finished map this way. It will have an entirely other use than now.
At present time, we are using it to test things out and get the systems running.

Attachments

• DualSurvivalLogo.jpg
    DualSurvivalLogo.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 2,027
  • ForgottenMemoriesOpt.w3x
    3.9 MB · Views: 700
Last edited:
Level 6
If you read my signature, you'd understand that i can't test the beta. But i have a few criticisms in this map:
1.Silent Hill series was never about firearms, y'know? Having too much firearms and imba weapons kinda ruins the atmosphere.
2.I don't remember Silent Hill being tropical in any way. You should get rid of the trees and coral stuff, because it looks like we came to Brazil or something. If this is an alternate Silent Hill in a different nation, forget this criticism.
3.If you can, get rid of the Hero auras. The one that indicates the player's color. It really ruins the horror feel.

Other things seems to be okay and all

Level 6
1. I'm just going to qoute myself:

[quote="Hades17]The name "Silent Hill" is pending.[/quote]
This is not going to be a recreation of Silent Hill. If you want to play Silent Hill, don't play Warcraft 3.
This map is just showing some parallels to the Silent Hill "universe" and "extending" it's story by fictional events.

2. Yes, the island shown in the Screenshots is just a testing area and will have a greater purpose in the start of the game, which we are not going to expose yet. Those Screenshots should just indicate how detailed and realistic the Terrain will be.

3. I can remove the HeroGlows... shouldn't be a problem.

Level 6
Update: New Screenshots

Some new Screenshots, showing some stuff from Scene 2 :)

Story-Content is not going to be revealed yet, but the Screenshots leave some space to interpret :ogre_haosis:

The first Screenshot is showing the snowy landscape and the street, which is partially shut, due to the massive snowfall.

Streetview.jpg

The second Screenshot shows the viewer a Police Car, where a Porcupine is in front, but what happened to him and how the heg did the Car get damaged like this? :ogre_hurrhurr:

PoliceCarBurning.jpg

Reminder: The Screenshots are still work in progress.

Level 6
If you need help, I can give you a hand...
I'm really a big fan of silent hill so pls do not dissapoint me :)...

Awesome I'm bonkers of Silent Hill Lol ;P
What can you do btw?
Some new Screenshots, showing some stuff from Scene 2 :)

Story-Content is not going to be revealed yet, but the Screenshots leave some space to interpret :ogre_haosis:

The first Screenshot is showing the snowy landscape and the street, which is partially shut, due to the massive snowfall.

View attachment 104704

The second Screenshot shows the viewer a Police Car, where a Porcupine is in front, but what happened to him and how the heg did the Car get damaged like this? :ogre_hurrhurr:

View attachment 104703

Reminder: The Screenshots are still work in progress.

Jeebus Hades17 u've done really great x_x

Last edited:
Level 6
Yes, we are desiging the first enterable building at present time, if you see this one, you're gonna shit a brick factory :goblin_jawdrop:

Those outdoor scenes (excluding the screenshot from 4th August showing the dream island) are still work in progress. Did not even set any light / major fog effects on it and the number of details is still very low.

You forgot about the audioenhancement :)
About 50% of the game's atmosphere is build-up with music and sound effect.
I hope that the done project can convince you.

I'm working like 24/7 on the terrain now, making it as close to perfection as possible.
I'll come up with the screenshots from the indoor area in about 1 or 2 days.

Be excited :)

Edit: Thank you for your offer MCKill2009, but I've already done everything considering systems.
The rest is not difficult to set up. +rep though.

Last edited:
Level 6
Eat it =)

There u go, that's what I'd call architecture.

This is the building's concept:
LVHF1C.jpg

And that is my creation:
LVHF1.png

At the top, you can see what models I used to build it up.

Basicly, it is like that:

Cornerpiece-Wall-Cornerpiece-Door-Cornerpiece-Wall-Cornerpiece

However, our beloved Wc3 Engine limits some stuff, but it is close enough to the original to fullfil its mean.
Reminder that you will enter this building from a 3rd Person view.

These pictures show the viewer the first floor of one enterable building, which will play the first major role in the storyline.

Hope you like it :) :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 6
There u go, that's what I'd call architecture.

This is the building's concept:
View attachment 104742

And that is my creation:
View attachment 104741

At the top, you can see what models I used to build it up.

Basicly, it is like that:

Cornerpiece-Wall-Cornerpiece-Door-Cornerpiece-Wall-Cornerpiece

However, our beloved Wc3 Engine limits some stuff, but it is close enough to the original to fullfil its mean.
Reminder that you will enter this building from a 3rd Person view.

These pictures show the viewer the first floor of one enterable building, which will play the first major role in the storyline.

Hope you like it :) :ogre_hurrhurr:

Should it be alittle more wider? :O lol co me on skype :DD

Level 6
Comparison

I placed a unit now in it, for you to see how BIG it actually is Oo

The walls are just very tall. I guess I will reduce their size by half.
Kinda lost the track of how big they became, because I did not place a unit as a reference :ogre_haosis:

LVHF1Comparison.png

Hmm a horror map project?
  • Tons of Fireweapons, from simple Handguns over shotguns to powerful full-automatic weapons.
  • Horrifying and bombastic atmosphere, underlined with gloomy music.
  • Monumental Cinematics, outlining the game's subtile horror and driving the player through the course of the story.
Have you realized that these features cancel each other out?

Level 6
Yeah sorry for the confusion, I was unable to edit my OP in order to save the table-script used to create the nicely looking overview, because the thread was closed.

The project itself is paused for an uncertain time though.

Nice necro Kita :D In fact, these descriptions are actually not quite fitting, the amount of fire weapons would have been very limite and mainly focused on pistols at best.

Yeah sorry for the confusion, I was unable to edit my OP in order to save the table-script used to create the nicely looking overview, because the thread was closed.

The project itself is paused for an uncertain time though.
In that case you could have just asked a moderator or admin to paste you the code instead of reviving the project thread.

Nice necro Kita :D
Damn, I didn't realize the the previous post was already 2 hours old.

In fact, these descriptions are actually not quite fitting, the amount of fire weapons would have been very limite and mainly focused on pistols at best.
Well that sounds much better.

Level 6
In that case you could have just asked a moderator or admin to paste you the code instead of reviving the project thread.

You'll laugh, but that's what I requested and well, this is what I got :)

Anyhow, we're currently even considering to continue the project, so it's not a mere catastrophy actually.

After further discussion with Newbchu we're gonna find a decision, till then, stay tuned,
Hades

Level 30
Hmmm, project looks promising! I see you are trying to make a horror map where players really feels the scare. Seen your terrain, and I think you should use some maybe fitting and scary doodads to add some dread and scary feeling into it. By the way, I love the moon you used, gives more eerie feeling!

Nice job and +4 REP!

Level 6
Hmmm, project looks promising! I see you are trying to make a horror map where players really feels the scare. Seen your terrain, and I think you should use some maybe fitting and scary doodads to add some dread and scary feeling into it. By the way, I love the moon you used, gives more eerie feeling!

Nice job and +4 REP!

Oh my, thank you a lot :goblin_jawdrop:

Yeah the sample terrain is not really reflecting the scary atmosphere yet, but that's because the one showcased will serve a different purpose.

I love setting the moon in a position where it unfolds all its glory!

I'm going to add some more screenshots in the future, but I am working on more than just one project at present time.
However, I'm glad that you like the idea, now I just hope newbchu is in for the relaunch, else I'd have someone else to help me.

Are you still recruiting for your team?

Maybe that's just you MasterTrainer, what things are you capable of ? :)

Best regards,
Hades

Level 30
Oh my, thank you a lot :goblin_jawdrop:

Yeah the sample terrain is not really reflecting the scary atmosphere yet, but that's because the one showcased will serve a different purpose.

I love setting the moon in a position where it unfolds all its glory!

I'm going to add some more screenshots in the future, but I am working on more than just one project at present time.
However, I'm glad that you like the idea, now I just hope newbchu is in for the relaunch, else I'd have someone else to help me.

Maybe that's just you MasterTrainer, what things are you capable of ? :)

Best regards,
Hades

Lol wut? I am not MasterTrainer. Well, I can terrain but I think not yet good.... XD

Level 6
Lol wut? I am not MasterTrainer. Well, I can terrain but I think not yet good.... XD

MasterTrainer asked on Page 2 if there is still the need for help in the team. ;)

And to add, apart from maybe Cinematics / 2D/3D Art and advanced vJass there's not much to do.
Ideas / Suggestions / Feedback and constructive Criticism are always warmly welcome though!

Kind regards,
Hades

P.S.: Rep returned!

Level 6
Okay just for you to know, these are what I can do:

Terraining
GUI coding
Ideas
Suggestions
Object Design

First of all thanks for offering help, but sadly we have those spots covered. However you are always welcome to actively contribute suggestions and ideas in whatever way you think of :)

What do you exactly mean with object design though?

Kind regards,
Hades

Level 6
tried this map for fun, the controls were a bit messy =/
too hard to aim at the enemies and vision being blocked by trees o.o

you could make the shoot ability a point target ability to make aiming better.

It's supposed to be hard and trees blocking vision adds realism.
Thank you for your feedback though, I'm going to try to optimize the turn rates and turn acceleration in order to make it feel smoother.

However you can double tap the arrow keys in order to strafe. This makes aiming significantly easier. I should add some info on the controls :p

Point target would ruin the idea of 3rd person camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.