• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shattered Kingdoms (campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
167625-albums7793-picture92077.jpg

Altaras is a kingdom governed by a cruel and greedy king named Agbon, he is also sadistic since he likes his people to engage in combat to the point of death. During this time, Agbon already conquered many kingdoms and is considered to be the most powerful king of all. Many people and even kings fear him because of his vast knowledge of sorcery and combat, therefore, kingdoms are forced pay him tribute like women, treasures and servants. Those who oppose his will is thrown into the arena of death and be eaten by Lions, a terrible fate. In his widespread reputation, he gained many enemies like the rebels, but no matter how hard they tried, Agbon’s forces is too strong for them to overcome.

As the story unfolds, you will witness kingdoms shattered and people slaughtered but is there hope left?

Gameplay and Features

- Semi-sandbox (nonlinear) type game, you will choose your destiny based on dialog boxes.
- Your choice of quest will affect the outcome of the game or the next level map.
- Lots of AI.
- You may control the villain depends upon the quest and on certain maps only.
- There is an AoS in one of the campaign maps.
- Secret places to be explored to disable or enable quests/items.
- Every map has at least 2 boss fights.
- Lots of cinematic dialogs to support gameplay story.

Chapter 1: The March

Lyric, prince of Ephra has been charged by his father, king Herald to bring gifts of precious treasures for King Agbon. It’s up to you to control Prince Lyric and guard the caravan along the way.

Boss Fight Videos

Currently there are 4 bosses in the game in which you may optionally fight except for the last boss.

167625-albums4826-picture92068.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture92069.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture92071.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture92070.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture92072.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture92073.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture92074.jpg

Chapter 2: Courage

The Caravan arrives at Altaras, there is trouble at town, many things to do, but Lyric longs for someone else.

167625-albums7793-picture92106.jpg

167625-albums7793-picture92107.jpg

167625-albums7793-picture92108.jpg

FAQ

How many maps are there?
- Not sure but ATM, I'm just starting.

Why are you doing this?
- Coz I like moding in WC3, and I want to show that this is possible even if this is not fully nonlinear.

Is this hard to make?
- Very hard, specially the transition of the campaign since this is like a nonlinear gameplay.

Do you need help?
- Oh yeah, need lots of help specially terraining, quest ideas, dialogs/grammar. Spellmakers are also welcome.

Help

At the moment, I need some assistance from the community;
- Terrainer
- Testers
- Side Quest Ideas
- Spell Makers (for items as well)
- Promoters/supporters

pls contact me if you're willing
Download in map section
Maps Available For Testing:
- NONE ATM

Last edited:
Level 2
Seriously man... I like it :) really !

Look, the prologue seems pretty good, easy to understand (I've seen storylines so fucking bored to read, believe me), well... i like the idea that "Daniel" must arrive with the treasures safe!

I can give you a hand, i've seen the screenshots and... well the terrain can be improved a little MORE, and for Cinematics i can also help you, such as a lot "Ideas".

any doubt you have tell me, keep working ^^!

Level 29
Seriously man... I like it :) really !

Look, the prologue seems pretty good, easy to understand (I've seen storylines so fucking bored to read, believe me), well... i like the idea that "Daniel" must arrive with the treasures safe!

I can give you a hand, i've seen the screenshots and... well the terrain can be improved a little MORE, and for Cinematics i can also help you, such as a lot "Ideas".

any doubt you have tell me, keep working ^^!

@Dyego, wow!, thank you man!, i never thought anyone would comment like that, hehe, anyway i do need some help specially the terrain, as much as possible, i dont want to use models outside the world editor just to save space and loading time, i dont want to use JASS either (coz i dont know how), i want to do this as simple as possible, my problem now is mainly terrain that's why i do my best by heeding the advice of friends, and if you want to help me about terrain, you are welcome to join and thank you!, im gonna post the 3rd part very soon...

the 2nd part by the way is coming, and there are minor improvements...thank you again for the good comment!

the prolouge is next after the third part or maybe vice versa...

Level 2
You don't need to thank me, you earn it with your work man ! :)
I'm working in a campaign too.. but i have enough time to help yours too
Well... if you give me "access" to modify your map I'll as soon as possible add "Terrain"...
and I'll send you the map "fixed" so you can tell me if you like it =)

btw I'm kinda excited about how the story grows, the prologue if you don't mind I rlly wanna see it, you know... constructive critics :)

see you soon!
Dyego.

Level 29
You don't need to thank me, you earn it with your work man ! :)
I'm working in a campaign too.. but i have enough time to help yours too
Well... if you give me "access" to modify your map I'll as soon as possible add "Terrain"...
and I'll send you the map "fixed" so you can tell me if you like it =)

btw I'm kinda excited about how the story grows, the prologue if you don't mind I rlly wanna see it, you know... constructive critics :)

see you soon!
Dyego.

@Dyego, sure!, your aid will be very helpful, but after i finish the "teaser" Chapter 1:prologue (cinematic), i will give you access to my map. This is my very serious campaign.
I dont know about you but im very much addicted now in making these stories instead of playing WC3 regularly.
I want to know more about terraining as and i would like to know your map postings here so that i can play...

thank you in advance! :)

BTW, new screenshots are available about Altaras Kingdom

Level 2
Hi mckill2009.

Well, I really hope you finish it soon :D!

So you wanna see some work mine, here is the link to my Thread where I explain the details of my new "Campaigns Series" (they're 5).

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/elemental-campaign-series-under-development-176066/#post1677254

Hope you like it, soon I'll upload the Trailers of each campaign too, so I'll send you them when I finish it =)

keep working !!
--------------------------------------------------------
Dyego.

Level 2
Are you gonna add custom spells / units? Cuz that would greatly add to the gameplay I think and from the screenshots Daniel doesn't have any custom.

Level 29
Are you gonna add custom spells / units? Cuz that would greatly add to the gameplay I think and from the screenshots Daniel doesn't have any custom.

Yes i'm going to add custom spells to Daniel, the screenshots are for screenshot purposes only and 'The March' only uses Holy Light because he needs to heal his men.

Right now, I've postponed this activity for 1 week since I'm inspired in Survival Horror map, which will be released this week.

Level 29
thanks everybody for the comments, Malhorne and I are the only one's working on this project so we need members stated
on the first page, else this will be lost again...as of now I will finish Chapter 1: The March, coz it's still pending coz of boss fights,
actually there are 4 bosses in the chapter and still working on an AI system which will be used in the whole campaign...

Once Chapter 1 is finished, I will post it in the map section as a standalone teaser...

Level 3
I'm willing to help out with terraining and triggering, I'm no good at Jass or vJass but I can do everything else pretty much. Looking to get back into the Modding/Map building game, Just started playing with building an RPG myself. (been a while!)

Status
Not open for further replies.