• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] shadow Falls

What camera and movement must it be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Archimonde Supreme Presents:

Untitled-1.jpg

icons_17068_btn.jpg

Story:
You are a young assassin fleeing from the north, fleeing from everything you once called home. To start a new life in this village, and become a warrior. But upon arriving at the village, you begin to realize that everything is not what it seems. The soldiers are battling undead, sounds of battle can be heard from all directions, screams, the clash of metal on once-dead flesh. The town is no better. Fiendish monsters are destroying everything, and killing everyone. Powerful creatures are taking the oppurtunity to make home around the village: Illidan and his demonic armies, the Reaper emerging from the grave, the Death Revenant taking up residence in a cave... countless hordes of demons are sent to destroy everything and slaughter everyone. Can you stop this chaos and prepare for the dark force that is approaching? Will you succeed in unraveling an ancient mystery? Sharpen your weapons and gather your wits... for you will soon discover why this place is called Shadow Falls.....

images

Description:
You have to play as the assassin and battle monsters,complete quest,defeat powerful bosses,obtain legendary items and push back a powerful army.The map follows a long quest line that starts when you reach the village and end with the siege on Shadow Falls.There are many side quest which can also be done.The quest grow more difficult as you level and range between everything from collecting herbs to slaying Demi-gods and stopping a plot to tear the whole world in half. There professions available such as hunting,fishing,mining etc

images

Gameplay:
The assassin has 5 abilities. 4 normal ones and 1 ultimate. Each normal ability has 40 levels and the ultimate has 30. You can purchase items from merchants and obtain them by killing monsters and bosses. Many of them are attachments too :). The max level you can reach is 200 and it is possible! there will be a lot of quest you can complete. I'm planning at least 50+ side quest and 2 main quest. Monsters can be found everywhere and you gain Exp depending on their difficulty and rarity.

Monsters Exp and rarity
As i mentioned you gain exp from monsters depending on their difficulty and rarity.Here is a list of the rarities and what you get from them.The rarity will be shown by the color of their name.

Common:Levels:level 1-10.Loot:none.Exp:20-110
Uncommon:Levels:level 11-23.Loot:Minor.Exp:160-260
Rare:Levels:24-35.Loot:Minor-Moderate.Exp:500-800
Epic:Levels:40-50.Loot:Large.Exp:900-1100
Legendary:levels:70-80.Loot:Huge.Exp:6000-10000

Characters

Bosses

Process

Screenshots

profilepic237964_2.gif
Admiral Daelin Proudmoore

He is the King of Kul Tiras and Grand Admiral of the Lordaeron Fleet. Daelin is a brave warrior and one of the largest quest givers.His hatred for the Horde sometimes blind him but in the end he does whats best for his people.

images

Sylvanas Windrunner

Slain during Arthas's siege on Quel'thalas Sylvnnas was the Ranger General of Silvermoon and is one of the best archers ever.She currently rules the forsaken as queen.

More Coming Soon!!

images

Illidan
Terrain:Ashenvale and Sunken Ruins

images

Death Revenant
Terrain:Underground, Dungeon and Outland

140381d1414247772-simple-icon-btnseagiantsupreme.jpg

Sea Giant King
Terrain:Sunken Ruins, Ashenvale, Lordaron Summer and Village Fall

Murloc Tidelord, Reaper,Naga Harbinger, and Many More!!

The map is now 21% and this is what it has so far:
15118 doodads
531 units
13 bosses
34 custom items
92 triggers
16 tile types
21 side quest
2 main questlines
11 merchants
Custom hero
29 custom abilities
2 dungeons

239116-albums7599-picture91989.png
239116-albums7599-picture90707.png

239116-albums7599-picture91487.png

239116-albums7599-picture91875.png

2015-03-02%2013_42_50-Greenshot.jpg

So what do you think hivers? Got any questions/suggestions? Feel free to post!
[/TD][/tr]

Last edited:
Level 14
Good luck mate. I'll check back sometime when you have some updates.

P.S. You may want to put that screenshot in hidden tags so it doesn't stretch people's screens.

Level 11
Ooh, this sounds intresting. I love this kind of map, and the lore behind it is curious, just the idea of play this with a rogue like unit calls my attention. But don't you think 200 levels are too much? I love the idea, but until you reach level 200, you will get bored of playing it. But maybe if the exp gained is high, and we can level up fast, I see no problem.
Good luck with this, Ooh Great Archimonde, Lord of Darkness and Ruler of the Demons :p

Level 12
Ooh, this sounds intresting. I love this kind of map, and the lore behind it is curious, just the idea of play this with a rogue like unit calls my attention. But don't you think 200 levels are too much? I love the idea, but until you reach level 200, you will get bored of playing it. But maybe if the exp gained is high, and we can level up fast, I see no problem.
Good luck with this, Ooh Great Archimonde, Lord of Darkness and Ruler of the Demons :p
Yeah , 200 are too many but i think it will be very easy to level up ,

Level 21
@Go'el. The exp gain will depend on the creature you slay. Don't expect a lot of exp for killing a lvl 1 spider but if you kill a level 40 hydra you will get lots of exp

A few things in the story.
The betrayer is breaking loose from his prison.
Too much detail lessens the hype of the story. I suggest this be removed:
from his prison

The Reaper emerges from the grave yard.
'from the grave' (yard makes it feel like Plants vs Zombies)
The death revenant takes up residance in a cave.
It doesn't sound too threatening to the village at least (or pressuring for the Assassin...), I suggest something more scary.

Other than that, cool project!

Level 21
A few things in the story.Too much detail lessens the hype of the story. I suggest this be removed:

'from the grave' (yard makes it feel like Plants vs Zombies)
It doesn't sound too threatening to the village at least (or pressuring for the Assassin...), I suggest something more scary.

Other than that, cool project!
Done! :)

Level 12
Also how about at the start of the map to chose your type of assassin : speed , cuning , strengh , magic or agility ? each have there own abilities and bonuses

Level 21
As you wish,Kakuzu and Mythic. My triggering skills are legendary!I already downloaded 6 spells and 2 spellpacks from the hive and I already made two of them work in the map. I'm busy with the others.

Level 12
I am thinking to have 2 category : darkness , astral ,nature , fire , water , lightning , wind(the elements ) and another category : speed , strengh , agility, cunning

Moy

Moy

Level 49
I don't have anything to do

COPY
JASS:
[center]
[TABLE]
[tr]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/tr]
[tr]
[TD]
[table]
[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/shadow-falls-258543/#post2604361]
[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/nlcsbx/Untitled-1.jpg[/img]
[/url]
[/table]
[/TD]
[/tr]
[tr]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/tr]
[/TABLE]
[/center]

Level 21
@Mythic. I can't give any info on skills yet because I'm still creating them but one thing is for sure:you will be able to jump.

Level 21
So you can choose your own assassin ?
@kakuzu. Like I said:I'm still considering it but at this moment I'm busy creating abilitys and spells.its a lot of trigger work. Download one of the spells here on the hive and open the trigger editor and see for yourself. . Do you know anyone that does loading screens?

PS:I'm not angry at you.

Level 7
Interesting project. How about a "Custom Name" for the characters and bosses. For Example:

The Assassin
Name: Zarcalav Boltlight
Level 34 - Assassin of The United Village

The Death Reaper
Name: Grimdor The Reaper
Level 80 - Risen Soul Devourer

If you don't want a Custom Name its okay. Still Interesting you know
--- Fang ---

Level 21
I like that idea!ill do it.I have downloaded more than half of the attachments on the hive and there all going into this map.

Last edited:
Level 9
I like it, but the story just kind of throws names out like Reaper and Death Reverent, you said you were using a template, do all these extra characters have to do with that template? Also, being an Assassin, I fail to see why he would push back the "powerful army" rather than... sneak through? Maybe this is all questions that will be answered over the course of the game but, those parts did stick out to me.

SIDE NOTE: The first post could use some coding, like change font color and sizes (This is not me suggesting that your post become the end of the rainbow just some variation here and there.) And your only screenshot is of editor, care to release so pre-beta gameplay shots? If not that's fine too.

Other than these notes it's looking good! Let me know if ya need help with anything :D

Level 21
@zzonehardy. Those questions will be answerd through the game and thanx for the suggestions. I will update the screenshot tommorow
@mythic. So you admit being a filthy cheat? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.