• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Sea of Chaos - SPRPG map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Hm, so where was my problem? After I deleted some doodads, map works fine.
How exactly did the map not work? Did it not load? Did it throw an error when trying to save in the editor? Maybe you just imported a corrupted model or forgot to save twice before testing it (sometimes saving the map only once causes the game to not work in wc3).

Level 8
How exactly did the map not work? Did it not load? Did it throw an error when trying to save in the editor? Maybe you just imported a corrupted model or forgot to save twice before testing it (sometimes saving the map only once causes the game to not work in wc3).

In editor works fine and save without errors. When I want to test it, map didn't load. I was returned to campaign screen (I have map in campaign file). I didn't import any models and didn't use trigger editor for long time, just terrain. When I deleted some random doodads, maps works ingame.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
In editor works fine and save without errors. When I want to test it, map didn't load. I was returned to campaign screen (I have map in campaign file). I didn't import any models and didn't use trigger editor for long time, just terrain. When I deleted some random doodads, maps works ingame.
Sounds like some corrupted data to me.

However, I never used campaigns in WC3, so I can't tell if there are limits for campaigns that don't exist with standalone maps.

Level 8
Update: I finished terrain and started working on triggers and spells. Map status is now 70%.

wipscreen35.jpg

wipscreen36.jpg

wipscreen37.jpg

wipscreen38.jpg

ingame11.jpg

ingame12.jpg

Level 8
I bring some...

News

- I'm finishing the terrain (only 2 places left)
- I added damage system (floating text) and multiboard
- I finished list of Optional quests (amount of 25 - but there is a place for another, who knows...)
- I updated campaign screen, proloque screen and playable map screen
- Did some triggers (life of whole village and NPC)
- Map stutus is 70%

campaignscreen.jpg

wipscreen39.jpg

ingame13.jpg

Level 14
Well this is just the best news I've heard in a while. I'm glad to see things are getting close to being done. This is one of the maps that I can't wait to play. Nice nice nice

Level 14
The terrain looks great. The lighting is wonderful. I know how much work these projects can be so don't worry I'll be patient. After all I would rather have a great project after a lot of time than a crappy project right away.

Level 14
Those are some really great screenshots. I love a nicely detailed terrain and you are nailing it. I see some Diablo, torchlight, and even Dark Souls looking areas and I gotta say they are looking great!

Level 4
Sea of Chaos, the best of Czechoslovakia!

This is something serious, a magnificent project

• One of the best terrains I've ever seen, beautiful nature, detailed interiors - great use of various models/tesxtures
• The Prologue looks great, all the places, the fight scenes...
• Spells are great, the gameplay will be surely a real fun
• Lots of side quests, lots of features like the inventory system - a big project full of good stuff
• The atmosphere is surrounding - and that's what matters

Level 8
Veritas 117: Thank you very much. Yeah, I'm trying my best to do some special places and atmosphere. Players must be excited every second in the map :)

Ariagil: Thank you for your kind words dude.

Still working on it even I don't have much free time for it.
I plan to re-work some hero spells, add some bonuses to them (chances to stun, slow, mana gain, etc.) for more fun.

Level 14
Veritas 117: Thank you very much. Yeah, I'm trying my best to do some special places and atmosphere. Players must be excited every second in the map :)

I agree completely. I've been working with different omni lights to give each area a good atmosphere in my maps.

I like looking through your screenshots every once in a while just to see if some inspiration pops up. Terraining is definitely my favorite thing to do. Keep up the good work. I look forward to future updates.

Level 8
Slowly, very slowly ...

I'm working on terrain - interiors and dungeons and then map will have 100% terrain.

Then I want to create a video about character creation and do all other things like triggers, spells, quests, etc.

Gameplay video n.4 will be released after 80% map status and then video trailer.

So, still much to do. :)

Level 1
Awesome work here keep it up, somehow this map remember me of Baldur's Gate 2 :vw_love:

EDIT: I saw the prologue and the gameplay videos, now i see why this map remember me of Baldur's Gate 2. It's more awesome then i thought before watching the videos, but it looks like we are not allowed to enter houses :'(

Last edited:
Level 8
Thanks IcemanBo. :)

Awesome work here keep it up, somehow this map remember me of Baldur's Gate 2 :vw_love:

EDIT: I saw the prologue and the gameplay videos, now i see why this map remember me of Baldur's Gate 2. It's more awesome then i thought before watching the videos, but it looks like we are not allowed to enter houses :'(

Yeah, BG2 is my favourite game. :) In this map, you are allowed to enter houses, caves, temple, underdark etc. Map has a lot of interior locations.

Soon I will present new area and stuff.

Level 14
This is awesome. I'm very glad to see you back at it. This is one of the best looking SPRPGs I've seen and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Level 8
Thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

It's great to see you're still working on this. The sheer visuals alone are very inspiring, but it still must be tough to keep going with such a detailed project for so long. What motivates you?

I stopped working on it for my personal life (work, birth of my child). I love fantasy worlds and warcraft editor allows me to create my own story and ideas. So It's an easy choice to start working on it again. And of course, It's my dream to finish it and end with editor with something good and finished. Then I can end this chapter of my life :)

Level 8
Guys, I'm looking for a master of english language cuz I'm bad at it.

I have many dialogues (human, elf, dwarf, drow, demon, occultist, orc, etc.), riddles, descriptions so it will be a lot of text. I can create ideas and dialogues but I need someone who can check my spelling and maybe add something creative.

I cannot work on map too often so I will not overrun you with massive wave of text everyday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.