• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RotC ORPG (Rise of the Corrupter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
RotC ORPG (Rise of the Corruptor)

Rise of the Corruptor ORPG will be alot like Twilight's Eve ORPG, but with many new features to look forward to!
I will put lots of effort making the Heroes fun to play, and to make the End-game experience the most fun. Leveling will go quite fast but will still be interesting.

Here are some features I am working on:

Heroes
- Max Level is 100.
- 4 Races to choose from; Orcs, Trolls, Taurens or Dark Elves. Each race has 4 Heroes each to choose from!
- Custom XP and Gold system. If you are more than 10 levels below the killed creep or more than 20 levels above you wont be rewarded either gold or XP. All nearby Heroes of the killed unit will earn both XP and Gold, so no need for last hitting.

Dungeons
- 2 Dungeons with each leveling area (total of 10 leveling Dungeons).
- All Dungeons has a Normal and a Heroic mode. Normal mode is doable with 2 players, Heroic modes should be 3-4 players.
- 4 End-Game Dungeons which all are Heroic mode only. Recommended to be 4+ players (maximum 8, which, if you manage to get for a game, will make them rather easy, but since it is hard to get 8 players on B.net I think that is fair).

Mazes
- Total of 6 Mazes to complete!
- 5 of them can be completed as many times as you want and grants great rewards!
- The 6th Maze is a Heroic Maze which is part of a Quest to earn a Legendary item.

More to come...

Dungeons to play through
Sunken Ruins (Lv 10)
Once the Sun Elf city located on Kyndahl, but now only ruins after the Demon Wave, created by Fanael, destroyed it. Stormscale Nagas has taken residence in the ruins to find traces of powers that the Sun Elves possessed.

Old Temple (Lv 10)
The Sun Elf Priesthood, led by Fanael spent most of their time in this temple. It was also here Fanael experimented with Demon Magic. Now creatures who got affected by this magic is roaming the sacred halls, leaving no intruders alive.

Catacombs (Lv 30)
Deep under The Dark Havens graveyard, an evil is stirring.

Clearwater Isle (Lv 30)
On this hidden tropical island, someone is experimenting on mutational strength. Be ready to fight its beastial experiments.

Cerulium Base (Lv 50)
The main base of the Human army from the eastern lands of Cerulium. A battle of whom will rule Tyrnal, be it Men or Orc, will be decided in this eventful Dungeon.

The Arena - Part 1 (Lv 50)
Test your courage and strength in the Goblin Arena!

? (Lv 70)
Some Orcs can resist the Demonic Corruption, others cannot. Fight your own kin.. and slay them, for they are now in the hands of your enemy.

? (Lv 70)
?

The Tranquil Woods (Lv 90)
A group of former Sun Elves (now Dark Elves) resides in these hidden, magical woods. A place filled with memories.. and madness. You must end their wicked schemes, if not, their madness will bring destruction upon the rest of the world.

Pit of the Damned (Lv 90)
The bastion of the Demon armies from the World of Shadow. It will be like walking into the world of the dead itself. Do not let the darkness take over you before your mission here is done, or you will be forever lost to the Demons corruption.

The Arena - Part 2 (End-Game Dungeon 1)
Prove that you are worthy enough to fight the most dangerous enemies in Tyrnal, and at the same time earn some nice rewards.

Stormscale Caverns (End-Game Dungeon 2)
The Stormscale Nagas are a group of Nagas who broke away from the rest to gain more power by combining both Lightning and Water magic. Led by Lady Stormscale they have imprisoned the Elemental Lord of Water, draining him of his powers. They must be stopped or their powers will be too immense to handle.

Elemental Plane (End-Game Dungeon 3)
Controlled by the God of Corruption, the remaining Elemental Lords has started to wreak havoc upon the world. Unfortunatly the only way to stop them is to kill them, but what consiquences will it cause?

Prison of the Corruptor (Heroic)
Together with the leaders of all races, you must travel into the depths where Kunax was imprisoned by Fanael. For the time of his return is near, you must defeat the strongest of his minions before you are to face the God of Corruption himself.

Will come soon!

Icon Credits
Blizzard Entertainment
Hive Workshop

Apheraz Lucent
CRAZYRUSSIAN
PeeKay
dansaDisco

Model Credits
Sellenisko
Frankster
ratamahatta
RetroSexual

Spells
Mr_Bean987
Maker
calex3

Will come more later.

Last edited:
Level 11
Now updated with 3 screenshots of the terrain. Not done yet though, but just to show a little on the progress and to see what people think :)

Level 11
I uploaded an Alpha here for people to try. But you are not allowed to steal the map. Please leave comments on it.

First leveling area available. Sunken Ruins Dungeon available. Some quests in second leveling area is available.

NOTE: Nothing is completely done yet. I just need some thoughts on the map and perhaps make someone interested in joining.

PS. Also updated the Dungeons with more info on all the Dungeons that will be available when the project is done :)

Last edited:
Level 9
Ok, awesome for an alpha version, but the archer's tier 2 Q ability, not sentinel. the other one, is bugged i think, it dealt about 3k damage xD And when i was gonna take the boat to the second area my hero just ran around on the first island trying to enter the ship, which it never did so i lost my hero there

But seriously continue this and don't give up. It has the good parts from TEvE (my fav), just add what was missing in it :p

Level 11
Ok, awesome for an alpha version, but the archer's tier 2 Q ability, not sentinel. the other one, is bugged i think, it dealt about 3k damage xD And when i was gonna take the boat to the second area my hero just ran around on the first island trying to enter the ship, which it never did so i lost my hero there

But seriously continue this and don't give up. It has the good parts from TEvE (my fav), just add what was missing in it :p

Thanks for the great comments :D yes there are many bugs right now, the boat triggers was just something i made real quick without thinking, I will try and make it work or I'll request a system for it :) with the boat, was there any creeps who distracted or didnt the hero wanna enter the boat at all?

I thought it would be nice if the Hero actually entered the boat but I might end up just hiding the Hero and create a dummy boat which travels on its own then just instantly move Hero to the right point.

I will check out the Ranger spell aswell :)

P.S. I checked the Ranger spell and it should be working correctly, it works as intended when I try it and looks ok in the triggers. May I ask under what circumstances the spell dealt so much damage? :)

Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks for the great comments :D yes there are many bugs right now, the boat triggers was just something i made real quick without thinking, I will try and make it work or I'll request a system for it :) with the boat, was there any creeps who distracted or didnt the hero wanna enter the boat at all?

I thought it would be nice if the Hero actually entered the boat but I might end up just hiding the Hero and create a dummy boat which travels on its own then just instantly move Hero to the right point.

I will check out the Ranger spell aswell :)

P.S. I checked the Ranger spell and it should be working correctly, it works as intended when I try it and looks ok in the triggers. May I ask under what circumstances the spell dealt so much damage? :)

Ok, the hero wanted to enter the boat but couldn't, since there were no ground below the water so the boat and hero went away to try to let the hero enter but it didn't work. I was not in combat or anything.

I looked in the triggers of "Moon Arrow", it deals 15 times the said damage, since it launches 15 times, i think that is the cause. But you need to launch it 15 times for the SFX i guess, so just make it deal (4 x Power / 15) instead.

Level 11
Oh, ok, but I dont need the effect to be created 15 times so I will probably remove it so it only shows once :)

I'm gonna check more into the boat, I think I made the Hero Neutral Passive but the boat still owned by player 12, that might be a problem, but I will look more into that, will need to rework all the triggers there to make it work properly anyway :)

Thanks for your help :)

Level 11
Ok, updated the map a bit now. Fixed the Ranger and Ship bug, so now you can head to second level area. Also fixed a few things in the Sunken Ruins Dungeon. Bosses should work more smoothly now and it can reset (however I remember now I forgot to fix so it resets if you die so atm it doesnt :p). So, feel free to try it out :)

Level 11
For the Alpha atleast, they may not be balanced and so on. There are 20 more final Heroes to make which will have more advanced and more fun spells than these have. I dont want these Heroes to have to cool spells cause then you wont want to advance into the final class.

And yeah, its Alpha, which means they can be changed, they are just up and running.

Level 11
The only thing that will deter people from advancing into the final class is if the game is incredibly dull on the way there, trust me. First impressions are everything. If anything you want your starting classes to be as dynamic as possible.

Level 11
Ok, so I've got Mr_Bean987 to help me with spells and its looking good, hopefully the Heroes will result in being more fun to play when they are done :)

I am also looking for a skilled Terrainer to help me improve the terrain ive done. Check under Progress for more info on what to do. You will get +rep and be credited as one of the creators of the map with me and Mr_Bean987 :)

Level 11
Yeah, I'll update the main post when the real Alpha is near complete to make it easier to read and contain more important info (and correct info as I've changed a few things from what I've written so far). This is just a very buggy and not-near complete (even for a alpha) version of the map just for people to see the main idea behind the map. There will be loads of improvements for when the real Alpha comes, and now that the Heroes are done it might not take very long before it comes :)

Level 4
good map
more content and balance fixed
and i think need balanced respawn time for mobs
coz spawn non stop

Level 11
Yeah, the current respawn system I use can only handle up to 60 sec respawns, any longer and the creep wont respawn at all :/ but I can give them a little longer respawn if they are not already at 60 sec.

Level 12
Yeah, the current respawn system I use can only handle up to 60 sec respawns, any longer and the creep wont respawn at all :/ but I can give them a little longer respawn if they are not already at 60 sec.

And why is that?

Also, you should add a "Team" part on your post, so that users are aware of the people who are working on your map, besides you.

Level 11
I have no idea. The system I use is a very simple one showed in a guide which uses "Wait" for respawn time, so I guess the "Wait" can't be longer than 60 or something? It just didn't work when I had over 60 sec :p

Yeah, atm it is mainly me, but Mr_Bean987 has helped me trigger the new Hero spells :) I will update the main post once I reales the "real" alpha, I am making quite large changes atm and I am not sure I will keep them so don't want to edit all the time. Hehe me being lazy ^^

But know that all important information will come soon enough :)

Level 6
maybe you should add a item upgrade system or a item level system
when you finish a dungeon you will get a item from a NOOB to a NIGHTMARE item and it's dependent from the dungeon level

:ogre_haosis:

oh and yeah if you need a beta tester pm me

Level 11
maybe you should add a item upgrade system or a item level system
when you finish a dungeon you will get a item from a NOOB to a NIGHTMARE item and it's dependent from the dungeon level

:ogre_haosis:

oh and yeah if you need a beta tester pm me

Atm i am making an item system like wow. So you Will see the items level in the tooltip and the color of the name is dependant on how hard it was to get on that level :) i might change it to something like Teve though.

I Will definately send you a PM :)

Level 11
I have no idea. The system I use is a very simple one showed in a guide which uses "Wait" for respawn time, so I guess the "Wait" can't be longer than 60 or something? It just didn't work when I had over 60 sec :p

Can you post the trigger for this? It sounds easy enough to fix.

Level 11
Ok, here is a pic of both triggers used :)

Attachments

• Respawn Triggers.jpg
    Respawn Triggers.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 131
Level 11
If i do that then the first picked unit Will respawn in 1 sec, the second in 2 sec and so on since i use the custom value to make each unit unique :/

Level 11
I was actually making this respawn system based on that one :) just that I didnt use a variable for the respawn time. Also I do not want every creep in the map to have the same respawn time if possible, thats why Point Value would be great to use because then I could give every single creep its own respawn time :)

But why is it bad to use Point Value when working with Custom Value?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
if you want every unit to have the same repsawn time i strongly suggest to copy the triggers from that tutorial.
or simply add the variable it will make every unit have the same respawn time and for sure variables support more than 60.

about the thing with custom value and stuff ignore that i had fever and my brain starts working corretly now

Level 11
But i dont want them to have the same respawn time :p maybe if i set the point value in à variable first perhaps that would work?

Level 11
There has been loads of changes and new features added in which takes time to make :/ in short what I have left is:

- Quests in second levelling area
- Heroic Modes in all 4 Dungeons (Normal mode in 2 of them)
- 2 Mazes
- Some Terrain work
- Dungeon & Vendor items
- A few balance testing (but most of this will be made by other players but it still has to be slightly balanced before release)

I will PM you zlowly when I need some testers! :)

Level 6
are in game gonna be a pet taming system?
a save/load system?
and going to a dungeon like TEvE?
maybe you should add a more system from TEvE and add a more system or modify a system...
sorry if i could help i gonna help you for th terraining trigger and many...
but i just can suggest and be a tester or bug finder...

Level 11
As of now there Will be no taming system. Dungeons Will work much like teve. There Will be à save/load system aswell :)

No worries about not being able to help with anything but testing, that is needed aswell :)

Level 6
Maybe i can giving you some suggestion about the hero...
Name:Houndour
Race:Orc
Class:Witch
Next Class:Shaman,Demon Witch or Shadow Shaman,Dark Witch or Bloodseeker Witch.
Story:Houndour is a witch prince in orc race.He having a castle and he are a son of the legendary witch Log'Thar also are the king in that castle.He's having such a good life before Log'thar dead because get assasinated by some of his servant.Houndour now the next generation of the king in that castle but the servant who assasinate Log'thar is working for Houndour too.In the night when Houndour sleep one of his servant steal the crown and be the king and make Houndour leave his Father castle.Now he are seeking for good chance to making a revenge he are having a training to be a witch and gonna kill all who betray him just in one day...

the other hero on other race maybe tommorow...

Level 11
That is a cool idea but all Heroes are already decided :/ they have to fit with lore and so on. But I will let you know if there is anything I need, thanks! :)

Level 11
There Will only be 4 races for starter and each race has 4 final classes each. Also there Will be atleast 3 bonus classes so there Will be à total of 19 classes to play as :) thanks for offering your help :)

Level 4
One thing i found was that the starting archer class wasn't very fun. just really needs some ability to make it fun. the archer only had 2 and the one where it boost your damage, you should make it so it can only be put on allies or on yourself. because one thing i saw was i could put it on a enemy. some person might put it on an enemy causing some teammates to die.

Level 11
Yeah I don't really know what ability the first Dark Elf should have so I just gave it something :p but it shouldn't work on enemies so I will change that :) if you have an idea of a simple spell which would work better let me know!

Level 4
Yeah I don't really know what ability the first Dark Elf should have so I just gave it something :p but it shouldn't work on enemies so I will change that :) if you have an idea of a simple spell which would work better let me know!

i could come with some ideas but i wouldnt be able to make the spell if it requires triggering. i havent dont much with spell triggering

Level 4
Just fire away :) but remember it is just à recruit, not à real hero, so keep it simple :p

You could have something along the line of a spell when its called Focus Shot. the archer stays still will it charges energy to put in the arrow and after lets say 4 seconds of charging then it fires a powerful arrow at the enemy that was targeted. have like a charging effect to make it look cool something that shows that the unit is getting ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.