• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Risen

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Risen

A Single-Player Campaign by Indomitable1319

What is The Risen?

The Risen is a single-player campaign based on the lives of Raven Stryker, and Shea Shadowstep, one of the many survivors of a Night Elven city known as The City Of Life. The City Of Life was destroyed by the assaulting undead and demons, before Archimonde was killed. The survivors then formed up into a small resistance, and renamed themselves into The Risen. This new civilization was strong, and could defend against many attacks, however, one day, they sent a force that was too overwhelming.

How do you play The Risen?

The Risen is simple to play, with the normal WarCraft III game mechanics. You have a normal camera, with normal commands and such.

Who are The Risen's Characters?

186044-albums3652-picture33375.png

Raven Stryker
One of the main protagonists in the game, she is skilled in the arts of life. She can steal life from enemies, and has a cheerful attitude in the group. She tries to see a positive view in almost all situations, but it doesn't always work out.

186044-albums3652-picture33376.png

Shea Shadowstep
She is also a protagonist, skilled with arrows and bows. She is more serious than Raven, but finds logical solutions in their problems.

Media

186044-albums3652-picture37580.png

186044-albums3652-picture37581.png

186044-albums3652-picture37582.png

186044-albums3652-picture37583.png

186044-albums3652-picture37591.png

186044-albums3652-picture37592.png

186044-albums3652-picture37593.png

186044-albums3652-picture37584.png

186044-albums3652-picture37585.png

186044-albums3652-picture37586.png

186044-albums3652-picture37587.png

186044-albums3652-picture37594.png

186044-albums3652-picture37595.png

186044-albums3652-picture37596.png

186044-albums3652-picture37597.png

186044-albums3652-picture37598.png

186044-albums3652-picture37588.png

186044-albums3652-picture37589.png

186044-albums3652-picture37590.png

186044-albums3652-picture52226.png

186044-albums3652-picture52227.png

186044-albums3652-picture52228.png

Who are The Risen's Project Members?

186044-albums3652-picture33375.png

#

-

Indomitable1319

Main Project Leader, GUI, Story, Doodads, Terrain, Units
WE Skill: Average
WE Weakness: MUI
Other Projects: Please view my Signature

#

-

GhostThruster

GUI, 2D Artist
WE Skill: Somewhere between Good and Average
WE Weakness: Lack of Commitment and Inspiration
Other Projects: Hostile Territory, The Ultimate Shooter for WarCraft III, Halo UTM

#

-

Fan

Beta Tester
WE Weakness: Triggers.
Other Projects: None
2j2tag1.png

#

-

MrStormyZ

Beta Tester
WE Specialty: Terrain
WE Weakness: JASS
Other Projects: Warcraft 2.5 Total Conversion
icons_10659_btn.jpg

#

-

Samurai_Gal666

Beta Tester
WE Skill: Newbie
WE Weakness: Master of None
Other Projects: Natural Snare, Sin'dorei
194715-albums4564-picture44939.png

#

-

Orcnet

Terrainer, Unit Creator, Beta Tester
WE Weakness: Triggers
Other Projects: Warhazard: Return of Darkness, WoW: Destruction of Azeroth

#

-

Cryophoenix

Skinner
WE Skill: Somewhere between Good and Average
WE Weakness: Impatience and Lack of Commitment
Other Projects: Dragonflight Wars
rk7ng9.jpg

#

-

Arcisal

Loading Screen Creator, Idea Man
WE Skill: Below Average
WE Weakness: Commitment, Memory, Sloppiness, Time
Other Projects: Fantasy Life, Real Life [For Morons]

What do you need for this project?

Beta Tester (Only 5, 1 Left)

Secondary Spell Creator

I feel like trying out a Beta. Where can I try one?

The Risen - Beta [First]
The Risen - Beta [Second] [Latest]

I would like to join in The Risen's team! How can I join?

That's easy! you can join by submitting an application form in this format:

Username:
WE Skill: (1 - Newbie, 2 - Below Average, 3 - Average, 4 - Good, 5 - Awesome)
WE Weakness: (Don't lie :D)
What I can provide as a member of the team:
Other Projects: (Project name and Link)
Icon Wanted as part of team: (Use tags)
[b]Username Color[/b]:
[b]Username Font[/b]:[r]
And that's it![/table]
[/center]

Last edited:
I'll join as a GUI triggerer. But I'll warn you that I'm quite inactive recently.

{EDIT}
Yep. Send me a PM for requests, coz to be honest, I'm too lazy to check the thread 24/7 and I'm inactive.
I also do very basic model editing and skinning(though I'm crap at both, be warned).

EDIT:
Do NOT double-post. Use the Edit button at the bottom right of your post! - Rui
Note: I didn't double post. I think indomitable1319 deleted his post!

Last edited:
Level 1
[ORIGINAL POST]I wanna be a beta tester[/ORIGINAL POST]

[Indomitable1319-improved Post]

Hey there, as we're already real-life best-friends, and the only reason why you, Indomitable1319 knows my password, I want to be a beta tester for this campaign. I can provide some bug reports (OH YOU BETTER DO) for ya. Thanks.

[/Indomitable1319-improved Post]

- Improved by I1319

Last edited:
Oh the headache you have given me, Kor. YM isn't enough for an explaination. As standard member rules, post in this format:

[Your Name]
[Age] - Can be HIDDEN
[WE Skill] - Can be HIDDEN
[WE Weakness] - Can be HIDDEN
[Other Projects] - If you have any. If you even have a Map Dev thread. IF YOU HAVE EVEN OPENED THE WE FOR [censored]

Kor666
WE Skill: Hidden
WE Weakness: Hidden
Other Projects: None

Level 1
[This is Indomitable1319, too lazy to sign back in]

Would you like to be the final beta tester?

Got it. So, what exactly do you want me to do?
I'll give some critique on it currently:
Good-
Beautiful terrain, matches W3
Excellent cinematics
Quests are inventive
Campaign overall is done in a style similar to Warcraft

Bad-
Unoriginal abilities
I don't like the colour for 'Right click to activate autocasting'.
That bit where you get the cog is a pain in the ass!

Suggestions:
Trigger some abilities, make them unique. It would spice the map up. You can, but don't have to, hire some voice-actors maybe, there are a few girls on The Hive, very few...Overall a good campaign that melds with the style of WC3 campaigns.

I haven't really fixed the abilities. That's where you come in.

- OMG HAXXZORRZZSS I HAVE BEAUTIFUL TERRAIN?!
- That's why there's a Fountain of Life there. It's for testing.
- Cinematics are good? YAY!
- Quests have to be inventive.
- Warcraft style is the most desired style for most campaigns these days... :D
- I haz to change the color scheme...
- Voice ACTORZ? OK LUOLZ

Thanks for the review.

Level 51
Ok, I assume, it was just the first mission? Because, the second map just started without any interlude or something.

anyway, here's a little review for the first map:

I liked the terrain, it gave me the good ol' blizzard feeling, though, I HIGHLY suggest you to remove the lilly pads from the forests and all the places were NO water is. Since, they make no sence at all their and look ugly.
The gameplay was meh, it fits the blizzard ones though, wich is a plus.
A few points I didn't understand. Why for example, did a lonely catapult be somewhere in the forest? Or, why did Oghma and his nightelfs make the two unconscious instead of just asking them? And first, they say like: Oh, it seems like the enemie caught as, and a few minutes later they help them without any mistrust.
Bugs I only found one, when I was at the battle against the undead, I let my Rave die (advised), though, I wasn't defeated. I just completed the mission and in the end cinematic she just wasn't there.

Level 51
= Okay
= Really? I can't remember that blizzard put tons of lilliy pads in their terrain, without being water their.
= Ehm. Okay.
= Who needed help? Oghma? He had tons of units. 2 more or less wouldn't make a difference, and he also couldn't know that they're "hero - units" (I mean, stronger then normal ones). And jeah, I know they're not bad, what I meant was, they're just get caught by to them unknown guys and after a few minutes they help them as they were their best friends.

Level 10
Music composer
Username: Hugget Sukker
WE Weakness: JASS.
Why I want to join: I like seeing my tracks used for something they were supposed to.
What I can provide as a member of the team: Music
Other Projects: Chernobyl - Lost Riddles

"Theme: Night elven" noted. Soon finishing tracks for another project. After that you can expect a PM soon.

Let spell ideas flow and show me what you can make out of the icons I've chosen.
Maybe:
Shiv - damage+stun+shadow strike?
We need to change Tactical View.
Soul Drain - Life Steal that isn't channeling? And with DPS to nearby units?
Wrath Of Nature (Locust Swarm) - Got nothing for this...

Frost Arrow - With temporary damage decrease each shot?
Soul Arrow - With ministun each shot?
Academic Knowledge - Increase damage too?
Destruction (Starfall) - A large permanent Immolation that deals weak DPS to enemies within the range of Starfall, and every X seconds, there is an X% chance for a random unit within the area to get Entangled.

How about that?

I'm back....!!!

Meh...

Raven Stryker:
She plays a Maiev-like role. She is a nuker and good at counter-attacks. Although she is not a tank, her agility allow her to escape risky encounters and her abilities bring a sledgehammer to the enemy.

Spell roles:
1: Primary spell, must be directly related to her combat. Often deals damage.
2: Secondary spell, usually a DPS spell that either aids allies or hinders enemies.
3: Passive/Autocast/Spam-spell. Deals minority damage, but builds up.
4: Ultimate, of course. This can be anything, though it usually suits the role of the hero. eg. the Paladin is a healer, and so has a revive spell as an ultimate.

Spell ideas:
1. Backstab: Deals 50 damage to a target nearby enemy unit initially. Then stuns for 3 seconds. Whilst the unit is stunned, if it is attacked, it takes double the damage.
This spell only works in Stealth(wait for it) and whilst at least 180 degrees behind the facing of the target unit.
2. Stealth: Turns invisible for 1.5 x your Agility(including current bonuses) seconds. Should the time run out, the unit issues a order, or your hero moves whilst she is near any enemy units, the cloaking wears off.
Also gives you a 2 x normal attack on the first attack(does not stack with Backstab), and dramatically slows your movement speed.
3. Glancing Blow: Has a 25% chance to deal a minor AoE knockback. The targeted units cannot cast any spells for 2 seconds.
4.(Ultimate) Knife Hurricane: Throws 5 Knives that revolve in a circle and return to the caster like a boomerang. Any enemy units it comes in contact with receives a small knockback, 25 damage, and a 5 second stun.
OR
5.(alternative Ultimate) Knife Hurricane: Constantly throws a flurry of knives every second. The knives revolve in a circle like a boomerang, and any enemy units it comes in contact with takes 50 damage.
Lasts 15 seconds.

I know some triggering, what's important if I understand it. Because I've made some custom spells as well, just not as epic as your GUI Inventory.

The total duration would be 10 seconds, and 16 knives thrown per second. The mana cost, it would be something really high for such a powerful skill, around 100 mana.
Each knife would deal 35, so it has the potential to deal 280 damage per second, whilst it has the potential to deal 2800 damage all around you. It just seems a bit imbalanced for me.

I'll ask my brother to help me balance it.
So you can start working on it. (Not a demand, we're not in a hurry.)

Status
Not open for further replies.