• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Rise of the Guardians ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
RotG24321.png

This is my first project, with my friend doomhammer99 here in hiveworkshop.

Des.png

Journey across the lands where dragons, magic, fantasy and chaos reunites,
with our four heroes on the edge, they have to choose between their dreams
or save Dracmere at all cost falling on the hands of the Vistuna.

Map Info
Author:ExecutorWar&doomhammer99
Suggested Players: 4
Map Size: 256x256 (Epic)
Map File Size: N/A yet
MembersPositionsGender
ExecutorWar
doomhammer99
Chaosy
BUP
Terrainer, Writer, Idealist, Object Editor
GUI, vJass Coder, Triggering
Spell/Systems Maker
Spell Maker
Male
Male
Male
Male

In need
Stat System Maker
Bug fixers
Grammar Checker/Description Maker

INTRO.png

Dragons are flying mythical creatures that have inconceivable powers. Legends say that magics were preserved before the time being and were passed on humans as guardians of force. Rumors said that some of the people who mastered the power of the dragons were able to transform into one. Every color of Dragons symbolizes power, energy, dexterity and purity, void, chaos and death. There are 3 races who survived many battles and preserved their kind:

Arquina

Vistuna

Diera

28m8hc.png

(One of the Arquina Dragons)

The Dragons who highly possesses the power of the four forces. Arquina dragons are intelligent dragons who can transform into human if they want to because of adaptation. They are the most intelligent dragons who live in the regions of Dracmere for ages. These dragons clans battled each of every one in the first War of the Dragons but manage to have peace when Vistuna Dragons take on their assault. After several years of mustering their power, the 4 Dragon Guardians decided to restore the equilibrium and helped each other to reseal the Tomb of Aquinox. Since then, they lived with the human race in decades who aided them in the second War of the Dragons. Arquina Dragons promised to protect the harmony at all costs.

(Screenshot Soon)

Vistuna are the Dragons who possesses dark powers. Their race are like the Arquina Dragons also who have higher intelligence than other dragon races but are not able to transform into human. Their kinds are from beneath the surface of the world who wants to destroy the harmony and peace. During the second War of the Dragons, Vistuna Dragons was sealed again in the Tomb of Aquinox where the portal to the nether world and the surface world of Dracmere connects with the help of the Four Legendary Heroes, descendants of the Dragon Guardians.

(Screenshot Soon)

Diera dragons are the lowest in the race of Dragons in the surface. They are found everywhere in the regions of Dracmere. They are also have the lowest intelligence and cannot speak nor fly unlike Arquina and Vistuna Dragons. They wander across the lands, hunting their prey usually humans, and other races to feed on them. But rumors say that some of Diera Dragons managed to grow some wings, ables to talk and other’s can fly.

Classes.png

RotG still have 12 more classes/advancement but for now here are the basic classes:

Wizard

Warrior

Cleric

Hunter

223544-albums5971-picture63532.png

Wizard is a scholar who studied magic in the Blue Dragon Empire. Wizards manipulate kinds of enchantments depending on their will to torment enemies. They are the descendants of the Blue Dragons.

Abilities:
-Psychic Spells
-Blood Magics
-Fire Enchantments

Advantages:
-Dealing massive damage behind their allies.
-Good at killing masses of enemies.

Disadvantages:
- Slower than other classes
- Low survivability rate
223544-albums5971-picture63533.png

Warrior is a cunning brave soldier who engage fights without even second thoughts. Always seen in the heart of battles, he is always ready to overcome enemies while his allies aid him.They are the descendants of the Red Dragons.

Abilities:
- Sword Arts
- Leadership Skills
- Feral Rage

Advantages:
- Good dealer of damage in the frontlines
- Fairly High Hitpoints

Disadvantage:
- Slow attack speed
- Low Mana
223544-albums5971-picture63538.png

Cleric is the defender of party who wields only their faith and their fists. Healing allies is the primary role while fighting the demons with their holy might. They are the descendants of the Gold Dragons.

Abilities:
- Healing Spells
- Supportive Skills
- Demon Bane

Advantage:
- High Hitpoints, Tanker
- Support for the Team

Disadvantage:
- Unable to destroy masses of enemies.
- Limited Combat Skills
223544-albums5971-picture63539.png

Hunter is the great slayer of an enemy. She can also deal damage from afar if she wanted to, and her primary role is to destroy enemies instantaneously. They are the descendants of the Green Dragons.

Abilities:
- Assassination Arts
- Guerilla Tactics
- Range Specialties

Advantage:
- Furiously fast
- Deals very high damage

Disadvantage:
- Fragile and
- Can only target one enemy at a time.

IGS.png

223544-albums5977-picture63559.png

223544-albums5977-picture63558.png

223544-albums5977-picture63574.png

223544-albums5977-picture63575.png

223544-albums5977-picture63576.png

223544-albums5977-picture63577.png

223544-albums5977-picture63689.png

223544-albums5977-picture63688.png

223544-albums5977-picture63835.png

-edited because of the "grass comment"
223544-albums5977-picture63834.png

-edited the waterfalls
223544-albums5977-picture63833.png

223544-albums5977-picture63832.png

(WIP)
xmnx2q.png

vra90m.png

Progress:
223544-albums5977-picture63831.png

*Constructive criticisms are always accepted.
*Progress screen shots wills be updated every time.

SF.png
  • Custom Inventory System
  • Interact System
  • Ranking System
  • Riddle System
  • Class Advancement
  • Crafting System
  • Save/Load System
  • Skill Points System
  • Fast Paced Battle

Stats:

ImageAttribute
icons_13912_btn.jpg
Strength
icons_6882_btn.jpg
Vitality
icons_8775_btn.jpg
Agility
icons_13641_btn.jpg
Dexterity
icons_15160_btn.jpg
Intelligence
icons_15563_btn.jpg
Wisdom
Credits
For the Icons used in this thread, and will be used in the project:
*Peekay
*KelThuzad
*67chrome
*Darkfang
*Hellx-Magnus

Other Screen Shots:

Whelp"

Drake"

Dragon"

10o4a2w.png

2s0o0fp.png

2mzmfbp.png

10zr4mf.png
1zoyo1j.png

kbdt9t.png

Here you can see how many stat point you will gain in every rank.

Notes/Suggestions:
We are open to all suggestions and we're still in need of members. And For those who want to support the project, here's I also added a banner.

BannerPosSupp.png

And for other questions, the title was made 4 months ago before the Rise of the Guardian of DreamWorks showed up.

Overall Progress:|||||||||| 13%
Terrain:||||||||||12%
Triggers:||||||||||3%
Spells:|||||||||||1%
Systems:||||||||||0%

UL.png
  • 03/12/2012 4:22pm GMT+8 - Posted Thread
  • 03/12/2012 7:57pm GMT+8 - Added Other ScreenShots and Summary
  • 03/12/2012 11:37pm GMT+8 - Added the Dragon Races(Introduction)
  • 04/12/2012 3:20pm GMT+8 - Added Classes Screenshots and Short Info of Classes
  • 05/12/2012 1:21pm GMT+8 - Added more screenshots.
  • 07/12/2012 8:40am GMT+8 - Edited Descriptions/Other stuffs
  • 09/12/2012 12:28nn GMT+8 - Added Terrain Progress Screenshots
  • 12/12/2012 6:34pm GMT +8 - Edited the falls/grass added 1st dungeon
    (WIP)
  • 14/12/2012 1:08am GMT+8 - Spoiled the Red Dragon Guardian

Last edited:
Level 9
I think it is a bit early to post this in Map Dev. Based on the introduction, the game tells that you are a man/woman (?) with a dragon ( I suggest, from egg-baby-whelp-drake-dragon-elder ) that you can gain stats from. (?). How about the dragon is like your teacher. Like :

Red - Pyro skills
Blue - Ice/Water Skills
Yellow - Lightning Skills
Unlockables ( ? )
Green - Nature Skills
Violet - Darkness Skills
Brown - Earth Skills
Black - Void Skills
White - Judgement/Holy Skills
-Da Fist-

Level 4
thanks for the suggestion da fist, my pleasure :D anyway, here are the types based on the color of the dragon:
Red Dragons - Warrior Clan
Blue Dragons - Magician Clan
Gold Dragons - Cleric Clan
Green Dragons - Hunter Clan

and the villains:
Black Dragons - Chaos
*Undead Dragons - Death
Nether Dragons - Void

since the upkeep is more than 3, We will try to increase the rank but were gonna have trouble in putting the infos on the upper right box

I like your suggestion though. You mean you can gain skill whatever dragon you choose? Lets see what we can do. :)

Level 4
I see you made a new thread. This one looks slicker and better.
Concerning those screenshots, I dont like that rock tile. Plus add a little more life. Just a few.

Thanks for the comments DJ :D yeah the rock tile burdens me too. anyway, can you specifically tell what will I add to make the map livelier?

Well I learned from my experience of making project thread that its best to put terrain screenshot on its 70-90% state if not 100% since its a different state from viewers perspective. ;)

Yeah thanks to you master jay, i adapted some of your techniques even in thread making :D I wont forget that. Also, I saw that kind of screenies on your melee map :D

Test map as soon as possible!
I can't believe Kobas was here :D alright i'll work on it as soon as possible. I have some other things to do, but I'm actively updating this project :D

Level 4
thanks BUP. :D actually we are having a hard time making this map. we lack of team members but we are doing are best ;) i really want to finish this map. anyway, i'll release the beta if we completed some spells and improved more terraining.

Level 4
As always terrain is good
Wow, You're terraining is getting better.
thanks doom and legendary :D
Hey what's the file size at the moment? Because WoW exported models are takes pretty big space, or you removed many animations?
i'll check it out. I really think that it consumes large space dont know how to remove other anims, (still a beginner) unless someone can do that for me :D
I'd like more unique class names.
Also, the hunter model fits much more an assassin\rogue. ;)
about that sin'dorei i think i really need this to spoil now, the class advancement of the hunter is either Assassin/Ninja/Marksman (anyway marksman with the use of knives since i didn't add bowmen.) or you can suggest character title for knife thrower :D
As I love the idea about this project I want to help. I can do general triggers, systems, and not too advanced spell its boring to make them :p
don't worry, the spells are not too OP. you can check this and this too. anyway, the stat system is not ready yet.

Level 4
anyway, im already placing some pathing blockers and i'll modify the model animations to conserve more space. the next update will be late i guess :)

Level 4
What kind of save/load system do you use for your map ?

i'm planning to place a save/load system that puts a notepad into the folder of wc. its the best and make the players more comfortable to load their codes. i dont have them yet since we still dont have system makers. or maybe chaosy can do that for us.

Level 13
i'm planning to place a save/load system that puts a notepad into the folder of wc. its the best and make the players more comfortable to load their codes. i dont have them yet since we still dont have system makers. or maybe chaosy can do that for us.

I object this save/load you are doing.. i say you could make it like you can pick save to folder or just print screen.
Problem: What if the player is playing in the computer shop, it would be a big problem.
Possible Answer: You can create it and make sure that the player who save the character is equivalent to the name of the player who save. Or it will cause the player to steal the character of other players

Level 4
alright legendary, i got your point. its like the saving thingy in paranoia. now it can be prevented. thanks for the suggestion

Level 4
Well..
1 they dont suit in wc3 terrain
2 the model itself does not suit a vleric with full armor. I think wc3 models would suot better. I can send suggestions later

anyway, i will change the cleric model. already here. i just didnt took a screen shot yet. and the HD purpose is to highlight the main characters.

anyway, just go ahead. suggestion is always free and since you are part of this :) anyway, the mana compression, that is not what i mean. its a point target skill that sucks the enemies in the center of the targeted point. most likely near to what youve done. and its great :)

Level 4
Will fix the spell then :)
edit: here it is, use the blizzard spell to test it note that i has 100 radius so dont worry :p

hahaha yeah right i forgot, i will just make a dummy blizzard spell for that. anyway, what do you think? i like the main chars that way, and since you open it up, i'll post a screen shot of a dragon to make them excited as well :D

Level 4
lets make a version that we will use all those models, trust me chaosy, those models will not fit the dragon forms. I'll post a dragon model maybe later. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.