• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Rise of the Burning Legion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
MAP INFO
So, basicly, I have presented this project before on hive, but it was quite a long time ago. Now, for this presentation, I'll give you full details regarding the project.

So, this project was started on December the 17th 2013. This is a singleplayer campaign, holding custom story and breaks the Warcraft one. It's a dungeon crawler/raid type map with 12 different encounters to go with.

The map itself holds many factors of WoW and features, such as DBM, damage Show, and Dungeon Journal which will be explained more.
FEAUTRES

Deadly Boss Mods
A sytsem holding all boss recent casted abilities and warns you with a sound. Can also be used to predict boss future casting based on your own timer.
Damage Show
A system designed for damage show based on boss castings, or in case some abilities don't do what they were told. Shows all damage done on you and your enemies. (For bug reports.)

White damage is damage done by you and your heroes.

Purple is damage done by your enemies, the Burning Legion.

Red is damage done by your allies, the Alliance and the Horde.

Dungeon Journal
A system in a Quest Journal and in system in a form of spellbook. It holds informations of all boss abilities that let you know to get familiar with the mechanics.

CUSTOM LORE/STORY

sargeras.jpg

Sargeras: Sargeras is the creator and leader of the Burning Legion. Sargeras was once a vanir titan, a Champion of the Pantheon chosen to defend the worlds that they had created.

Sargeras has changed over the millennia. While he once served his race as guardian and protector, he is now the titans' worst enemy. Sargeras works to undo what the titans have strived for ages to achieve. He is now the master of all that is evil and demonic. Lesser beings quake and flee in his presence.

wow_kil_jaeden_wallpapersuggest_com-t2.jpg

Kil'jaeden: Kil'jaeden is a powerful eredar demon lord and is the acting leader of the Burning Legion. Elected twenty-five thousand years ago as the chief lieutenant of Sargeras, he was ranked above the now-deceased demon lord, Archimonde. While Archimonde had led the Legion's armies, Kil'jaeden's agenda was to assimilate every race possible into the folds of the Burning Legion. Since the apparent banishment of Sargeras, he has assumed the role of supreme commander.

He is also the creator of the Lich King.

latest

Servants of Kil'jaeden and Sargeras: An army released to prepare Sargeras' arrival in Hellfire Peninsula. Now prime summoner, Dek'Thor, once Twilight's Hammer cultits fall under influence of Sargeras and decieded to help him. He released many of his servants to help him summon Sargeras, and one of them, Eredar Warlord. Now Kil'jaeden's agent is trying to break down Dark Portal's guardians for everything to be prepared for Sargeras' arrival.
THE WHOLE STORY OF THE CAMPAIGN

Before the Tide Story:
It all started now in present world of Azeroth when one of the Twilight Highlands cultists of Twilight's Hammer, named Dek'Thor came in contact with Sargeras and once Sargeras has shown him his power and promised him to have equal to its own, Dek'Thor has agreed to help him out. Sargeras has tried to escape the Twisting Nether by creating a portal for his whole army, but that portal would consume alot of his power, leaving him in a position to become vulnerable on demigod's attacks. But, to spawn a portal on other side, it also took a huge amount of power, so Sargeras has spawned his own avatar, that contained incredible amount of power and Dek'Thor consumed it and began to spawn a portal. In attempt to spawn Sargeras, he was interrupted by 4 brave heroes in assist of Malfurion Stormrage, Varian Wrynn and Thrall who were preparing for this day long time. They managed to stop Dek'Thor and his evil cultists and close the portal. Sadly, that wasn't the end of it. 'tho Dek'Thor was badly wounded, he managed to telepoert himself away far, far from them (Thanks to his new powers) and heal up. That is where RotBL lore starts.

Rise of the Burning Legion Story:
After healing up, Dek'Thor met with other demons in Hellfire Peninsula, and got in a fight with its Pit Commander. Unfortunately, The pit lord was no where near Dek'Thor's level and he managed to break him apart and gain control over the demons. In Hellfire Peninsula, he gathered up the remaining scattered demons and attacked Peninsula's Dark Portal defenses... and began to cast the Portal... again...
Many creatures and demons from Twisting Nether that didn't cost alot of power to summon and were Sargeras' agents came in Hellfire Peninsula and slayed its defenders. The current right hand of Kil'jaeden, "Eredar Warlord" broke in the Blasted Lands, slayed big part of its defenses and left the remaining to his minions. Luckily, one of the human Captains, Danny went to Stormwind seeking help of Varian to aid the remaining Blasted Lands defenses and push demons back into the Twisting Nether.

Rest is up to the heroes... You, and your heroes must defeat Sargeras' 10 agents and bring the devil of Azeroth himself in the Twisting Nether to stop the evil once and for all.
Project LeaderLead TerrainerLead BETA Tester
GarodarCarl R.John

MAPS
25% UPDATED
TERRAIN
48% UPDATED
BOSSES
26% UPDATED
Eredar Warlord
100% COMPLETED
Infernos
90% UPDATED
Pyros
92% UPDATED
Mizgill
63% UPDATED
Azgalor
5% UPDATED
Dek'Thor
0% UPDATED
Detecchus
0% UPDATED
Lord Felthus
0% UPDATED
Risa'ner
0% UPDATED
Kil'jaeden
0% UPDATED
Remnants of the Legion
0% UPDATED
Sargeras
0% UPDATED

Now, I might as well just want to say. Some people are still not so ... I mean, not many people understanded the story... and some people might say its too harsh just to go in there and kill Sargeras like that. Well, I won't give up the ending. You will see the ending for yourself later... and what hapepns to Sargeras. He is already mortally weakened for the loss of some his power, which at the end, your heroes absorbed after killing Dek'Thor.

Screenshots:

SCREENSHOTS:

0BtBDA7.jpg

RItM8UF.jpg

AlLiu7n.jpg

WLyIjGu.jpg

6bQZfr3.jpg

MMxwf0y.jpg

Main Hosted Project on Warcraft Underground: http://wcunderground.freeforums.org/viewforum.php?f=85

CREDITS
Keytal
Unwirklich
Danny
Swine
Blizzard Entertainment

So for now, just let me know what you thing and what you think could be improved.

Last edited:
Level 5

It's been over an year since anything was posted here. Also I know you are full of enthusiasm, and some of these campaigns might look awesome, but please stop bring back from the dead posts such as this. It doesn't help with much, if you are not sure of the state in which a campaign or map is in at the current time, please read the comments about it. Thank you for your time and I hope you don't hold it against me for saying this.

Level 5
It's been over an year since anything was posted here. Also I know you are full of enthusiasm, and some of these campaigns might look awesome, but please stop bring back from the dead posts such as this. It doesn't help with much, if you are not sure of the state in which a campaign or map is in at the current time, please read the comments about it. Thank you for your time and I hope you don't hold it against me for saying this.
ok, i just want to give some support. sorry.

Level 5
The project is cancelled for a long time already. I'd appreciate if mods lock this thread or remove it.
i really appreciate your project. why did you stop it? what a pity :/ i thought this project was alive all this time, sorry.

Level 8
I really did not have time to work on any projects, let alone this. I barely finished my projects on Warcraft Underground and even that took years. Sorry to disappoint you. Plus, the project was halfway doomed already when I started it, because it did not receive enough feedback so there was no need to continue it. Now, I'd appreciate if someone who understands this site well can get admins to lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.