• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Relic Defense BETA Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Relic Defense BETA 6.0

Current Version: BETA 6.0

BETA 6.0 Released

Prevent the creeps from reaching the vital point on the bottom of the map. You have 14 heroes to choose from.

This is Hero Defense Map.
I need tester, please post your comment/suggestion here after testing the map. :)
And please tell me what version is your warcraft client. I'm using 1.23 to make this map.
I recommend at least 2 - 4 people to play this game :D

Credit goes to me for making the map and scripting area

All custom icon and model credited to their respective owner:
KelThuzad, CRAZYRUSSIAN, Kallimachos, PrMosquito, cedi, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, Mc !, The_Avenger's_Return, JetFangInferno, Norinrad, Paladon, General Frank, lelyanra, Wyvernoid

Please let me know if your name is not written in the credit. :]

This is still BETA Version, means still got a lot of improvement. Bug, balance, glitches, etc.

Map Status
BETA Testing - Work in Progress (70% Finished)

Future Version Notes:
- New Area
- Arena Mode
- AI
- Recipe System
- Endless Mode (Configurable)
- etc

Next Version Change Notes:
- All skill level increase to 20 - In Progress (5% Finished)
- Upgradeable Equipment - In Progress (95% Finished)
- Unit Recruiting System - In Progress
- New Heroes - In Progress
- New Shop/Item/Equipment - In Progress
- Improved creeps - Done
- Improved Hero skill - In Progress
- Fixing fountain bug - Fixed
- New waves : air unit (Configurable) - In Progress
- New waves : bosses - In Progress

Known error in this version (BETA 5.0):
- The mana potion's price is different from the description - Fixed
- You can't finish the game, I missed a single trigger ~.~ - Fixed
- No corpse for Animator Hero - Fixed
- Ring and Circlet of Superiority got a wrong price - Fixed
- Oracle's Rejuvenation skill has no cooldown - Fixed
- Prevent Firelord from being Illusioned - Fixed

BETA 6.0 change log:
- New Heroes - Finished
- Unit recruiting system - Postponed
- Colorful Text :p (idea by Mcasdf) - Done
- Some heroes skill change - Finished
- Grammar and description fix- Fixed
- New Shop - Postponed
- Fix some bugs (Bug keeps coming up :/) - Fixed
- Descriptive Skill Info - Postponed
- Hero Repicking - Done
- Reduce Illusion's duration from 60 to 30 seconds - Fixed
- Increase damage of Monsoon from 20 damage/Level to 30 damage/Level- Fixed
- Increase creep's movement speed (70% of my BETA tester said it was too slow) - Fixed
- New difficulty (it was too easy, yes? --") - Fixed
- Host Finder (It will check who is the host, so "Player 1 is needed...." is no longer needed - Fixed - Thanks to The_Clam for the info and ragingspeedhorn for the script.
- New Terrain :)

41Relic.jpg

Known Bug (Fixed in version 5.0):
- Dark Portal can be attacked - Fixed
- Useless guarding unit - Fixed
- Flying Unit goes outside the track - Fixed
- Fountain can be attacked - Fixed
- Some Grammar error - Fixed
- Unit spawn too fast - Fixed
- Limit the maximum unit in the map - Fixed - Max unit in the map = 50
- Cleaving attack bug - Doubt - Should be fixed, but not sure
- Imbalance Dark Templar Skill - Fixed - Critical damage multiply reduced from 1.5/1.75/2 to 1.1/1.3/1.5
- Fixed some skill description - Fixed
- The Dark Templar can't be controlled after a period of time - Doubt - Should be fixed, but not sure

Some changes in BETA 5.0 version:
- (*Edited*)All creeps armor changed to Normal - Finished
- New Game Mode, Normal (Waiting time between waves) and Extreme (No waiting time) - Finished
- New Heroes (2) - Finished
- Accessories and Misc Shop - Finished
- Some item price changed due to balance problem - Finished

Thank you to Mcasdf, fagge, The_Clam, (NrJ^), Maverick, [T]he-O, discuz, Haz, and Zack1996 :)
And to bounty_hunter2 for his time for testing my map :)

Any suggestion/comment/etc please just post here, regarding Imbalance heroes, item, creep, etc..
I want to remake all creeps so that the spells still can be used until the game is finished, All replay posted here will be VERY VERY appreciated
Please help me make my map better :)

[My map may be not interested, it may be not good, it may be old-fashioned, but I spent a lot of effort and trying my best into this map :x]

Attachments

• (8)Relic Defense BETA 6.0.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Level 6
Nice map, played as Pyro

+
Minimap image was good :)
Fun spells
Challenging
Good mobs

+/-

Fire armor attacks friendly (Makes the game harder :S)

-
Loading screen, more info
Fix the description, more info
Lesser fel stalker attacks portal (wtf)
After a while (in solo) the spawns become full and lags maybe set a unit in map max?
Credits need to be fixed, it doesn't say who did what.
In Special thanks "... the site where i LEARN ...", should be Learned, little grammar error.
Pyromancers fireballs have black smoke around them.

Level 4
At last, a "comment" xD

Thank you for your comment, all errors will be fixed in the next version.. :)

The fire armor is the modification from lightning shield, so it damages friendly unit, is it better to keep it or should I change it?

Lesser fel staler attacks portal? o_O
I will check it out, it shouldn't happening.

I will set the maximum unit in the next version :)

By the way, I got problem with the grammar (yea, my english sucks xD), if you found another error, please let me know :/

Thank you for the comment, Mcasdf, I really appreciate it

Level 25
I played it as dark templar, didnt had much time when i tested it, might test it later again and look for more things :)

Positive:
Interesting spells and items.
Good info on the items and spells.
Cool models :).

negative:
dark templar´s skill improved blade it says "boost the dark templar's damage", where it should be "boosts" ;)
And well, its spawns waaay to many units/too fast, all over and over again units got stuck everywhere, at some places they where stuck (and maybe bugged) and they couldnt even attack me neither walk anywhere, i could die like 5 times in a row and they had move like 1 centimeter :/
And i must say that the units that help you is mostly annoying :/ i dont think you will have any trouble defending with maximum players, the little archers for example that is running around is only in the way and blocking :/
And are the units supposed to attack the invulnerable fountain? :S

Level 4
Thank you for your comment, fagge..

Yes, a lot of player reporting that error

1. The creep attacks the fountain (invulnerable fountain -_-")
2. I should limit the maximum creep in the map, to reduce the lag.
3. The creep's spawn is way to fast
4. Description of the item is wrong, it says 100 damage but it only gives you 50 damage
5. The cleaving attack is bugged, using 2 axes will give you "crazy" damage to the creeps, if anyone have idea what's going on, please tell me :/
6. The Dark Templar can't be controlled after a period of time, I don't know why also :/
7. The archer and the footman blocking the way off, yes, I will kill them in the next version xD
8. The flying unit moves outside the track. No more flying unit in the next version.

Yea, a lot of error in this beta version xD

Thank you for the comment, fagge
Sadly, the model doesn't belong to me :3

Level 6
The fire armor is more fun that way but please write it down in the spell at least :) And how does the fountain work? And what are those summoning circles?
Edit: The creeps don't attack they just walk 5 meters then stop until they get to me, if you are ranged then it's exploitable.

Level 4
Roger that, I will change the skill description..

Oh and about the fountain, it works as usual but it will temporary stop regenerate your hp/mp if the creeps nearby (the water goes black, isn't?).

The summoning circle:
The blue circle indicates the teleport area, I'm thinking to put a floating text on it later.
The other circle is supposed to be where the hired unit spawn, for now it's not yet implemented.

Edit: The creeps don't attack they just walk 5 meters then stop until they get to me, if you are ranged then it's exploitable.
When did that happen?

Level 15
Tested it, it was not bad. I played Barbarian.
Just some things to note:
The Ground Slam thing does about twice the damage it states, change the tooltips to show the correct values.
Also, when the units start spamming up, they get stuck and stuff, courtesy of Blizzard so you can't really do much but maybe reduce the spawn rate :S Its crazy, nearly unlimited.
Also, the mana potions heal too much mana. Barbarian only has like, 100 mana at the beginning, not much point regenerating 500 mana right? Make some weaker mana potions-cheaper and heals less mana.
Also, the items' prices are not really balanced. I spent 1000 gold for 20 armour instead of 1500 for 20 armour. At the beginning, one more inventory slot is not really worth that much :S. It would be better if you made it upgradeable instead of buying higher tier items with about the same bonuses but better.

Overall, a decent map. Keep it up! +rep

Level 4
Thank you for your comment Zack,

The Ground Slam thing does about twice the damage it states, change the tooltips to show the correct values.
Also, when the units start spamming up, they get stuck and stuff, courtesy of Blizzard so you can't really do much but maybe reduce the spawn rate :S Its crazy, nearly unlimited.
The skill does twice of the damage because of the creeps armor, yes it is "heavy", means double damage to spell. :D
I will fix that in the next version, thanks, and the maximum unit in the map will be limited in the next version, don't worry :p [you can see the change log on my first post)

Also, the mana potions heal too much mana. Barbarian only has like, 100 mana at the beginning, not much point regenerating 500 mana right? Make some weaker mana potions-cheaper and heals less mana.
For mana potion, I will make cheaper potion. And yes you're right, 500 mana is wasted.

Also, the items' prices are not really balanced. I spent 1000 gold for 20 armour instead of 1500 for 20 armour. At the beginning, one more inventory slot is not really worth that much :S. It would be better if you made it upgradeable instead of buying higher tier items with about the same bonuses but better.
I thought 1 slot is really worth it :p. I will make it upgrade-able in the future version.

Again, thank you for your comment, I really appreciated it :D

Level 6
Found some stuff that might want to get improved :)
Tooltips: I'm sorry to say this but tooltips look a little boring expect spells they are perfect. Like your items: The title could be colored, the same with the stats. And when you choose a spell it becomes white and boring.

I played as Zerathul, great model btw. But his smoke screen is worthless XD He has a invis but he also has a channeling spell which cost mana and he gets damaged. Total garbage, maybe great on another hero but zerathul already has a coward spell.

The dark portal has a level ... Wtf XD

Oh and a grammar mistake. Between the 10% and some text in the pendant of bashing, you missed a space.
I loved that you have added more shops :) Might wanna change status to stats in the ring of superiority.

A repick function would be lovely and in the beginning, you might want to change the time for the dialog to pop up or have the screen blacked because i can see my wisp. And it's not that funny looking.
Credits are still not fixed ...
Played as Jaina. Blizzard damages friends. Add a tooltip or change it.

Continue with this map, it can become great :D

Oh and thanks for the credit place in your map <3

Change the icon on the dwarf warriors war stomp, it's a hammer XD
Dwarf strength tooltip text needs to be changed, it says "Gives immunity to magic by 50% ..." I think "Gives a 50% protection against magic" fits better.

When you die, the creeps that kills you walk backwards ...

Level 4
Tooltips: I'm sorry to say this but tooltips look a little boring expect spells they are perfect. Like your items: The title could be colored, the same with the stats. And when you choose a spell it becomes white and boring.
I will put more colorful text in the next version xD (Except for skill)

I played as Zerathul, great model btw. But his smoke screen is worthless XD He has a invis but he also has a channeling spell which cost mana and he gets damaged. Total garbage, maybe great on another hero but zerathul already has a coward spell.
You're the fourth person who said that.. :p

Oh and a grammar mistake. Between the 10% and some text in the pendant of bashing, you missed a space.
I loved that you have added more shops :) Might wanna change status to stats in the ring of superiority.
Fixed, thanks

A repick function would be lovely and in the beginning, you might want to change the time for the dialog to pop up or have the screen blacked because i can see my wisp. And it's not that funny looking.
Repick function will be available in the next version, and the wisp won't spawn until the difficulty and the game mode selected.

Played as Jaina. Blizzard damages friends. Add a tooltip or change it.
I thought I did? o.o

Continue with this map, it can become great :D

Oh and thanks for the credit place in your map <3
I will, with your support xD..

Change the icon on the dwarf warriors war stomp, it's a hammer XD
Dwarf strength tooltip text needs to be changed, it says "Gives immunity to magic by 50% ..." I think "Gives a 50% protection against magic" fits better.
Done :p

When you die, the creeps that kills you walk backwards ...
I don't know why this is happened, but I have already put anti stuck trigger that force all unit owned by player 11 to move every 30 seconds.

Thank you (again) for your review :D

Level 4
XD
Yea, I spent 2 hours to remodel the terrain. I'm trying to fix what bounty_hunter2-sama said:
To start, as I usually do, is the terrain. The terrain is quite average, to lacking. Not good, misses more dodoads, contains to much empty spaces aswell.

I hate to release a new version if there only one or two bug fixed.
I have another problem, heroes' skill. I don't understand a single JASS code ~.~

Level 4
I better start looking at Spells section to get the custom spells :/
Yea, modified original spells is boring T_T

I will remake all of the spells later.
Mcasdf, do you understand JASS?
I think I will ask someone to help me build a custom spell.

Level 4
woah, French people speaks JASS? xD

My map is getting weird after playing around with JASS code, some of my hero damages himself on every attack they did. I hate JASS --", guess I will stick with GUI.. xD

My map release will be delayed for 2 or 3 days :/

No more bugs found in BETA 5.0?

Level 4
Don't touch JASS until you have some experience :) Its a wonderful thing but don't use your map as an experimental rat.
Here's a wonderful tutorial by one of our fellow members if you want to learn JASS: JASS Tutorial
Ouchie, I think I better stick to GUI.
The only problem in GUI is, I'm afraid that too much GUI will slow down the map (someone told me earlier), he said "JASS will reduce memory lack in your map". XD

But I think (after what The_Clam said) GUI won't affect that much.. :D

edit:
Can you guys tell me which waves the hero's spell started to become unusable? Like the creeps is having to much HP.

edit:
Woa, Zack, I accidentally looked at your profile and I see this
"Current Activity: Viewing Thread Portal Defense BETA 1.3"

That was my first map xD

Last edited:
I was starting to think i should drop by this forum... so i did! i want to point out, that i'm not credited in the map thread itself, and that you haven't asked me for any spells :/ although i'm happy to give you some. you said i couldn't look at your map since your friend said not to give it away, don't you think he meant handing it over to someone else, for them to continue working on it? Well, if i were to steal it, i would get no asteem for it, since you're so well published. But no matter! it just complicates my work with your spells... ... now i've said what i wanted... continue the good work... (btw: i almost completed the game alone with dark templar (i stopped at a point, got bored), anyone who wants to do so, learn frenzy, damage bonus, but crap on the smoke potion.)
~The_Clam

Level 4
Oh yes xD

that i'm not credited in the map thread itself
I thought I did? --'

I'm thinking to make a new hero with completely new custom spells, that time I will ask you for help, but not now :/
Please don't think bad about me ~.~

I think I should change the smoke bomb skill, but what? -_-"

Well, I'm doing a small fix in BETA 6.0 version, so please don't download it first (except if you're really want to try :))

in this thread you did, but not at the one where you download the map.

... what's up with all those negative smiley's :S --', ~.~, -_-" ... am i annoying you? *weeps* :'( :( :| :/ :) :D hehe i'm okay! the smoke bomb skill... replace it with an autocast bonus damage skill, melee range, that's what i would do, he is so stuffed with mana... a channeling spell for him.... not worth it. he's supposed to strike damn fast at the enemy, with tremendous damage. Without getting hit at all, the perfect combat machine. except the fact, that i hit the max speed of him pretty quickly... i think it have something to do wtiht the animation speed... dunno...

Well, ready when you are :)

~The_Clam

Level 4
That's not a negative smiley xD
That's my commonly used smiley..

in this thread you did, but not at the one where you download the map.
Oh, sorry :p

i think it have something to do wtiht the animation speed
Yea, tried before, but the animation is getting weird (dancing Templar ~.~)..
I halved his Animation Backswing Point and Animation Damage Point, let see what will happen.

edit:
replace it with an autocast bonus damage skill, melee range, that's what i would do, he is so stuffed with mana
can't do, the critical damage won't come out :/

edit:
Small bug has been fixed, feel free to download BETA 6.0 :)

Last edited:
Level 4
yea, just tried :/

I'm thinking the same thing, poison damage etc, but I think I will give at least an active skill for the first skill (W hotkey).. He already has too many passive skill.. :/

Level 4
you see, killing that many creep using non-aoe skill (using skill to the creep one by one)... :/

edit:
nvm, I forgot I can modify it using GUI

edit:
What do you think if I set the maximum lvl of the normal skill to 20 and ultimate skill to 5?

Last edited:
Level 11
Hm, maybe I'm too good, or the game is too easy^^ I prefer the second point. I just managed killing all buildings, reaching lvl 100 and entered lvl 39 as SINGLEplayer. I chose difficulty normal and the troll assassin.

Level 4
I would say use dark_dragons, if you use gui, i use it in my map :) easy to understand and easy to edit :)
Can you please tell me which one is it? (the link will be good :p)

Hm, maybe I'm too good, or the game is too easy^^ I prefer the second point. I just managed killing all buildings, reaching lvl 100 and entered lvl 39 as SINGLEplayer. I chose difficulty normal and the troll assassin.
Hmm, so many ppl said it is too easy.. Do you have any idea what thing should I add to increase the difficulty apart from increasing HP/armor/damage? (I'm out of idea @.@)

I'm thinking to add boss stage.. (It was there in version BETA 2.0, but I removed it)

edit:
err, thank you Thyrael for your comment :p

Level 11
At lvl 100 with the best armour I got an damagereduction of 91%. That is quite toooo much. And it seems that the cleave effect stacks if your wear more than 1 axe. I had 3 of the best cleave axes( +500 dmg 30% aoe dmg). So one hit of my hero hits up to 8 mobs. Paired with the critskill of the troll assassin I had an effectiv dps of higher than 50.000/s.

Level 11
Simple set the max number of weapons to 1. that will prevent players from buying multiple weapons and it also lowers the dmgoutput. Same for armours etc. All highquality items marked as [rare] should be limited to 1 per hero. thats also logic, cause no hero has 3 arms to wear 3 twohanded axes^^

Level 4
hmm, so the logic is.. 1 helmet, 1 armor, 1 weapon, 1 shield, 2 potion slots? :p
I should do a lot of triggers to do that, yes? -_-"
*cough*any help will be appreciated*cough* xD

Well, that will do since I'm planning to make the item upgrade-able :)

Level 11
3x searing axe, 1x shamas claw, 1x stone of vitaliy and 1 stack super healing potions just for being careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.