• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tower Defense] Random Walk TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Oh, I am very sorry for causing this issue. I watched the replay and I used the 'Ready' a long time before the point I used it again, the point where I was confused no message shows up.

I know there is a sign on the board, but could you add a little trigger that shows up something like 'You already marked yourself ready' or something similar ?
A little symbol of the board is easily not noticed ( well, not THAT true, but, well, yeah...).

Level 25
Hehe, that's a relief.

Good idea, I'll include that error message.

EDIT: Update 0.43 (also on MMH)
- Undo changed to 30 seconds or interaction (ability/attack) with creeps, whichever comes first
- Gate can now only be built on the path
- Creeps now fast forward while not being attacked
- Fixed Mortgage not taking as many houses as it should, and added diminishing returns to the ability
- Left/computer players will now auto ready every wave.
- Some tooltip improvements
- Fixed Tactician's order ability removing some abilities
- Shadow mechanic:
- - Shadow Eye no longer casts a shadow, but has a new passive that increases damage if the target is in shadow.
- - Altar of Darkness no longer casts a shadow
- - New tower: Shadow, similar to the pavement this is basically a map effect (cannot be sold) that applies the shadow buff
- - Black Mirror's reflection only persists while the target is in shadow; cooldown reduced to compensate
- - New upgrade from Altar of Darkness: Altar of Death, which damages everything in shadow
- Fixed bug with Yurt and Tundra Yurt's nomad ability (reworked)

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, I played v43 in multi player.

Here is some feedback:

- A left player / an afk player prevents remake
- There could be a message before the stats are listed that there is an option to remake, as many players aren't interested in the stats and leave before the cinematic starts
- 'Miner' stat was listed twice
- The range of Goblin Chemist isn't high enough, he tends to not attack creeps, except bosses, maybe slightly increase his range
- What do you think about a buff tooltip for stunned/ frozen towers ?
- Goblin Shredder has the ability of Goblin Airship (?) called 'Drifted', but a different icon
- I saw a Vine Tower having Debuff Spread ( Goblin Poison Tower) attacking a creep with poison buff although there were some creeps with no poison buff ( maybe they came into range after the tower attacked, I am going to have a close look on the replay)
- Goblin Sapper feels a bit weak, maybe you could think about adding something to him that makes him more attractive
- Could you add damage information to the Goblin mine, please ?

Level 25
Quick note on the poison tower: remember it also has the "whoops" passive, which may trigger after the auto-micro and make it attack a random target, regardless of buff.

Looking at the rest now.

EDIT:
Goblin Chemist - will be changing the ability as suggested a few pages ago (he'll start moving if he reaches max rage stacks)
Buff tooltip - when I get around to polishing everything; there are plenty of bad icons/tooltips that I need to fix
Goblin Shredder - I was busy giving passive icons to all units with special abilities and simply forgot to type in the tooltip for this one, lol
Sapper - Will add mine info and an upgrade. For now I'll just buff him by increasing the mine placement range; I feel his stats are good enough.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Quick note on the poison tower: remember it also has the "whoops" passive, which may trigger after the auto-micro and make it attack a random target, regardless of buff.
Ahh, this explains a lot. I wasn't aware it attacks also other creeps, I thought it either attacks a creep or a tower.
I apologize for having something of this kind in my feedback again...

Level 25
Update 0.44
- Added a command to disable gate placement prevention, allowing you to place it anywhere again.
- Fixed some tooltip errors
- Added option to enable/disable autocast
- Fixed sell undo being disabled by casting show range
- Added Dwarf race

New race! Only has a hand full of towers at the moment, will be adding more in the next few days. Please provide comments and criticisms.

Also uploaded to MMH.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

The dwarven race is a nice addition!

Here is my feedback for v44b ( limited to the first row of towers, sadly):

To fix:
- dwarf builder has no portrait, but only a white screen
- Mortar Teams and Spotter show no range if 'Range' is used

Suggestions:
- I think it could be a good idea to show how many shoots a cannon tower has left. In my opinion, the best solution to this would be to make a reverse lumber display, if you know what I mean ( yellow numbers that pop up, flying in the air)
- What do you think about a buff for mortar towers that are influenced by Spotter ? I think my mortar was under influence whereas he was not, which I noticed much later
- In my opinion, Sharpshooter is too strong. Although massing him is not a wise decision, what about lowering the attack speed a bit ? ( like from 1.2 to 1.4, leaving Spotter at 1.2 or similar)

I really love your project and I hope you keep updating it!

Level 25
- Mortar Teams and Spotter show no range if 'Range' is used

Mortar Team's range is so large that you need to zoom out to see it ;) (about 3000). I will change the range indicator skin to make it a little more clear that an area is within range, but the problem remains that the model disappears if you move your camera too far.

- I think it could be a good idea to show how many shoots a cannon tower has left. In my opinion, the best solution to this would be to make a reverse lumber display, if you know what I mean ( yellow numbers that pop up, flying in the air)

Will do.

- What do you think about a buff for mortar towers that are influenced by Spotter ? I think my mortar was under influence whereas he was not, which I noticed much later

To clarify:
Spotter has an aura that affects creeps
Mortars that fire at affected creeps will lead their targets (aim at where they will be in future)

It still needs a bit of work (you'll notice they don't aim very precisely). I might also add an upgrade for the mortar that does a similar thing but affects the mortars themselves, not sure yet.

- In my opinion, Sharpshooter is too strong. Although massing him is not a wise decision, what about lowering the attack speed a bit ? ( like from 1.2 to 1.4, leaving Spotter at 1.2 or similar)

Whoops, had a small calculation error in the spreadsheet. Will make a minor adjustment.

Thanks again for the support and feedback, it keeps me going :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Mortar Team's range is so large that you need to zoom out to see it ;) (about 3000). I will change the range indicator skin to make it a little more clear that an area is within range, but the problem remains that the model disappears if you move your camera too far.
Hm, I see... What about creating a red range circle at 1000 range ? To indicate it is the minimal range ?
Spotter has an aura that affects creeps
Never mind, this explains a lot Oh lord, not again, please excuse excuse excuse,rulerofiron99

I am glad if I can help you :) I make sure to play it in multi player to test the other towers, too.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Alright, attached a replay for multi player.

At around 14:45, does a Mortar from teal attacks with under 1000 range ?

Other things:
- Statue is moving ? Great idea! You should mention it in the text tooltip. I also think it might be good to add a new paragraph between the 'kings!' and the next sentence ( just a little little thing)
- If a player leaves I can send myself gold from them, nice!
- Give Gold cost information is misleading, in my opinion, it makes it sound as if it costs 12 gold to send 10 gold.
- I see no command in the commands log for making the game infinite, could you add it, please ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 25
- Statue is moving ? Great idea! You should mention it in the text tooltip. I also think it might be good to add a new paragraph between the 'kings!' and the next sentence ( just a little little thing)

That's a bug :p
(the upgraded version might have movement capabilities)

- Give Gold cost information is misleading, in my opinion, it makes it sound as if it costs 12 gold to send 10 gold.
- I see no command in the commands log for making the game infinite, could you add it, please ?

Will clarify.

EDIT: Just barely beat veteran/long using Dwarf so the balance is more or less good. Except for the Gyrocopter; need to change that ground attack. I really need to focus more on gameplay and roles than making it fit thematically.

Last edited:
Level 25
Update 0.45
- Fixed dwarven statue being able to move
- Several tooltip improvements
- Added minimum range indicator
- Changed range indicator texture
- Improved Mortar Team + Spotter aiming
- New creep ability: Cripple
- New dwarf tower: Hall of Storms
- New dwarf tower: Howitzer
- New dwarf tower: Artillery
- New dwarf tower: Rail Tank
- Changed Limited Ammution to no longer pause the unit
- New ability for cannon tower: manual reload

EDIT: Mortar Team + Spotter seems to be broken at the moment.

EDIT 2: Fixed.

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I played v45c in multi player, here is my short list:

- Spotter shows no range
- Dwarves Howitzer shows no range
- Quest log command section still does not show that players can vote for a longer mode

A player ( shadow builder) reported that his Black Mirror was removed twice.

Level 25
Will fix.

attachment.php

Attachments

• info.jpg
    info.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 208
Level 10
v045c

Dude this map is epic. Here's feedback and junk. Your map is getting a lot of attention so I apologize if I'm repeating bugs found and suggestions by other users.

Suggestions/thing I've found:

I found 4 bugs.
  1. First bug is, my player name was the colour code instead of WorldEdit.
  2. Second bug is one of my towers kept of selling itself straight after I build it. It's the Black Mirror for the Shadow Builder. (In the replay).
  3. I like the fast-foward feature, but it sucks when you are trying to hit leaks with the mortar guy and they just zip past, maybe an option to turn it off?
  4. Add a indication of pathing size of each tower in their tool tips, I reserve spaces for late game towers, then I find out that it doesn't even fit.
  5. Floating text conversation when goblins hit other towers, "Hey watch where you're throwing that thing!","Oops my bad", "Hey watch out"
  6. Upgrading to Goblin Chemist says 'Ground only', but they attack both ways.
  7. Range checker for Shadow Abyssal Pits and Shadow Gold Mine.
  8. A warning that when a tower that has gained damage from the Workshop, it will lose the bonus damage when upgrading. (Not sure if suggestion or bug report)
  9. Shadow builder should have the option to hide Shadows (100 transparency) temporarily so the player can see easier when building.
  10. Show range doesn't work for City Arch
  11. Pollution Slow buff says Endurance Aura
  12. Third bug, When you Demolish a Barracks, the footmen spawned do not disappear, so you can continually build and sell barracks' to get free footmen. This also works for Goblin Sappers, build, then sell for full refund and a free land mine. (I feel that this bug will work on any building that spawns something.)
  13. Maze runner test: Creates a little unit that zips through the maze really quickly to give the player an idea of the direction of the maze. (You could even add a lighting effect and have a lightning orb zip through like electrical circuitry).
  14. Fourth bug, Railgun (800gold upgrade) does no damage when I use it's spells. In replay last wave.

Replays attached.

Attachments

• Footmen Bug.w3g
    131.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Portal Bug.w3g
    188.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Name Bug.w3g
    99.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Mirror Bug.w3g
    88.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Railgun no damage.w3g
    152.1 KB · Views: 49