• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Raise Your Own Dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raise Your Own Dragon!

You are Lucio Smith of (Place). You have been living with your uncle, since your parents died when you were still young. You are very poor, and you need to do hard work to get money for your needs. One day, as you were strolling you came upon a Shiny Rock, and as you examine it further, you discover its a Dragon Egg! You have to protect it, from enemies hunting down dragons, and raise it, until it grows larger and larger! Then, you will adventure the world with your dragon!

I have been inspired by the movie, "How to train your Dragon" and the book/game/story "Eragon". That's why I have been currently developing a map similar to those stories. I know I might have some failed game ideas, which were discontinued, because of some reasons. But I have got my spirits raised again, and now, have started the map. I have uploaded a beta map below, its still very empty, but it will get you a small idea on how will it work. :D

Frengers - Egg related icons
TriggerHappy - PreventSave
Sin'dorei300 - House Wall, Door Models
NewsomMusic - Background Music
Tenebrae - RPGHeroVillager
Game_Slave - Wooden Tile
Chaosfury - Stairs
Kitabatake - Attachment Models (A LOT)

205436-albums6421-picture69678.png

The framework of your house, no furnitures yet.
205436-albums6421-picture69690.png

2nd floor of your house, sleeping area(no stuff yet)
205436-albums6421-picture69679.png

You, your house, and the fields
205436-albums6421-picture69680.png

Your dragon egg!

I hope you guys will like this idea, and would like to help :)
Note: Some of the screenshots are not available in the current uploaded beta map.

Might use this.

Attachments

• Raise Your Own Dragon v1.00a(beta).w3x
    1.8 MB · Views: 218
  • Raise Your Own Dragon v1.00b(beta).w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Level 11
Ok, I played it for a bit.

1 - I got annoyed at the entering/exiting parts of the house. What if there's an emergency and I can't get to the egg? lol.
2 - I suggest you make a temperature meter ability on Lucio, so whenever you leave, you know the egg's condition.

I really like it so far, except the the damn doors. lol. I would also like to help you on making this, it had my attention from the start.

Ok, I played it for a bit.

1 - I got annoyed at the entering/exiting parts of the house. What if there's an emergency and I can't get to the egg? lol.
2 - I suggest you make a temperature meter ability on Lucio, so whenever you leave, you know the egg's condition.

I really like it so far, except the the damn doors. lol. I would also like to help you on making this, it had my attention from the start.
Thank you for testing :))
Well the egg's temperature becomes normal when you leave, so its like, it only continues to grow when you are there, so don't worry :), as of now you need to be in the backyard for 150 seconds to make it hatch, so its like a timer, and it will pause, when you leave :) but i might change these in the future.

what can you help me in? :) because the main person i need right now is a terrainer

Level 11
I played it again and stuff went through my mind.

1 - Why don't you just use the way gate's ability on small circle of powers placed in front of the doors? That way, Lucio could go around easily.
2 - Well, I thought that Lucio had to eat and stuff, He had to leave occasionally. Plus it would be really good to have the egg's temperature continuously increase/decrease, it would really make the player have a time table to do stuff. It is an RP of course, the main character should do other stuff instead of watching the egg hatch.
3 - You should fix the camera when leaving the backyard. :>

So far, so good.

Level 13
WoW RIP Dragon??
I like Single.... Oh it seem like SIM....
You can buy stuff then add it on your room @.@ Cool....
Also you can also search also another dragon egg also....
Should can rename the dragon....
Can rename my name too....
Sell - Buy stuff.... Also add Village....
Cooler than Eragon ;) ;)

I Haven't PLAY it YET :p :p OKAY TRYING!!

Level 11
@FRENGERS
I won't argue with what you've said, I made my signature a long time ago. lol.
But if you're just going to say that I'm crap at everything I do, you should keep that to yourself.
I am not offended but I find you rude. I'm just here to help the guy.
I improved in the time that I was on hiatus so maybe I could do less crappy stuff.

@Bisnar
Seems like I don't fit to do anything, ask FRENGERS for suggestions.

Level 13
Oh no sorry I'v got my bad english, and you mad -..-
You just don't understand what I said xD xD
bisnar doesn't want ( Real Picture Banner, He whould like sketch banner.... He must made him self -..- )
So: Your signature is good, but bisnar doesn't want request, he just want make himself banner.... But bisnar doesn't had good imagination he though -..- ( That what I mean )
So hard to say LoL'z
Well I just good make simple but fenomenal art....
Like one of my map.... HERE Check my Albums on my facebook.... Please be my Not Quite Friend But Not Quite Stranger....

@FRENGERS don't insult(saying they suck at doing something) other people.
@BreathingAcid i still want your help.

Why there are 2 beta versions?
Because I will continue to post more betas as this develops so that people won't get bored for waiting months to try the game like other maps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.