• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
TO ALL THE FOLLOWERS!: PLEASE DON'T ASK ME OF SCREENSHOTS, PROGRESS, ETC ETC. I'M ALWAYS ONLINE SO I'LL JUST UPDATE IT REGULARLY. I'M JUST SAYING THIS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO BE RUSHED BY PEOPLE WHILE ALL THEY DO IS TO SIT AND WAIT!

So here it is a revival of my dead project Project Ghost Campaign

The Team Project Ghost

Project Leader, Terrainer, Coder. - SonofJay

Modeler - Markos3520

Tester - Ken-E

Tester - zlowly

GUI Trigger - darkgrom

Tester - UndeadImmortal

Tester - hexcellion

Tester - Atticus

Tester and GUI Coder neo_sluf

Helper - ERYFKRAD(Not very active on hive, but very active on other forums and the most active member)

The Team needs the following:

Music Artist - (This was still undecided. But I'm thinking to make custom voice act for the cinematics.)

Project Ghost
was based on year 2050 when war had conquered the world.
ICN - Intel Cord Network had form a group called "Project Ghost" to fight the ACG.

ACG - Avian Coule Group, lead by Avian Coule had plotted the war and conquered the world.

Project Ghost Member "Open at your own risk contains spoilers"

Ghost - The main character of the game, not much to say about him so discover it yourself:ogre_hurrhurr:
Captain Hail The team leader of Project Ghost, he had proven himself many times with his leader ship skills, and a quick thinker.
Riggs- The clown of the team, he always make joke of Viper. But he was a very reliable assaulter.
Viper - The Sniper of the team, with his pin-point accuracy, no one had ever lived from his targets to tell how great he is.

Progress

211785-albums5437-picture56444.jpg

211785-albums5437-picture56449.jpg

211785-albums5437-picture56395.jpg

211785-albums5437-picture56393.jpg

211785-albums5437-picture56445.jpg

211785-albums5437-picture56487.jpg

211785-albums5437-picture56531.jpg

This are some of the systems for the
Project Ghost

Complete - means 100% done
Pending - means undecided
On-progress - Means the system are on progress

*3rd person camera and a decent arrowkey movement system(complete)
*A nice shooting system(complete)
*Dash System (complete)
*Ammonition System (complete)
*Unique Equipment system (complete)
*Aircraft system (On-progress)
*Unique control-robot system (pending)
*Lightning system (On-progress)
*Environment Sounds (On-progress)
and many more

-You can support the project by giving suggestions
-Just keep posting on the thread with on-game related topics
-Use our Banner

Simple the whole new environment of the map, from the terrain, gameplay, systems etc. And also this map will not use any warcraft 3 resources. Except the UI if can't find someone to do it.

I use regions to switch units camera distance etc. etc.

Okay this is how the movement system and camera system works.

Up Arrow Key - To move forward.
Press Up Arrow Key twice - Make the unit run, drains energy.
Down Arrow Key - To automatically turn around
Left Arrow Key - To make the unit face left. Camera follows the units rotation.
Right Arrow Key - To make the unit face right. Camera follows the units rotation.

Progress so far

Training Map:
Terrain: IIIIIIIIII (90%)
Triggers: IIIIIIIIII (70%)
Weapons: IIIIIIIIII

Prologue:
Terrain: IIIIIIIIII (70%)
Cinematic: IIIIIIIIII (20%)
Lines/Story: IIIIIIIIII (100%)

Chapter 1:
Terrain: IIIIIIIIII (70%)
Triggers: IIIIIIIIII (30%)
Object Manager(Items/Abilities): IIIIIIIIII (20%)
Cut Scenes: IIIIIIIIII (30%)
Lines/Story: IIIIIIIIII (60%)

Chapter 2:
Terrain: IIIIIIIIII (40%)
Triggers: IIIIIIIIII (20%)
Object Manager(Items/Abilities): IIIIIIIIII (0%)
Cut Scenes: IIIIIIIIII (0%)
Lines/Story: IIIIIIIIII (10%)

NOTES: Because I'm taking suggestions, progress on triggers/systems went down.
Banner

USETHIS:
HTML:
[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/project-ghost-212867/][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/211785-albums5437-picture56480.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

USE THIS:
HTML:
[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/project-ghost-212867/][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/211785-albums5437-picture56486.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

USE THIS:
HTML:
[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/project-ghost-212867/][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/211785-albums5437-picture56478.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

USE THIS:
HTML:
[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/project-ghost-212867/][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/211785-albums5437-picture56494.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Level 28
@Sverker

Hmm I think I will make more progress on terrain first before applying any other complicated things on the map, but I can start learning your system now. I'll add your system on the list on *pending*. I guess it will look perfectly on my 3rd person camera and the movement system.

If you like you can VM it to me or if you want it to do privately then just PM me. :D Thanks I will continue to support your project, I will put it on the *Supported Project* on the thread, just waiting on your banner to add it on my sig. :D

Level 28
This project was a 100% not a Halo Map, I just use the masterchief model for the screenshots, it have a high chance to be replace if I can find someone to make the main character model for me.

Tester? sure I really need some.
About the suggesting thing, all I need are someone to give suggestions on how to make the project more interesting. Just like saying you need this kind of system use this kind of model etc etc.

I now accept you as a tester. But when the demo had been released I expect a good review.

I will now make a Tester banner I hope you will use it as your signature.

EDIT:

Banner for tester is now fisnished.

Level 15
Glad to see my project is being supported in there.
On-Topic:
So this is going to be an SRPG huh? Sounds interesting, especially for something that actually sci-fi related. If you need testing, I'll be here. ^ ^

EDIT: Also, could you make 'EchoStorm' like this, and make my name with capital letters, lol. Thanks again!

Level 28
Didn't you look on the screenshots? Look on the second screeny that is what the shop would be. The map won't do a you enter a dungeon by going on a region then it will send you to another place of the map.

To short it you can enter any buildings in the map, and not by teleporting you to another place to be called it inside the building. I guess I will make a screeny for that.

EDIT:

Added the screenshot look for the "inside a house" screeny

{EDIT}
SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT

I appreciate the support that Project Ghost was getting. 1 day thread then we already have a second page. So every one that posted on the thread before this post will be give +rep

Thank you very much and continue the support

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
@toby

Yup the terrain is still on heavy construction, its hard to find modern models to decorate the terrain so I'm still waiting for 2 modelers to apply on the team. Markos is currently busy on making weapon attachments. Can you tell me what models there are ugly? so I can remove them immediately. You know what challenge makes me more motivated on making modern maps? I'm a model collector myself and I have a lot of UTM, those hard to find UTM, doodad pack, and even those models made only for their map. And many high-texture models packs. But still I'm looking for a modeler.

Level 28
@Sverker This is a SP

I use regions to switch units camera distance etc. etc.

Okay this is how the movement system and camera system works.

Up Arrow Key - To move forward.
Press Up Arrow Key twice - Make the unit run, drains energy.
Down Arrow Key - To automatically turn around
Left Arrow Key - To make the unit face left. Camera follows the units rotation.
Right Arrow Key - To make the unit face right. Camera follows the units rotation.

Last edited:
Level 28
@Hex

Sure I still need some tester. But as I said with the others, when the demo has been released I'll be expecting a good review.

EDIT:

I won't be doing any progress today, my brain was dead after my hardcore exam. Have you ever experienced to answer a 300 question within 3hours?

Well I'm still waiting for markos to log in so I can inform you what are the finished weapons right now.

EDIT:

Okay I guess I'm wrong that the map wouldn't make any progress today, me and darkgrom(darkgrom made the system, I just fixed some issues) finished the buying system, will post a screeny later I really just have a terrible headache today.(damn that exam:ogre_rage:)

This was the first option(the easy one) the second one is more complicated but more user friendly but wasn't even started any progress. So if everyone is disappointed on the first option then I will now start the complicated one

{EDIT 1}
Sorry for double-posting but this post is very important:

I will make a sub-thread inside Project Ghost Thread:

All tester are required to take a look on this sub thread. For more info just look on the first post and look for the "Special Melee Map"

Currently making the sub-thread.

EDIT: Sub-thread was done.

{EDIT 2}
PROGRESS UPDATE:

What I planning to make:

Will add 3 buildings

*2 buildings with 2 floors
*1 building with 3 floors

Today target:

I guess I can finish 1 building with 2 floors today but if I can make it faster then maybe the 2 buildings with second floor

Level 28
Okay I'll try, I actually spend my day searching forums after forums for models and modeller, and fortunately I found someone. But he said he won't be that productive cause he already have alot of request.

If no one really apply as a modeler. Then I guess the progress on terrain will be slow because I need to find the models myself.

{EDIT}
Sorry for another double-post
But I just want to show you the UI that I will use

211785-albums5437-picture56531.jpg

Level 28
@Lembidi

You'll join what?

Modeler? (I would really love if you want to be a modeler!)
Coder? (I guess 3 coders are enough)
Tester?(Not recommended I have a lot of tester right now.)

{EDIT}
I can't really finish the buildings right now without the needed models so I guess I'll leave it for a moment.

Today's Task:

I will try to make a cool lightning system, hope it works out.

Level 6
Anyway can i ask about the AI...???
Can i ask what do AI does in the game....????
Maybe i can work on it as soon as possible all i need is a full description of what, when, where and who about the AI.
The GUI Triggering, i will work on it alone.Just reminding i use BOOLEAN AI system.

Level 28
Anyway can i ask about the AI...???
Can i ask what do AI does in the game....????
Maybe i can work on it as soon as possible all i need is a full description of what, when, where and who about the AI.
The GUI Triggering, i will work on it alone.Just reminding i use BOOLEAN AI system.

Its complicated to do a AI if the terrain, story wasn't finish. Just wait till I finish it and I'll pass the map to you with the proper description of what AI I want

Level 6
Level 28
Hmm can't really say. But I already finish the the whole laboratory 1, 1/4 of the city(we still have a village, forest, laboratory 2, ACG building.), Hero, I still have a lot to do with it. Story is still on progress, models( ERYFKRAD had send me alot, so I guess its enough to decorate the city), weapon should be ask to markos, he is the one doing the weapons.

But please stop asking, I'll update regularly so you will know what progress we are making.

Oh also this is my schedule for the remaining 2 weeks of class.

March 12 - 14 : Graduation Practice
March 15: Final Exam
March 16: Mass for the students who will graduate(forgot what it called)

March 19-20: Graduation Practice
March 21-23: Sport Fest

March 25: GRADUATION!
So I guess I won't make any big progress until March 25. Also I need to practice for the pledge of loyalty and for the two songs that I will sing.

Please be patient, that is the only thing that I will ask for the all of you. Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 9
Haha, just Triggering so, or cinematic making!! And, i will making some picture and loading!! :)
I have small project :/ Just music project.
So, what you think??
:)

{EDIT}
Um.. you forget to add this on that banner:
url]
Just remove the [SPACE]

Level 6
Did this project gonna done in end of march? or in middle of march?

{EDIT}
Oh yeah tell me if the project gonna having a vehicle control system right?
controling a tank,warthog,heavy siege tank,airplane or something like that isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.