• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Power of Fire - need 3D artists to finish project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Here are some screenshots
and here is a video.

What we want you to do:
We have a huge list of models which are required for spells and the storyline. Unfortunately, our only 3D artist left our team a long time ago. Although we use medieval realtexture models (like Born's) for our doodads we need models for spells, creatures and weapons as well.
Every single model will help us to improve our mod which means we really really appreciate all help!

The Power of Fire/Die Macht des Feuers

Details:
"The Power of Fire" is a multiplayer role play game modificaton for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne of which development has gone since 2007 up to now. Modification means in this case that we're using our own data archive which allows us to evade the 4 or 8 MB limit for network games.
Therefore we have nearly unlimited possibilities about files like models or textures. "The Power of Fire" will be released with one single map in its first version which is laid out for 6 human players. Map systems are using the ASL (Advanced Script Library) as their core systems. ASL has been developed by me using vJass since 2008 and provides many core structures and systems for RPG maps.
The map contains role play games typical elements:
* characters could reach level 25
* 9 different character classes each with 15 different abilities (12 normals with 5 levels, 1 default and 2 ultimates for level 12 and level 25)
* shared creep experience and gold drops (custom system, even if you're away from your allies you'll get it)
* creeps do respawn after some time
* grimoire usable during battles which allows you to choose your favourite spells (4 spells can be shown without using the spell book button) and has a limit of 15 different skillable spells
* optional third person camera view (by using this system)
* talks with NPCs using Warcraft III dialogs (possibly composed)
* NPCs with routines
* video sequences which illustrate the linear game story
* different quests for the character group and each single character
* revival system with capitalizable shrines
* landscape with real texture models (mainly from Born2Modificate's model packages)
* exclusive custom icons and models from Hive Workshop and Wc3C.net (particularly high quality stuff)
* equipment system with 5 different equipment slots (equipment items are shown as unit's attachment)
* bagpack system with 32*4 slots which can easily be used during battles (customizable)
* storyline integrated PvP mode with two computer-controlled groups (AOS like)
* arena where you can fight against NPCs
* exciting storyline

Note that "The Power of Fire" or "Die Macht des Feuers" is a German project which WILL DEFINITELY BE TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH and maybe some other languages. Besides please do also consider that I am very experienced with vJass and Warcraft III modding and that this project is very professional by now.

Progress:
The story is finished (including NPCs, dialogs, quests etc.). There are still some video sequences which has to be finished but the main reason for not having finished this project yet is the huge lack of models and icons since we're using stuff with much better quality than the original Warcraft III has.
Many code systems do already work in game but there are still some bugs to be fixed.

ASL repository:
https://gitorious.org/advanced-script-library

The Power of Fire repository:
https://gitorious.org/dmdf

Web Log:
http://diemachtdesfeuers.wordpress.com/

Last edited:
Level 25
Recently, I've made some major updates for the NPC routine system. Each NPC has its own daily routine, so NPCs talk to each other and go to sleep in the evening (entering their houses) etc.
There has been made some improvements in the PvP cave, as well which you can see in the gameplay trailer.
You're able to turn yourself into a demon or angel creature and join one of two sides by using a magical ring given from one of the two leaders.
Besides I've added some more enemy spawn points in the map.

Would be great to get some help for this project because I am getting really busy by writing and testing all the code and improving the gameplay.

Level 51
Nice to see that there are still some german projects going on, as an Austrian I'm glad to hear that. If you need some models send me a list and I see if one interests me. I need to note though, that I only use ingame textures for my models, if that's not okay, then I can't do anything :/

Edit: I've watched the video and I must say, the dialogues and quests are partly very.. simple. I mean, you see an archdemon, he tells you he fights against his brother and stuff, and he simply doesn't speak like an archdemon you know what I mean? ^^ Willst du für mich kämpfen? Ja klar. Oh, ein tapferer, melde dich nochmal bei mir!

What archdemon would say that?

Otherwise, totally lovely :)

Last edited:
Level 28
You should try to remove the hero glow for every hero unit since somehow, it doesn't looks good on B2M's doodad pack.

Just like this one:

wc3scrnshot_121810_140447_21.jpg

Anyway this looks really interesting.

EDIT:

can be played with 6 different players at most.

Multiplayer? Tell me how big the map filesize please. :D

Level 25
Nice to see that there are still some german projects going on, as an Austrian I'm glad to hear that. If you need some models send me a list and I see if one interests me. I need to note though, that I only use ingame textures for my models, if that's not okay, then I can't do anything :/

Edit: I've watched the video and I must say, the dialogues and quests are partly very.. simple. I mean, you see an archdemon, he tells you he fights against his brother and stuff, and he simply doesn't speak like an archdemon you know what I mean? ^^ Willst du für mich kämpfen? Ja klar. Oh, ein tapferer, melde dich nochmal bei mir!

What archdemon would say that?

Otherwise, totally lovely :)
First of all thx for your offer and your critics. For units and spells ingame textures are okay. There's a huge German list of required models.

The thing about the arch demon is that it is meant as FUN!!! he fights his brother and his brother fights him and they don't even know why. I thought that this would be clear. Of course many parts of the story aren't meant as fun but this one definitely is.
Maybe the language is not perfect for some dialogs (I wrote many of them long time ago) but I tried to give most characters at least some depth. For example if you talk to Sisgard although she might be a bit of stereotype :D

About the screenshot: The red stuff is red fog placed there because these creatures are vampires. Maybe it looks better from sky.

Yeah, about the multiplayer just as PROXY wrote it will use its own exe/MPQ which gives me nearly unlimited space even for dubbed dialogs.

Please, please help me with models! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.