• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Power of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Yes you can. There is two versions of the map/campaign. One in German and one in English. But at the moment not everything is translated yet. I would need much help to finish the translation.

If you have problems with version 0.7 just let me know and I will fix it. There might be some more German tooltips since I will have to update the "Learn Spell" texts.

Level 1
Why do you create a version different for each locale? The MoPaQ format is build to have file served in function of the client locale; you can add the two war3map.wts into the map but each with the property Locale set to the correct lang (You can let the English file with the neutral locale to have it by default).
German and English players can play on the same map and each have it in their own language.

Level 1
At the time i have done it with a map i have used WinMPQ: you can't specify the locale when you add the file, but you can after, so you change the locale of your war3map.wts into German (1031) and you add your english file (by default it will take locale 0 => neutral). You should delete the (attributes) file (or recreate it).
The locales are from Microsoft:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd318693(v=vs.85).aspx
From WinMPQ documentation:
Locale ID
The locale ID determines what language version of the software a file is intended for. Here is a list of some of the ID numbers you can use for files.

0 Language Neutral/English
1031 (407 in hex) German
1033 (409 in hex) English (neutral is usually used instead of this)
1034 (40A in hex) Spanish
1036 (40C in hex) French
1040 (410 in hex) Italian
1046 (416 in hex) Portuguese

I searched Grimoire and it doesn't have a command for the locale. You should be able to find a MPQ editor by command line with support for locale, otherwise you can make your own application or create a lua dll to command it with grimoire.

EDIT: I forget; if you want to test another locale you can change in war3.mpq>config.txt the field LANGID.

Last edited:
Level 25
thx I am currently working on the English translation. Besides I am implementing a map transition system (like in the Bonus Campaign), so you will be able to change to other maps with your character as long as you are playing the single player campaign.

The second map has an initial version but a terrainer would be helpful.

The English translation is much much work to do, so I would be happy if anyone wants to help me.

Level 11
thx I am currently working on the English translation. Besides I am implementing a map transition system (like in the Bonus Campaign), so you will be able to change to other maps with your character as long as you are playing the single player campaign.

The second map has an initial version but a terrainer would be helpful.

The English translation is much much work to do, so I would be happy if anyone wants to help me.
I cant help :ogre_frown: But anyway, Thank you :ogre_love::ogre_love:

Level 14
Hi Barade,

I watched the video, you linked 2 posts earlier, and this looks nice, I think what stands out is voice-acted text transmissions (at the end of the video), this was actually an impressive feature. Also the loading screen is increasing atmosphere a lot directly at the beginning.
I wanted to say that this transparent tree system is a good idea but that it seems to make the trees "too much transparent" in my opinion. I would rather leave the trees visible because the camera can be rotated, I guess? Maybe add an alternate animation to the trees, if this works and make them a bit less invisible instead?
Also, I think some waterways look too small and sterile and the quest markers are maybe a bit too big in my opinion.

Just wanted to make some comments. Best wishes for the making of your mod in the future :)

Level 14
Hey Barade,

The transparent trees look perfect in the newest lets play, also the quality of spoken dialoges is impressive! To be honest, I think that these HD tents look pretty ugly, I never liked them ...
Other than that it looks pretty cool :)

Level 25
New images of the upcoming release 0.9: New Images of Version 0.9

It will feature two new maps. A small village called "Dornheim" where the characters start and the North where two of the main characters come from.

Of course the maps will be added in an initial version and not be completely finished. Besides I am planning to improve the map "Holzbruck", a big town where the characters travel to after visiting the castle "Talras".

The new profession "Demonology" has been added as well. Since the modification is very big anyway, I want to improve the singleplayer mode much more. Now that traveling to maps works I will improve the locations and maybe add more in the future.

There is also an initial version of a World Map where the player can choose his target location.

Level 25
Another big update before releasing version 0.9: Trigger Editor support for The Power of Fire

It is now possible to use the Trigger Editor (GUI triggers) instead of JASS or vJass to create new maps for the modification. I will add all necessary functions over the time. This helps non vJass programmers to create maps.
GUI triggers are much easier to understand for many people. Besides you can select units, doodads etc. directly in the map using GUI triggers.

This will be used in the new map "The North" and hopefully make it simpler and faster to create new maps.

Level 2
Hey bud, how is development going?
Hope the English translation is still coming along because thing seemed awesome. Best of luck?

Level 25
I have examns in a few weeks, so I don't have much time at the moment but I am working on the final 0.9 release which has lots of bugfixes and new maps.

The English translation is a bit stuck at the moment. I hope I can add more translations before the final release of 0.9 and distribute them to all maps of the modification.

Level 25
Finally translated ALL dialogues into English: English Translation of The Power of Fire

Now I am translating the whole war3map.wts file (all object data/tooltips/map strings) and using my tool wc3trans to distribute the translations to all other maps as well.

Here you can check out the German file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tdauth/dmdf/master/maps/Talras/war3map_de.wts

And this is the partly translated English version of it: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tdauth/dmdf/master/maps/Talras/war3map_en.wts

I think at the moment I have around 8000 untranslated entries of which many are editor only texts (Editor suffix, Doodad names) and many are duplicates because of the several abilities for one spell I have for the spell book system.

And there is another German Let's Play of the modification:

Last edited:
Level 25
Hi there! I've finally finished my studies and I am working now. Here is an article about the changes which have to be made because of the latest patches The Power of Fire and the latest Warcraft III Patches

Hopefully, the latest patches didn't break any code systems.
I am working on release 1.0 which will install a custom War3Mod.mpq file instead of a custom .exe file. Therefore, it should work on all Windows versions.
Besides, I've merged all code from the ASL (the core systems) into one single repository: GitHub - tdauth/dmdf: A Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne modification.

Level 25
I have uploaded a prerelease of version 1.0 which should work on Windows 8 and 10.
It installs a custom War3Mod.mpq file into the Frozen Throne directory and installs the maps and campaigns into the user directory (which is required by the latest patch for TFT).
It can be found here: The Power of Fire Prerelease 1.0 file

Please download and test it and give me feedback since I want to find and fix as many bugs as possible before releasing the final version 1.0.

There are some known bugs:
  • Traveling to the world map crashes sometimes.
  • Traveling to another map and back does not restore the inventory properly.
  • The camera zoom bug occurs randomly.

All bugs should be listed here: Issues · tdauth/dmdf · GitHub

Status
Not open for further replies.